Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

awww you look totally cute! sounds like a great night! :D

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Re: October 2011

Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am

WOO HOO go STRADDIE SUPER BRIDE LOL/. love it

On another note FH is being backpayed almost a years worth of back pay (obviously. They werent paying him what he should of been) which means that hopefully our reception will be mostly payed for. And he is doing a job which will mean that his wedding band is payed for. He charged them what his ring is worth> WOO HOO> and a payrise to which will mean we should be able to so the little things that we though we were going to have to let go.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 am

Bonus!

I'm ordering my invitation pouches & envelopes today!

75 DL sized pouches, 200 envelopes plus a roll of double sided tape & postage for just over $100 - bonus!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Tue May 17, 2011 3:41 pm

KCupcake21 wrote:
Bonus!

I'm ordering my invitation pouches & envelopes today!

75 DL sized pouches, 200 envelopes plus a roll of double sided tape & postage for just over $100 - bonus!

WOW what a fabulous [price

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Tue May 17, 2011 5:04 pm

caz wrote:

On another note FH is being backpayed almost a years worth of back pay (obviously. They werent paying him what he should of been) which means that hopefully our reception will be mostly payed for. And he is doing a job which will mean that his wedding band is payed for. He charged them what his ring is worth> WOO HOO> and a payrise to which will mean we should be able to so the little things that we though we were going to have to let go.

Woo hoo! Gotta love backpay! Sure it messes you up while they're being stooges, but the bulk sure does come in handy!!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

nwyfre wrote:
caz wrote:

Woo hoo! Gotta love backpay! Sure it messes you up while they're being stooges, but the bulk sure does come in handy!!

Yep its a bout 15K worth to but Fk knows how much of that will go to tax.

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 18, 2011 11:27 am

Count on at least 30% of it going in tax...just find some of those receipts for things you've bought for work during the year!

(That's the accountant in me!)

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Wed May 18, 2011 5:03 pm

We bought FH's suit yesterday! It was a bargain.. and looked super hot... shame I didn't get any pics

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed May 18, 2011 5:04 pm

missEbali wrote:
We bought FH's suit yesterday! It was a bargain.. and looked super hot... shame I didn't get any pics

Yay!

Ahh well, more of a surprise for us when the day comes!

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 pm

haha.. true, I will try to get pics though when we get the groomsmens pants.

The man there loved FH, because he is a fan of the footy club FH plays for. Hopefully we get a good discount!

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed May 18, 2011 5:23 pm

missEbali wrote:
haha.. true, I will try to get pics though when we get the groomsmens pants.

The man there loved FH, because he is a fan of the footy club FH plays for. Hopefully we get a good discount!

Hahahahaha perfect!

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 pm

hey girls havent been up to much wedding planning as everything big is really complete! Need to get a guest list sorted though!! And i started my health kick on Monday going well!!

KCupcake21 wrote:
(That's the accountant in me!)

Im an accountant to! Have you done your ca or cpa? Im just over half way thru cpa!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

I completed my CA a few years ago now - I don't think i could have done my CA & planned a wedding!

Mind you, i'm getting married in tax season & going on our week long honeymoon straight after the wedding, so yep, my Boss currently loves me!

My big list is getting smaller...

next big thing to do is sort out an account with Holsten's so i can buy some vases!

Redkimstar

Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 am

Hey girls! i feel like nothing and everything wedding related is happening at the same time! My venue had another wedding set up last weekend so went and checked that out, met the co-ordinator and she was SOOOO nice, which was a huge relief, I was getting a bit panicky about my venue, as I picked it really quickly due to a bit of family pressure, but happy with everything now.

After thinking I had solved my bridesmaid dress issue, my larger bridesmaid has balked at buying a dress online, she is freaking out about the sizing... So i said right, and went and found some material at spotlight which is perfect, so am just going to get them made, however still need to find a reasonable dressmaker. I'm just not sure how much they are meant to cost? I have found one lady who is $290 per dress plus material, which makes it over $800 for 2 dresses!!! ARGGHHH, note to other brides, do not have two drastically different shaped bridesmaids, it is hard...

Found the perfect wedding ring too, but it is a bit out of my budget, so still thinking about it... Was bizarre as I have such a weird size finger, J 1/2, and this is the size of the ring, fits perfectly around my other ring, but I don't want to get caught up in the moment and overspend! My small budget consious wedding is turning into an expensive extravaganza, and i'm not sure how i feel about that!

Hope everyone else's planning is going well, and not getting too stressed. I felt a bit bridezilla this week, feel like I need to relax a bit more about everything

jasmine&paul

Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 am

KCupcake21 wrote:
I completed my CA a few years ago now - I don't think i could have done my CA & planned a wedding!

Mind you, i'm getting married in tax season & going on our week long honeymoon straight after the wedding, so yep, my Boss currently loves me!

Yeh im not doing my cpa next semester taking it off otherwise my exam would be on my honeymoon - stuff that!! I dont work in tax i work for a charity so dont have to worry about tax season!!

Redkimstar wrote:
After thinking I had solved my bridesmaid dress issue, my larger bridesmaid has balked at buying a dress online, she is freaking out about the sizing... So i said right, and went and found some material at spotlight which is perfect, so am just going to get them made, however still need to find a reasonable dressmaker. I'm just not sure how much they are meant to cost? I have found one lady who is $290 per dress plus material, which makes it over $800 for 2 dresses!!! ARGGHHH, note to other brides, do not have two drastically different shaped bridesmaids, it is hard...

My girls paid $270 for their dresses to be made by a lady in sydney that included the material & they are floor length (pics in S&T). $800 is a bit pricey to me but if you & the girls are happy thats all that matters! What do the dresses look like? Is the dress maker in a shop or works from home? I got a dress made a few years ago by a lady that worked from home & she only charged me $80 with my own material compared to a quote of $300 from a shop.

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 am

Just ordered my mini tiara from ebay for only $10 & free postage! Now to see what it looks like when it gets here!

But with getting professional dressmakers, even in brisbane I can't find one who starts at less than $150 & with the fabric costing $60 per metre & the dresses needing 4 metres, that is $390 a dress! Good old mum to the rescue for me!

Still to do on my big list:

- boys suits
- wedding rings
- honeymoon
- finalise what i want for my centerpieces (i've had a few ideas)
- organise the bridesmaids bouquets - i'm going fake, but i just need to work out what i want
- hair & make-up trials for me
- help mum get started on the bridesmaids dresses!
- print my invites & RSVP cards
- organise my veil (to be done during my first dress fitting)
- buy my earings!
- print the table cards & seating plan

Apart from this, i think everything is reasonably organised.

Redkimstar

Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm

After seeing those prices, I feel like that lady is a rip off! $290 per dress + material does seem unreasonable... need to find another dress maker...

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Redkimstar wrote:
After seeing those prices, I feel like that lady is a rip off! $290 per dress + material does seem unreasonable... need to find another dress maker...

Why don't you ask the fashion students at the local tafe? I'm sure second years will know what they're doing, and it can go towards their final folio.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25