A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 43
 
User avatar
Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author
Posts: 2663
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 9:12 am

November 2011

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 am

A place for all the November 2011 brides to share their plans :D
 
User avatar
sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: November 2011

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 pm

come on friends lol =]

we have our thread now
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm

November 25!

But 11/11/2011 would be pretty cool too :)
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Yay we have our own one now!! 26-11-11 for me
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 am

Hi girlies :)

What have yopu organised? What's on the to do list?
 
User avatar
sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: November 2011

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 am

so far we have

venue for both
photographer
dress (well still to order it )
know what we are doing for food + entertainment
guest list
organising engagment party
chosen our honeymoon spot.
Celebrant


all the little things are on our todo list
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm

So far FH and I have booked

Our ceremony and reception venue
The florist and Cake
The wedding car
The Celebrant
The photographer

I have my dress, shoes, veil, and jewelry
We both have our wedders

I have my MOH dress
Flowergirls dresses and their jewelry
FH and BM's ties

I need to have FH's suit especially made as he's 6 foot 4 so traditional suits are not long enough for him and to get one long enough its too big in the body. So BM will have to have his suit especially made too so that they match.
I need to organise the invites (have done STDs)
And the small things that add to the ambiance of the whole day need to be organised.
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 pm

How about you Kaitos?? What have you organised so far?
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh ladies! So organised!

We haven't done anything, but we've been to see 6 receptions venues. Where is everyone getting married? We are in Melbourne, so just putting the short list together at the moment...

That said, I do have a budget made, a guest list, an idea of a dress, the BMs and Groomsmen asked and accepted and lots of magazines!

Looking forward to finally booking a venue so we can relax a little :)
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Well that hardest thing is the venue!! Once you have that booked you have a set permanent date wth which to organise everything else around and it really just falls into place!!

We are getting married and also holding our reception at Wellers of Kangaroo Ground.

I haven't got a written budget, but i know I dont want to spend more the 10K, however i have everything i have spent logged into a excel sheet.

My MOH didn't really get a choice cause she's my sister, and the BM agreed last night after my FH could finally get hold of him for a drink so he could ask him in person.

Our flower girl's parents have been notified of our choice, but since they are the only 2 children in the family i think they already expected them to be chosen.
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:22 am

FutureMrsMartin wrote:
Well that hardest thing is the venue!! Once you have that booked you have a set permanent date wth which to organise everything else around and it really just falls into place!!

We are getting married and also holding our reception at Wellers of Kangaroo Ground.

I haven't got a written budget, but i know I dont want to spend more the 10K, however i have everything i have spent logged into a excel sheet.

My MOH didn't really get a choice cause she's my sister, and the BM agreed last night after my FH could finally get hold of him for a drink so he could ask him in person.

Our flower girl's parents have been notified of our choice, but since they are the only 2 children in the family i think they already expected them to be chosen.


Wow I just had a look at Wellers, looks beautiful! Do you live near that area?

I've got a spreadsheet too, our budget is about $15k, and I'm REALLY hoping we don't go over! The reception is the big one...
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah sort of near Wellers, I live about a half hour drive away from there but i think it's worth the drive. Our wedding and reception is only small approx 50 guests, and by using Wellers (apart from loving it and it just feeling warm) it gives us an excuse to keep the guests list small. The room we have has a pax of 85 seated.

A cocktail would fit more but i really dont want a cocktail style reception.
 
User avatar
MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: November 2011

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 pm

11/11/2011 here! :mrgreen: :heart:

We have:

Venue for ceremony
Venue for reception (same as ceremony)
Food and 5h beverage package
Photographer
Videographer
Celebrant
STD's (already sent out)
DIY invitation design; have made half of them, half to go
DJ
MC
Wedding night hotel apartment
Rings
Wedding dress
Shoes
Veil
Hoop
Jewellery
Some flowers
Hair stylist and make-up artist


We still need:

Bridal party finalised
BM dresses
Suit and shoes for FH
Cake
Some flowers
Rose petals for aisle
Cars
Honeymoon


This is just on top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing heaps!
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Malin you're super organised!!

I have done my STDs but i haven't sent them yet, i have this fear about sending them, like what if i miss someone? what if i send a STD and then decide I don't want them there?

We're not having a videographer cause the budget isn't there.
My best mate is an AV tech so will call in a favour for the DJ and he will personally MC the night for us.

Our reception package is also 5 hours with food and bev.
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm

MalinViktoria wrote:
11/11/2011 here! :mrgreen: :heart:

We have:

Venue for ceremony
Venue for reception (same as ceremony)
Food and 5h beverage package
Photographer
Videographer
Celebrant
STD's (already sent out)
DIY invitation design; have made half of them, half to go
DJ
MC
Wedding night hotel apartment
Rings
Wedding dress
Shoes
Veil
Hoop
Jewellery
Some flowers
Hair stylist and make-up artist


We still need:

Bridal party finalised
BM dresses
Suit and shoes for FH
Cake
Some flowers
Rose petals for aisle
Cars
Honeymoon


This is just on top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing heaps!



Wow, so oragnised! Where are you getting married?

I would love to get married on 11/11/2011, but the FH is a teacher and he think that his students year 12 exam will be on that day :(
 
User avatar
Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: November 2011

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:10 pm

26/11/2011 Here :D

We have

Venue: Ceremony and Reception

and our bridal party chosen.

Umm i think going by all your lists, we are a bit behind :lol:

pretty sure we have chosen our videographer though, even though we have 2 more to meet with.

I will be doing wedding stuff tomorrow , so maybe i can catch up soon, LOL.

Oh and my BM and I are going dress shopping on the 22nd of August :D
 
User avatar
The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: November 2011

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:41 am

I think you should be fine Mrs 2 be I haven't done anything in a few weeks since I am back at uni. I just cant be bothered....
 
mon1181

Re: November 2011

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:49 am

Hi everyone and congratulations to all of you.

My fiance and I are getting married on the 19th November 2011.

So far we have only booked our venue and I have decided on my bridesmaids dresses and our colour scheme. I have looked at several wedding dresses but havent decided on anything yet as I am still in the process of loosing all the weight I have gained over 2 pregnancies.

I am off to look at some dresses this afternoon but dont know whether I will choose anything, what may suit me now may not suit me in a few months and 10kg lighter
 
User avatar
MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: November 2011

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 pm

FutureMrsMartin wrote:
Malin you're super organised!!

I have done my STDs but i haven't sent them yet, i have this fear about sending them, like what if i miss someone? what if i send a STD and then decide I don't want them there?

We're not having a videographer cause the budget isn't there.
My best mate is an AV tech so will call in a favour for the DJ and he will personally MC the night for us.

Our reception package is also 5 hours with food and bev.


Actually, we are just using a couple of film students for our "videographer", they're willing to do it for free, but we're paying them $100 ($50 each, not much, I know, but it wasn't really in our budget either :( ), and they'll get a "supplier's meal" (worth $35) at the reception.

I thought about this too regarding the STDs! :lol: We've actually held onto some for the people that we're not quite sure about yet. :oops: *lol* Still heaps of time if we decide to invite them.
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: November 2011

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:32 pm

We have tentatively booked Overnewton Castle on Saturday 26 November 2011! I am so relieved!

I am almost convinced that we'll have a vintage type of theme, with colours like latte, dusty pink, etc - would suit the location perfectly

Apart from that, we haven't done anything else! :D
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 43
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43