A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

futuremrsl

Re: December 2011

Tue May 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Hey All!!

I'm going to be a Dec 2011 bride, so excited about it too!! :D
Just a little bit about my fiance and me...
My fiance and I got engaged in April 2011.
Fiance is in the army training at the royal military college, and i'm currently studying full time.
We are living in Canberra :).

xxoo

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Jessie_Lou wrote:
Sweetpez wrote:
Jessie_Lou wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Another December bride here :D Im Jess (28) and my FH is Matt (25) from Adelaide. We have been together for about 8 months and only engaged for a few weeks but don't want to wait to get married, so our wedding is 3rd December 2011! (Seems to be a popular date!)

We have booked our venue, Sunnybrae for both the ceremony and reception. Have ordered my dress, photographer is booked and hair/make up is booked. Have to be organised when Ive only got 8 or so months to plan the whole wedding!!! :P

How is everyone else coming along??

Jess :D

My wedding is on that day too! Yay!

Yay, Wedding twins! How are your plans going? Do you have a S&T??

Hey I just started a S & T called 'sweetpez's pastel country fair affair'

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 am

So... how's everyone going with their preparations? I just checked out Sweetpez's show and tell, looks great!

Tomorrow I'm having a whirlwind day looking at decorations, cars, and cakes. Should be exhausting but am hoping I can cross a few things off my to-do list.

I've only gotten one quote so far on invitations and am thinking I should get another, but I kinda can't be bothered.

missabhv312

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi girls- I'm a Dec 3 bride too :)

In Sydney- fh and I got engaged April 2010 and most things have been booked since June 2010!

I'm a teacher and am incredibly busy during term time so holidays are wedding blitz weeks- then it gets relegated to the back of my mind!! At the moment I'm up to my eyeballs in metallic card... invitations... Agh!!

I'm also a bridesmaid for a friend on 3rd sept- so we have wedding parties where the four of us create production lines of craft- last night it was their bonboniere boxes and my invites...

I want to do a show and tell- maybe tomorrow I'll get it sorted... Would love some feedback on my choices...

Anywho- that's me!!

cupcakescream

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:12 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a 17 Dec bride liike Belinda and have just started preping for the wedding.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's preps! :)

~ Christine ~

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Finally getting my invites printed! Eep!

Jessie_Lou
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm

trixee wrote:
Finally getting my invites printed! Eep!

:D Yay! Mine are sitting here in my lounge room, all sealed and addressed. Just waiting to send them out now. Too exciting!!!!

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Jessie_Lou wrote:

:D Yay! Mine are sitting here in my lounge room, all sealed and addressed. Just waiting to send them out now. Too exciting!!!!

Yay! I can't believe how many iterations I had to go through! I'll be getting them next week, with pre-addressed envelopes so all I'll have to do is stuff and deliver them. Can't wait!

ajo

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:26 am

Hi everyone! Thanks for the lovely comments on the dress....sorry I haven't been back on in ages.
How is everyone's planning going?

Mine's going ok - however I am finding it hard to work out what needs to be done.....so for my own therapeutic/sorting out purposes....here are my lists...

So far I have:
*The dress - getting altered - have also ordered a tule bolero and a light blue sash with flowers and pearls for it from Etsy (still waiting for those) - dress maker friend altering the dress to make it shorter....
*The reception venue - Longworth House in Newcastle
*The ceremony venue - King Edward park in Newcastle
*The celebrant
*The groom has his suit!!!
*The bridesmaids have their dresses
*I have the bridesmaid gifts (pearl earrings and necklace - I bought on Etsy - they can wear at the wedding)
*I have bought decorations for our wishing well table - Hawaiian themed stuff....and the wishing well is an old suitcase FMIL gave me....perfect as we are asking for money for a Honeymoon fund!
*Cool moustaches, glasses, lips etc for DIY photobooth
*Wedding website/invites have gone out.....we did a PDF wedding invite that was emailed with a link to our wedding website
*Ipod music for wedding reception chosen
*Honeymoon booked and paid for

Still to do/get:
*Lollies for lolly buffet (want to wait til closer so they don't go stale) and jars and scoops and bags
*Choose ceremony music/wording
*make paper flowers for the venue decorations - friend helping with this!
*get hair/makeup sorted!!!!! need to do this soon but not willing to pay a lot!!!
*organise 2 cakes (one medium one small) from local baker.....no fancy decorations though - will buy cake ribbon on ebay and will borrow cake stands
*work out table seating arrangements and placecards
(not bothering with transportation as the ceremony and reception are walking distance and we are trying to save money)

I think that might be it....hmmm
feel free to question my list.....it might prompt me to think of things I have forgotten or haven't even thought of/considered!!!

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow, you're organised! I still have so much to do... but I'm picking my invites up today! yay!

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Hey I sent my invites out last week and starting to get R.S.V.P's back already,

I still dont have my wedding dress made or my bridesmaids dress,
Still dont have music either, and now the honeymoon has been cancelled (posted about it in the vent cry and scream chamber) ...Actually I have ALOT left to do.

Gah Anyone else having mild panic attacks about the preparation? or is it just me?

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Me too! I'm just about to send the invites out, my dress is slowly coming together, and I still need to book a florist, ceremony music, honeymoon, rings... etc etc
I've done heaps but not apprently enough! Doesn't help that work's really busy at the moment too. But I'll just pluck away at it and I'm sure it will all be fine...

ajo

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks everyone :) I guess I am more organised than I realised.
Writing the list helped me to see what needs to be done....but I sit around most weekends thinking like I should be doing stuff for the wedding but just can't figure out what I should be doing!

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:01 pm

ajo wrote:
Thanks everyone :) I guess I am more organised than I realised.
Writing the list helped me to see what needs to be done....but I sit around most weekends thinking like I should be doing stuff for the wedding but just can't figure out what I should be doing!

Oh wow that last sentence made me soooo Jealous :e_wall:

majic101
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey guys, how's this to make you all feel better - our invites have not been printed yet...!!!

If we're lucky, we'll get them this week... ! Fortunately, we have a website and we've sent that out to the people that matter, just to make sure everyone knows about the wedding!

How's everyone going now? I still haven't got the florist sorted or the makeup and hair... and THAT is really stressing me out...

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Well, I thought I had the cake and florist sorted, but mum's not happy with my choices so that's a bit stressful. Sorted for invites, waiting on 2 rsvps. The only big item left is the honeymoon, but FH is taking care of that. Other than that it's just little bits and pieces, but that seems to be taking up an awful lot of time as I'm looking at nitty-gritty details now rather than just big picture stuff.

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Hey where has everyone gone! 15 days until my wedding, hopefully it is all coming together, eek!

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Woohoo! 23 days until mine!
I'm all planned out and can't wait! Got the important things out of the way, finally got the cake sorted - now that was a drama! Being on a Sunday it was so difficult to find someone to do a fresh croquembouche. Really annoyed at the amount of people who would lie to my face though!
I still need to learn to walk properly in my shoes too!

trixee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm

5 DAYS TO GO UNTIL WEDDING MONTH GIRLS!!!

How about a quick round up?

Sadly, I don't have a show and tell, but here are my vitals:

Date: Sunday 11th December
Ceremony: UWA Sunken Gardens
Reception: Matilda Bay Restaurant
Celebrant: John Dobson
Planner: Jody Q
Cars: Princess Cars
Stationery: Wren Press
Jewellery: Rosendorff (e-ring) / City Gems (wedding bands) / Thomas Meihofer (cufflinks) / Mum (earrings & necklace) / Aunt (bracelet)
Photographer: Amac and Wise
Dress: Galleria Couture
Hair: Camille of Le Coiffeur
Makeup: Nicole Antulov
Groom suit: Tony Barlow
Bride shoes: Stuart Weitzman Avalon
Groom Shoes: De Burgh - Lloyds
Ceremony Music: Heavenstrings
Reception Music/Video: VJ Zoo
Flowers: Jessie Anne House of Flowers
Cake: JP Sancho
Wedding night hotel: Pan Pacific Perth
Honeymoon: Vietnam
Hens: Burlesque party followed by karaoke

ajo

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:51 am

I can't believe December starts this week...
I can't believe it was a week yesterday til the wedding. This time next week I will be up packing for HAWAII :)

I had/have been looking at the weather on the 10 day forecast....with all this rain I was starting to freak a little about our park ceremony!!! When I first looked it said 'rain'....when I checked again it said 'rain'...... I thought if anyone quotes Alanis Morissette to me I will scream :-p hahaha

But....then yesterday when I checked it said 'sun'.....and 21c....thats nice!

Things still to do: Burn ceremony music to a CD
Make place cards for the table (only one table at the reception)
Make a few more paper flowers
Make some signs for the lolly bar and guest book
Book in to get nails and eyebrows done
Pack for Hawaii
Apply for the USA visa waver
And I think that is it :)

Good luck to all the other December brides.... Im sure you will have a wonderful day and that it will all work out on the night (at least thats what people keep saying to me!)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43