A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 3

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Congrats on the news Bek! Gorgeous names!!

The FB group sounds great, will PM you.

Welcome Manda, where are you getting married?

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Welcome to the group Manda!

Love the group idea Bek, I was thinking about that myself! Will PM you :)

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm

gosh girls no net for a few days and you all take off lol!!

Welcome to manda!! congrats cant wait to hear your details

BEK!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! thats great news :D

Robby - i love love love that dress its super cute!!

i cant believe its still **** weather here on the Gold coast so still no e piccies for me =[ pooppooop

I cant remeber who posted their flower girl dresses.. but they are so cute.. love the idea of fairy wings as well :D

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!!

sara

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello!!

Been a while since I've been in. Had a lot to catch up on. Been busy with uni stuff, have an assignment due Monday next week and 2 in 3 weeks. So am busy with them plus the normal course work.

Wedding plans are going slowly. Haven't been back to the venues yet. I emailed one of them the other day about making another time, so just waiting to hear back. Am fairly certain we are going with this place http://www.countryclubs.com.au/royal-coach Their package is great value, just need to make sure we like it.

My BM's have been amazing the last 2 weeks. Forwarding links to dresses they like, talking to people they know about things - one of them has an Aunty that has recently finished a floristy course. She has a friend who runs her own business making invites and she has said we can purchase our stationary through her at cost price! Can also get other things through her too - guest book, bonbon's etc. Her partner (also a groomsman) has a friend that DJ's (so if we don't go with the package that includes the DJ we'll go with him) and he also knows people whom have nice cars that we might be able to use :heart:

We have decided to add their son in to the bridal party as another page boy. Not sure how DF's sister is going to react as her son (our nephew) isn't included, but meh, she'll just have to get over it. We might be able to find something else for him to do. Their son is adorable and our kids get on well with him. I can't imagine our day without him.

We've been looking at dresses and everything else. I have 2 faves at the moment. One is done by the big D, the other is by a business on facebook. Will have to go try some on first though.

Congrats Bek!! Awesome news!! 2 healthy baby girls! I adore their names too. I :heart: Grace, but FH doesn't :(
Those FG dresses are adorable.

Robby, love those shoes! And the dress.

I have to go and try unblock my toilet. My 2.5yo son is toilet training and has gotten to the point where he doesn't like me in the toilet with him. Well, he put too much toilet paper in the toilet and now it's blocked. *sigh*

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:11 am

I think i have sent the facebook group info to most people but for those i havn't please pm me and i will send it to you :)

Sara, Your venue looks great :) Wow, you have some great contacts there :) I say if you want your friends son and not your nephew then go with what makes you feel happiest. I have already been yelled at for having my Best friends daughter who i call my neice as i am extrmeely close to her and she is a big part of my life, instead of relatives kids!! I just told them it was my wedding and i chose who i wanted and who i didnt and i chose R becuase she is a bigger part of my life than alot of relo's.

Our babies middle names are actually tributes to loved ones. Amaya's middle name Grayce is actually the middle name of our daughter that we sadly lost and Emme's middle name Amelia is my beloved nan's middle name and she sadly passed suddenly in March. We are very happy with our names and can't wait until the bubba's arrive :)

Sooo buggered today!! But of course i can't sleep again,lol.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks Sara :) Welcome back to WC. Your venue looks great and you are very lucky to have such helpful bridesmaids and friends. Don't worry about What other people think about who you choose as your bridal party. It's your day Hun and you want the people who mean the most to you to be apart of it.

I look forward to seeing all your plans come together, any dress pics?

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Had my toile dress fitting yesterday! I'm starting to get so excited about it now!!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :D It was our engagement anniversary today - can't believe its been a year since he popped the question! We got FHs ring today too :) Will post a pic when we pick it up on Friday :mrgreen:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:22 pm

bronmelbourne wrote:
Had my toile dress fitting yesterday! I'm starting to get so excited about it now!!

hehe....i read that as "toilet dress", I had visions of one of those toilet roll dolly covers :P

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

amberino21 wrote:
bronmelbourne wrote:

hehe....i read that as "toilet dress", I had visions of one of those toilet roll dolly covers :P

That's funny!! I'm sure you're not the only one who's read it that way!!

Daughter

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Quick question ladies: how do I change my Show and Tell title so people know when I'm updating it?!

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Daughter wrote:
Quick question ladies: how do I change my Show and Tell title so people know when I'm updating it?!

Hey Daughter :)

You just go to page one of your show and tell and click on edit, then you go up the top to the subject box and change it to whatever you like then click submit =)

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 am

Neptune wrote:
Hi ladies, hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :D It was our engagement anniversary today - can't believe its been a year since he popped the question! We got FHs ring today too :) Will post a pic when we pick it up on Friday :mrgreen:

It was one year since we got engaged yesterday its gone so quick!! Means the next 10 months are going to fly!! Yay!

Bek i am keen to join the fb group i will pm you.

Had my make up trial saturday im really happy with it! will have to update s&t one day! Everyone seems to have been busy planning :heart: it all !!

jasmine&paul

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:01 am

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 pm

I keep wanting to start up another show and tell but there never seems to be enough time in the day :(

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Ohhhh Jasmine I can't wait to see pics!! Mine is in 3 weeks and I am so excited!! (although I am not 100% what I want done with my hair...) I know what you mean by time going by so fast! This year has just flown.

Looking forward to seeing your new show and tell sapphire sunset :)

jasmine&paul

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Robby this might be a dumb question but your name has changed to green what does that mean? :oops:

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 pm

hehehe not a dumb question at all hun, I am a style mod now :D

So helping to maintain the theme of the week section etc

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Ladies I in need of your help. I live in Melbourne and i'm under 4 months to go for my wedding I want to know if any of you know a great person to take in my wedding dress. When i brought my Dress it fitted great now that i have lost a bit of weight it is now to big. so i just want to take my dress to a great place to make sure they can take it in or i will have to find another one..

PLEASE HELP

THANKS ALL
GZIP: On | Load: 0.48