A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 3

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Manda - Sorry to hear things aren't good with the family - unfortunately weddings seem to bring out the worst in people so it could get worse before it gets better :( Good luck in your decision :e_hug:

Amberino - So exciting about the dress! I can't wait to see what you come up with because knowing your taste it will be magnificent!! :D And yes the wedding is coming up fast! I have watched everyone's time come up but I never really thought ours would be nearly here. It feels so much more real now! Surprisingly the closer it gets, I'm actually feeling less stressed :)
I hear you on the Christmas present front - I wish we could of done it this year but this is FH first proper Christmas in Aus and we wanted to make it special - we are doing Christmas just keeping the spending under control this year.

As for me - We went to do the registry and we couldn't do it, the only lady in the whole store who does it wasn't there that day :roll: So we have to call up Sunday morning and see if she has any opening for Sunday, if not reschedule for sometime during the week. While we were there though we looked at everything and wrote down what we liked so when we go back it will just be a matter of actually doing it. (We have also chosen some cookbooks too Amber).

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks Neptune, I think now the only time it will get worse is when we tell them all we are already married. We have decided that a bit of a secret destination wedding is for us with parents and 2 friends each.

Now its just a matter of when and where. We are heading up to the hunter Valley next weekend for a look around, we think that might be the go for us. Its 3.5 hours away so its far enough away that there wont be sticky beakers that might know us (small town we live in) and close enough to drive there.

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

I've been a bit quite lately, I think the money situations been getting to me too! We had 37 people to buy for this year so I have spent a LOTTT of time trying to find nice presents within a reasonable budget! We put money aside each fortnight so luckily we had some set aside, but not enough for 37 people lol.

I did buy flowers for my bridesmaids though, that's the only wedding related thing we've done! I haven't decided yet if I'll have fake flowers as well so for now I've just bought enough to do up the bridesmaids bouquets. I wasn't too sure about fake flowers personally but I walked into a gift store the other day and they had gorgeous fake peonies. I got enough to do all 4 bridesmaid bouquets and give one flower to each of my flowergirls and it was only $104, bargain!

Fingers crossed you get contracts for the fulltime position this week Jodie!

Hope all is going well with the pregnancy Bek!

I can't believe how close some of your weddings are getting, 2011 is almost here already!

Good luck with the decision Manda, I'm sure you're day will be beautiful no matter what you choose.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Manda- sorry to hear things aren't going well with your family. I think a destination wedding sounds great with just your parents and friends :) The hunter valley is so beautiful (I am bias tho lol).

Neptune- that sucks about the registry. We put some cookbooks on our registry too :)

Daughter- that's a great price for your BM flowers!! I :heart: peonies!! Wow, 37 presents!! That's a big family. We only had to buy for 20 people and we found that hard enough.

I received an SMS of my cousin this morning asking if he can bring his new girlfriend to the wedding. I am really close with this cousin but he only separated from his wife a month ago!!!!! I don't know what to do, I was close to both my cousin and his wife and was so shocked when he left her.... I want him to be happy but I don't want a stranger at my wedding. Plus I feel like it's being nasty to his wife, IYKWIM. I just dunno what to do.

I only have 2 months and 1 week!!!!! Eeeeep!!

I can't wait to be a MRS :)

I hope you are all having a great weekend! xx

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:35 pm

What a tough situation Robyn :? Is his wife coming to the wedding? Could you say you have no more room? Or tell him the truth that you only want close family and friends there? Sorry I'm not much help.

If it were me I wouldn't be comfortable having her there and would tell him so - but we have been very upfront about our guest list and the limitations we have due to room capacity and budget.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks Neptune. His wife won't be coming now she calle me this morning, awkward!! Worst conversation ever....

I have a feeling my cousin may have been seeing this other lady for awhile...

I called my Dad and asked what he thought and it doesn't bother him. It's more of some of my other aunts and uncles (who I haven't invited as they are just trouble makers).

FH is ok with him bringing her as we had already budgeted for his wife to come. I just dunno. I will call him tonight and talk to him. I wanna be supportive but I just don't know this lady.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Mrs JJ i would just be saying that 2 months out from the wedding is too late to be changing plans. That you already called the caterer when he and his wife split and have adjusted numbers and can not do it again. Blame the reception place if you need to.
Or just be completely honest and say your uncomfortable with having someone you dont know at your wedding.

OK so FH and i finally got our act together and sorted out what we want and we are going with the original plan as per the S&T but we may change the car to something smaller (read less expensive!).
I have now booked the ceremony and reception (dinner) and i am feeling so much better that the wheels are in motion!!

I went to 2 more bridal shops today and didnt see a thing i wanted to try on. Everything pales in comparison to the Maggie dress i love! So i am going to make an appointment at the big bridal store in Sydney that stock maggie gowns and try it or something similar on. The place i would probably go dont have it as i already asked but they a dress that is its "sister dress" as they put it so i will be able to get a good idea of how it will look. Then i will order through the online supplier that is about $1400 cheaper!! It will take 5 months they said so leaving plenty of time to get it here. Plus while i am there i may find something else that i like better (Pfft hardly lol)

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Sorry i have not been in a gain ladies. I have been having a few problems and havn't been coping very well. Den has had work issues which stressed us out, my uncle passed away and a freinds mum passed away the day of his funeral, i have been really emotional and anxious with my pregnancy and been in pain and last week Dens sister who suffered brain damage due to a severe case of encephalitis and has been in care since suffered a major stroke last week and has been in life support since :( Just not really coping with all the negative things happening lately but am doing a lot better now. Really concerned about my Sil and worried about her but trying to stay positive.

My pregnancy has been going well. I have been having lots of tests due to the health issues my last angel baby had but so far all is coming back good. both bubs kick constantly and have even woken me up moving,lol. My back and hips have been playing up but i have been having mnassages with a physio which has been helping. I am also on crutches again due to my leg and i have actually found they have helped my hips and back as well :)

Our bubba's naming and blessing day the day before our wedding is conmpletely organised and so is most of our wedding :) We have booked our honeymoon and now are working on centrepieces, we did do some up but Den saw a pic of others that he would like to make and see what they are like.

My BM shoes arrived the other day!! Sooo in love with them, bit jealous as i am not allowed to wear heels again after injuring my leg but they suit my BM dresses perfectly!!

Also trying to work out what lollies to have for the lolly buffet at our reception. Does anyone have any ideas??

Ambe, i cannot wait to see what you ocme up with!! You will look gorgeous in anything!

Manda, we also have family issues and i am thinking of not inviting my brother or his wife as they dont speak to us and i am over comments they give and their nasty side but my mum has been really angry that i dont want them there so still deciding. Also to of my Aunties are not speaking and they are not talking to each others kids either which is hard as if one auntie is at any family thing and any of her kids are there as well the other and her kids wont go!! Soo bloody immmature.

Robby, OMG!! I cannot believe how short a time you have left!! I am getting excited for you :) I am not sure what i would do in your situation either. Its a tricky one.

Belinda, that a great price for your bm flowers!! do you have pics? We are going with fake flowers just because i want to keep them and i want my bm and fg to be able to keep theirs as well. I got a quote off a lady on the internet and it was a better price than what a lady gave me on ebay!

Oh and yesterday i had the pleasure of being involved in a romanitc time with one of my BM and her partner. He proposed to her and asked me to do the photos as he proposed. It was soo romantic and i am so incredibly happy and excited for them. They will be getting married in 2012!

I better run, twins are moving and putting pressure on ym pelvis and its a bit uncomfortable so i am going to walk the house to get them to move, lol.

Chat to you all tomorrow xoxoxoxo

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 am

Oh Bek, Sorry to hear about whats been happening for you. I really hope that things improve in 2011 for you and your family. xx

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I AM SOOO FREAKING EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!

I can't say what it is just yet but i have been trying to organise a surprise for Den for our wedding for the last 8 weeks and i just read my emails and the surprise is coming true!!

I cannot wait to the day and see his face :D

Just had to get my excitement out :)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:04 am

Oh sounds wonderful!!! Cant wait to find out what you have planned!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 am

Glad you have been able to plan sonething special for Den :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:04 am

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
Glad you have been able to plan sonething special for Den :)

me too - but I want to know what it is!!! :P sounds exciting..

4 months today!! Yipeeee. And potential FG dress shopping this morning. I asked the eldest one (nearly 4) if she'd like to go shopping to try on pretty dresses - she said, "yes, that would be nice. I'm going to wear a white dress with pink, with White and pink shoes and have White and pink flowers". Good thing the dress I've seen is White and pink!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Awwww how cute Amber. How did shopping go?

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Aww that is so cute Amber. I can't wait to take my eldest shopping for a FG dress. Lucky she is with you on the colours. I'm trying to convince my girls that they have to wear white and not their fave colours.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Sweeti3 I had to convince my little sisters they needed to wear white. I told them they were special little brides on the day!! :lol:

So excited my wedding dress will be ready to take home in January!!!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey thats a good line. I'll have to try it.

Wow exciting about the dress. Are you keepign it at your place? I think I would want to get it out everyday and try it on, hehe.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Yeah it'll only be here for about 2 weeks. I told FH he's not allowed to peek!

I need to think of a little gift to buy for FH to give him the day of the wedding, he is so hard to buy for. He doesn't wear jewellery either :(

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 am

Dress shopping with the FG's was fun- they really are two of my favourite little people :) the youngest one started to call me by my name, she hadn't done that before! I put a picture in my s&t

robby, you must be getting so excited!! 9 weeks! And your dress in 2!
I'm also stuck for a gift for FH...unless I can afford a custom made surfboard from someone he keeps talking about! It would be tricky to plan without him having any idea...

I was going to get the kikki k "love" book - is your FH someone who would appreciate something like that?

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 am

Hmm.. yea guys are so hard to buy for. I'm hopefully getting FH a new motorbike for his wedding gift.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19