A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 3

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:32 am

Awww your flowergirls sound so sweet!!

Yeah I am getting so excited, we picked up our BM dresses yesterday after their alterations which was good! I am getting a little bit over this whole waiting thing tho, lol. I know it's not far now but we have been engaged for 2 years, feels like forever! Lol.

Thanks for the Kiki k suggestion amber, I love that book but just don't think FH would like that... He's not really that sentimental... I may still do it tho cos I love it!! He's just so hard to buy for and he never wants anything. Men!! Maybe I will book us into a really nice restaurant or something, he loves his food!! :lol:

I had a wedding nightmare last night!!! It was a few days before the wedding and I was trying to contact suppliers and I had lost my book with all their details in it and couldn't find them on the Internet!! I woke up this morning and had to go check my folder! Lol.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:45 am

I know what you mean about being sick of waiting! Just think how quickly the next couple of months will go though :)

(and very soon we can say "we're getting married this year"!!!)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 am

I know it'll go fast :) 62 days and counting! Lol.

Yours will be here so soon too Amber!!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Your FG's are so cute Amber. Love the dresses as well. That's what I'm after for my girls, only all white.

I can't wait to say I'm getting married this year as well. I'm sure the end is just going to fly by for you two, especially with Christmas and New Years.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:08 pm

By the time I can say our wedding is this year - it will be just 5 weeks till the wedding!

I can't believe how fast the time has gone - getting very excited now - feels like it's actually happening :)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey !! Awesome day today! Went to ikea and they have so many awesome glass vases and candles and holders!!! Got lots of ideas for centerpieces and also bought some starfish for them too from seaweed and sand. Also got my love sign I wanted for our table!!! Will post pics tonight or when I get back from hols on Thursday. We are all off to seaworld with all the kids this week!!!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Well done Manda!! I :heart: Ikea!!

Have fun at seaworld.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:49 pm

I love ikea too - we got our candle holders from there, on sale, and I realised I wasn't charged enough when I got home, so they were an even bigger bargain!!

Have fun at seaworld - enjoy the school holidays :)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi girls!!! Wow!! Is all I can say!! 3 hours trying on dresses today and I am down to two!! One Maggie and one Ella dress! Not sure how I will decide now! Might have to take someone along with me to help. One is more plain and one is so different to what I thought I would have but I love it.
Actually now that I write that I know that's where my heart lies but not sure if it's too out of my thinking for me to pull off. Don't get me wrong it's not a crazy gown, probably quite tame to most but for me it's different.
Maybe after Christmas I will take my mum back with me and decide. I will post pics when I get home on Thursday and youcan tell me what you all think.

Hope your all had a great weekend xx

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Ooohhh how exciting Manda!!! Can't wait to see pics. xx

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Lovelies :)

Robby and Nep, OMG there is relaly not long for either of you now, soo excited for you both!! The time for both of you is going to fly!!

Manda, have a great time away and enjoy seaworld, i LOVE seaworld!! Could you take a pic of the polar bears and post here?? I have been twice and both times they have been asleep :( Whatever dress you choose you will be stunning in :)

Amber, OMG your FG are just the cutest!! LOVE the dresses :)

Well Den's surprise is officially going ahead at our wedding, i recieved all the paperwork in the mail today!! We have also decided on our centrepieces, love them but just means i will be busy with Den making them leading up to the wedding, will be fun though.

I went to the bon jovi concert last night and had a fantastic time!! Also never got sick at all last night which is unusal as im normally more sick of a night, i guess my Bubba's must take after mummy and love Bon Jovi :)

I was wondering what other people think of having baskets of disposable camera's at ceremony/reception or both?? We would like to have them but a few people have given negative comments which have turned us off a little. What do you ladies think?
Are you/Would you have them?

I better run, feeling really nauseous all of a sudden.

Love to you all xoxoxoxo

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 am

This is my list of things to-do/done already. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I've already done :D Feel free to point out things you think I may have missed.

Ceremony: booked
Reception: booked and have organised a menu tasting for January
Save the Dates: done and sent out a few months ago
Centrepieces: done
String trio for ceremony: booked and think I've chosen what I want played
My dress & veil: done and sitting at my parents' house
My shoes: done
BM dresses: ordered and should be in soon (need to call them)
BM shoes: done
My jewellery: done
Hair & make-up: booked and have had my trials
Flowers: booked
Cake: booked
Bonbonniere/place cards: booked
Photographer: booked and will be doing our engagement shoot soon
DJ: booked and have started picking songs etc
Celebrant: booked. Have sorted vows but need to run them past FH again to make sure. Also got all the legal paperwork today so will start filling it out
Transport: booked
Grooms suit: done and sitting in our wardrobe
Groomsmen suits: done
Ring bearers suits: done but need fitting closer to April
Groomsmen's gifts: done
Wedding rings: done and sitting somewhere safe
Cake server set: done
Champagne flutes: done
Honeymoon: booked
Invitations: ordered
Guest accommodation: done
BM gifts: am still looking
Accommodation on wedding night: booked
Fireworks: booked

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Wow nixella!! Well done. You are more organised than me! Lol

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Manda- Good luck with pickings a dress. I'm going again in January and this time I am realy looking. I'm a bit worried because last time I went I wasn't even going to buy anything and got a bit overwhelmed and now I have to actually pick one and buy one, so I'm freaking out. Have fun at seaworld though.

Mrs 2 Be- So jelous you went to Bon Jovi. My cousin went and said it was awesome. As far as disposable cameras on table go. I think they would be heaps of fun, I would love to take some pics. I would jsut be worried about how they look on the table and also the quality of the picture you would get from them.

Nixella- Wow you look so organised. I can't see anything you missed. I will be away till Feb so when I get back it will only be 5.5 months till the wedding and i will still only have venue, phtotographer and celebrant. Hpoepfully a dress as well.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Mrs to be, got sons awesome pics of thx polar bears today!!! Will post when we get home!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I paid off our accomodation for the wedding today!!!!! Yay!!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Yay Mrs JJ 2 Be

Man I suck. It has taken me about 3 weeks now and my STDs still aren't sent. I might try and blame it on FH though as it is all his family that I don't have addresses for. Plus now we are hainvg guest list issues as FH has some friends from high school that he decided not to invite and now wants to invite. I might just not send them STDs and we can decide if they get an invite later.

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
I paid off our accomodation for the wedding today!!!!! Yay!!

How exciting!! :P

sweeti3 wrote:
Yay Mrs JJ 2 Be

Man I suck. It has taken me about 3 weeks now and my STDs still aren't sent. I might try and blame it on FH though as it is all his family that I don't have addresses for. Plus now we are hainvg guest list issues as FH has some friends from high school that he decided not to invite and now wants to invite. I might just not send them STDs and we can decide if they get an invite later.

How frustrating. You don't suck though :e_hug:
In regards to your guest list issue, definately hold off sending them STD's and if you decide later you'd like them to come then you can always add them to the invitation list :) We had people we weren't sure on so didn't send STD's but they've been added to our invitation list after careful thought.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Sweeti, we were the same as nixella - a few people we weren't 100% sure about so held
off on the STD. We decided to invite them in the end, and they recently got their invitations and are very excited about coming :) we also had one couple (FH works with the husband) who we sent an STD to who we are no longer inviting....FH can't stand him and doesn't really care if he gets his knickers in a knot!

Nixella - you look really organised! Are you planning on having OOS?

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm

amberino21 wrote:
Nixella - you look really organised! Are you planning on having OOS?

GZIP: On | Load: 0.15