A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 3

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:40 am

FH and I finally agreed that we should get a photobooth and all the people I have sent enquiries to are booked out :(

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:39 am

Amber, you've sent invites? Maybe I should get my butt into gear! I was planning on sending mine about mid January, but I've got to make the bloody things yet! I have started the pocket folds, but I need to go into work and print all the inserts etc. Maybe I'll do that over the break.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 am

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
FH and I finally agreed that we should get a photobooth and all the people I have sent enquiries to are booked out :(

could you set up your own? I know it's not the same, but having a backdrop and props seems to be a fun alternative option?

mini_k27 wrote:
Amber, you've sent invites? Maybe I should get my butt into gear! I was planning on sending mine about mid January, but I've got to make the bloody things yet! I have started the pocket folds, but I need to go into work and print all the inserts etc. Maybe I'll do that over the break.

I have sent them, mini - only because every single person needs accommodation and I thought it might be too late to wait til after Christmas/new year...

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am

That's a good idea Amber :)

I've emailed a few other places so I will see if they are available.

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I've finally got around to creating a S&T. It's "My HVG wedding S&T" if you're interested :D

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Mrs JJ - aww... that sucks. Good luck with the last few companies. Our photographer does an "expression session", like what Amber suggested. He sets up a background and props with a camera hooked up to lap top. He also takes some pics if he is around during the reception and not busy. Does your photographer offer anything like that?

Nixella- Yay for your S&T. I'll pop over now and check it out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I will defs just wait till we do invites and decide then. They are only guys anyway so I'm sure they don't care about STDs, lol. I asked my first bridesmaid today. My bestie from uni. She was so excited. :D

perth

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Oh, I almost forgot 2010 is about to end. and 2011 is coming who will be then the brides of 2011, what are their motif and colours choice. I like to hear it from here.

Thanks for starting this topic guys.

Rochelle81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone. Joining just before it closes! I've been engaged for just over a month and planning to get married 3/9/11- YIKES! So much to get started on. Think we've decided on a venue (Pumphouse in Fitzroy) and got the church and that's it. OMG so much to do and FH lives in Singapore!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:19 pm

You will be fine Rochelle. I have less than 7 months to go and only have venue, celebrant and photographer. Plus we are going away for a month so will have less than 6 months to do the rest. Aww you poor thing about FH living in Singapore. I hope you have some good family and friends around to help out. Make use of this forum as well, I have learnt so much.

Good luck. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 am

Welcome to WC Rochelle :) you will be fine planning a wedding for September.

FH and I received our first wedding present yesterday!!!!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:44 am

Mrs 2 Be wrote:
Hi Lovelies :)

Manda, have a great time away and enjoy seaworld, i LOVE seaworld!! Could you take a pic of the polar bears and post here?? I have been twice and both times they have been asleep :( Whatever dress you choose you will be stunning in :)

Hey mrs to be!! Here are some pic of the Polar bears!! from Facebook
There are some E party pics there mixed in with some kids stuff to!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Aww so cute Manda

I finally sent all my STDs today :)

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else has dawned on this...

This will be THE LAST XMAS that we ladies shall celebrate with our surnames!

...that is, for those of us taking our FH's.

WOOT! MY LAST CHRISTMAS AS A JONES! lol

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Merry Christmas for the last time as Ms Croft!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Yay for sending out the STD's sweeti3!

I'm so excited it's my last year as Miss R.B!!!

Hope you all have a great Xmas ladies :heart:

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Awww Manda, LOVE your pics!! You have a beuatiful family :heart: Love the pics of the polar bear, too cute!!

Sweeti3, Congrats on sending your STD's out :)

Can't believe its my last xmas as B.M!! But can't wait to be Mrs Wu :heart:

Wishing all you beautiful ladies a very Merry Christmas, i hope each and every one of you have a fantastics day and get completely spoilt :)

The twinlets send you all big Merry Christmas kicks :heart: They have been kicking up a storm all night, must know santa's coming, lol!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow I never even thought of that, last Christmas with my maiden name. I was thinking the other day after I got a letter from my daughters school labelled to Mr A. B. and Ms A.M. how awesome it will be to be simple like Mr and Mrs B. Can't believe it is going to be so soon.

Two of my friends from uni have gotten engaged in the last week. One in front of the Taj Mahal (?sp.) and the other in Hong Kong. This year is going to be crazy with final exams and three weddings being planned. I'm soo excited for them.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:37 pm

I can't wait to change my name :)

8 weeks to go!!! I am still waiting on one last RSVP.... My godmother is going through a divorce so just seeing what she wants to do.

Christmas and weddings can cause so much drama... I am so over hearing my aunts whinge :roll:

Still no luck with the photo booth availability.

egl81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Had my first weird dream about the wedding last night......

I hadn't arranged any transport for myself to the ceremony so I agreed for someone from the venue to push me in an office chair!!! Lol. It was decorated with a few streamers and I posed on it for photos with a large bordered mirror on my lap. I waved at passers' by on the bumpy ride to the ceremony.

It seemed normal until I woke up. Hehehehe :D

Glad everyones plans seem to be going well - aside from the photobooth situation. Other than browse etsy for accessories that I don't really need I haven't done anything for ages.

It's only a few days until we will be getting married THIS YEAR!!!

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Mrs JJ - it's a pity your not down my way. My photographer has been advertising her new photobooth all over facebook and emails to everyone. But I think Geelong to Sydney is a bit far to lend...!

egl81 - Love the dream!

My plans are still in limbo. Our venue is up for sale and I've emailed them asking wtf and what's going to happen for us. If we can't have it there, we're going to get married in May at the registry in Sydney (for FH's family) and then have a handfasting back here in Geelong on our originally planned wedding day. Sheep, better get onto my dressmaker. I asked her to hold off on the dress til April as I was hoping to have lost weight. I stuffed my knee up at work recently so no working knee, no gym sessions, no weight loss! Ahh well.

I've also found a new potential for MOH dress. My MOH mentioned she's "eating healthy" now (as opposed to not as all) so she's put on healthy weight and the dress I've already bought is a bit snug. I'm just happy she's healthy again, and am looking into another dress for her. If she goes through the phase again, then she does. But I refuse to put pressure on her to fit into it. So! We're going with 'options' instead LOL

GZIP: On | Load: 0.19