A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 3

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Venue News - it's all good! Woo hoo!!

Oh my, three glasses of 03 Shiraz and now a glass of Cointreau...it's wonderful! I'm cheers-ing to Harvester Moon! haha

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Love the backup MOH dress nywfre!!

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 pm

nywfe, Love the new back up MOH outifit!! Also happy that your venue issue is sorted :)

Robby, I really hope you can get a photo booth!! Is there anywhere in the sydney area that will take one to HV for you?

AFM, i had a down few days over christmas as it was the first christmas without my nan and also without my daughter but i know they were with me. Went and saw little fockers on sunday night with one of my BM and her fiance and sister was such a funny movie!

Den spent christmas with me and m family but is back in Adelaide with his family and sister who sadly is not going to make it :( :( Wish I could be with the family as well but im not allowed to fly but i speak to them every day and they all understand why i can't be over there as well.

I am going away tomorrow to my besties (MOH) house in Nambucca Heads with one of my other BM, her sister and fiance till monday. I am soo excited!! I have not seen her since she moved there in July although i speak to her 4 times a week. I have missed her like crazy and just cannot wait to see her. She is also pregnant and due in July and my BM and i have organised a surprise baby shower for her for while we are up there as we all wont be able to go back until the month she is due.

We have settle on our centrepieces and have also ordered our disposable cameras for the reception, even made up little tags for them.

Cannot believe that in 11 months i will be getting married!! It has gone soo quick.

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Oh Mrs, I'm so sorry to hear about your FH's sister. Hope somehow i all works out for her and everyone involved. :e_hug: :e_hug:

I bought my wedding shoes yesterday!! I had no intention of getting AP shoes as I just couldn't justify the price for something I'd only wear once but I went to Myer with FH and he convinced me to try them on (even though they were about the only pair in the whole store without any discount!!). I absolutely loved them once I got them on and even though they're higher than most shoes I normally wear, they're so comfortable!! I'm glad they wrapped them in plastic though because I cant resist taking them out of their box all the time to look at them!!

Also had a look at suits while we were there and FH found one that he absolutely loved and I think he looks gorgeous and even spunkier than usual in so we got that too!! Another massive saving!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Ohhh Bek I am sorry about Den's sister, huge hugs chicky.

Bronmelbourne- woohoo for buying wedding shoes! I love alan pinkus shoes!! Pics??

AFM- One of the photobooth companies I emailed is available :bdance: :bdance: :bdance: Now I just need to convince FH that we should book them. It is a little more expensive than some of the other companies... so need to see if it fits into the budget (which is already over :oops: :oops: :oops: )

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Mrs JJ - Don't tell him how much it's going to be. Just say it's worth it, hide the costs, and go from there! If I had told FH about half the things we'll be doing for the wedding, we wouldn't have them! lol

Mrs 2 B - Sorry to hear about his sister.

Well, I think I'm finally finished writing up our ceremony. There's been so many drafts, and then I leave it for a while and come back to it. Still gotta go over it with the celebrant, but I think it should be ok. Just gotta add her bits in it. But I think it's basically done.

...it's also 3 pages long in Times New Roman 12 on MS Word!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 am

Mrs JJ 2 Be- Hope the photobooth works out and you can squeeze it into your budget.

Nwyfre- Wow can't believe you have your ceremony done. That is so awesome to think you have to words that you will be promising your husband forthe rest of your life.

I'm having a bit of a freak out. I feel so unprepared when I see everyone elses tickers and they are still longer away than my wedding but have so much more done than me. Plus I'm stuck back with the family for 4 weeks doing my elective time for uni and I don't know what I can organise from here. All I have is venue, celebrant, photographer and decor company. I don't even have a dress.... Plus when I get back it will be time to start studying for exams, OMG what have I gotten my self into.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:40 am

Nwyfre - so good to hear about your venue, it looked awesome, I'm glad you don't have the stress of finding another one!

Bek - sorry to hear about den's sister. It must be hard for you to not be there- huge hugs

robby - fingers crossed that your FH agreed to the photobooth, they are so fun. FH and I still have our photos from a friends wedding, they are really cute :)

bron- shoes! Exciting - I'd love to have wedding shoes! AP makes some beautiful ones, lucky girl

sweeti- don't stress! A friend planned her whole wedding in two months. Maybe write a list, and set yourself a goal to complete certain things each week?

No wedding news for us...i want to do something!! Suits will probably be next- when the flipping GM can give us a definite shopping time. Typical male. I think he dislikes shopping and suits so the two combined don't factor highly for him!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks Ladies :) I am working on FH, a friend from school had one at their wedding and he has just seen the guestbook they put together for you. The only reason I am hesitating is majority of the companies I emailed were around 700-1000 for 4 hours, unlimited pics and the guestbook. The one that is available is double that... Not too sure if it's too much to pay IYKWIM.

Nwyfre- congrats on finishing your ceremony! Thats so exciting.

Sweeti3- don't stress yourself out Hun. It will all be ok. You have most of the major stuff booked. Like Amberino said make a list of things and give yourself a timeline for when they need to be done.

Amberino- I know exactly how you feel about suits! FH, his BM and GM are ridiculous!! I had to treat them like children to get our suits done. Plus they have to go have another fitting in Januaru which I know will be a nightmare! Lol.

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
Thanks Ladies :) I am working on FH, a friend from school had one at their wedding and he has just seen the guestbook they put together for you. The only reason I am hesitating is majority of the companies I emailed were around 700-1000 for 4 hours, unlimited pics and the guestbook. The one that is available is double that... Not too sure if it's too much to pay IYKWIM.

Yeah...if that's the case, then I'd think of something else. My brother and SIL had disposable cameras on every table at the reception, and then we just handed them back at the end of the night. Maybe something like that?

Sweeti3 - Don't stress! PM me your email and I'll send you the spreadsheet that was going around here a while ago - it'll give you an idea of what you need to do. I think the big thing you need to look at is your dress. Maybe do this in between studying - it'll give you a nice break away from it! The place I'm getting my dress from can do a "super rush" and get your dress made in 6 weeks! There are so many options, just hang in there.

Thank-you ladies re: the ceremony! It's not traditional, so I wanted to make sure it was exactly as we wanted. That, and I'm off work on WorkCover and I'm ridiculously bored!

stefania
Baby Mama ♥
Baby Mama ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Why did I never realise this thread existed :lol:

:heart:

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:03 pm

i have fiund our new venue

seny me cacellation email

now looking for a ceremony spot

should start looking for a celebrant

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm

stefania wrote:

hehe...you should try and forget you ever realised, apparently it gets closed in a couple
of days! Mrs 2 B did start a 2011 brides facebook page for us though :)

stefania
Baby Mama ♥
Baby Mama ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm

amberino21 wrote:
stefania wrote:

hehe...you should try and forget you ever realised, apparently it gets closed in a couple

Ohhh yay *stalk stalk*

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:56 pm

amberino21 wrote:
stefania wrote:

Serious?! I want in!! What's the link?

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 am

nwyfre wrote:
amberino21 wrote:
stefania wrote:

Serious?! I want in!! What's the link?

Me too plesase!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 am

Me 3 ^^. Why does the thread get shut down? That is a bit stupid considering lots of people still have a long time till their weddings and I think I am the only one posting in the July thread :( So I am going to be very lonely :(

Thanks for all the support guys. I know it will get done just when is the problem. Plus feeling a bit stuck because I can't get anything done while I am away. I'm thinking I might go to the local dress shop today with SIL so then I at least feel like I am doing something.

Mrs JJ 2 Be- That does seem like a lot of money. But if you want it then get it. If you can't afford or justify it though I think some disposable cameras could be cool or maybe even a few polaroid cameras would still save you tonnes of money.
Last edited by sweeti3 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm wondering why this thread is being locked too. :? Is it just this thread, or the whole Wedding Month section?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 pm

Apparently the year thread gets locked
and we are supposed to use the individual month threads - boo!

I can't get the facebook page/link on my phone...perhaps one of the other girls can post a link :)

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 am

me too - me too

edited - to say I found the page... after much searching :D

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144523308925632

Hopefully this should work.

It didn't let me send a message when I requested to join to say who I was, but my avatar in facebook land is the same as WC :D :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16