A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Re: January 2012

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 pm

We tried the putting money aside idea. And it worked pretty well. Until the car broke down and needed a new radiator.

Damn car.

All I can say is that I used to despise my old job for stuffing up my tax so badly. But now that ive recieved my tax return, im quite happy that they did.

bride2be2012

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey Girls!

I tried finding "the big scary list" so i can cross check it , does anyone have one as i couldnt find an acutal copy of it in here?

Thanks!!

Annarf

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am

Woo hoo for 21 January :-) !!!!!!! 5 months to go this Sunday and I am spending this weekend visiting 2 of my bridesmaids who live in NSW and meeting one of the girls gorgeous new born little girl :-) We're going shoe shopping too so wish me luck - who would have thought it would be such a challenge to find nice, satin, burnt orange shoes!?! lol!!!
Im paying everything off as late as possible to keep the money in my account as long as possible earning interest :-) But it is in a separate account to try to stop me spending it...
Hope all of your planning is going well this week - I just ordered photobooth strip frames to use as placecards/bombonaire which Im pretty excited about.
Is anyone else slightly stressed about the possibility of 21st Jan being stinking hot? And do you have any good ideas about how to plan for it?

bride2be2012

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:21 am

NoT so concerned now whilst we arent having hot weather, but i know as soon as it warms up im goiing to be like aghhh...

We have fans for the female guests and parasols for the bms..

I am a little concerned tho......

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:19 am

I am super concerned about the weather on our date! I bought small white fans as well but if it's stinking they won't do much! My fiance isn't stressed but i know on the day he'l be so uncomfy in his suit as he doesn't cope well with heat! Trying to think of indoor photo shoot places for after ceremony as well.
Lets hope a cold winter means a cooler summer, although i've heard it means a hot summer :(

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:13 am

bride2be2012 wrote:
Hey Girls!

I tried finding "the big scary list" so i can cross check it , does anyone have one as i couldnt find an acutal copy of it in here?

Thanks!!

Click on my S&T in my signature, I have it on there on page 3.

danatello

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 pm

cabaret wrote:
We tried the putting money aside idea. And it worked pretty well. Until the car broke down and needed a new radiator.

Damn car.

Word that cabaret! At least the insurance paid out on my crashed up baby...but not enough (typical, it wasn't MY FAULT yet somehow I'm stuck with a busted up car and not enough recompense to buy a new one... :( )

bride2be2012

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:08 pm

thanks Cabaret!

Happy 5 months fellow 21.1 girls!! Yippee not long now!!

:D

Annarf

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm

I ordered some fans off eBay too - considering getting a few parasols as well in case... My H2B hasn't been keen about Jan from the start because he is stressing about wearing a suit in the heat but it was the earliest we could make it (we have a wedding a month from now until ours!!). At least our venue has an amazing ceremony option under these mop trees where it is always quite a few degrees cooler than anywhere else.
Have you got your fans/parasols yet? How do they look? Great idea!

bride2be2012

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 pm

I have got the fans, they are very simple just like a dusty pink colour. Im about to buy the parosals tonight.
I was thinking of ivory for my bms and a pale pink one for me.
I have also found some really cute butterfly place cards which im going to get they sit on the wine glass.

We were originally just having a thing in the middle of the table with everyones names and menu and table number but i think i like these better and will make the menus myself.

Im getting sooo exxcited!!

Annarf

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

My sample fans arrived today :-) I got orange and bright pink (my colours) and they look great! I think I will get orange parasols for my B/ms (they are in fuschia pink dresses with burnt orange shoes) and a pink one for me. My dress is white enough - Im a bright colours type of person.
The cards sound lovely! What is your colour scheme?
Im trying to think if theres any other little ways I can make the tables look extra special. My florist is amazing, but its hard not knowing what it will really look like until I arrive and its all been set up for me! Im such a control freak, its hard to know I will have to let go lol.

bride2be2012

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I know i dont want to walk into the room and be like ohhh noo i dont like that or that.... haha scary!

I really wanted fresh flowers for the centre pieces, but its just to expensive and out of our budget so not to worry.

Our colours are Dusty pink & creams, kind of vintage/girlie theme.

Yourcolours sound great!!!

Annarf

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Vintage/girly pinks will be lovely! And they lend themselves to non-floral arrangements really well. I think if I went for something other than fresh flowers my colour scheme could easily go from striking to tacky... plus it was the flowers that took it from Fuschia pink and ?? to the pink and orange with a splash of green - I would never have realised how gorgeous the colours could be!!!

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 pm

Just when I thought my wedding plans were under control, my fiance's sister in law walked down the aisle yesterday in an almost identical dress to mine (same designer too). I'm livid and don't know what to do!!?? I'm so in love with my dress and don't want to give it up, but even if I do I don't have time to get a new one? :(

danatello

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 am

awww Gabs - that's horrible! I read your other post about this too...I still reckon you will look fabulous in YOUR dress - don't worry about your fiance's sister! You did mention there were differences in the dress anyway - can you accessorise differently? Flowers? Jewelery? Veil? Shoes?

Even tho you feel cheated by her copycat style, you should wear your dress - just out-do her! If anyone makes a comment (and I'm pretty sure they won't - unless people who went to her wedding are also coming to yours!) tell them the truth - you bought YOUR dress first. And magnanimously say "I allowed her to choose a similar dress because she idolises my sense of style!" LOL!!!

Really hon - just SHINE in your dress - that's what people will remember! You know it was "the dress", so one-up her by looking BETTER than she did on your wedding day! Don't get mad - get even! :mrgreen:

JellyBeanDreams

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Ladies,
Another Jan 21st 2012 here :-) It sounds like you are all waaay more organised than I am. I paid the deposit on my reception tonight and that's all I've done. Oh I also have my dress it just needs alterations.
Jen.

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

danatello wrote:
awww Gabs - that's horrible! I read your other post about this too...I still reckon you will look fabulous in YOUR dress - don't worry about your fiance's sister! You did mention there were differences in the dress anyway - can you accessorise differently? Flowers? Jewelery? Veil? Shoes?

Even tho you feel cheated by her copycat style, you should wear your dress - just out-do her! If anyone makes a comment (and I'm pretty sure they won't - unless people who went to her wedding are also coming to yours!) tell them the truth - you bought YOUR dress first. And magnanimously say "I allowed her to choose a similar dress because she idolises my sense of style!" LOL!!!

Really hon - just SHINE in your dress - that's what people will remember! You know it was "the dress", so one-up her by looking BETTER than she did on your wedding day! Don't get mad - get even! :mrgreen:

Thanks sweety, u made me smile xx

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 am

yay another 21 jan bride - welcome :)

bride2be2012

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:19 am

Another 21.1 bride! YAY :)

So sorry to hear about the dress Gab. I say stick to yours. But i totally can understand how you would feel, i would be so pissed!

Well ladies its getting soo close!!!

We booked and paid our honeymoon the other day!! :D :D Fiji here we come!!! woo!!
I was just going thru songs then..... there are so many tho :( i feel like my ears are ringing ive listened to so many!!
Ive been trying to copy and past the youtube link so i can easily go back and check it again if need be.

We should be getting our invites mid month and the BM dresses will be arriving then too!

How is everyone else?
:heart:

Rachael-lee

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:39 am

Hey everyone,
I'm gettin married on the 14th of January!!!
Was just wondering when everybody is sending out their invitations for their weddings?
With it being not long after Christmas and school holidays I'm trying to figure out the best time to send them.
Thanks ladies!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23