A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

confusinghuh

Re: January 2012

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Rachael-lee wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm gettin married on the 14th of January!!!
Was just wondering when everybody is sending out their invitations for their weddings?
With it being not long after Christmas and school holidays I'm trying to figure out the best time to send them.
Thanks ladies!!

Hi Rachael-lee,

I'm getting married on the 7 Jan (aren't our weddings getting scarily close!). We're in the middle of making our invites now, our plan is to send them out on or around the 24th October, and we've set our RSVP date for 2 Dec so we know how many people are coming well before xmas/new years craziness. We sent out save the dates in January though so everybody already knows the date, if we hadn't I would be sending them out earlier so people could make travel plans.

Rachael-lee

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks for your reply!

sachick90
I survived and got married

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 am

Rachael-lee wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm gettin married on the 14th of January!!!
Was just wondering when everybody is sending out their invitations for their weddings?
With it being not long after Christmas and school holidays I'm trying to figure out the best time to send them.
Thanks ladies!!

Thats my wedding date too :-)

We have sent out our invites already coz we have a honeymoon registry that closes end of o'connor and the final rsvp date is end of november. Mainly trying to get numbers to venue early and before christmas crazy time.

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 am

We are getting married Jan 21 and we will send out our invites late October with an RSVP Dec 3rd. We did this after wise advice from suppliers that they close early December for a month for Christmas and anything requiring numbers confirmation, eg chair sash hire, needs to be locked in before they close! Otherwise places only start re-opening just before my wedding and i will have 1000 things to do!

misskatie

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 am

Hi ladies,
My wedding is January 7th. So far we have organised-
Ceremony location - The Geelong Club
Reception location - Cafe GO!
photographer - family friend
Priest - FH's cousin
Florist - Sinikka floral
Dress - bridesmaids mum is making it for me
Invitations - just ordered from vistaprint, spent $60 on 80 invites, wishing well cards, RSVP postcards and envelope seals
Decorations - have been slowly buying vintage bottles at op shops and markets to decorate our venue
Honeymoon - booked and paid
Hair and make up - family friends
Car - EJ Holden (bridesmaids partners car)

Still need to -
Book accom for night before and night of wedding
Find shoes
Buy bonbons (match books)
Decide if I should hire a red carpet for aisle
Decide on confetti/no confetti
Purchase make up
And I'm in the process of starting to test out a beauty regime (eyelash extensions, teeth whitening, shellac)

Sounds like everyone is at different stages so I am interested to hear how everyone goes!
Katie

bride2be2012

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi Katie,

Our wedding is the 21.1 and we are sending our invites out mid OCt with an RSVP 15th Dec. We to sent out STD's only to some people tho.
Im just waiting for them to come now (invites)

I just purchased our twins suits the other day. They were sooo excited!! They kept sayiing mummy these are for the wedding .. is it soon? .. They look so hansome!

I ordered sashs for my hens party from SASH PRINCESS. I highly reccomend them they are amazing and gorgeous!! Im so excited i just want to give it to them now to wear :P

I just need to get all the groomsmen ties now and sort my daughters dress out. They will be my next things to do, hopefully in the next week or so.

Love following what your all up to as we are all so close in dates!

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 am

For all you Jan 21 brides like myself...what date are you thinking of having a hens party? Before the Christmas rush or just before wedding? My two options are Dec 10 or Jan 7 :? I can't decide if two weeks before the wedding may be too close to all my last minute plans?

bride2be2012

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Mine is tge 26th Nov and we only just got in due to xmas partys!

sachick90

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 pm

gabseroo wrote:
For all you Jan 21 brides like myself...what date are you thinking of having a hens party? Before the Christmas rush or just before wedding? My two options are Dec 10 or Jan 7 :? I can't decide if two weeks before the wedding may be too close to all my last minute plans?

Mine is the 26th of november as this avoids christmas and partner is having his bucks the weekend before the wedding

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Ours is the 7th and im getting the invites out sometime this week hopefully.

Also, all the Jan 7th brides, exactly 3 months to go.

JellyBeanDreams

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:10 am

Had to change my date from Jan 21st to Jan 14th due to ceremony location being unavailable 8O I need to get crackin with these invites!! Am thinking of using vistaprint, looks like lots of people on here have used them for their invites :)

sachick90

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 am

3 moths today for us January 14th brides :-)

bride2be2012

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Most of us have cracked the double digits!!

I got our first lot of paper work from the celebrant, (the starting to plan the ceremony) and we are also having our final meeting with our recep venue in the next week!

Im soo freakin excited!!!!

Im also a little nervous for the bucks party...... :roll:
2 of our groomsmen are a little rowedy and im worried what they are planning...
Anyone else feeling that way?

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:01 am

3 months from today to all my fellow 21st jan brides!!!! Is anyone else celebrating??? We might be going to gold class tonight, as the next 3 months will FLY BY!!! :D :e_bday:

Our invites went out 2 days ago, so people should receive them today :) We didn't even plan it for them to arrive on the 3 month mark - perfecto!

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 am

bride2be2012 wrote:
Most of us have cracked the double digits!!

I got our first lot of paper work from the celebrant, (the starting to plan the ceremony) and we are also having our final meeting with our recep venue in the next week!

Im soo freakin excited!!!!

Im also a little nervous for the bucks party...... :roll:
2 of our groomsmen are a little rowedy and im worried what they are planning...
Anyone else feeling that way?

Yes I am and considering FH said that he wouldnt have one over here, would do something small in Bali, I hope he doenst change his mind!

We hit 3 months next week :mrgreen:

JellyBeanDreams

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Ohh I am scared about the bucks party too with my fiances mates...... Although he hasn't organised anything (I think he thinks it will come together by itself like he seems to think everything will but it's actually because I organise everything!).

Received my vistaprint invites today. Very quick, I ordered them with 7 day post on monday so am happy with that. They are bigger than I expected though, even though I measured it out with a ruler :e_think:
Have to wait until I receive the honeymoon registry cards before I can send them out though and they still need to be ordered by the shop so probably still a week before I get them.
With the RSVP's, is it ok to put a stamp and my address on the back of the rsvp, rather than need envelopes for them? I am sure I have seen it done like this before. I ordered the RSVP's postcard sized for this reason but my fiance thinks they might get damaged in the post.

85 days to go (If my maths is correct) :bdance:

That's very scary actually. I still need a celebrant, a band and a place to stay for the wedding night!

Hope everyone else is organised :D

bride2be2012

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:33 pm

89 days to go fellow 21.1 brides! :D

Well invites went out in the mail on Friday!! ITs makes it all so more real now! Cant change our mind now!! :P

Jellybean-> have you got a celebrant in mind? They are hard to book in arent they last minute.

I need your help ladies, we had booked in my hens at the races in the day but now they have shut them as they arent safe for the jockeys... :(
I need ideas, we were doing races then dinner.
We have thought about wine tours, but i and a few others dont drink wine, thought about pole dancing classes but im not sure my mum and a few others would find that fun, and we have been googling lots and cant find anything that jumps out! suggestions please!!!!

My dress should be in either this week or next :bdance: :bdance:

JellyBeanDreams

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 pm

bride2be2012- I am so last minute it's terrible. I have been emailing a celebrant and we might meet up in 2 weeks she said she'll have some time......... lol.

We still have so much yet to organise. Our invites are almost ready to be sent so they will go out by monday or tuesday. I am starting to really stress now, we only have ceremony and reception booked. Oh actually I paid a deposit to a photographer too. I said to my partner last night that I feel like we might have a disaster, that it's not all going to be organised in time.. need a band, accommodation (in the middle of the summer holiday period at a beach area!!!), and all the little things...
Also still have to find someone to alter my dress. Ok I wanna cry now!

I also need to work out what I wanna do for my hens and have nooo idea. I just want someone else to at least organise that for me but dont think thats gonna happen!

:heart:

bride2be2012

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Jelly Bean, its all good you will find the time, i find i am on the internet till late nearly every night, (mind you the next morning im refered to as cranky mummy :roll: )

It will all come together! Where are you getting married?

My maid of honour has been planning my hens, so im super lucky! She is fab :D
We have a new plan now and im even more excited about it now then i was before :)

Ive been thinking xmas and back to school aswell lately so i can be organised as we get back from our honeymoon 2 days before school is back!

bride2be2012

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:30 pm

:D :D omg omg omg my dress has arrived and i have it in my house!! Its better than i remember and i still love it!

I got my veil today as well onsale! And my girls dresses are in!! im hoping we can get them all off to the alterations lady next week or the week after
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3