A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bride2be2012

Re: January 2012

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Ladies!

Well everything other than my dress is going fabulous!!
Ive found my wedder, its on layby, we purchased df one already. The boys suits have been laybed and are ready to get out out. Im getting our twins suits made to match the colour of the bigger boys ones!
Bridesmaids will be ordered in August, my MOH has just had a baby so we are trying to do it as late as possible. The lady making them said she will have them ready by September tho so that is good.

Im having my trials on the 6/8 its the day of my 30th party so i thought it was good timing :-) Im SUPER excited about it!

My dress...... aghhhhh im so cranky..
I was getting it made, they have stuffed it 3 times. I now told her i want a refund and am really struggling to get it out of her. Im so so so frustrated with them right now... :evil: :evil:
Ive gone to another dress maker and forked out for ANOTHER dress...

ANYWAYS!
Hope your all going well
:-)

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:34 am

I'm back Ladies!! Had some time off from WC to refocus on some NWR stuff.

Done a bit of wedding stuff. Started on invites and been tinkering around with bonbonnieres. My BMs tried on their dresses and they look gorgeous. We just have to book them now!

bridek8
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:24 am

Hi all!!
I'm getting married Jan 28, 2012 :D :heart:
Have all the main things organsed: venue, reception, Celebrant, photographer etc
Looking fwd to sharing this journey with u all!

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Congratulations bridek8! Good job getting all the main things done. Time will fly for all of us now! We are now 5 months and 6 days to go! Eeek!!

sachick90
I survived and got married

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 am

Congrats bridek8 and welcome look forward to hearing all your plans :-)

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Hello fellow Jan brides :)

Just popping my head in here to say hello! Can you believe it's only 5 months until Jan??? It is going to go soooo fast for us!

My wedder is ready, i posted a pic in my S&T.

Bridesmaids dresses will be ordered at the end of August and should arrive in November.

Things outstanding for me are:

*Finalise guest list so that invites can be ordered (we have ordered our template though and it's looking great!)
*Find a suit hire company in Syd that has decent suits (recommendations, anyone???)
*Find flowergirl dresses
*Find shoes and jewellery
*Book honeymoon (our travel agent has done itinerary, we are yet to confirm.) for LA, Mexico (Cancun), Miami, Thailand
*Finalise bomboinierres (waiting for my FH's brother's wedding next month as we're worried they have the same love heart chocolates in boxes as us!!!
*Do order of service

ALMOST THERE!!! :)

xx

danatello

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Still trying to get my S&T sorted!! :roll: ....SLOOOOOOW going....

on a happy note, I got my shells for the reception centrepiece! They are GOR-GEEEEEE-OUS!!! All white ones mainly, plus some starfish, cowries, scallops, and some polished trochus and a snaily-looking one (pearly pretties!!!) Will put a snap of them in my S&T...EVENTUALLY!!! :lol:

bride2be2012

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Girls!!

We just ordered our BMs dresses yesterday so another thing crossed off the list, i met with the lady doing our invites and she was lovely and very reasonably priced so i am just starting to do all the addresses and getting that sorted.

Starting to pay things out now so there wont be hopefully to much left closer to the day.

Where are you ladies going for your honeymoons? We are just thinking now of what to do and where to go..

We were talking about my hens and we decided on Novemeber! YAY im super excited!!

Hope your all going well!!

danatello

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 pm

bride2be2012 wrote:
Hi Girls!!
Where are you ladies going for your honeymoons? We are just thinking now of what to do and where to go..

We're honeymooning on the same islands where we're getting married...Cocos (Keeling) Islands. That's the beauty of a destination wedding - you can roll the wedding & honeymoon into one package! :mrgreen:

check out this link to see how beautiful Cocos is!
http://www.cocos-tourism.cc/

sachick90

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

bride2be2012 wrote:

We were talking about my hens and we decided on Novemeber! YAY im super excited!!

We are going to Bali for 4 days then Perth for a couple of days, cant have a long honeymoon due to work :( Should be quite nice though.

I am trying to get my BM's to sort out a date for the hens because I need to apply for some leave from work, getting kind of annoyed though.

Annarf

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi Fellow Jan Brides!
Just thought I'd add in my hello and vote Jan 2012 as the BEST month ever!!!
We're tying the knot on 21 Jan and it cant go fast enough :-)
Good luck to you all with your planning (how fun is it!! :-)

sachick90

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 am

Welcome annarf and congrats on your engagement. January is an awsome month lol.

Can't wait to great about your plans :-)

Annarf

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks sachick90!!
Congrats to you too!!! I have to admit Im going pretty well - we got engaged at Easter then went away for a month in June and I still think I have all the major things booked or ordered... I even picked up my ring today!! (I thought it would take longer to make... soo exciting though! Soo pretty :-). At the moment Im trying to decide between T or L shaped photobooth strip frames for my bombonnaire/placecards - very important decision lol!
How about you? Drama-free planning I hope? Where is everyone from? Im in Melbourne.

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:44 am

Picking up the rings today *dances*

bride2be2012

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey ladies!

Annarf we are getting married the same day! :)

Im just compilling the addresses and sorting through wishing well versus at the moment.. fun fun..

We are nearly at the 5 month mark!!! 8O 8O

When will you be making all your payments. Ive paid a few ppl out, but now im wondering just when if i should wait or do it now. Is it to "early"

Does anyone have a run sheet for their mc? We have a friend doing it for us and i was just interested in seeing a run sheet that someone else has done.

Happy planning girls!!

gabseroo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

bride2be2012 wrote:
Hey ladies!

Annarf we are getting married the same day! :)

Im just compilling the addresses and sorting through wishing well versus at the moment.. fun fun..

We are nearly at the 5 month mark!!! 8O 8O

When will you be making all your payments. Ive paid a few ppl out, but now im wondering just when if i should wait or do it now. Is it to "early"

Does anyone have a run sheet for their mc? We have a friend doing it for us and i was just interested in seeing a run sheet that someone else has done.

Happy planning girls!!

I'm getting married on Jan 21 too :) YAY!

I am starting to pay as many people as possible, as well as honeymoon accom as we may look at taking a loan out closer to date to have a bit of spending money on honeymoon.

I would also love a running sheet for MC!

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Im trying to pay off as much as I can when I can. I dont want to be left with a couple grand oweing all at once.

Ordered my cake today and paid for the whole thing outright, so um pretty chuffed about that.

danatello

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:48 pm

cabaret wrote:
Im trying to pay off as much as I can when I can. I dont want to be left with a couple grand oweing all at once.

Ordered my cake today and paid for the whole thing outright, so um pretty chuffed about that.

I've actually started a "wedding fund' - put aside $100 or so out of each pay specifically for wedding only stuff! Started a while ago and up to $1200 so far (slow going but at least that's $1200 I won't have to rack up on the credit card! LOL!)

and yay you for getting the cake sorted!! Is there a pic? And did ya put the wedders you mentioned you were picking up a few posts ago in your S&T yet?

bridek8
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 pm

We have paid all the big things so far just the little things to go all though I think the little things are going to add up to quite an expense though!

Cabaret tell us about your cake!

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 pm

danatello wrote:
cabaret wrote:

I've actually started a "wedding fund' - put aside $100 or so out of each pay specifically for wedding only stuff! Started a while ago and up to $1200 so far (slow going but at least that's $1200 I won't have to rack up on the credit card! LOL!)

and yay you for getting the cake sorted!! Is there a pic? And did ya put the wedders you mentioned you were picking up a few posts ago in your S&T yet?

Just now :)

And I drew a terrible picture of the cake on MS paint, HAHAHAHA. Its a mish mash of a few of the cake shop's cakes, different bits from different designs, so there isnt a pic.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14