A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

February 2012

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi ladies, here's a place to meet up with other February 2012 brides and share your plans and ideas :D

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: February 2012

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Ooh does that mean I'm first!? I'm super exited that the Feb 2012 thread has been started, it is all seeming a bit more real now. 10 months today for us :D

Can't wait to have a chat to all you other Feb brides xx

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Lonely, so lonely! Where are you all?! I know you exist, cause I have seen it on the calender!

TaylorsMrs

Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Hello!! Yes I'm getting married 18th February 2012!! How exciting only 10 months to go! :D
I feel like I haven't organised enough! Just some big ticket items like ceremony location, celebrant, reception, photographer and my dress.
In the next month I hope to book a band and videographer (if we decide to go with one) and ceremony music.
I can't believe how much you need to organise!! And how long in advance you need to book!!

So excited to have some brides to share the journey with though! :D
xoxo

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun May 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Hello twin :D

You sound as though you are at about the same stage as me. I have only booked the big things.

I am just starting to get into the nitty gritty now. I am still working out what to so about a cake, and I'm starting to get worried that it will be too late.

I'm the same with a video - we can't decide what to do.

Yolanda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi ladies,
I'm getting married on 12th Feb! Feeling very organised at the moment but about to start my next study unit for Uni, not going to have any time soon!
Can't wait to find out where everyone else is at!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Thu May 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Can i come join you ladies. We wre meant to be getting married in 4 months but have had to delay it. To many things came up which meant that we wouldnt of got it paid for in time :( new date is the 25th feb

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 pm

caz wrote:
Can i come join you ladies. We wre meant to be getting married in 4 months but have had to delay it. To many things came up which meant that we wouldnt of got it paid for in time :( new date is the 25th feb

Oh :( bad news that you have had to postpone, but good news that you are now a Feb 12 bride :D 25th was our second choice of date :D

It is not exactly pumping in this thread at the moment, so the more the merrier I say :heart:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm

This thread has gone quiet again - seems all the action is still in the 2012 thread.

News for me is not much, I was hoping to go BM dress shopping this weekend as my FSIL is over from Melb for the weekend, but she is not going to have time as she has too many people to visit :(

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 am

Just in case any girls are looking to book their honeymoon soon, I am selling 2 one-way tickets from Sydney to Phuket leaving on March 12 2012, as we can't travel on that day. $500 for both (inc seat allocation, 1 x 20kg baggage allowance and 2 x entertainment units to use). You can change names on itinerary by calling Jetstar and paying small fee. PM if you're interested. :D

TaylorsMrs

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

Update from my last post, still haven't organised the wedding band or videographer (if we have one).
Not much moving along, excited that it's only 8 months!
FH and I just bought our own house so I've been busy painting, cleaning and moving! Hopefully I can start to concerntrate on the Wedding now.
Next task - wedding band!!
Has anyone booked or looked at wedding bands yet? If so who are you going with? Or are you having a DJ?

I've looked at Baker boys, not a fan because you just don't know who you're getting on the night, White tree band - they were great but way to pricey for a 4 peice band. And we've looked at Jazze who are 6 peice and we want 4 peice, and Soul sisters (wasn't a big fan).

:D

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

TaylorMiss - you still have plenty of time, but I would be getting onto finding a photographer. We have still not decided on whether we are going ot have a video, I think we will maybe just have someone at the wedding film.

We looked at Angus and Coote for wedding bands (we went to a couple of other highstreet jewellers and were less than impressed) - they had some nice quality reasonably priced rings. FH wants a two tone white gold/yellow gold. He likes the ones with brushed white gold inside and yellow gold around the outside.

I am just wanting a plain white gold band. I have looked at some with stones, and they are really pretty, but I think that I will save that for my eternity ring.

I don't want to spend too much on it, as far as I'm concerned as long as it is certified to be 18c then does it really matter if it costs $300 or $1500? Is there such as thing as clarity of gold or anything?

ozjosh

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Agree I would sort out the photographer way before you consider wedding bands and a DJ.

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

arrrgh, went to try my dress on yesterday and it's too big! It can be taken it, but I was really wanting it to fit. :(

It's nice to know that my efforts of eating healthy and gyming it up are doing good things for me, but now I am scared that with 7 more months to go, they might not be able to take the dress as far as it needs to go if I keep loosing weight!

Everything else is going well with me, I went through my wedding planning book to get an idea of what needs to be done. I'm planning of trying to get my chinese lanterns sorted out soon. I need to figure out how to light them, as we are going to have them as part of our lighting, not just for decoration.

kyzwedding

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 am

hey im new here im getting married on the 11th feb omg its getting so close but cant wait to marry my soul mate

indigo

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

We are planning to get married on 11th February too!
I havent even booked a wedding venue yet due to our schedules, but at least I have my dress on order and the BM dresses picked out! I know it is cutting close , but it will happen even if we get married in our backyard! :)

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey MissG and Indigo, 11th Feb sure does seem like a popular date!

I think you have plenty of time still indigo - a friend of mine is getting married in Nov and they have only been planning for about 6 months and she seems to be going fine.

We're down to 21 weeks today, and I just found out mid way through last week that we no longer have a celebrant - it's a pain because the lady that was going to do it was a friend and so we didn't have to make any decisions about who to choose - now we are super confused about how to make a decision 8O

Other than than that, all is going along nicely for us, I'm hoping to purchase our rings next week, FH has picked out what he wants and I am pretty sure that I know what I want, but the problem is getting FH back into the shop to actually order the things!

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:58 pm

This topic will now be locked as February 2012 has ended.

Congratulations to all the February 2012 brides.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08