A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Re: March 2012

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Haha Millie I may try that "Get off your a** and organise the f*#@king visas!!" Wish you had done an S+T - We would have loved to see all your plans in pictures. Dammit dont you hate it when internet is so unreliable!

Thanks for all the Alcatraz comments - I did some research on here and have 'applied' for tickets on our preferred date. Am waiting for confirmation. It looks awesome!

Mel - yes I agree about original mens rings - and yes, FH' ring was more expensive than mine as well :D Seems you had a productive weekend! Let us know when you pick a perfume.

What perfumes are you all getting? I hadnt even thought of it!!! Im not really a perfume person, so have no idea!

So I emailed my wedding planner and asked to put the extra "These hands" bit into our ceremony. Waiting for a reply but i smiled just reading it again. I love it and think it is beautiful. :heart:

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 am

These hands is beautiful. A girlfriend I was BM for had them in her wedding and it was the first time I'd heard it and it just made my heart melt!!!

Mel your perfume comments sound like something a pregnant woman would say!....

I am going to be wearing my favourite Miss Dior Cherie. It is just divine. I always wear it on special occasions. I am a big perfume hoarder though. I have about 30 different perfumes. Although I do think it's time I got rid of some!

For a Hawiian wedding there's a beautiful fragranced called beyond paradise by Estee Lauder. It's got a lot of jasmine in it so smells really romantic. I think Ralph would smell nice too as it's very summery and breezy. Enjoy looking though!!!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah out of the millions I've tried Ralph is the nicest one I have smelt recently however, a friend at work when we were talking about old perfume said yeah ralhp by ralhp reminds me of being 17 and totally put me off.

Im going to try the beyond paradise one I love the smell of jasmines.

And let me tell you re my perfume trying. After 5mins I actually wanted to be physically sick, both of us just look at each other and went....oh no. lol but no im fine I think I was just anxious about getting everything done.

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 am

Erin, I love that poem. I emailed it to our first celebrant and he was writing our whole ceremony around it. Haven't been able to get hold of him to ask him for it though :( Not even sure if he'd started it so I'm just hoping 8 weeks is enough time for our new celebrant to write the ceremony. You'd have to think so, surely he'd have bits he could pull from previous weddings.

I normally don't wear perfume, it's rare I find one I'm not allergic to. Only one I'd found until recently was a JLo fragrance (can't remember the name), it's a nice smell but to me it's more of a fun, girly smell, not romantic. I really wanted to find something so figured I'd give it a shot and risk the allergies to find something nice. First one I tried on was Chance by Chanel, couple of reasons, it has a nice bottle for the photos and it pretty much describes our whole relationship. It ended up being fine with my allergies so I'm not going to bother trying on anymore. It's a touch expensive but mum's offered to buy it for my birthday.

A bit cranky, I've got to do up more invitations! There's at least 3 people that never received their invites!!! The addresses were right so just Australia post being stupid. It means I have to go and source more paper too, I used all the leftover for the OOS.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks for the perfume tips ladies! I will check out the ones you have mentioned and hopefully I find something I like 8)

Well FH did the Visa applications!!! I didn't have to nag too much either! AND our Alcatraz tour is confirmed :D Yay!

Kate that is a really bad strike rate with the mail! 3 invitations getting lost is ridiculous!

Haha pregnancy was the first thing that came to mind for me when I read your perfume story Mel ! Haha glad you set us straight on that one :D

Spanna500

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm

buggy wrote:

I also need to find a dress for my hens... its on the 18th I think, we are doing burlesque and pole dancing lessons :D hehehe

Just catching up.....my hens is the 18th too......except mines a total surprise BM and SIL are organizing it all...and bonding at the same time. Hope mine is as funds urs sounds!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

My hens is on the 11th of feb and I cant wait. We are doing a cocktail making class (complete with waiters ,antipasto, massages), followed by dinner and drinks. I got an invite just like all the guests. My best friends are organising an 'outfit' for me, which worries me..I just got a new dress!

darkphoenix

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 pm

My hen's isn't until the 10th March! Seems forever away :( It's a bit of a sneaky joint celebration though, my birthday is the following weekend and I'm keeping it low key so the girls are using the hens party as an excuse to spoil me for my birthday to.

My bridal shower is this weekend though!!!! I'm really excited about it! I've been kept completely in the dark about it. All I've been told is to wear something nice and my sister let slip today that someone I haven't seen for years is coming. So I'm thinking either family from Sydney that I don't get to see often enough or my best friend from school. She moved to the UK 4yrs ago and got back in the country last week. Either way I'm sure it'll be fun.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:38 am

My hens is 18 feb too. I guess it's the weekend you have when you marry 10th/11th march!! Very excited! Again no idea but I do hope that it's really fun. My friends know that I love games so I told my bm my only requisite were heaps of games and not too expensive for guests. I hate when I'm invited to a hens and it's $100+ to go. Fh got invited to a bucks for next week I think which is $125 that's more than we were planning on giving them in their wishing well! It just seems over the top to me! On the other hand I hope my hens has some sort of exciting activity. I'll be prettyvdisapointed if it's just a few drinks at my bm's house then dancing. Last year I went on a cool winery tour hens that was fun!

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 am

holy heck DP! we are getting married in 2 MONTHS!!!!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 am

Wow, I have alot of catching up to do!

Erin I love your FH's ring! Very snazzy looking. Alkatraz sounds awesome I'm so glad you booked it! Also, if you're in the area GO SEE THIS HOUSE!!!
Have you ever seen that stephen king rose red movie? Well this house looks like it's what it's based on.

It's called the winchester house. A lady whose husband and daughter died was told she needed to move west and keep building onto her house or spirits who were killed by her familys gun (the winchester brand) would kill her as well. So she built this weeeeeeird house and kept constantly adding on to it for about 50 years. You can open a door on the third floor and it opens up to no where! Staircases lead up to the ceiling, it's nuts!

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/ It's in california, are you guys going to be there?

Mel, that's very sweet of you to offer to slap her in the face haha. Hopefully she will relax abit now and stop being so rude to customers! I can't wait until my dress is done and I can write a massive anti rec for them. That's great that the lady won't let your dress be anything but perfect!

LOL Millie, sometimes that's the only way I can get FH to do things as well! He's so content to waste the weekend playing games sometimes. I know what you mean about being done with the wedding planning stuff, I'm abit over it as well! Ready to move on the next thing.

Buggy and Spanna my hens is the 18th as well haha. I'm excited to see everyone, it'll be the first time I get to see my sister since she told me she was pregnant with her third and final bubba.

I destroyed the wishing well last night! 8O I was trying to fix it but now it's ruined so I have to start from scratch. Pretty annoyed as well, it took ages to make that one! I'm going to try covering it in fabric but it's surprisingly hard to do. Nothing new to report really! On the weekend we're going to finish paying for FH's suit.
FH wants to get DS his shirt and shoes but i'd rather wait until the last minute because he grows like crazy.

It's mine and FH's six year anniversary on thursday! We decided not to do anything because we want to pay this off but I want to do something small and I have no idea!

Balls

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 am

Double post, sorry! Also, sorry if I missed anyone!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 am

Cook a nice meal and get a nice bottle of wine. Thats what we do when we dont want to spend much money but still want to celebrate our time together

My first hens is this weekend. Its also FHs first bucks night.

We are going up to airlie to stay at my friends, having dinner at one of my favourite restaurants on Friday, then jumping in our PJS watchign girlie movies and eating popcorn.

Then the next days we are having a dressup party and drinking cocktails by the pool. Fun.

I am really looking forward to my second hens in Raro, its all a surprise and apparently my BM who is organising it has gone all our with spreadsheets etc lol. Although i am happy to spend heaps of money on a hens as it goes towards activities. I have asked that they split the day up into a "full" option and a "cheaper" option, so that way people can pick and choose what they want to do depending on how much they can afford.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh so was wondering if you guys have any good ideas

I've tried looking in the haristyle gallery on hair and cant really find what i am looking for but i need an up do for the wedding

I want to have a deep side part where the end is softly curled in a vintage type way and then the rest of my hair all curles twisted and pulled back loosely without it feeling loose. However I cant find a pic of it exactly and I ahve had so much drama with other hair appointments that I know il need a pic or at least a couple to get my point across.

Any ideas?

darkphoenix

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Jessie, I'm hoping this might help with your wishing well. I found when I was trying to cover my boxes with fabric, the easiest way is to use double sided table to fold the edge under, kind of make a hem with it. I used a hot glue gun to hold most of the fabric down, but every couple cms I ran a piece of double tape lengthways down the fabric. I found the hot glue left a really big lump but if I didn't have anything holding the fabric in the middle it was quite loose. You've done really well with all your DIY stuff so I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I'm making a start on my menu's today. This is pretty much what I'm going for so just going to fold the triangles today and wait until our venue stops changing the bloody menu so I can print the rest of it.

Two months today!!!! I'm starting to get really excited now.

darkphoenix

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Mel, I'm not sure if it's even close but this is kind of what I envisaged from your description.
The one on the left that is, I didn't realize the photos were linked!

Balls

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm making menus like that too, Kate. They're really cute! Thanks for the tips with the fabric, I just muddled along and hoped for the best. I hope no one looks at the back of the wishing well because I ran out of fabric haha. It would have been alot easier if I hadn't already glued some of the boxes together.

Do you mean like finger waves, Mel?

Finger waves.jpg

I like the one Kate posted though, very nice!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:35 pm

All of those are quite similar but not the same quite what im picturing in my head.

Kate the one of the left is definitely probably the closest

Ashling - I have all of those in my hair inspiration folder lol! They are all getting close as well but not quite

Jessie - yeah i like the fingers waves for the front but alot loser than that pic.

Thanks ladies though definitely all a help.

darkphoenix

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Having a minor freakout!! I've got my hair and makeup trial and I have no idea how I want my hair!!!
I've got the makeup figured out but I just don't know on my hair, I really like the messy upstyle but FH thinks it shouldn't be messy for a wedding! Grr!
I think I'll be up late traipsing the internet to find something. Otherwise I'm hoping, if I show the hairdresser photos of my dress she might have some suggestions.

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm

OMG my ticker says it is nearly less than 1 month to go. I'm not ready yet, still loads to do. We haven't even choosen our vows yet!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37