A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Re: March 2012

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Yay Majeen, time is really flying isnt it! Our vows are done and we really only have the honeymoon to do!

Hair is something I keep changing my mind on! I am going to a hairdresser to try a few things in the morning of my hens, so hopefully I find something good and it will look awesome for my night out!

Jessie I hope you have a great anniversary. A nice dinner seems like a lovely idea. OMG your wishinng well! :( I hope your next one is even better!

Kate I love the pic of your menus. Looks great!

Mel have a great time at your Hens! A weekend away to Airlie Beach sounds great! Love the idea of a dressup party!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:35 am

Who would have thought that hair would be so complicated. But I have no found that I think its the most important thing of the lot and I want it to look just right

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 am

I've finally caught up to you girls! My ticker now says 1 month and x days. It's making me so nervous. Just insane to think how fast these 5 months have gone.
Thankfully my list is getting much smaller.
FH is having a minor freakout though, there's not enough time for him to make sure everything is perfect and I think he's just really nervous now that it feels real.
It is making me realize just how much we've got left to pay off! There's still $1000 just between my dress and our rings!

My list is getting shorter, probably still a touch longer then I'd like but so much of it is stuff I can't do until the week before, or even the day before. But I should have everything ticked off that I need to by the end of the month, fingers crossed.

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 am

Hey ladies

Sorry I have been MIA the last few weeks. I have been trying to read and keep up with you but as time is getting closer you are all so chatty! I have been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to write in here. Hopefully now that our big project is out in the market it will be a little bit quieter.

I am really struggling with my hair as well. I have found a few inspirational pictures which I will take to my hairdresser and see what she says. I am having my hair trial next weekend the morning of my hens. I want an upstyle too, very similar to what some of you ladies posted earlier. FH has told me that he would prefer me to wear my hair up (as I was contemplating wearing it down).

YAY for hitting the under one month mark Kate! I know exactly how you are feeling about paying things off. We have only paid a couple of deposits so I am really freaking out about how we are going to pay everything and when. I am meeting my photographer next Monday to go through all the details with her so I am hoping to be able to finalise my payment with her next week.

I have just had a minor freak out too! I just counted and there is only 38 more sleeps. YIKES! I am starting to really freak out but at the same time I am so excited. Is anyone else feeling this way??

I still have a few things to do. My MOH is coming over on the weekend to help me with my OOS and name tags. I need to order my heart chocolates. As we are making a donation to the Motorneuron foundation (in memory of my grandad) so will have a little chocolate on each persons plate.

Our RSVP is this friday and we are still waiting on quite a few to come back. Hopefully in the next 3 days people send them in!

Is there anyone else who is jealous of their FH's bucks weekend? BM has just sent through the itinerary for FH's bucks and it is absolutely awesome! They are going interstate while I am staying in Canberra for mine. I know that mine will be lots of fun but no where near as exciting as FH's (I told my girls I wanted to keep it simple and not expensive for everyone....I think FH's weekend is costing each of the boys at least $500).

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Boys always seem to have more money to throw around then us girls. Must be all the money they save from buying clothes and makeup :lol: It's nice to see you, Beck! I'm sure your hens night will be great as well.

I know what you all mean about hair. I thought I had figured it out with the second trial but now I'm not sure. I tried on my dress with my hair in a pony tail and I tried it on with my hair all up and it seems to look nicer with my hair up. But hair up doesn't suit my face very much. Tricky!

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks Jessie :) it's nice to have a minute to pop in here and post again.

I am sure it will too! I think you are absolutely right about the money thing :lol:

I did the same thing when I had my first dress fitting. I wore my hair down to see what it would look like (I always have my hair up) and then I put it up and it looked a thousand times better. Maybe you could have a half up half down style??

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 am

beckstar2012 wrote:
Is there anyone else who is jealous of their FH's bucks weekend? BM has just sent through the itinerary for FH's bucks and it is absolutely awesome! They are going interstate while I am staying in Canberra for mine. I know that mine will be lots of fun but no where near as exciting as FH's (I told my girls I wanted to keep it simple and not expensive for everyone....I think FH's weekend is costing each of the boys at least $500).

My FH wanted to have his in the Gold Coast but his BM left it all to the last minute and no one could do it so he has ended up having to have his in Mackay. He was pretty devastated (you should have seen his "i'm not sad" but secretly is face) as he hates it here and especially town here but BM has managed to organise some really awesome activities and promised that they will not go to town. Which FH is really happy about.

Then again this is FH first bucks. He is having two (which is why I am having two although mine is more me getting out of town so I dont have to deal or see the state the FH gets himself into!)

BM is the most loveliest guy but not very organised at all so last week I called two of the groomsmen and the MC (who are very very organised) and told them to help him out as fair enough him having to organise two all by himself isnt very fair either. Sounds like they are all working on it as a team so that is awesome takes some pressure off BM and makes it less stressfull.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Have my final details appointment with venue tonight!! just finished typing up my time line of the day and suppliers list (the venue needs it) which was a big motivator to get something done!

feeling really on top of things now.

Here is my to do list- it's getting really little!
-decide on whether we are having bubbles or rose petals
-made a few more props for photo shoot
-complete seating chart (waiting for RSVPs)
-Sit down with photographer to show inspiration for photos- weirdly he called me last night so it's booked in for 13th Feb
-Make up trial????? not sure if I will bother. It's $80. I figure you can't really stuff up make up... or can yo? what do you guys think?
-Engrave rings- I got them blessed by our school priest yesterday (I work at a Catholic school) which I was glad for. He also told me that the Catholic church will recognise our civil ceremony and if in the future we want it sanctified we can have a very small ceremony to do so. I would really like this- maybe like renewing vows
-order of service- but not sure if I will or not- it's mostly to please MIL
-complete bonbonierie- this is 50% done

So I'm feeling really good about the work load. Mind you, I'm sure I'll think of more. Plus there's all the appointments coming up! Nails, tan, eyelashes, rehearsal, photography, dress fittings... it never ends!!!

Glad everyone else seems in a good place. Good luck with the hair dos! (I'm getting a low side pony filled with curls. But as you can see in my picture earlier I have quite long hair so this is really easy.

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm now even less sure about my hair!!! I love how they've done the front but the back is not at all what I pictured :(
I'm thinking I might have to go for another trial. I'm going to put up photos later tonight on my S&T to get some opinions cause I just have no idea.

Our engagement photos were so much fun! It rained though :( It was a perfect clear day and the moment we got out of the car it started! We got a couple photos just beside the road in a field but it was just too wet so it was off to an underground carpark. Not exactly as romantic as I imagined but they're unique and they actually look quite nice. Very us at the end of it. I actually couldn't be happier it rained, the original plan was to trek through the fields and I'm terrified of snakes!! Hopefully I'll have the photos in the next week or two.

I ticked a few things off my list today, the boys ties have been started. I've finished the menus as best I can and I bought all the stuff I need to make my roses for the pew decorations. Least I hope I can make them.

I need to hassle the GM about the bucks party. Poor FH isn't having one at this stage!!! No one's organized a thing and it's getting so close now that I don't know how many guys will actually be able to make it. Tempted to organize it myself so he has one!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Welcome back Beckstar! Glad you have been dropping in to catch up on the gossip, even if it is hard finding time to post. I'm glad everything is going well!

Millie I love your 'To-do' list! So little! I will redo my list and post it too :D How did the appointment go tonight to sort out the final details at the venue?

Kate I will check out your S+T for your hair pics. I think hair is turning out to be the toughest decision of all! Even harder than the dress! Can't wait to see what we all decide on! I hope your BM gets your FH's bucks organized! Does your FH really want one? Mine doesn't, and is just going out for a few drinks with some mates when I have my hens :wink: I also can't wait to see some photos of your engagement shoot!

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 am

even though i never post here i love catching up on your progress...especially as we are doing this all together.

i had my hair trial yesterday. IT.WAS.So.MUCH.FUN!

i took in my veil and got to prance around the salon. i felt like the queen. i got a cut and colour as well. it just is another reminder that this is happening soon!

anyway i thought i might do a big scary list

Big Scary List
Dress –DONE
Bridesmaid dresses – DONE.
Groom suit –DONE
Groomsmen suits – DONE
Veil, Tiara, Hair piece –DONE
Jewellery – DONE
Shoes – NOT DONE
Rings - DONE
Sexy lingerie – NOT DONE
Cufflinks/shoes for groom - DONE
Fragrances – Miss Cherie. Dior. DONE

Ceremony location – DONE
Reception location –DONE
Photographer – DONE
DJ/Band - done
Cake – DONE
Hair –DONE
Makeup – DONE
Flowers – DONE
Cars – FH ORGANISING

Figure out guest list - DONE
Save the dates – DONE.
Invitations – being designed
Order Of Service – NOT DONE
Place cards – NOT DONE
Seating chart – PROVIDED BY VENUE
Menu – PROVIDED BY VENUE
Thank you cards – NOT DONE

Decorations for ceremony – MEETING WITH PRIEST MARCH 2012
Centerpieces for reception – IN PROGRESS
Decorations for reception – PROVIDED BY VENUE
Car decorations – DONE
Wishing well – DONE
Guestbook and pen – DONE
Cake knife – DONE

Music for ceremony/reception – String Quartet (CEREMONY). DONE dj (RECEPTION) DONE.
Write speeches/Vows – to do with priest
Readings/Poems for ceremony - DONE
Photo locations – DONE
Ask people to be MC DONE/Do readings DONE/Give you away DONE
Gifts - Bridal party/Parents/MC – EEK!!!
Hens/Bucks night – DONE.
Organize alterations for dress – DONE
Honeymoon – NOT DONE. LATER IN 2012

List of all vendors phone numbers - give a copy to MOH – NOT DONE
Emergency bag – DONE
Get nails done – NOT DONE

gosh that doesnt look too bad!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

I figured I'd put my updated list on, it's not terrible but it doesn't seem much smaller then it was last time! Seeing how much can't be done until the week before though I feel fairly on top of it! I'm going to make a start with my pew decorations today, they're entirely different to what I was originally planning but I'm hoping it still works. I'll pop some pictures up once I'm finished, I'm worried I might not be able to do them so I'm keeping it under wraps until I figure it out :p

Meet with celebrant to sort out the legalities and OOS - Booked in for the 8th Feb
Book a haircut for FH
Do seating arrangement board - waiting on RSVPs
Divide m&ms into cello bags and put in favour boxes - waiting till a week before so they don't melt
Finish OOS
Decide on dimensions of cake so Aunt can do a test run
Print and make luminaries
Decorate wishing well
Decide on more music for the reception
Confirm honeymoon accommodation - FH is doing
Book nails for day before the wedding
Make pew decorations
Buy dress for Hen's night
Hassle GM to organise Buck's night again! Poor bugger won't have one at this rate
Meet with reception co-ordinator to lock in menu, drinks and table placements - Apparently can't do this till the week before!
Drop in dress for alterations - booked in, just waiting till the dress is out of layby
Drop in e-ring for cleaning and re-dipping - Waiting until mid Feb to do this
Drop favours, wishing well and luminaries into decorators - Can't do till the week before
Pack bags for wedding night and mini-moon
Draft run sheet for the day and reception
Confirm all the vendors
Decide on something borrowed - thinking I might just steal my sister lipstick or something on the day
Organize sandwiches (or some kind of lunch) for when we get back from hair and make-up
Organize someone to return hired stuff (just suits and carpet at this stage) - Kind of volunteered my mum, just have to check she's ok with it
Finish menus - Waiting until I can confirm the menu changes
Order toasting glasses - Just need FH to decide between the two!

It seems everyone one else loves my hair. I'm just not sure on it I think the biggest problem I have with it is it's such a big bun, I was thinking more a smaller thing centred at the back rather then across it all. I don't know. I'm just trying to figure out if I can justify $50 for another trial.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm

is it already list time!!!

Here is what i have left

Write Hand written letters for Bridesmaids
Gift Bags for gifts for guys and girls (Bridal party)
Make Place cards
Make Table Numbers (just need to print and frame)
Make Seating Plan (just need to print and frame)
Make Label for Wishing well
Finish Song List
Print out all itineraries for flights
Vouchers for honeymoon, flights and hotels, rental car
Print out pics of hair and makeup inspirations

Honeymoon
Book somewhere to stay night we arrive in Auckland
Book final night in cairns accomodation

Balls

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Aw you're all so organized! My list is still huge, there's alot I can't do until I get final numbers and the rest of my stationary is ordered in. Reception venue sent me a run sheet and it's making me nervous!

There's so much I just didn't bother to think about. Also things like bar tabs. I can't really put an amount down until I know how many people are coming. Whatever is left over is going to be the bar tab. At this point it's only going to be a small one, oops. I alternate between stressing that the guests will be annoyed and thinking well, they'll get over it, we can only afford what we can afford! :oops:

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:47 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the bar tab Jessie, as long as there's something to drink it doesn't really matter. Ours is only really small and most of it is going to non-alcoholic drinks, if people want to get pissed that's their choice and should come from their pocket.
I just posted my list and now thought of all these other little things I still need to do! It's insane how many little things there are!

I've still got to find a bucket or a box to put my fans in. I was hoping for one of those old galvanised tubs but they're impossible to find (and postage is really expensive on ebay)
I've got to hand-write the letters to my BM and family, their written on the computer but I thought hand written would be nicer
Then there's also finding somewhere to print the boudoir photos when I get them back

I'm thinking there may well and truly be a lot of things cut from my to do list as it gets closer :p I think I've been quite overambitious with the DIY projects.

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my hair trial too. It's grown on me a little after constantly looking at the photos but I still don't know! I never thought it would be such a difficult decision!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Ladies

Glad everyone's lists are looking managable!

Here is my "To-Do" list:
Contact Hair/MUA proir to leaving Australia
Honeymoon!!! - Pretty much planned, just need t o book a few more things
Speeches? (Maybe just FH)
Organise "night before cocktail hour"
Stick to diet/exercise plan - so far going well
Waxing - few days before
Contact list of guests (Mobiles or Hawaii contact)

Seems pretty managable to me, but with only 4 weeks and 1 day until we fly, I suppose there are still things to do, but nothing too stressful :D

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Kate what is a luminary? I don't think ive ever heard of them!

The meeting went really well. The venue provides a coordinator for the day who is super organised and made me feel organised! We finalized our menu and that was fun!

Kate I'm glad u got ur engagement photos I'm sur they look stunning! Erin I know what you mean about keeping to the diet! Lol. Reading your to do lists has made me realised I have a heap more to do aswell! Oh well I'll get there. Mel I would like to write letters to my bridesmaids too!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't really know how to explain them Millie, they're kind of candle holders that are made of vellum paper so I'm using them as our table numbers. Here's the picture I based mine off, figure pictures always work better then words :p

I'm at even more of a loss as to what to do with my hair now!!! I was talking to FH about it and he said he wasn't too fussed with the front!!! That's the bit I did like! I think I'm going to have another trial with the style I like and decide between the two. It's only another $50 and FMIL has now offered to chip in for the wedding so that's a huge stress off our shoulders. She got remarried 20yrs ago so was quite unaware of how much weddings cost. It was only last week when she asked if I could do one more invitation for a dear friend of hers and asked how much per person it was for the reception as she'd pay, she nearly died when I told her it was $95pp. I had to show her quite a few other places and rattle off the prices of the celebrant and suit and the chapel before she realized how outdated her figures where. She knows I haven't been working much so she got cranky that we hadn't asked her earlier for money! No way we would have done that as she's already helped out lots, she's paid for a lot of little stuff already and is paying for our honeymoon to Canada next year so quite blown away by her generosity. Quite relieved too as I've been stressing a touch about how we'll pay for everything (and keeping my fingers crossed we'll win lotto :p)

My new shoes arrived today!!! They're a touch tight :( They've got a leather lining though so they'll stretch, just glad I've got 8 weeks still to wear them in. Now I just have to find a nice shoe clip as the flowers on them look even more ridiculous then in the photo on the website.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Wow Kate, you FMIL is paying for your honeymoon to Canada! She sounds amazing!
Can we have a picture of your new shoes?

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Well I just discovered http://www.madeit.com.au (it's like Etsy).

I have ordered a hanger for my dress:

7254d43b2Dc57b2D46ed2D897c2D65afd7cb67ddbling5.jpg

I got it in a dark wood though, and obviously with our own names :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52