A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Re: March 2012

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:57 am

Very nice coathanger Erin.

Hair!!! Why does it have to be so hard.

Last night we had our first dancing lesson it was so so so much fun. FH was concentrating so hard the sweet thing. I also wore my heels for an hour and they were so comfy.

I also found my perfume. I love ti so much it cost me a fortune but its Chanel Madamoiselle. I got the parfum. I really wanted to start wearing it now but im saving it for my "Im a wife" perfume lol.

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 am

I'm really luck with FMIL, I'm marrying her little boy so I was terrified of what she could be like. The first time I met her I got a big hug and by the end of that day poor FH got a slap and asked why he hadn't proposed already :P And bonus, she sticks up for me and tells FH to pull his head in :P With Canada, she's got a time share place pretty much right on Niagra so it's really just flights she's up for, and there's strings attached, we have to visit her in Florida :)

That coathanger is great Erin! I was always looking at one but my grandma beat me to it and made me a crocheted (?) one. It doesn't look as nice but it'll have a lot more meaning to me. I'm going to try and make some of those wood ones for the BM if I have time.

Mel, yay for your first dance lesson! I thought I'd hate ours as I don't dance but they're loads of fun. The big trick is trying to get FH to practice! We've had 3 lessons and I think practiced it together only 3 times! Usually the day of the lesson so we're not completely rusty come the night. I practice a bit on my own but it's not quite the same.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am

Dance lessons sound fun! Something we arent doing though, which is fine with both of us :) Glad those shoes are comfy Mel! I will have to go out and smell the fragrance!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

You have a very generous FMIL, Kate!

I love those coat hangers, Erin! Very cute!

Mellybean, I LOVE that perfume!! That one and allure are my favorite chanel perfumes. Flowerbomb is definitely my favorite of all time though! Glad you're enjoying dance lessons, they sound fun!!

I can't believe I didn't keep a guest list around. Now I can't remember who I've invited and I have to call everyone because the RSVPs have been getting lost in the mail! Stupid of me! At least it explains why I haven't been getting any. I hope this rain clears up soon, I do NOT want a rainy wedding day!

Balls

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:39 pm

I just logged onto the knot and luckily I have a list on there!

Also, 36 days to go! Sounds like alot less than five weeks!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm

:)
ringboxcrop.gif

I ordered personalised double wedding ring box for our ceremony, and after the ceremony, it will be mine for my e-ring and wedder...I think it looks elegant.
Our text will read:
Erin and Matt
7th of March, 2012
Maui, Hawaii

Jessie no guest list!! I suppose I didn't either, but then I ordered my invites online so the names were recorded with my order

darkphoenix

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 am

Erin, that ring box is gorgeous! I looked at them but could only find really pricey ones so I'm making my own. Unfortunately not a wood one like that, I'm covering an old ring box I had lying around.

I finally have my MOHs dress back! I dropped it into the seamstress in November! I'm pretty unhappy with the service, it took constant phone calls to find out what the hell was happening. Three weeks ago I called her and I said I needed it in two weeks, I called her again yesterday and she still hadn't finished it! Pretty much told her I needed it today (I'm seeing MOH tomorrow) and if she didn't have it ready I'd be picking it up and taking it to someone who could actually do it. Needless to say, she won't be doing my wedding dress as I'd planned. Her work might be good but the service is just pathetic. I've found another seamstress for my dress though, she's taking in the suit for our PG and she's just been amazing. I dropped it into her last week just so there was plenty of time and it's done already despite saying I didn't need it till March so no rush. And she's told me just to pick it up whenever I can afford it so much happier with her.

I'm starting to get quite excited about my shower on Sunday. Although there's some games I'm dreading, mum let slip that there's one game where I'll be dressed up in a toilet paper wedding dress! I'm sure there'll be some hilarious photos though.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:39 am

Oh Kate that seamstress sounds like she has horrible customer service! Im glad you went with someone else for your wedding dress, and it's done already!!

Yes, the ring box wasn't cheap, but I wil have it forever for my ring set, so worth it I think :D

Have fun at your shower tomorrow Kate! Pics please :P

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 pm

27 days! OMG!

I did tick something off my list today. I found a cake that I wanted today. I want something a bit different and finally found someone who will not only make it but is excited about making it and comes in at budget price. Will write more in my show and tell tomorrow.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Hello ladies!!!! Just checking in!

No real news for me except I think I'm going to get rid of all my bridal magazines because they just seem to put doubt in my head. Oh also my sister and I found a dress for her. Remember that feeling when you were 17 and had no self confidence? That's my poor little sister. Doesn't believe that she can be a fox! So hopefully she will feel at least a little foxy. I actually bought her 2 dresses (the dress was my bday/ Xmas pressie to her) because she was so confused and didn't know which dress she preferred and was crying :( so I said don't worry about a thing, I had bugeted around $300 anyway and both dresses were $160 so I bought them both for her. Poor little sis. My stepmum was mad at me for not asking her to be a bridesmaid but I think she would have hated it!

darkphoenix

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Majeen, that's scary!!! I'm hating how close all your weddings sound as I know mine is just around the corner after that!

I think it's been my week for wedding stress. Silly reception venue has changed things again but I'm not taking this one. They want the decorations paid separately from the catering, you wouldn't think a huge thing but when it was with the venue payment needed to be a week before the wedding but the decorators require it a month in advance!

And today, my MOH tried on her dress, it doesn't fit!!! It's at least half a size to small if not more! I knew she'd put on a little bit of weight but she told me she'd added a couple extra cm's to her measurements for the dress just in case so I wasn't worried. No idea what we'll do now, it's too late to order something in and she's a single mum so struggled to afford the $80 for that dress so I can't ask her to buy a new one off the rack and I can't afford to buy her a new one :( Hoping her mum might be able to work her magic with it somehow.

But, enough of the bad, my shower was an absolute blast! My mum and sister came up with some fantastic games and it was just loads of fun. I've got a few photos as well so I'll upload them later tonight. Can't believe how much I got spoilt too, I did get a lot of money in cards and of course the "sexy" lingerie for the honeymoon. One of the most thoughtful gifts though, my godmother bought me a gorgeous cookbook that she's filled with hand down family recipes. Some of them sound absolutely amazing, others I remember her cooking from when I was a kid so I'm excited to try them out. I had to share one photo now, the back story first though, my dad didn't come to the shower but he wanted to give me a present separately from mum. I was expecting some nice keepsake or something but this is what it was. Absolutely hilarious! FH from day one has said he wanted to be married by Elvis or wear and Elvis suit to the wedding, he's done nothing but tease me about it so dad couldn't walk past it when he saw these. Shonky photos of our heads but it's all he could find, tempted to find some nicer photos and use them somehow at the wedding.

beckstar2012

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

OMG 27 days that is crazy! How exciting though :)

Millie-you are lovely buying your sister two dresses. I hope she feels comfortable and not so self concious on the day.

Kate that present from your dad is absolutely hilarious! I love it! What a very special and thoughtful man your dad is. I can't believe your MOH doesn't fit into her dress anymore :( as if you need any more stress at the moment. I really hope that your mum is able to sort something out and you don't have to worry about finding a new dress.

I seriously can't believe how quickly the time is going. I had a very productive wedding weekend creating our booklet for the church and also our place cards for the reception (when I say creating I mean on the computer-I still need to fix a couple of things and print them all out). This week is going to be a busy week for wedding stuff. After sitting at the computer all day at work the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is sit on the computer but I know it needs to be done so will just have to suck it up.

I need to chase the $2 shop for my vases, they told me last week-after I ordered them 4 weeks ago-that the supplier had run out of stock but was hoping to get more in and yet I am still waiting for a phone call from them (not very impressed at the moment and don't know what I will do if they can't get them).

I am so excited for my kitchen tea/hens weekend this weekend! My MOH told me that she had picked out a dress for me to wear and asked me to go and try it on so I went to the shop where she said it was and couldn't find it anywhere, even the store manager had no idea what I was talking about. Turns out my MOH was looking at quite a few dresses the other day and has combined a number of them in her head and come up with a dress that doesn't exist :lol: so now I know what the girls want me to wear I will be going at lunchtime today to try and find something (I will be wearing hot pink while everyone else will be in black).

We also got FH's ring yesterday. It is only a cheap one from prouds as he refused to spend over $100 on a ring that he is never going to wear (he can't wear it with work and HATES jewellery at the best of times).

So that's my news and update for today :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day and is busy planing planing planing :)

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:47 am

i am dreading doing the OOS. I know what you mean. More computer time... blah

Kate, i know this is mean but I would suggest that maybe the BM loses a bit of weight if she's put a bit of weight on. She has like 6 weeks, no? I would say something like, "babe, you know I think you're beautiful whatever your size, and there is no way I would ever say anything, but we can't really affort to buy you a new dress. This one is only a tiny bit too small, maybe you could just eat a bit healthier for the next few weeks and it will fit." Gosh, I know that sounds horrible, but if she's a close friend, I'm sure she would be fine!

Bec it's soooo frustrating when you're waiting for stuff isn't it? I waited for 4 weeks for paper for my invites from Spotlight, only to find out they couldn't get them, so then I waited 2 weeks for my paper from ebay!! You just want to smack them over the head, but it will all work out ok!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 am

Hey Everyone!

I am still hungover, is that possible? Ick I am getting to old for this. Had a great weekend with the girls. So much fun and so much laughing. Need a break from it all so having quiet weekends leading up to the wedding. Luckily.

Just udner a month till we leave for the wedding. I am really starting to get excited now.

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 am

I'm not looking forward to finished my OOS, just have no idea what to actually put in it. The designs done and ready to print so I'm hoping our celebrant will have some ideas when we meet on Wednesday. On that note, I'm going to kill FH soon I think! :P He still hasn't found his birth certificate!! I've been hassling him for months! He's on holidays this week so I've cracked the whip and told him he has to find it. We need it to sign the intent of marriage forms on Wednesday so I've told him if he doesn't find it there's no wedding. Least not a legal one anyway.

I just don't know what to say to MOH. She's my best friend but she really just has no clue when it comes to healthy eating. She's started going for walks as of two weeks ago but that won't do anything when she's not eating right. She eats relatively healthy but just eats way to much! She lives too far away otherwise I'd keep her accountable and make sure she's exercising. Problem is, she just doesn't think she's that big so she doesn't want to lose weight, and she'd much rather blame the dressmakers for making it too small then admit she's put on weight. It's just frustrating. If it was actually the dress makers stuff up, I'd be more then happy to try and scrape something together to get a new dress but there's just not the same want to help out when she's done it to herself. Probably sounds horrible but I'm just tired. She knows I don't want to stress about the wedding so to add to it just seems a bit selfish.

I hope they can get them in Bec! That's really annoying. I had the same problem with my invite paper. I ordered it, 5 weeks later I really needed to send them so went down and got told the paper had been discontinued so that's why that hadn't called. Had to wait another two weeks for a different paper.

Erin, it'd be only about 3 weeks till you fly out now huh? I'm starting to get really excited for the rest of you girls! Not so much for me, still feel like I have way too much to do to get excited yet.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 am

Wow Kate that is a really touchy subject with your MOH...i dont envy you at all, and have no idea how you can tackle that tactfully! SURELY she would realise that the only option is for her to loose a few kilos? With 6 weeks to go, it is certainly do-able....

Mel I hope you are feeling better today, but Im glad you had a great weekend with the girls...its my hens this saturday and while Im excited, Im also quite nervous about it!

Majeen 25 days! Crazy, stupid talk! OMG!!!

Millie your sister sounds gorgoeus, and how nice are you for taking her dress shopping and buying her 2 dresses! I am sure she will look and feel beautiful..

Haha all you girls putting together OOS... I can sit here and smile and think "we arent having one!"

Nothing new wedding wise for me. Yes kate, under a month til we fly out (we leave on the 3rd of March)

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 am

Erin & Millie, you girls scared the hell out of me! You both said 6 weeks and I thought I must've be counting down wrong! It's 7 weeks and 5 days :P Not a huge difference but 6 weeks just sounds so close!

I honestly don't know what to do with MOH. She's been saying from the moment we got engaged that she'd lose weight but obviously hasn't been trying to hard. And I think she'd rather take the easy option and buy a new dress then lose it. Problem with that though is money, she'll go buy a new dress then not have it for the hair and makeup and expect me to pay for it. I'm trying not to stress, I've told her to look into the option of getting a full corset up the back as that would be cheapest so fingers crossed it's doable.

I get to pick up my wedding dress next week! So excited about it, although it's going straight to my brothers house as I'd want to wear it everyday otherwise!

Balls

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am

BM dresses! Grrr. Apparently when my sister was getting her fitting done, the dress was sitting too low on her back and the lady did the hem while it was sitting there. So now the back of my sisters dress is below her shoulder blades because it's a chiffon skirt and the lady had already cut the material off. Also, none of the girls thought to get a picture of the dress for me so I still have no idea what they look like but apparently neither of my sisters like the colour. Which kinda bothers me and kinda doesn't because they're not fans of green in general.

The paper I need to finish everything is still not in either so I haven't been doing anything really.

In happy news, we did our final budget last night and worked out we have about 300 dollars spare which is suprising because I was wondering if we were going to be able it all off. So yay, shopping :lol:

Mel and Kate I'm glad to hear you both had a good time at your hens and bridal shower!

Millie that was so nice of you to get her both dresses. I hope she feels gorgeous in one of them!

Majeen, it's so close now! You must be so excited! I can't wait to see photos, your dress is amazing :heart:

It's FHs bucks night this weekend. I feel abit bad because I had to take over abit. They're going out to paintball at 7 in the morning and won't be back until about 5 at night and then planned to travel an hour and a half into the city for the night. A few people declined because it was too much time/money so I made them change it to going out on the coast after paintball so no has to stay in a hotel and they can go home when they want to. FH prefers the new plans because he's tired on the weekends from work anyway but FBIL is a little annoyed I think. Tough luck for him.

I have my hens night next weekend as well, I'm abit excited...but the best news is...
My FSIL whom we all adore is coming back from canada for our wedding! We didn't think she would be able to afford it but she told us the other day she'll be here yay! We can't wait to see her :mrgreen:

beckstar2012

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Great news about the budget Jessie-that must be a huge weight off your shoulders! I can't believe that none of your BMS thought to take a photo of their dresses. Hopefully they look ok!

So I have been sitting at work this morning re-thinking my table decorations...originally I was going to have round mirrors on the tables with 4 tealight diamond crystal candle holders around a tall skinny vase with a single singapore orchid (filled with water so the singapore orchid looks like it is floating). Well I have been looking for some more tealight candle holders and the cheapest I can find them is $20 for 4! I have 25 which I got for a bargain from someone at work ($40 including 16 round mirrors) but need another 15 at least. I have 2 of my BMs checking out the reject shop for me today so maybe i might be able to pick up some cheaper ones from there. If not, I think I might order some plain glass round ones from Ikea as it is going to be a lot cheaper and re-sell the diamond ones.

As for the actual vase itself I am re-thinking that too! I don't know whether it is going to be too plain and boring (plus I am having trouble locating 12 cylindar vases, even online!) so now I am thinking maybe of having fishbowl vases with the Singapore Orchids twisted around the inside...kind of like this (hopefully this works).

Oh I don't know...this is probably one of the things I am having trouble with as I find it really difficult picturing it all coming together and I don't want to create any unnecessary work. I really don't want to spend a whole lot of money and it's all adding up quite quickly!

Sorry for my ramblings today...I was awake all night thinking of everything that needs to be done and table decorations was my biggest thing.

What do you ladies think? Should I stick to my original plan with the long vases or should I go with the fishbowl look??

Balls

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:40 pm

I like the idea of the talls ones! But either would work just as well. Which do you prefer? If you prefer the tall ones, I'd wait one more week and then ditch the idea and go for the fish bowls. The fish bowls will be easy enough to source.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19