A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: March 2012

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 am

love it Kate.
I think it's beautiful stories. those are the sorts of stories that need to be told. I think I'm going to download and have a listen to some of those songs!
Oh, btw, we are having 'marry you' by Bruno too but we're having it just before the powderfinger song. i was going to walk down the isle to it but thought same thing- not quite romantic enough and some people wouldn't 'get it'.
FH loves it

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:28 am

That is a really great idea Millie I love.

Im a massive fan of music sigh

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm

according to my good friend who got married 2 weeks ago i'm having the 6 week pre wedding meltdown.

after being cool calm and collected i think i have started to fall apart! last night i had my first wedding nightmare! i dreamt that the dj didn't show up and so my dad decided he could do the music from his ipod yet he kept walking away and not coming back until way after each song finished, and our rings were massive and were tungsten not white gold and looked really silly next to my e ring and FH was so thin and a funny colour...like he was a corpse....and all day i've just felt stressed.

i just feel so eugh right now. all i worry about is that the food will be crap (which i know isn't true cause we had our menu tasting last weekend and it was amazing) and the centrepieces will look stupid, and my hair will drop and i'm fat..and i cant find shoes i like and the invites still aren't printed and......well i could go on forever!

breathe...ok i think i feel better now.

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Hugs Brys! It's so hard not to get stressed and silly nightmares don't help.
I'm so worried about something going wrong on the day after all these nightmares I've been having. Our celebrant mentioned last night that one groom only had one job and that was to take the rings and he forgot them! So last night dreamt that FH forgot them and we ended up using bubble gum rings that my FG had!
You'll get there though, things fall into place the sooner it comes, I think we just stress because they don't fall into place when we'd like.

I've actually almost finished writing out entire ceremony today! The celebrant gave us a few examples last night and I don't like any of them :( FH wasn't a big fan either, they just seem like something you'd expect for someone in their 50s getting married. There's little bits we liked though, the celebrant wrote a really nice blessing to have at the end so we're keeping that but most of it I've had to do from scratch. Surprisingly not as stressful as I though but just hoping it's ok and FH actually likes it.

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:24 pm

i wrote out our ceremony and when FH read it he said 'the readings are a bit religious aren't they'...um yes sweetheart it is a catholic ceremony after all. we are meeting with our priest on saturday and will go over it and finalise the details and then do the legal paperwork...eek!!!

how funny we've both dreamt about wedding rings. the stress about the wedding rings remind me of the scene in 4 weddings and a funeral where hugh grant forgets the rings and they get married using the huge skull ring and bright coloured plastic heart. haha!!

i really shouldn't stress. its not like it solves anything.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Our computer has buggered up! Do not need this right now, it has all my wedding stuff on there! Hoping ffil who is a computer engineer can fix it.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Ladies

Brys I know exactly you are feeling..Its stressful isnt it! *hugs* to you..I hope everyone realises that all the planning we have done until now will ensure that everything will run smoothly..and IF something happens, its not through lack of planning..it's just horrible luck...Stupid dreams dont help though, do they :x

Kate your hangers look great! You BMs will love them as gifts! Good work, I am no where near crafty enough to try that on my own

Jessie I hope your computer is fixable!

Balls

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Me too! I still need to make our menus and seating chart. Sorry for not catching up ladies, its too hard on my phone but gbhs to everyone who needs them!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Aww, Jessie, fingers crossed FFIL can do something!

I finished our ceremony so just about to email it off to the celebrant to check it's ok. Biggest surprise though, there's was only one minor change FH wanted. Stupidly put "law in Australia" instead of "law of Australia". He did mention the vows sounded a bit less soppy then he was expecting but he still likes them. I think he's just used to me being really soppy but it's quite hard to do so when you're trying to write them for two people. FH wanted us to both have the same vows.

Finally had some good news with the BM dresses, kind of. My sister can get hers altered but it's $100, it only needs the hem taken up!! Insanely expensive but at least I know it can be done so hopefully that means my cousins can be done as well. The big problem is after another two seamstresses today, MOH is being told there's not enough material in her dress to let it out to the size she needs! Only option is having a corset down the back without a modesty panel but I've told her not happening. I know it would save having to find new dresses but I'm not a fan of no modesty panel even for someone my size. I don't really like the idea of the girls having different length dress so I guess we'll see.

Just so glad that I feel like I'm finally ticking things off my list!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm having a major stress out now. Decided there were too many 'little jobs' that I had to do and so just tried to write them all down. Well my list is about 100 things long! I said to fh who is lying on the sofa 'we still have a tonn of jobs to do' he said ok read them out. Great I thought, so I started reading them out 'that's you, that's you, that's you' he said to every frigging job!! WTF?! So what's your job buddy. I get that some things I'll do but things like get the rings engraved? It's not like he's doing the engraving and he chose what was written!! Nope, apparently that's me too.
I'm feeling very stressed because of the long to do list. I'm having my laser eye surgery tomorrow which is very scary and I don't know when I'll get the time for this! Also my car was written off in the storms on Christmas day and will be taken off me in a week or so so I have to buy a new car!!!!vent over :(

darkphoenix

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 am

Millie, start delegating! FH was probably just teasing you, doesn't make it any less frustrating but I'm sure if you asked (or cracked the whip) he'd do stuff. Is there anyone else that can help? I've got my mum doing a few things and my aunt and MOH are coming over for a craft day soon to help with the rest of the DIY stuff.
Biggest thing I did to help was divide things up over the days I've got left, it worked out to a couple things every two or three days and having a date beside it helped, if I had one little thing like finding tie material, I'd quite often do something extra as well and then feel great as I was ahead of the list.

I hope you get your car fixed! I'm still waiting on ours to be fixed, FH keeps forgettting to change the tyre that was punctured in the accident so can't drive it down yet. Just so annoyed with him as he's been saying he'll do it for weeks. Thinking of biting the bullet and changing the bloody thing myself although it still means Monday before we can do a thing.

It's not a huge vent, but I want my pre-wedding photos back. I know it was only last Wednesday but I'm just being impatient. I really want to see them and it's disheartening to go to his website every day and see they're still not there.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 am

MIllie thats ridiculous! I assume you know when he is joking, and this time he wasnt...If I was you, I would write down all the things on the list that he can do and hand them to him...tell him you need his help or else things just arent going to get done at all...maybe then he will realise?
Last edited by Hawaiian Wedding on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 am

I did the same thing, Gave FH a list. But he also saw mine and went through it saying which other thing he could also pick up. You have to force them I reckon.

darkphoenix

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

I gave up asking FH to do things, he'd do a half assed job or just take forever. I think I'm just a touch too pedantic as well, he's happy to help with the things he needed to, like picking his ring and suit and learning how to dance but that's where it stops. He keeps telling me that I'm so organized and I have a talent for this kind of thing so he doesn't want to screw it up.

I'm so happy today! FH's boss was invited to the wedding more as a courtesy thing and we hadn't had too many problems with them when the invites went out. After the way he spoke to me last week though, I put my foot down, even if they RSVPd yes I was going to tell them they're no longer welcome. But they left on Monday for Bali and the mail arrived today with no RSVP from them, if they posted it before they left it would have arrived and they get back the day after the RSVP date! So I have the excuse of sorry, numbers have already been confirmed, they don't need to know I gave myself two weeks to follow up RSVPs before the venue needs to know. Just a huge relief, sounds horrible but the guy smokes and drinks like you wouldn't believe and would have done nothing but complain because he had to pay for his own drinks before eventually getting that loud and drunk.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Ha ha fh must have taken the hint because today he asked me for my passport- I assume to organise visas- one of the things on the list I read him last night!

I had my laser surgery this morning!!!! My eyes are still recovering- I haven't had the chance to check them out as I'm light sensitive and tired so keep needing naps. But yay. No glasses for me on wedding day!

Kate I'm glad they don't have to come. Nothing worse than having people u don't like at the weddding!

Balls

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Just a quick update, I'm still computerless! We might be getting a stretch limo for the day from ny beauty therapist whose husband owns it. She's also letting us pay after the wedding which is a giant help but the best news is we are expecting our second bubba! Very unexpected! We were actually being super careful because I wanted to go back to work after the wedding but I guess we're just super fertile! I can't tell anyone yet because its still early days but I'm too excited to keep it to myself :D :D

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 pm

JessieK wrote:
Just a quick update, I'm still computerless! We might be getting a stretch limo for the day from ny beauty therapist whose husband owns it. She's also letting us pay after the wedding which is a giant help but the best news is we are expecting our second bubba! Very unexpected! We were actually being super careful because I wanted to go back to work after the wedding but I guess we're just super fertile! I can't tell anyone yet because its still early days but I'm too excited to keep it to myself :D :D

SQUEEE!!!!

darkphoenix

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Eee! Congratulations !!! How exciting! So happy for you!

Balls

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks ladies! It has been a massive week for us! Good news at last though. And this time I have etsy for super cute baby stuff!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

OMG Jessie thats amazing news!!! So very happy for you! You seem very excited which is great! YYYAAAAYYY!!!! :bdance:

I almost forgot to reply to anything else! Kate thats great news that FH's boss hasnt RSVP'd yet...too late! You can't come :D
Millie I HOPE FH is getting his butt into hear and organising things!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46