A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Re: March 2012

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh Kate it sounds like she isnt going to step down on her own accord. Do you think that if you literally tell her that she isnt particiapting like you expected (and need her to!) she will pull her socks up and make more of an effort? It seems like you have already at least hinted that...hmm

Millie 94 guests at a wedding is heaps! It does sound like your pregnant friend is lovely and really intends on making an effort to get to the ceremony. I hope she can make it for your sake :roll:

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

Woah a lot of forum action over the weekend

Jessie - Yaaaaaaay, congrats! I am so happy for you!! Just made my day to hear this.

Kate - Oh you poor girl, I totally get how you feel but your FH is probably counting his blessings with every extra second that he gets to spend with you and that is how i would see it. As for you MOH, seriously, I dont really get it, some girls dont get the idea that its not really about them but about them supporting and helping you. Grrr I hope it gets sorted this Wednesday

Millie - how sad to hear that about your nana. GHb to you.

Erin - I love your hens night photos, and that dude has a super smoking bod!

Ummm found out FH had an actual anxiety attack at work about the wedding the other day about his speech lol. He feels so much better now that he has started working on it. Im making my place cards and Tables numbers etc today, i didnt realise just how expensive paper was! oh well just another cost to add to the list.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:58 am

Holy Smokes, its now on the under a month countdown. I feel sick.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 am

Oh Mel, I hope FH realises that no one has major expectations on his for the speech...just a quick thank you will do if he is really stressing about it.

Under a month to go! Scary, but oh so exciting isnt it! Can you please post a pic of your placecards and table numbers when you get a second?

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 am

Fh and I are doing our speech together. I think he really wants to give one, but he hates public speaking. He did a great job as best man at his mate's wedding so I think he'll be just fine. He made me do our engagement speech though.
I don't mind public speaking. I'm a teacher :D

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

Still no pc and its annoying to type on my phone so I'm reading but not replying much! Kate, you're an angel, thanks so much for the paper! Let me know if you need more for postage! Sorry to hear about your bm troubles, I hope she sorts herself out for you soon! Erin, it looks like you had a great hens! I can't wait until my computers fixed so I can see the photos properly. Sexy waiter! Thanks mellybean! Is be enjoying it a lot more if it weren't for morning sickness! Looks like its going to be a repeat of the first bubba! Being sick I can deal with but the non stop nausea is abit off putting! That's the only time ill complain though because it really is a blessing. Trying to convince FMIL to let me use her laptop so I can print out my menus and seating chart. It's my first fitting this Thursday and hens on sat! Not sure how to tackle that, my friends will be egging me on to drink all night.

beckstar2012
I survived and got married

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 am

How beautiful is your FH Kate? I can’t believe he re-proposed to you. You have snagged yourself a good one there. Glad to hear that everything is ok and you are feeling better now.

In regards to your MOH Kate, I really don’t know how to handle that one, especially if she won’t step down on her own accord. I don’t know how she can expect you to fork out all this extra money, that is really harsh and she should not be putting you under that kind of pressure. If she is your MOH she should be the person who is the most understanding about your illness and support you in having the best time, even if you can’t last until 4am. I really hope she picks up her act and if things don’t improve this week I would definitely think about asking her to step down. How do you think she will react if you told her you didn’t want her to be MOH anymore. Would you like to have her in the bridal party still or would you ask her to step down completely?

Jessie-how are you feeling? Are you going to tell anyone before the wedding? Eekk, it would be hard not to tell anyone especially when you have your hens next weekend!! I am so excited for you though!

Erin it looks like you had a fantastic time at your hens on the weekend! I love the topless waiters 

Millie-I am sorry to hear about your Gran. We have about the same number attending our wedding, it is a lot of people but I am thinking the same thing as you and they are the people most important to us and they will all have a great time.

AFM-I had my kitchen tea and hens over the weekend and had an absolute ball! It was so much fun and my MOH and 2 bridesmaids did a fantastic job. It started on the Friday night when a couple of girlfriends came over and we had a big chat session with a few champagnes. Saturday morning I had my hair trial (another story for later) and then went to my kitchen tea. We played some great games and I think everyone had such a fun time. My MOH organised for everyone to bring me a tea cup (I was a bit funny about this idea as I don’t really drink tea or coffee and I really have no idea where I am going to put them-I will need to buy a new cabinet or something for them) but honestly I got so spoilt. Some people gave me teacups that had been handed down for generations, some got me brand new ones and I love that there is a special story behind each one. I also got a kids tea party set from my mum and aunties as they knew I didn’t really want all these tea cups LOL! Saturday night was hilarious. We went for a beautiful dinner and then spent the night dancing. The girls dresses me up in a little black dress and had pink and black little aprons made for us to wear with our names and Bride to Be on them (MOH and BMS also had one). They also had a veil, beads, a learners badge and of course a “wand”. I will try and upload a photo when I get home from work. I had dares that I had to do during the night and I think I completed most of them.

I also had my hair trial on Saturday morning thinking that I would have pretty hair for Saturday afternoon/night but I ended up coming straight home and taking it out  I was really disappointed with how the front of it looked as it really just looked like my every day hair the back if it was perfect and I loved it. I didn’t speak up to my hairdresser though at the time and my girls got really angry at me. I have more of an idea now of exactly what I want the front to look like so when I go back to my hairdresser next weekend for colouring I will talk to her then.

I can’t believe we are under a month now girls. I am starting to have minor freak outs every day now but I know I just need to be a bit more organised. We are meeting with our function manager tonight for the first time so that is good. One thing we really need to cross off our list this week is music for the ceremony. It is one thing we haven’t done yet. I also need to confirm the flowers with the florist. I still haven’t been able to find vases for our centrepieces so I really don’t know what I am going to do if they can’t get them in for me.

How is everyone else going with their plans? Are you all having minor (or major) freak outs as well?

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 am

Mel, poor FH! I agree with Erin, tell him to keep it short and sweet, just a thankyou really, or make sure he has a couple of drinks first :P
I'm stressing about the speeches too :( I've got my speech all written out but I hate being up in front of people, I'm nervous about having to talk during the ceremony and that's when people will be watching both FH and I so I hate the idea of all eyes just on me. And I'm nervous about FH's speech, he hasn't started writing it yet which isn't a problem, I'm just more so stressed about what he'll say! He can be quite embarrassing at times without realizing so hoping he doesn't make me want to crawl under the table.

I'm starting to get nervous now that most your tickers are under a month! I know it won't be long until mines there :( And there's still so much to do!

Beck, biggest problem with MOH is I'm worried she'll not talk to me again if I ask her to step down. She's been my best friend for years and her little boy is my godson, I absolutely love the little tike so I hate the idea of not being able to see him again. I'd love her to be there with me on the day but it's just so hard when she's being like this. I can't really deal with any other dramas, everyone in my family and FH is telling me to drop her. I just really don't want to upset her but I just can't deal with the added stress. It's at the point where I'd ask FSIL in a heartbeat if I could and I've only met her once! I just know she'll be excited and easy to deal with but I guess we'll see how Wednesday goes.

On a plus note though, I've had a minor breakthrough with the BM dresses if worst comes to worst. I was in at forever new yesterday and found some dresses in teal, and there's a good chance they'll wear them again. I've even offered to buy my cousins or my sisters if they won't wear it again as I love it. They're a touch more expensive then I wanted, $120 but it's not crazy. I've offered to go halves with my sister and cousin on theirs, I know I probably should with MOH but she still hasn't paid me back for the first dress so if I never see that it will be more then half I've put towards hers. So at least if I can't find anything cheaper come Wednesday I won't be stuck. Here's a photo of the dress anyway.

beckstar2012

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart: the dress Kate!

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I got our pre-wedding photos back!!! I've been dying to get them and I'm so happy with them! Even with the rain they've turned out great. Although it has made me realize I definitely need another hair trial, I really don't like how big it looks in the photos. I thought I'd share some of my favourite photos, sorry for the photo overload but it's just so hard to choose! Now the hard part is trying to decide which to use on the day.

Balls

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Ohh I can see them! They're gorgeous photos Kate, very elegant! You must be so happy with them!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Kate I love those photos, and I really love your hair too! You must be so excited with them! Good luck with the chat with your MOH. I really feel for you. I really can't believe her expectations for YOUR hens have you all out til 4am! I just made midnight and I was happy with that! Im nearly 32 and my ability to go that late died years ago! Considering most Hens start mid afternoon (mine was 3pm), this girl is crazy! Those new dresses at Forever New are gorgeous! I want one! I really should visit my local store :wink:

Beckstar your kitchen tea sounds like fun! What a great idea for everyone to bring you a tea cup! I love it! Glad you had a great weekend :-)

Jessie I hope you are feelin better soon (Although by the sounds of it, your nausea lasted a fair while last time)...as you said thuogh, it really is a blessing - what a great attitude to have when you arent feeling well. :D You are going to have to tell someone at your hens...someone who can help you 'fake' your drinks throughout the night.... you may need to brush up on your acting skills too if you dont want to tell everyone....you may need to act just a little tipsy! haha cant wait to hear how this goes!

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks girls :) I'm pretty stoked with them, between the rain and FH not photographing that well I was a touch worried. It's great to have some nice photos of the two of us, a rarity. I'm excited to see what he'll do with the wedding photos. My hair is seriously frustrating me though! Everyone loves it but I'm not completely sold so I think I need to have another trial.
I'm only 22 and my ability to stay out that late died years ago! I think I've been to a whole of 3 clubs in my life and I was lucky to see midnight. If it was MOH's birthday or hens night, I'd suck it up as that's what she enjoys so just think it's a bit rich to expect me to suck it up and deal with someone I don't enjoy for mine. She seemed to be a little better on the phone today, told me she should be able to afford her hair and makeup but she's still saying she shouldn't have to buy a new dress as it was the company that stuffed up the first one. I double checked the measurements she gave me against the dress and the dress is a couple cms bigger then we asked for! So I guess we'll see come Wednesday.
I've actually started to find Forever New is getting quite overpriced. I hate the idea of spending over $100 on one dress! They do have that same dress in black for $80, totally would have snapped up the teal ones if they were the same price.

It's not exactly wedding related, more after wedding but my mother is completely crazy! She mentioned today she's bought a whole heap of baby stuff for me! I'm the first of us kids getting married so I'll be the first to have kids (according to mum) so she needs to start preparing so she can spoil the little tyke. And to make it worse, she's buying for twins!!! She founds out from FMIL that twins and triplets run in their family and twins run on my side so she's figuring it's almost certain. I'm kind of thinking just let me get past the wedding first!

beckstar2012

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am

Kate your photos are absolutely amazing! You should be so happy with them.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 am

OMG Kate your mum is crazy! She must be sooo excited at the idea of babies that she can't help herself!! Tell her to slow down, one step at a time! Are any of your siblings close to wanting a baby? haha I am the last in my immediate family to get married, and my twin sister already has 2 children, so no pressure for me, even though my mum would LOVE to see some more grandkids...FH's mum does not have any grandchildren and told us years ago that we need to "stop treating our dog like a child and have a baby!" .... if we are lucky enough to have children I think the grandparents will be stoked! Haha they are not buying things in preperation for it though... :?

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am

Happy Valentines Day ladies - I hope you all get spoilt :heart:

What am I doing for valentines day? Working until 10pm :(

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

I know! I told her that and she's given the excuse of better to be prepared then have to find a heap of money at once when it finally happens. I figure once we start trying I'll start stocking up on things so I don't have to rush out and buy everything the months before it's born but until then, it's a bit crazy! My brother and sister aren't getting married till next year so unless there's any unplanned ones, they won't be having kids anytime soon so as far as mum sees it, I'm the first one in line!

We finally picked our menu! We had a fair idea but we were stuck on the canapes, everything seemed to be spicy or seafood. The lovely new lady allowed us to pick off menu though! They have a separate functions menu with completely different canapes that are a thousand times better so I'm pretty happy with it. Yet another thing ticked off the list!

Happy Valentines to you too Erin! That sucks that you have to work so late but you never know, might give FH more of a chance to have something waiting for you at home.

beckstar2012

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 am

Happy Valentines Day girls! FH and I don't do valentines day so nothing exciting happening here today. Can't believe you have to work until 10pm tonight Erin, that sucks!

FH and I met with the functions manager last night and went through the timeline and picked our menu too. We had a similar situation to you Kate in that our funciton manager let us pick a main and a dessert off another menu. The chicken dish on the entree and main both had mushroom bases and although I love mushrooms I think having them for main and entree would be a bit much so we got to pick another chicken dish off another menu and then I mentioned that there was no chocolate dessert on the manu we had to pick from and the lady told us to pick one off the more expensive menu so we were stoked. I feel like we are finally getting ontop of things.

One of my biggest concerns is are we going to have enough money to pay for everything!! It is really stressing me out at the moment :(

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 pm

I know that feeling Beck! We still don't know if mum and dad have the money for the reception so we've got to come up with $6000 if they can't! We're struggling to pay for everything else. I'm trying not to stress, but silly things like FH's ring and my dress are still on layby and I don't know how I'll afford them. It'll all come together but it's just stressful.

Balls

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 pm

I know how you ladies feel! It's a huge stress to wonder how it's all going to get paid for.

Erin, you're keeping us all safe on valentines day! Awww :D

Kate let her buy you baby stuff haha. She sounds cute. My family seems to be a baby factory so we've never had anyone desperate for grandbabies! FMIL went abit nuts when we were expecting DS and bought his car seat for us and his bassinette and a few other things but she has held it against us ever since even though we never ever asked for anything so we'll be politely declining any "help" this time.

FH snuck me some flowers home last night and he got me flowers a few weeks ago for our anniversary! I'm stunned, for six years I've been dropping hints about how much I love flowers and he has never gotten me any before! So I said he's either getting better at understanding my hints or he's having an affair and feeling guilty haha. Going to check out all your S&Ts now to catch up!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11