A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

reen

Re: March 2012

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi, Haven't posted much on here before but love reading all your wedding news!

Our wedding is on the 17th Ceremony at the local Catholic Church then our Reception is at an old homestead type venue. Its very rustic...an old hall which opens up into a beautiful courtyard covered in vines. Its lovely and simple but very 'us!' My most exciting planning news lately is creating our lolly buffet! I'm so excited (like a little kid ha ha!). Also counting the days till I can pick up my dress...not until the 25th of Feb from Brides of Melbourne. I havent seen it since August last year so I am hoping I'm still as in love with it!! HAd my Hair and makeup trial yesterday. My hairdresser is also my future SIL and I loved it ! Kind of taylor swift inspired (she has beautiful hair). Wasn't really happy with my makeup trial. It looked ok but not really me...too dark and smoky round the eyes. So am going to have another one I think. My sister said "they'll be able to fix it on the day if you dont want another trial" but I think I'll feel much more comfortable if I get another trial before the big day!

Matt and I both have big families (7 siblings + partners between us!) and the question I am hearing most is "Can I help with anything??" I know people mean well but it is hard to answer the same questions a million times!! (Rant over ha ha!!)

Less than five weeks away for me!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Welcome Reen! - I love the sound of everything so far!

Erin- Il put up pics once I've done all I have done it print it out still have to cut everything and stick it together, they better look alright lol.

Happy Valentines Day everyone. I have a great arvo planned, dog walk (FH and I love this time we spend everyday, just the too of us and our fur babies spending some QT together), dance lesson, and dinner at our favourite restaurant!

reen

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks KiwiMelH! Sounds like a lovely Valentines Day! We dont have anything panned atm, FH is on call all week so hard to organise something solid in case he has a job! Doesn't really worry me though, never been big into VDay :) Maybe just tea out somewhere tho hopefully!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Welcome Reen! Your plans sound lovely! How exciting, only another 11 days till you get to pick up your dress! Mine's only been on layby for about a month now and that's been to long without seeing it for me :)
I know what you mean about big families. I'm only one of 3 but FH is one of 9! Plus they all have partners so we're constantly being asked if we need help! I kind of want it to be a surprise but it feels a bit rude saying no constantly.

Hahah, I'm sure he's just started to understand your hints Jessie. Guys don't seem to do subtle and it takes them forever to finally catch onto it.
We were thinking just a movie and dinner at the Coffee Club tonight but there's nothing really on at the movies so left it up to FH. I just got a txt telling me to dress, the hair, the makeup, the whole shebang as we're going out tonight so that's kind of exciting. Since FH proposed I think we've been out to dinner twice, once just cause, the other time for our anniversary so it'll be be nice.

And I have to share, I'm just really excited! FH has told me after we get back from Kokoda we can get a puppy!! He's said no to dogs from day one so it's out of the blue. He did say we could get one straight after the wedding but I figured with Kokoda only another 8 weeks after that it might be a bit cruel leaving a puppy alone for two weeks so I'm happy to wait and it gives us time to save up. Unfortunately the dogs I want are expensive!

beckstar2012

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Welcome Reen! Your plans sound beautiful. Can't wait to hear more.

How exciting about your night out Kate! I wonder where your FH is going to take you. AWWWW a puppy...how exciting! What kind of puppy do you want to get?

beckstar2012

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh I forgot to ask, for those of you who are having a Catholic Ceremony...what music/songs are you having during your service?? We are really struggling to find things at the moment and I thought before I post a new thread I would ask in here first :)

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 pm

It's a toss up between a bulldog and husky, I hate big dogs but FH really loves huskys. Thinking I might be ok with it if it starts as a puppy and I have it growing up but we'll see.

I might be able to help Beck, I've played the piano for a good half dozen or more Catholic ceremonys. Couple of questions first though, are you having a piano or organ (some songs don't work as well with violin as they don on piano)? Are you wanting to stick to really traditional or a bit more modern? And is it a full mass ceremony?
Big one that I've played at every catholic ceremony is Ave Maria, I think the last one had the grandparents and mothers walking up the aisle to that one.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Wee, I got the paper today, it's exactly what I needed! Thanks so much, Kate, you're an absolute angel! Tell your FH he did a very good job with the sticky tape haha, took me awhile to open it!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I work at a Catholic school and there is one song that we sing there and that one of the other teachers walked down the isle to- it's called 'Thy Word' but don't know who it's by. Very nice lyrics though.

I love your plans Reen. My dress is from Brides of Melbourne too. I get mine the week before the wedding! But I wanted to leave it there as long as possible.

I'm completely freaked about how we are going to pay for the wedding too!!

I know I've been planning for such a long time and had a good idea for such a long time but I still keep thinking have we gone over budget- will we be ok? It's so stupid. I know we can afford to pay whatever happens because we have savings but I just don't want to touch the house savings.

FH and I were talking seriously about our finances tonight. It's all come becuase I've been looking to replace my car with a one a bit more expensive, in the thoughts that it's a car for our future, next ten years etc etc but It's about $8000 more. I don't want to go into debt again but FH thinks we should get the more expensive model. He's the spender and I'm the saver in our relationship.

But we're still renting and $8000 is a lot when you're trying to save for a house, plus I just spent a bundle having my laser eye surgery so that's playing on my mind too.... EUGH! I hate thinking about money. I just want a nice house, a nice car and a good job.....

Oh yeah... and hopefully soon a baby. Just can't afford it all at the same time!!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Reen!

Money Money Money - It all seems to be coming down to this doesn't it :( Yes, things are on the tight side in our household too..can't wait til it is over and we can forget about these major expenses that just keep coming our way at the moment! (Our gas and water bills came this weeks too..grrr...) It is a major stress for us too... we have had no input from our parents, so on top of the mortgage, its not easy :|

3 weeks today!!! :bdance: This time in 3 weeks time I will be married!!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 am

My car rego is due 3 days before our wedding which isn't too bad as we save for it during the year but we didn't plan on the $400 bill for it to pass the pink slip! We were meant to buy a new car last year but were saving for the wedding so as soon as we are back from honeymoon we are getting a loan and a new car!

Balls

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 am

Sucks, doesn't it ladies!

FH had a little car accident last week so now we need to pay the 1400 excess to lodge our claim and our car's probably a write off anyways because it wasn't worth that much. We'll have to buy a new car after the wedding and our insurance is due in april and it's going to go right up. Oh well, that's something to worry about in april haha.

I'm having abit of a dilema with seating. One of the tables only has five people at it which would be fine except that 3 of them are going to leave an hour and a half into the reception which would leave only two people sitting there! I can move the other two people but these guys all know each other and only each other really so I was hoping to keep them together as long as possible.

Going in for my first dress fitting tomorrow followed by another spray tan trial and my hens night on saturday!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 am

Jessie can you redo the seating so that this small table of 5 has people on it who are going to stay the whole night? Then put these people that are leaving, and the 2 of their friends that are staying on a larger table, so when the 3 leave, the 2 arent left alone?

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 am

Talk about Bills!

My rego, our rates and my student loan payment are all due at the end of this month.

Its taken about 3000 out of our spending money. Which sucks big time! But just somethign that we have to deal with isn't it. Funny how everything comes at the same time though.

Ohh yeah Jessie I would def bough a few more people on that table.

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I just got my rego today too :( We'd been saving for it but for whatever reason I thought it was due in April, it's actually the first week of next month!
And I've got over $1000 in medical bills due the week before the wedding so it will prove interesting for us! I think we'll be ok, we'd budgeted for the extra expenses but it's still tight.

I found BM dresses today!!! So happy and relieved but just wishing I'd found them in the first place! We'd been to this store before we decided to order online and they had nothing, most their dresses last time were short and the only greens they had were mint. But oh well, we'll put the other dresses on ebay and make back at least some of the money. We got a bargain with the ones today, $110 each and they're full length so I'm really happy! And there's photos of course. I put a couple more in my S&T, didn't want to overload here :)

Balls

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:07 pm

I feel very productive today! Almost finished the menus and place cards. Only have two more people to chase up for RSVPs not including my uncle who is sick so I'm not going to find out til the last minute if he can come or not. Budget is firmly in place.

Only things left to pay for are
-The cake
-The rest of FHs suit
-Hair which will paid on the day
-Alterations for my dress which I will pay tomorrow
-Reception but I have most of it together and I have until the week before to pay for. Phew!

I want to get my last bits of DIY out of the way so I can concentrate on stuff like the timing, co-ordinating with everyone, cleaning my house! Haha we have so many people staying here the week before it's nuts. I have enjoyed watching FMIL be annoyed that I haven't had it spotless by the time she comes home though. I'm very spiteful when it comes to her :twisted: Plus now she HAS to cook dinner because the smell of food cooking is enough to make me be sick all over everyones dinner bwahaha. Oh god, I'm terrible.

How is everyone else doing?

Balls

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Gorgeous dresses, Kate! Definitely a bargain! Is MOH okay with the cost?

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 pm

I told FH he's getting ready somewhere else so I don't have to worry about keeping the house spotless while madly trying to do all the last minute stuff the week before the wedding. Thankfully his brother was ok with that so it's one less thing!

MOH thankfully said she was ok with the cost. She did play up the whole guilt trip though about not paying me this payday. She said she could but she desperately needed tyres but if I really wanted her to risk it then that was ok. I did tell her as long as I have the money the following pay as I need it to pay for the flowers then that's fine, tyres should be a priority. She did seem ok so hopefully there won't be a problem. She even mentioned something about possibly putting away $40 a week until the wedding so that should cover the dress and her hair!

I just wanted to pick some brains here, I met with my florist this afternoon and it's left me a touch concerned. She works with my mum so flowers are only a part time thing she does as a hobby but she's been doing it for 4 years so I'm sure she knows what she's doing. She mentioned she'd pick up the flowers the Monday before the wedding! I'm just really concerned at how they're going to look a whole 5 days later. Does that seem like a normal thing or should I ask her if she could pick them up a bit closer to the day?

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

kate i love the Bm dresses you got they are great. And as for flowers. I have no idea but I would have thought she would get them closer to the day but who knows.

I finished all of my place cards last night with the help of FH

Im going to do the table numbers this weekend.

Then take my Seating Chart and the Thank You signs that we want larger down to Office Works to get printed for us.

I also what to find a little pocket book sized "how to be a good wife" book if it even exists.

Im a book nerd and there are so many photos of me in random places reading books, even in the middle of the raucousness of Octoberfest, someone snapped a pic of me, holding a stein in one hand and reading my German phrase book in another.

SO I would love to get a photo of myself and my bridesmaids with me and my head in that book. Speaking of which I need to get some photos inspirations together of shots I love.

Balls

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm

There's a book called "How to kill your husband (and other handy household hints)" maybe that one haha. I can send you a copy if you like!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19