A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: April 2012

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

this week is definitely going to fly by, especially when your family arrive!

I am sure that the weather will not be as bad as they are predicting :)

This week is my last week of work and I am desperate for it to fly by for me!! I am already in "holiday mode" and simply cannot wait to be able to focus on my wedding stuff full time! :)

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 pm

I know how that feels! I felt the same last week and it didn't help that FH was already on leave at the time.

I have a question for all you ladies.. who usually holds your luggage during the reception so that you can quickly take the bag and leave for the hotel during the wedding night? We're staying at different places the night before and night of so we won't be checking into the hotel until after the reception is over. Someone has to keep our luggage won't they? :? How does it work?

LadyLisa
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:44 am

:|
bryaneunice wrote:
I know how that feels! I felt the same last week and it didn't help that FH was already on leave at the time.

I have a question for all you ladies.. who usually holds your luggage during the reception so that you can quickly take the bag and leave for the hotel during the wedding night? We're staying at different places the night before and night of so we won't be checking into the hotel until after the reception is over. Someone has to keep our luggage won't they? :? How does it work?

We had a private suite at the reception so kept bags there and reception loaded all the stuff from the room into the taxi when it arrived. before recptn we left it in the cars.

My advice for the day: make sure you go off alone for five mins with two glasses of champagne. Take it all in together as it goes so fast. We had a little chat/kiss/cuddle in the garden.

Good luck.xxo

shellfisch
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm

I got married on Saturday 14th in Brisbane
It rained off and on over lunch til 2.30. Heavy showers during my hair and makeup and while putting dress on.
The rain stopped just before we left for ceremony and weather couldn't have been more perfect.
The morning of wedding it was up to my husband to change any plans and I know he had some stressful moments.
But On the morning I had decided I didn't care if I walked down the aisle in rain - I just wanted to get married.

Do not look at the weather the week before. I only checked a couple of times and it changed so much.
I spent the week so busy and stressed including the night before. All I want to do now is go back and enjoy it(now I know how well it went!!)

I felt so lost on the morning of the wedding as there was no organising left. Enjoy it!

Oh and take a breath and enjoy the ceremony, it goes way too fast. That was one thing I didn't expect!

PS we had hired umbrellas as well and never used them but it was worth the ease of mind!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Good luck to my fellow brides tomorrow. May you all have the most wonderful wedding day :heart: :heart: :heart:

PiPivanot

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank you TasKaz, we just got married yesterday. Watching the weather a lot, but luckily the rain shifted from ~Saturday 3pm to ending up being after midnight on Saturday.

Someone just messaged me a photo of it, cant wait for the proper ones to come in! :)

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Stunning dress with your beautiful dark hair :heart: :heart: :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04