A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Re: April 2012

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Hey Lisa, I was just thinking of you :heart: Yay for getting so productive about wedding :D I'm deleting some guests off the list by now, for those whom I haven't heard from since I sent out the invites until now, after multiple attempts of reminding them that RSVP deadline is in 10 days from now :roll: :roll: :roll: I can't believe how rude some people can be! Is it that hard to just say no?

I'm trying to design the table names and put them into photo frames I purchased from Kmart. How do you girls do the seating chart? Is it an A3 size?

I forgot to mention that I was quite annoyed this morning when I picked up my dress at the tailor. She couldn't stop commenting on how heavy my dress was and she kept emphasising how tiny I was. I think I heard that about ten times throughout the whole 20 minutes I was in store, I almost wanted to tell her to shut up already :(

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I think photocopying at Officeworks is perfect and exactly what I would be doing if I didn't have access to a fancy printer!

Plus, lets be honest, most people don't keep other people's OOS's, so I wouldn't be too worried. I am one of those crazy people who keeps everything but apparently not everyone is like me :P (and also, I only just realised that I would have kept everyone's OOS's so I should try to find them to get some ideas for mine!!)

I am really lucky as my venue do my seating chart for me, but I think A3 size would be fine!

I really really really like your tables names, I think they are totally gorgeous!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Teena! :heart: I think photocopying is our only choice, I don't think my home printer can withstand that load! By the way, our OOS is 20 pages long (full nuptial mass) Is that normal?! 8O Priest said he's very happy with it though, he didn't tell us to cut down on anything.

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:42 pm

I think 20 pages is fine! There is a lot more involved in a nuptial mass!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks Teena! It's good to know that our OOS is acceptable :lol:

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 pm

So I'm starting to wear contact lenses now (never worn before) because I don't wanna wear my glasses on the day. Also have to search for a new set of lingerie to wear on the wedding day. Initially was going to wear a corset but it keeps peeking out of my dress at the underarms so I'm planning to ditch it and go for a strapless bra instead.

What have you ladies been doing?

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Definitely a good idea to test out the contact lenses now before the wedding. I've been wearing them for 12 years (since I was 14!) and I totally love them! I am sure you will too :D

I am waiting for my bonbonnieres to arrive, should be here tomorrow which will be a relief! I also have to sort lingerie but more importantly - I need SHOES!!!! I can't believe I don't have any yet and everyone who knows me IRL is shocked - I am a total shoe queen. I just haven't found anything that I totally love yet :( I think I have to lower my shoe expectations and just focus on getting something nice that I will be happy with and will be comfortable. It's difficult because there aren't that many nice bridal shoe shops in Brisbane!

Otherwise the other things on my to do list are bridal party gifts, doing up my timing lists for the day, confirm with all my suppliers and find an outfit for my hens party!!!

Serenityplus

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi April Brides,
The countdown is on with 1month to go WOWIE!!!!! I'm getting pretty excited now. What was an elopement with upt 10 people has now turned into a small destination wedding with upto 25 people. I'm so happy to be having most of our immediate family share our special day. I have been told that my dress will be sent at the end of this wek - fingers crossed I recieve it early next week and totally love it. (Bit scary ordering online) I ordered my dress from Catch the Bouquet just before Christmas. I did try the dress on in a local shop so I'm hoping they were able to replicate it perfectly. I'm also waiting on my daughters yellow flowergirl dress I cant wait to try it on her.

Enjoy the final countdown ladies xo

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Serenityplus wrote:
I have been told that my dress will be sent at the end of this wek - fingers crossed I recieve it early next week and totally love it. (Bit scary ordering online) I ordered my dress from Catch the Bouquet just before Christmas.

Good luck on the dress!! Hope it all turns out the way you're hoping :D

Teena, I know what you mean about shoes! I wanted something I really LOVE but didn't manage to find the perfect pair, in the end I decided to settle for something I like which isn't too bad. My BMs' clutch bags are being shipped to me! :bdance: The seller has sent me a photo of the clutches :heart: :heart: :heart:

BM clutches.jpg

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Wow, it looks like we might just make the minimum number of people (60) for the reception! Now that we've got more people declining and I'm still awaiting on 10 responses 8O Hope we'll make it.

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Totally love the clutches! Gorgeous.

I am getting my girls earrings and a necklace to wear on the day and my wonderful maid of honour a matching bracelet as well.

When are everyone's RSVP's due??

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Mine closes on 21 March.. only 2 days away and I'm still waiting on quite a few :roll:

Been designing our OOS cover over the weekend. It turned out more fancy than I thought it would be. Couldn't resist the lace and ribbon! :heart:

OOS cover.jpg

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Girls - sorry i've been slack, so so so incredibly busy with wedding and work and everything!

OMG I cannot believe its less than 30 days until the wedding... I think i'm starting to freak out now...

I have my last dress fitting on Saturday. I've just had to buy a new pair of shoes becuase *sigh* I cannot get my Choos to fit no matter what I do. But that's okay, I'm going to have my choo's as photo shoes and actually wear another pair.

We only have 1 RSVP i'm waiting on. My dad's siter who *claims* she was not invited. Despite her telling dad she was not invited she managed to have a good winge to my sister about the invites etc (Grrrr) anyway i've sent her another invite and we will see if she turns up.

Eugene i LOVE your OOS - its really beautiful.

Serenityplus

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Yippee I got my dress from Catch the Bouquet and it is beautiful - very happy with it. There is one small problem which isn't a major issue as we are having a beach ceremony - they front of the dress could've been a little longer but being on the sand we won't be able to tell. yay 24more sleeps :-)

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 pm

OMG!!! We're exactly 1 month out today!! 8O 8O Freaking out!!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

How are you ladies doing? It seems as though I'm the only one who's still lurking around here :(

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Sorry sorry!! I have no idea where all the time has gone!

I've just bought the bridesmaids jewellery and need to do shoes tomorrow! I can't believe it's only 5 weeks away now!!! I don't feel like it's really happening!

Eunice are you having a rehearsal at the Cathedral??

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi Teena!! Lovely to see someone posting :lol:

Yes I am, we're doing the rehearsal the Thursday morning before. What about you? I've just made my final payment to Colleen today 8O I don't feel like it's happening either!!!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Also, I wanted to ask you ladies if you're contacting your suppliers now for final payments or waiting for them to contact you? I don't really know how we're suppose to do it. I'm not looking forward to the stuff we need to pay up :lol: but also would like to get things done and over with.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:06 pm

CRASHING!

Most of our suppliers make it pretty clear in the contracts when final payment is due.

We have most due about 1 month before the event. Some two weeks before and the rest one week before.

Bye bye!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15