A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Re: April 2012

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 am

bryaneunice wrote:
Also, I wanted to ask you ladies if you're contacting your suppliers now for final payments or waiting for them to contact you? I don't really know how we're suppose to do it. I'm not looking forward to the stuff we need to pay up :lol: but also would like to get things done and over with.

L.I.W wrote:
CRASHING!

Most of our suppliers make it pretty clear in the contracts when final payment is due.

We have most due about 1 month before the event. Some two weeks before and the rest one week before.

Bye bye!

:tick: :tick: :tick:

Most of mine are the same. The photographer was paid in full one month beforehand, the DJ is 5 days beforehand. I have to check with the cakemaker and I think the venue is on the day but will check. As L.I.W. said, most will have it in their contracts but I think the onus is on us to check. It would be awful of having the worst case scenario of finding out you'd breached your contract and the supplier pulled out. And you'll also have that great feeling of having it all sorted :D Good luck :mrgreen:

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 am

Hi girls, Fh and I have been up since 5am so I can have my final wedding dress fitting. Almost there thankfully :)

I've started contacting my suppliers to confirm arrangements and start paying for everything. Fh has his list and has not started but ive paid all flowers and photographer.

I received my guest book yesterday. It is amazing I'm so happy with it. When I get time I'll post a photo.

Otherwise we are pretty much done. I go on leave in 2 weeks and have about 100 file notes to do before them

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 am

Great! Thanks for that ladies, I've started contacting those who need payment a month before. My photographer and flowers won't have to be paid in full until 2 weeks out. God, I am praying that all will go well on the day and we'll be blessed with great weather. The weather in Brisbane hasn't been looking very good the past weeks! :(

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 pm

I also made my final payment to Colleen last week! It's totally crazy how fast it is going!

I am contacting my suppliers to check when they want payment as well because I want to make sure they don't forget about me!!

The weather has been absolutely rubbish but today was lovely!! I am hoping that by the end of next month it will be perfect Brisbane weather for two weekends in a row!!! :D :D

My priest doesn't "do" rehearsals so we might just run through it ourselves... we are only doing the short version so we won't be in there for very long... plus it's too hard with my bridal party to do during the day / during the week rehearsals and they don't do weekends?

I have had such a productive day - picked up the bridesmaid dresses and found my shoes and also shoes for my mum! This week is huge, make up trial, first dress fitting and engagement shoot, together with hens party on the weekend!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

Teena354 wrote:
The weather has been absolutely rubbish but today was lovely!! I am hoping that by the end of next month it will be perfect Brisbane weather for two weekends in a row!!! :D :D

Ditto to that :tick: :tick: :mrgreen:

Yeah it's hard to gather all in the bridal party to come for the rehearsal, but so far all my BMs will be there and 3 out of 4 GMs can make it so I guess we're pretty lucky. One of the readers won't make it but the other will be there.

I've only come up with 12 OOS so far!! About 50 more to make! 8O

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Am I suppose to be worried that I haven't done my place cards, seating chart and favour tags?? and still about halfway through the OOS only! 8O

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:32 pm

bryaneunice wrote:
Am I suppose to be worried that I haven't done my place cards, seating chart and favour tags?? and still about halfway through the OOS only! 8O

Nooo!! don't worry! I am sure it will all be okay! :D

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Teena354 wrote:
Nooo!! don't worry! I am sure it will all be okay! :D

Thanks Teena! How's the preparation coming along for everyone? OMG it's so so close now!! 8O 8O I'm done with table names now.. and about 10 more OOS to go.. should be done by the end of this week. Then I should really be making place cards and favor tags..

Quick question, is the seating chart usually an A3 size? How do we even print it at home?? Is it possible?

Teena354
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Our preparations are going really well! I had my makeup trial and a dress fitting yesterday and FH had his suit fitting tonight! It's starting to feel so real!

I am pretty sure the seating plan is on A3... I would just do it up on your computer and then take the file to Officeworks and ask them to print it! Most home printers won't fit A3 paper and I think it would just be all too difficult !!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

That's good to hear Teena! OMG my uncle suddenly decided to change his mind and not attend our wedding even though he has already RSVP yes :evil: Now we're definitely going below minimum!! :evil:

LadyLisa
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 am

I haven't posted as I've been crazy busy...

Kitchen tea was last weekend, great fun.. hens is tonight.. sitting here putting together place cards and bomboniere today...

Two weeks to go.. eek

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Got a pair of red satin heels from Wittner today and FH got his white shirt. They were both on sale.. so very happy with our purchases :mrgreen:

Finally done with OOS.. we're moving onto menu tonight and favor tags..

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Quick question, are we suppose to get complimentary meal tastings from our reception venue?? :? How come our venue didn't ask us to come in for that?

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 am

We didn't have that offered Eunice - I think some do and some don't.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm

TasKaz wrote:
We didn't have that offered Eunice - I think some do and some don't.

Thanks for that :D :heart: I've sent an e-mail to the venue to ask anyway because FH and I would really love to have food tasting if they can offer us :P

jess87

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 pm

So I am an April 21st bride and I am freaking out lolll.

I had my kitchen tea last week and hens the week before.

I finalised our OOS last night and i made place card 6 months ago :( Loser I know but now im struggling with where to seat people and the flow of the night.

We need to confirm numbers with out reception 14 days out but due to Easter I am doing thatt tomorrow. Which is kinda scary.

I kinda feel I have forgotten something

Our band wants to be finalised on the night. And our photog doesnt want final payment until we pick out our pics etc? Did anyone else have this?

I think I will spend tomorrow confirming details.

Ergh how exciting for all of us Its finally here!!!!

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Jess - you, Eunice and I are date triplets :mrgreen: 17 days to go!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Jess! Do you have a S&T? :mrgreen:

I'm so freaking out too!!! Might need some stress relief remedy from the pharmacy if this goes on 8O

So far we've got all our honeymoon accommodation, car rental, tour and activities booked. These days we're spending money like nobody's business :(

Favour tags are almost done now. I need to get a frame from Kmart tomorrow to get our seating chart done up this weekend. Also, can anyone post up their timeline/running sheet whatever you call that thing? Our venue is asking for it and to be honest I don't really know how long each meal should take etc. HELP! 8O

jess87

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:17 am

Hello

Well I was thinking of starting one but I don't know how to add pics *dumb* loll.

I put my timeline up in q and a section in a thread called help but I don't know if it's right loll I'm freaking out about confirming numbers. Loll

So happy to know other people are going through the stress and it's not just me loll

mellie29
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:36 am

bryaneunice wrote:
Hi Jess! Do you have a S&T? :mrgreen:

I'm so freaking out too!!! Might need some stress relief remedy from the pharmacy if this goes on 8O

So far we've got all our honeymoon accommodation, car rental, tour and activities booked. These days we're spending money like nobody's business :(

Favour tags are almost done now. I need to get a frame from Kmart tomorrow to get our seating chart done up this weekend. Also, can anyone post up their timeline/running sheet whatever you call that thing? Our venue is asking for it and to be honest I don't really know how long each meal should take etc. HELP! 8O

I can post mIne tonight if you want a look.

Down to single digits for us now only 9 days to go. I've been sick this week just run down so (which is why I've been so quiet)

Last day of work today before the wedding!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18