A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Chookey_321

Re: May 2012

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:58 am

Wow, I have been a bit slack lately :)

We had your hens and bucks last weekend. I was a bit stressed about the bucks but it turned out all good in the end, and there were no strippers involved which is a plus (for him that is). We were both so tried but had really good weekends catching up with friends.

I have been super busy buying and doing last minute stuff. Over the last two weeks I have:
Started buying lollies for our lolly bar
Bought the bags to put the lollies in (nice gold paper ones)
Ordered thank you stickers to go on the lolly bags
Made my bracelet (its pearl with some crystals
Made my mum a bracelet (its all peach coloured pearls)
Finished the place cards
Organised the tables
Confirmed flowers, car, ceremony hire, hair, make up, tans and everything for the reception
Made 'name' coat hangers for all the girls and both mums
Got robes embroidered for the girls and both mums to wear at the hairdresser
FH has finally bough cufflinks and shoes for all the boys - pestering finally paid of, hahahaha :)
Finalised the cake
Picked up my dress!!!! :D :heart: :heart:

Still to do:
Make FH tie again, first one didn't turn out 100% right
Get the rest of the lollies
Book to get my nails done
Book waxing
Maybe finish making the rest of the girls barefoot sandals (I have made mine and 1 BM, but still have 2 to go)

My little bug bite, we still haven't had 2 couples RSVP. They were due the 6th of April. I have just counted them as not coming, its so rude not to reply at all!

Only 2 weeks and 1 day to go, happy dance :D

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

Wow! It is all starting to happen for everyone! This is making it feel so real! Oh the excitement! woo!

Chookey- how was your hens? What did you do? Do you have any pics? AS for RSVP's- can you believe some people!!! We have under a week until our rsvp due date and are still waiting on just under 40 back! I am going to be very frustrated if i have to chase lots of people up!

bub- all the best with your hens tonight! I hope you have an absolute ball!

jessjess- a whole weekend! i would be so stressed out! hope your feeling ok and not too lonely! keep yourself busy with wedding preps!

As for me- 5 weeks today till the big day. FH's bucks is next weekend, my hens is the following. I have a dress fitting on monday and meet with the venue to go over details. Can't wait for that! Super nervous about the dress fitting! I really hope it looks ok! Because of my ankle injury i have not been doing as much as i had been at the gym which has been really depressing! But lucky for me, i came off the crutches last week and am now just in a boot!

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

Wow! It is all starting to happen for everyone! This is making it feel so real! Oh the excitement! woo!

Chookey- how was your hens? What did you do? Do you have any pics? AS for RSVP's- can you believe some people!!! We have under a week until our rsvp due date and are still waiting on just under 40 back! I am going to be very frustrated if i have to chase lots of people up!

bub- all the best with your hens tonight! I hope you have an absolute ball!

jessjess- a whole weekend! i would be so stressed out! hope your feeling ok and not too lonely! keep yourself busy with wedding preps!

As for me- 5 weeks today till the big day. FH's bucks is next weekend, my hens is the following. I have a dress fitting on monday and meet with the venue to go over details. Can't wait for that! Super nervous about the dress fitting! I really hope it looks ok! Because of my ankle injury i have not been doing as much as i had been at the gym which has been really depressing! But lucky for me, i came off the crutches last week and am now just in a boot!

jessjess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 am

Great to see everyones plans coming along well :D

I'm not worried, Thursday night my partner was complaining he didn't want to even go to his buck's! haha! They had drinks at his best man's house with mates and today they are going go karting and then heading to the footy :) I trust him though I would be worried if he was hitting town because of drugging and stuff going around lately.. but it's all good!

I'm going shopping with my Mum and little sisters (flower girls) to get all their dresses today :) I've also done some housework, taken the BM dresses in for pressing and I have mud cupcakes in the oven for a trail for my bridal shower next weekend :) and it's only 9:30! So not a bad start to the day :D

Our wedding is soo close!!!

Anyone else getting married on the 6th??

jessjess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:22 am

Maybe I should have been worried this just appeared as the best mans facebook status:

Well the bucks night took an unexpected turn...all woke up naked spooning each other on the floor. A night not to be forgotton

LMAO!!!

xoxbubxox
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:31 am

Lol! Love it!! My FH doesn't have Facebook so once his mates had him dressed in a playboy bunny outfit complete with high heels and painted nails the photos started appearing in facebook with ME tagged!! Poor FH!

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:48 am

jessjess wrote:
Maybe I should have been worried this just appeared as the best mans facebook status:

Well the bucks night took an unexpected turn...all woke up naked spooning each other on the floor. A night not to be forgotton

LMAO!!!

hahaha! My FH is doing paintball in the afternoon and then a party bus into the city! I have A LOT to be worried about! I feel like bucks nights like this will always be messy! I trust FH 100% but i don't trust some of his friends 100% and FH gets silly when he gets really drunk! I am just going to make sure i keep busy next saturday nightt to try and keep my mind off the trouble he could be getting up to! :roll:

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Maybe im the only lucky bride FH says there is no Bucks.... Think ill try talking them in to going bowling next week. I have hens tonight and i still dont know what to wear.

so.....
- final numbers and payment has been made for the reception
- final meeting next week with celebrant
- Cake toppers have come im not 100% happy with them
- still waitting for hoop from china if it doesnt come in time ill have to hire from dress maker and that will cost 50 + cleaning
- still to get cake knife and and stand

only 3 shifts left at work

jessjess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

I thort about going bowling for my hens. Mine is more of a bridal shower, especially since my BM's aren't planning anything so I'm planning not only my wedding but a bridal shower as well...

The man is home yay! apparently his mates facebook was hacked so al is good! haha

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi

Had a great night at witches in britches last night shocked FH's family a little.
problem is i can barly walk this moring not sure if its my hip or back but ive done somthing ill update ypu more latter i have just got up and im still at my girlfriends.

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:45 pm

2bmrsplachotny wrote:
Hi

Had a great night at witches in britches last night shocked FH's family a little.
problem is i can barly walk this moring not sure if its my hip or back but ive done somthing ill update ypu more latter i have just got up and im still at my girlfriends.

Glad you had a good night and hope you hip feels better soon! Have you got pics of hens? I really want to go to witches in britches one day! You must be getting super excited! Look at your ticker!!! ekkk!!! :D

Four weddings is on t.v tonight. Probably a re run that i have seen but i still get excited watching it!!! That will be me in 5 weeks :D

Exciting day tomorrow! I am going to get my dress alterations done. I have only tried the dress on a few times a while back so every time i try it on is exciting! I am very nervous though that it will be too small! Hopefully my mind will be put at ease after that! After the fitting i then have an appointment at potters (my wedding venue) to go over details with them. Not exactly sure what we go over but they like to get the brides in about 4-6 weeks before! Looking forward to just seeing the venue again! Makes it all feel so real!!

How is everyone elses planning coming along? My rsvp date is on thursday and still waiting for just under 40 to come back! After i know exact numbers im going to get into the finer details of planning such as where people will sit and start making and designing my placecards!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Our RSVPs are all in. 79 out of 90. Pretty good hit rate IMHO!

Next week I have a dress fitting on Thursday, then no more until the week of when I have two.

I am down to all of the fiddly not so fun jobs now - washing candle holders, timetabling etc etc.

Three weeks to go...

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 pm

feeling a little bit better this arvo might get a massage tomorrow just partied to hard i guess.
it was however a fantastic night.

It is getting so close still a few little things to do and buy i kinda cant be bothered, ive got my timetable for the day sorted might work on the photo list now

Chookey_321

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm

mummabride wrote:

The hens was really good. We had 2, 2 bedroom apartments at the Sunny Coast. Played some games and had drinks and nibbles on the balcony. Then went and did a pole dancing class. It was so much fun :) We all felt a bit silly to start with because it was a sexy routine that she taught us, but we all loosen up and had a blast. Then went out for dinner and to a night club/pub. Got home at 2.15 and woke up feeling fantastic the next morning, I'm not a big drinker. Had breakfast on the beach, was a fantastic way to end the weekend :)

Don't have any pictures at the moment, still trying to get everyone to send them to me.

On another note, my wedding band is finished! Yay!! Went and tried it on this afternoon and it's perfect :) We are leaving them at the shop until next Wednesday so I am not tempted to wear it.

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Chookey_321 wrote:
On another note, my wedding band is finished! Yay!! Went and tried it on this afternoon and it's perfect :) We are leaving them at the shop until next Wednesday so I am not tempted to wear it.

I have a wedding room with everything in there I keep sneeking in and putting my ring on good thing my dress isnt at my house or i would be to tempted

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi girls!

So today was our rsvp date! It is also exactly 1 month till the big day! We put rsvp cards in with out invites and even put postage stamps and pre addressed them and yet we still had over 20 people not rsvp!!! How slack and annoying. A few of those people have verbally told us but how hard is it to put a piece of paper in the mail?? :evil:

2bmrsplachotny wrote:
I have a wedding room with everything in there I keep sneeking in and putting my ring on good thing my dress isnt at my house or i would be to tempted

My 'wedding room' is my bedroom! It is an absolute pig stye!! I can't wait till the weddings over and i can clear everything out!!

It is getting so exciting now as the day gets closer and closer! The weeks just seem to be flying by! I can't believe some of our may brides will be getting married in just over a week! You girls must be full of excitement!

So, i now know how many guests we are expecting so i have started on the table plans and gee it is hard! How do you keep everyone happy? Does anyone know the etiquette of where the parents are suppose to sit? Do they usually share a table? Also, how is everyone having their bridal table? I was thinking bm's then bride, groom then gm.

When does everyone plan to contact or when did you contact your suppliers to confirm?? How many weeks in advance would you advise to do so?

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 pm

i started sending emails out about 3 weeks out cause i was having nighmares but most told me they would be in contact the week before.

just did some last minute orders and arranged cake stand I cant wait to finnish work tomorrow

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 pm

The countdown is on for us all ladies, so looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures.

Had my third fitting tonight - two more to go. My vent, my shoes are too yellow for the ivory of the dress. I guess at the end of the day it won't matter but they do poke out a lot when I walk and I think its very noticeable. I really should get over it...

2bmrsplachotny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am

this time next week i will be getting my hair done!! Im currently struggling through my music FH is going to have his Bucks tonight they are going dinner and bowling

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 am

EEEkkkk 1 week for you 2bmrsplachotny! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! My FH has his bucks today/tonight as well! He is starting with paintball and then tonight gettting a party bus into the city. One of the destinations he stops at is a strippers :roll: I'm really nervous about this and dont particularly like the idea. In the 8.5 yrs we have been together he has never been to one! The idea of it makes me sick!!

So as you can tell i am VERY nervous about the night! I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble. I have already read him his rights lol! My hens is next saturday! Sooooooooooooo excited about it! I will def post pics! We are all dressing up in fairytale theme!

2bmrs- remind me, are you going on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15