A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

 
User avatar
L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Posts: 7229
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 pm

JessieK wrote:
That's so exciting, Jade! :bdance:

LIW, your inspiration is gorgeous! I love those earrings especially!

Wren, don't feel bad hehe, we've all badgered her! I'm betting if she didn't want to show us that inspiration, no amount of badgering would have made her, am I right, LIW?


Of course you are - when I do put together inspiration boards (which has happened twice now) I do share them with you!
 
User avatar
sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm

yadie05 wrote:
6 MONTHS TO GO TODAY :heart: :heart: :heart: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:


Eep how exciting

LIW that inspiration board is gorgeous
 
User avatar
L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Posts: 7229
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks for the compliments all, it is helpful to have everything in front of you and if I were not so paranoid about my work/people I know seeing it I would do a S&T so I could see things laid out.
 
User avatar
Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK
Posts: 3493
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Make a S&T on your computer, LIW. Don't put it on the internet but just have one file with all your picks in it.
 
sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Love your inspiration board LIW! Very soft and elegant :)

I'm so excited! I've become a body shop consultant. I was chatting at my housemates body shop party to the consultant and she was talking about the goals she's reached through the body shop...like overseas holidays etc...and I was like hmmm that could be handy for me and the wedding! And she's taken me on board! I'm having my first party this Saturday! I'm going all out and doing champers and pavlova cuz it's a champagne shimmer make up themed party :D
 
User avatar
yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm

LIW do ppl you know come on this site? are they aware that you come on here?
 
Wren3
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Erin, how did I miss your vows!! They are lovely, I especially love the welcoming chant. And I'm with you about that library photo in LIW inspiration, but it could just be the teacher in me :wink:

Congratulations on 6mths Jade!
 
User avatar
L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Posts: 7229
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am

Wren3 wrote:
Erin, how did I miss your vows!! They are lovely, I especially love the welcoming chant. And I'm with you about that library photo in LIW inspiration, but it could just be the teacher in me :wink:

Congratulations on 6mths Jade!


And the lawyer in me!
 
User avatar
Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Posts: 2068
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm

wow everyone's plans are coming along so well..

Erin love the vows,

LIW the insp board is simply stunning love the colours..

yadie05 - 6 months WOWWWWWWWEEEEEE that is not long at all, we hit our 13 months to go mark the other day and i can not get over how quick the time has gone.. so glad I have been so organised coz now work is mental i do not really have a lot to do.

& Jessie saw you DIY stuff in ur S&T and love it.. you have inspired me to look at making a wishing well myself :)

I know there is most likely stuff i have missed sorry ladies, such a chatty bunch we will be at part 4 in no time... I am sad coz i will be the only one in the aug 2012 thread :(

still not alot happening on my front, just been working. Will be doing to STD's in my week off in aug so cant wait for that. We were working through the FINAL FINAL guest list so that should be done soon too.

I got asked by a co-worker what date my wedding was so she could take the day off (coz its Friday).... How do you tell someone they are not invited ??? hehehehe I just looked blankly at her and pretended i didn't hear it. I am also trying not to mention wedding related stuff on my Facebook as there are people on there that may think they are invited but we have had to cull the guest list (I have had to be ruthless cutting even family) and they are not invited.. so i am not sure yet how i am going to takle those questions.

on a happier NWR note.. I am going to see Enrique tonight in concert... SQUUUEEEEEEEE so excited!
 
User avatar
Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK
Posts: 3493
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks, Tara! It was actually nice and easy to do. Cheap too, only cost 20 dollars all up to make!
 
Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm hoping to make our wishing well too. I saw a really nice treasure chest looking one one Ebay that I think could be pretty easy to make.

I think just nicely saying that your guest list is pretty tight, you wish you could invite heaps more people etc etc. Because our ceremony is outside in a public place, I have pretty much said to anyone that has asked, that I can't fit anyone else into my reception, but they are more than welcome to come and check out the wedding.

I have a couple of people from my work that have told me that they will come and have a look, they didn't assume at all that they were invited - they asked me if it would be ok if they came and had a peek on the day. It sounds t me Tarz that the person at your work is pretty sure that they will be properly invited though, so I'm not sure how to handle that one.
 
KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 am

Hey Ladies, back after a few days of working slash making our deck at home.

You shoudl see the state of my hands slash body, I look like I've been in a bar brawl! better sort that one out.

LIW - I love the inspiration board and the colours. very very elegant. This is almost like playing cluedo. Cannot wait to see your HOF

Jade - 6months!!!!!!! HOly Freaking Moly

Our engagement party is next weekend and we have hit a bit of a hurdle in regards to the decking, we wont get the decking stairs done in time. I'm in emergency mode at the moment to protect all our guests from the stair posts holes etc but im pretty sure Il have it all sorted.

Good thing is, my work has given us their marquee to use and the weather should be great. Im super excited. I'll put some picks up after the party in my S&T so you guys can see it!

Plus i get to see my mum in 7 day woohoo
 
treenie86
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
wow everyone's plans are coming along so well..

Erin love the vows,

LIW the insp board is simply stunning love the colours..

yadie05 - 6 months WOWWWWWWWEEEEEE that is not long at all, we hit our 13 months to go mark the other day and i can not get over how quick the time has gone.. so glad I have been so organised coz now work is mental i do not really have a lot to do.

& Jessie saw you DIY stuff in ur S&T and love it.. you have inspired me to look at making a wishing well myself :)

I know there is most likely stuff i have missed sorry ladies, such a chatty bunch we will be at part 4 in no time... I am sad coz i will be the only one in the aug 2012 thread :(

still not alot happening on my front, just been working. Will be doing to STD's in my week off in aug so cant wait for that. We were working through the FINAL FINAL guest list so that should be done soon too.

I got asked by a co-worker what date my wedding was so she could take the day off (coz its Friday).... How do you tell someone they are not invited ??? hehehehe I just looked blankly at her and pretended i didn't hear it. I am also trying not to mention wedding related stuff on my Facebook as there are people on there that may think they are invited but we have had to cull the guest list (I have had to be ruthless cutting even family) and they are not invited.. so i am not sure yet how i am going to takle those questions.

on a happier NWR note.. I am going to see Enrique tonight in concert... SQUUUEEEEEEEE so excited!


not the only one, ill be in the August 2012 thread too! I just dont post much in this one because i can never keep up! :oops:
FH & i purchased out wedding rings though! :D mine has to be custom made because of the square shape of my engagement ring, but the total cost for them was only $950!

will try and update my S&T soon
 
User avatar
Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK
Posts: 3493
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Can't wait to see photos, Treenie! That's a fantastic price!

Mel, your e-party, that's so exciting! Shame about the deck! Take lots of photos!
 
User avatar
yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Looking forward to hearing about your EP Mel, I'm sure it will be a fab night without the decking finished :lol:
tarz how good was the concert last night! Enrique is just so lush :heart: I saw him last time he was out and he is still gorg
Treenie have to get mine made to for that reason, been a week without it so far and I miss it :(
 
KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 am

Got all the plastic cups plates etc for the party last night and once again made a mistake with bloody checking out measurements.

It was pretty funny though, I ordered 40 plastic wine glasses they were like $6 a pack and I was stoked, get them today and they are tiny shot like wine glasses (the ones they use for taste testing wines in like dan murphys and stuff). I couldn't help but laugh and FH and I stood there going in fake posh voices, "Would you like a sip of wine" and clicking our plastic wine cups together.
 
sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 am

It was pretty funny though, I ordered 40 plastic wine glasses they were like $6 a pack and I was stoked, get them today and they are tiny shot like wine glasses (the ones they use for taste testing wines in like dan murphys and stuff). I couldn't help but laugh and FH and I stood there going in fake posh voices, "Would you like a sip of wine" and clicking our plastic wine cups together


I think we'd get along well in real life Melmare :D you sound like my kinda girl :P
 
User avatar
Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK
Posts: 3493
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 am

sidonie wrote:
It was pretty funny though, I ordered 40 plastic wine glasses they were like $6 a pack and I was stoked, get them today and they are tiny shot like wine glasses (the ones they use for taste testing wines in like dan murphys and stuff). I couldn't help but laugh and FH and I stood there going in fake posh voices, "Would you like a sip of wine" and clicking our plastic wine cups together


I think we'd get along well in real life Melmare :D you sound like my kinda girl :P


Haha I agree!
 
treenie86
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 pm

FH called his cousin last night that is a professional photographer to see if he would take the photos for our wedding.............family price $500!!!!!! :D
 
User avatar
yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic
Posts: 1249
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm

treenie86 wrote:
FH called his cousin last night that is a professional photographer to see if he would take the photos for our wedding.............family price $500!!!!!! :D


Brilliant news Treenie!!

I go for my re measure tomorrow so my dress is then officially ordered :mrgreen:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.55