A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 pm

So is it sad that I have moved my dogs bed into my bedroom while FH is away for a month? He usually sleeps in the loungeroom but its nicer to hear him sleeping when im alone...is that sad? (yes, he sometimes snores, but so does FH! )

naww thats cute :D

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am

Hawaiian Wedding wrote:
:heart: :bdance: :heart:

WOOHOO!!! 7 MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

oh my god! me too! yay!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 am

buggy wrote:
Hawaiian Wedding wrote:

WOOHOO!!! 7 MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

oh my god! me too! yay!

Me too! Weeeee. In two days, we'll getting married in less than 7 months! How exciting!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:38 am

wow....! I think I am going to start freaking out when it gets down to 6 months.
cause I have been so busy planning all the little details and everything but the other day I finally stopped and actually thought about walking down the aisle and the ceremony andeverything and i got all nervous 8O

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey ladies,

Back at work today, Engagement party was just a super stress box im glad its over. My famiy adn friends are so wonderful and set up my house in such a beautiful way that when i saw it after getting my hair and makeup done I cried.

Anyway quite a few things went wrong, like the pig i ordered for the spit, turned up at the butcher on the morning of my party and they had lost my order, so no food, managed to track down a whole lamb and two large pork legs.

Got my hair adn makeup done and my makeup was hideous and looked even worse in the photos (i couldnt even bring myself to say anything as I was so stressed out and shaking that all I wanted to do was get out of there), after seeing a couple of pics of myself i washed it off and did it again. Everyone kept saying that i look beautiful but i felt stupid and nothing like myself and although i havent looked at many of the photos im pretty sure i looked crap in all of them.

After a while though i got changed into some of my normal clothes took my hair out and redid my makeup and felt far more comfortable and far more like my actual self, which is when i also started enjoying the night as well. Wish that I had done that in the first place.

The party itself and the weekend were amazing, and everyone had a great time. I didnt actually get to bed until about 7:30am! As we all ended up at the beach around a massive bonfire with our mates playing the guitar and singing.

Everyone has gone home today though so im pretty sad and have "reverse Homesickness" plus i had to come back to work waaah.

So now im massively freaked out about getting my makeup done for the wedding, although im not going to be stupid enough to not say anything either.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm

on a good note, my speech was amazing, everyone couldnt believe it and quite few people cried.

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm

awww glad that most of your night was good! Good on you with the speech, I am way to scared to give a speech hehehe.

Are you seeing a different MUA for the wedding or the same one??

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Oh Mel Im glad you got to enjoy your party after the small hiccups at the start...what a stress with the meat, and not liking your makeup! You seem to have coped wit hit well though :D Wow, 7am! I feel way to old for that anymore! Im glad your speech went so well to 8)

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Hawaiian Wedding wrote:
Oh Mel Im glad you got to enjoy your party after the small hiccups at the start...what a stress with the meat, and not liking your makeup! You seem to have coped wit hit well though :D Wow, 7am! I feel way to old for that anymore! Im glad your speech went so well to 8)

I am also far too old to stay up to that time! I start getting sleepy at about 11 and if I am notin bed by 2 look out world!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Oohh I am asleep by 11 :oops: but I wake up at 5:15 so maybe I have an excuse

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 am

Im getting married in the cook islands so no not using the same MUA.

I'm having a trial over there so I can make sure they dont ruin it and if they dont have a foundation that matches my skin I will just use my own.

Just saw the photos that our Best Man took for the engagement party and you would never believe that out of the 300 he took there are two of FH and I together and about a million of his girlfriend.

I dont mind though its an excuse for me to book in an e-shoot!

Balls

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 am

Aw I'm glad you eventually had a good time, Mel! I can't remember the last time I stayed up all night with friends! At my sisters hens party, I fell asleep at the bar in the middle of a club I was so tired and it was only 12 o clock :oops: :lol: I'm such a home body now.

I hope we get to see some pictures soon :wink: Definitely do an e-shoot!

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Hawaiian Wedding wrote:
Im hanging out for engagement party pics Mel!

So is it sad that I have moved my dogs bed into my bedroom while FH is away for a month? He usually sleeps in the loungeroom but its nicer to hear him sleeping when im alone...is that sad? (yes, he sometimes snores, but so does FH! :D )

No not all mine sleep with me when ever FH is out for the night :lol:
Yay for 7 months :heart:

My registry dress arrived as did my shoes :heart: :heart:

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Squueee going to see some accommodation on the weekend..... I have done a 360 and am back to where i started.. looking at holly Lodge http://www.hollylodge.com.au/ and i think i am going to book the whole place out (around 20 ppl) for the night before and the night after, as my family are all from interstate so its somewhere nice for the fam to stay :) YAY!

Then Sat night i get stuck with them all at my house... god help me! but i am really looking forward to having breakfast that next day with our new combined family..... as we will all be at the lodge!

Feels so good to be doing wedding stuff again.

Tarz84

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 pm

yadie05 wrote:
Hawaiian Wedding wrote:

So is it sad that I have moved my dogs bed into my bedroom while FH is away for a month? He usually sleeps in the loungeroom but its nicer to hear him sleeping when im alone...is that sad? (yes, he sometimes snores, but so does FH! :D )

Did I read on FB you got jimmy choos???? pics?? I wanna see..

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
yadie05 wrote:
Hawaiian Wedding wrote:

Did I read on FB you got jimmy choos???? pics?? I wanna see..

Yes you did I just put some up in my show and tell!!

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
Squueee going to see some accommodation on the weekend..... I have done a 360 and am back to where i started.. looking at holly Lodge http://www.hollylodge.com.au/ and i think i am going to book the whole place out (around 20 ppl) for the night before and the night after, as my family are all from interstate so its somewhere nice for the fam to stay :) YAY!

Then Sat night i get stuck with them all at my house... god help me! but i am really looking forward to having breakfast that next day with our new combined family..... as we will all be at the lodge!

Feels so good to be doing wedding stuff again.

That accommodation sounds perfect for what you are after. Looks really nice too :)

Mel glad to hear your engagement party went well. Not so good about the makeup though

Jade those shoes are gorgeous :)

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 am

oooh pretty shoes!

I have a mission for the weekend, I have to make up my sample invitations, I have been meaning to do it for weeks and weeks and never did. wish me luck!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Good luckl with the invites Buggy! Im sure they will look great!

Jade those shoes are amazing! You are so lucky! Love Jimmy Choo too!

Tarz that accom looks delightful! Your family will love it! Love the pic of the verandah!

Im at a bit of a standstill with wedding plans..not feeling that stressed about it (only the $$ side) but doing more research on the travel (Hawaii and honeymoon) and trying to get some of that sorted. The fun stuff!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Eeek - had an email today from another planning website '9 Months To Go'...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21