A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Re: 2012 Brides Part 3

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 am

Just a small vent.. My moh and 4 bm are all useless... No input, no assistance etc.. Gggrr

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 am

Oh goodness, booking the Honeymoon has not even occurred to me yet!

I think we have decided to do a trip in late 2012 to the US (i.e. Autumn/Winter there) and have Christmas in New York, we might just do a mini-moon here straight afterwards... No idea where though!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 am

I just booked our domestic flights for our honeymoon in the US as well!! And booke dour hotel in Vegas (Bellagio) and New York (The Bowery Hotel)

Im getting so excited.

So we Go LA - Vegas - San Fran - Boston - NEw York - New Orleans - LA

I just want to go on holiday now.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 am

I want to go on holiday with you all! We should probably figure out what we're going to do as well but since we'll be staying in the country I'll probably book it the week before haha. We don't mind though (much) because there's alot of this country we still want to see!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I dont get a honeymoon, but I will take some time off work and spend time with FHs family from OS.
A guy at work got married on a sunday and was back at work on Monday... how depressing!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:35 pm

buggy wrote:
I dont get a honeymoon, but I will take some time off work and spend time with FHs family from OS.
A guy at work got married on a sunday and was back at work on Monday... how depressing!

Super depressing!

We have actually had some wedding progress for a change!

Saturday we met with the venue and got a general timeline worked out. Also booked my day before accomodation.

Sunday contacted photographer and in the process of working out our final package.

Tonight meeting with the florist to make a decision.

Go us!

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 pm

yadie05 wrote:
sachick90 wrote:
Tarz84 wrote:

oohh how exciting!! what kind of puppy...

We're getting another Kelpie x, to keep our other dog company :)

yayyy! I have a kelpie x and she is the best :heart: Fh calls her the cutest dog in the world :lol:

Yeah Kelpie x's are gorgeous dogs. I have finally put a couple of pics up on my S&T

That is good about your progress LIW

Wedding plans haven't really been happening, we are just trying to pay for everything. We ordered Bombeniere boxes online and recieved them but they are too small :(

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 am

Oh crap... I just went over the budget. My $20k budget has apparently inflated itself to be $25k worth plus all the incidentals.... Ooops... :oops: FH is not sure whether to laugh at me (because I always go over budget) or be cross! Lucky for me he is going for laughing at the moment, and I had to promise to let him buy a new car!

Balls

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 am

Haha lucky you! I actually kept in budget and bought my shoes and my FH got mad anyway because he doesn't believe me and thinks I'm over budget even though he actually has no idea what our budget is or how close we are to it :roll: I guess I've blotted my copy book too many times!

I'm going to make him feel bad when he comes home though, because I have an itemised list of what we bought and what we need to buy along with the costs and we're 300 dollars UNDER budget! Which isn't much but it's still under! Haha, I can't wait for the grovelling to begin :twisted: :lol:

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 am

hahahah!!!
My FH sounds like the opposite of yours- he seems to think we can just spend endless amounts of money!! Luckily I am in charge of our budget or we would be terrible poor...

Balls

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:50 am

I'm terrible with money as well, I think that's why he doesn't trust me haha. I'm doing well this time though!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 am

hahaha!!! I am good with money thankfully, FH hates it.
He will appreciate it when he realises we can afford a nice wedding and a house deposit though :lol:

Balls

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:33 pm

I would appreciate a deposit for a house also! FH can definitely budget for that one!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:51 am

I had a massive freakout the other day thinking that we werent going to be able to afford out wedding and our honeymoon. But realised when i crossed off all things we have already paid for that we will be ok. I think its cause we are nearly at the 6month mark and i havent been thinking abuot paying anything off yet.

Also I've started having wedding nightmares. I think my eyebrows feel out or something and I lost my dress. Thank god i woke up.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

melmaretihenry wrote:
I had a massive freakout the other day thinking that we werent going to be able to afford out wedding and our honeymoon. But realised when i crossed off all things we have already paid for that we will be ok. I think its cause we are nearly at the 6month mark and i havent been thinking abuot paying anything off yet.

Also I've started having wedding nightmares. I think my eyebrows feel out or something and I lost my dress. Thank god i woke up.

I also freaked out, since I put mine and FH's airfares for wedding and honeymoon on my credit card, but while it will hurt for the next couple of weeks til it is paid, we know that it is a major expense that is taken care of.

Oh damn those wedding nightmares!! I have a feeling there is going to be more of those to come from most of us!

P.S I dont know how you ladies with kids do it...I am babysitting my nephew and neie today (aged 4 and 2) and every two minutes all I hear is "Aunty Erin....!"

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:20 pm

I had one a fortnight or so ago that there were worms under all the tables at the reception.

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:45 pm

yep those damn wedding nightmares, I had two dreams where i forgot to plan the reception and my sister had to bake pumpkin for the guests who were standing in a field...
it was the same dream twice so I hope its not a sign!! :lol:

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm

I am the money sensible one of the relationship too - my only problem is that I seem to have expensive taste!

FH is good at paying his bills on time and all that business, but save he cannot and any money that does not need to be spent on a bill, gets wasted on some toy or another.

I am constantly asking him ho much money he has put into his savings account - I really hate to think how nagging it sounds, but in the end he knows that it's for a good cause! If it weren't for my nagging about savings, we still wouldn't have made it to the UK yet.

Update on wedding progress, FH has made a booking with my dress shop lady to have him and GM measured for the kilts that she is going to arrange.

I think my BM may have come to an agreement about what dress they want.

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Oh and I nearly forgot.....

ITS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS TO GO!!!!! ARRRRGGHH!!! :D 8O :D 8O

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Tracylacy wrote:
Oh and I nearly forgot.....

ITS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS TO GO!!!!! ARRRRGGHH!!! :D 8O :D 8O

OMG! Thats so exciting!

Well all that talk about wedding nightmares must have gotten me in the mood for it...last night I dreamt that FH and I flew to Hawaii together, but when it came to checking into the hotel, he wasnt there, and I was standing around waiting for him, and a lady was standing there with me, telling me it was exactly the same WHEN SHE WAS ENGAGED TO HIM!! He freaked out then and they never got married either! WTF! (FYI - FH has never been engaged before!) - this random lady was really pretty too :?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06