A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

robbieslady

Re: June 2012

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =3&theater

Hopefully the links work. The first is my button bouquet, using yoyo's and buttons. And the next one is my paper bouquets, made with music sheets. My FMIL's friend then did a paper bouquet for her hairdresser, and did hers much tighter than mine, looked pretty cool too :)

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 am

robbieslady wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.112760292164637.19668.100002920009381&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=182117431895589&set=a.112760292164637.19668.100002920009381&type=3&theater

Hopefully the links work. The first is my button bouquet, using yoyo's and buttons. And the next one is my paper bouquets, made with music sheets. My FMIL's friend then did a paper bouquet for her hairdresser, and did hers much tighter than mine, looked pretty cool too :)

I love the paper bouquet!!!

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Love the two bouquets Kim they look gorgeous!

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Feeling less freaked out this week..Paid off our bouquets (buttons) and they will be sent once the material for the buttonholes arrive :D cant wait!! Im finally finished paying off my dress!!! Feels so good! But a tad sad cause I really got to love Olga, the shop owner! :( Im taking my dress with me to my hens so my mum can take it home with her (where the wedding is) that way it can be drycleaned and pressed. Otherwise it wouldnt be done till the week of and incase you hadnt noticed, I am a stresshead! :oops: Rings only have one more payment, should have been done this week but I had uni bills..POOP!

We also bought the GM and FH's superhero shirts. We were planning on getting cufflinks but FH doesnt give a toss if they have them or not so we decided to get engraved glasses for them instead. They will get more use out of the glasses anyway we feel.

Hens and Bucks are next weekend!! I am so scared, not because I dont trust my BM but because it has come so quick! After the hens its only 4 weeks! EEEEEEK!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Fri May 04, 2012 9:24 am

OK! this week is really launching me into panic mode!

my partner STILL DOES NOT HAVE A SUIT. He has tried on so many and isn't happy with any of them - Also we want a 3pc suit in charcoal and they don't seem to exist anywhere!

I'm ordering online all the stuff I need for the day to give me enough time to receive it...lace bolero, garter, still need to buy lots of stuff... haven't found any jewellery that I really love yet though.

the jeweller that made our rings stuffed mine up! It was way too narrow and too square! She said she will fix it but I'm really scared it still won't be right!

I'm super stressed!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 am

Zenyatta - I feel you! Neither of the groomsmen have got their suits yet. They keep asking FH, who has told them multiple times that they just have to wear a black or dark-coloured business suit. I would have assumed they already had that sort of thing, but apparently not!

I keep imagining all the things that could go wrong - disastrously, embarrassingly wrong - like someone creating a scene, or dressing really inappropriately.

And one of my best mates whom I've known for 5 years started seeing a girl a couple of months ago - he told me the girl is looking to move interstate next month, and if she moves the weekend of our wedding, he'll have to skip our wedding to spend a last night with her. :roll:

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Zenyatta where do you live? FH and GM are wearing three piece charcoal suits. We are in Townsville and we are hiring them from Newpark Mens Wear. Sorry girls but im bored! I cant think of much that i can do! Sometimes i hate being so organized. Im goin for my trial tan the afternoon and have my boudoir shoot (DIY with a trusted friend) tonight and tomorrow and then on Sunday i have my make up trail. FH has his bucks weekend this weekend and mines on the 19th but everyone despite talking to them about all this prior and making sure they were right with the amount, activities and date everyone is now pulling out :roll: frustrating!

GDemon man that would make me so cranky! I would go off at him actually

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Well, I've been a bit over it ever since that friend told me he'd let me know if he wanted an invite for the casual girlfriend before the wedding. I didn't put 'plus one' on his invite, and really, he's gone out with her less than a dozen times, it's hardly serious enough for her to come to our wedding. He also informed me that if I ask him to housesit for us during our honeymoon, I should expect that she'll be staying overnight. Sometimes I just don't know what he's thinking.

Anyway, where are people up to in their plans? On my to do list still are:

Take bridal dance lessons
Meet the DJ & choose music for the ceremony etc.
Sort out the seating plans
Make a seating chart
Print reception stationery (table numbers, etc)
Get vases for bridal table decorations
Choose the menu
Make a list of key photographs to take
Buy a clutch
Go for my makeup trial
Make the wedding cake (this is going to take 5 full days of my time the week before!!)

I feel like there is so much left to do!

robbieslady

Sun May 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi girls!

So close now. But too far! It's frustrating! I want it to be here already!

We have drawn up a huge calendar of what's left to do on the leftover days, it's taken up half the pin up board!
Off to the chapel today to do a pew seating chart, and count how many steps it is down the aisle. Very exciting.

This week we ordered FH's buttonhole, and the groomsmans buttonholes. FH's is from an awesome lady called Nicole at Nic's button buds, and the groomsmans are coming from a florist, because they point blank refused to wear what I wanted them to.

We bought a new car last week, probably the worst time for us to doing that, since... we're trying to pay for a wedding. But we needed a second car. It's a cute little i30. Very sparkly.. and I want that now too! Although it takes 10 days to detail etc, and because it's off the showroom floor they need to fill out a lot of paperwork. Lucky we weren't financed, I can't imagine how long that would take!

I hope you girls are all travelling well! Can't wait to see photos!!

Kim
x

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

My partner FINALLY BOUGHT HIS SUIT TODAY. I am so relieved. Anyway, I have a pretty comprehensive list of things left to do too! Thankfully I have Monday and Tuesday off this week, I can try and knock a few things over... my biggest priority right now is these paper bouquets. I need to be 100% certain that they will 'work'. Also all my online shopping has to be done this week to allow enough time for shipping here.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 am

Ugh, one of my bridesmaids hasn't got a dress yet! I asked them to wear whatever they like - really, doesn't have to match or anything. She asked my opinion on various dresses months ago soI thought that was settled, now she's asking again and we have only 3.5 weeks to go!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 am

I seem to be on a rollercoaster of highs and lows at the moment. My left to do list:

Wrap bonboniere's (they are just being wrapped in gold paper with a purple customised label that says "Thank you for attending"
Make labels & attach to bonboniere
Stick on personalised fan stickers to fans (the fans aren't here yet)
Get dress alterations
Book in (officially) limo & pay deposit
Book guests coach
Finalise menu details (thought it's just the entree left to confirm)
Put together the Ipod Playlist for reception
Put together ceremony music
Create the official seating plan (already have draft just have to do the pretty display one)
Confirm & Pay the centrepiece hire
Find Groomsmen & groom shirts & ties (Only groom & best man so should be easy)
Get wedding shoes
Make placecards
Make menu & drink list display card for table

I think thats everything!

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 pm

I had my hens this weekend just gone. FH had his bucks too but since I left from my hens to uni for a week I havnt really had a chance to suss out his..but mine was AMAZING! My eldest sister organised the whole thing with my best friend, and I was kept in the dark about the whole thing! We spent 3 nights at the gold coast. One night they all dressed up in horrendous BM dresses and I was given a lovely wedding dress with the puffiest sleeves Ive ever seen. hahaha Then saturday I got a pink stretch hummer :D and sat night we went pole dancing then on a club crawl. It was soooo much fun, my mum stayed with us the whole time. I loved every minute of it!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 08, 2012 10:53 am

We had a bridal dance lesson last night - decided on a rumba as WC people recommended it. I thought it all went quite well, then I got home, found some wedding rumba videos on youtube, and realised that I would actually have to dance in front of people. 8O

I also got around to making a list of ingredients for making the wedding cake. It's come in at a shocking 8kg of chocolate, 2.5kg of butter, 4kg of sugar, 2.5kg of flour... amongst other things. FH is freaking out slightly. :lol: :lol:

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 08, 2012 11:14 am

Can't wait to see pics of your cake :D

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 pm

We had a bridal dance lesson last night - decided on a rumba as WC people recommended it. I thought it all went quite well, then I got home, found some wedding rumba videos on youtube, and realised that I would actually have to dance in front of people.

yeah thats why we started our rumba lessons this time last year :D

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

We are doing to Rumba too! I didnt think it was popular for weddings! FH had his bucks night on the weekend and BM did nothing at all. FH had to organize it all even pay and put on drinks and food for everyone himself, the bucks night was a poker night at BM unit and FH even had to go around there in the arvo to clean it up cause it was a pigsty and BM just sat there watching FH clean his place! WTF FH is fuming :evil: sent BM a msg saying how pissed off he is with him atm and how there friendship is hanging by a tread!

Chowdie so glad you had a great hens weekend!

I did my Boudoir photos on Saturday and it went really well, we have over 150 photos :oops:. Had my make up trail and i liked it although there are some changes that ive have next time, the whole point of a trial right!

Hers my to do list:

Need to print out Menu
Organize Photo Booth (need to print signs and organize props into a box or something)
Place Cards
Seating chart (just need to do board)
Table Numbers (need to take pics of FH & I holding the numbers)
Need to finish 2 pomanders for the church
Need to do playlist for reception (half done)
Organize book for photographer of people i really want photos of and poses (already emailed just need to make hard copy)
Need to do PowerPoint of my dad and I for when we dance
Need to stick the Wishing Well and Advise cage signs on
Need to finish the Photo book of boudoir pics for FH
Need to organize detailing of the cars (we are just using our own, really don’t care that much about cars)

Thats it! YEY not long now :D

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Is anyone else feeling stressed?

I have no word yet on IF I can dance (other than shuffling around) from my Physio but he will prob make a decision on May 21st (for anyone that doesn't know I fractured my ankle) so that doesn't leave much time for us to coordinate our dance...

:? :?

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm

It's funny but over the past week or so I've reached a strange calmness - I've stopped panicking about things not getting done and stopped having wedding nightmares. I think part of it is getting together a very comprehensive list of all the things I need to do and just getting them done one at a time.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Little miss bride- so sorry to hear about your ankle!!

I'm not too stressed, but I am quite tired of all the things left to do and keep procrastinating. We really need to do the seating plan now so I can put the chart together. :?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06