A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: June 2012

Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh no Little Miss Bride i hope the physio gives you the all clear.

Im not stressed and have been extremely calm through the whole process but i have had a year to plan and im a very organized person. I thought id be the opposite a huge bridezilla.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 1:53 pm

I wasn't stressed til I broke my ankle and then I felt like the sky was falling! Now I just feel like I'm in perpetual "catch up" mode as we only had 6 months to plan the wedding anyways and then I lost 2 months to my being unable to walk. I just feel like I want to tick more stuff off but can only do things as funds permit and as people can free themselves up. Just a bit frustrating I guess.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 pm

1 month mark!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Eeek!

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 am

Ive felt pretty good the past few weeks. And then I see one month to go and all of a sudden my list gets longer lol! its crazy!

I cant believe that we only have a month! 8O what happened to all those months of planning? Im going to need a new hobby hahaha

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm

oh my goodness, I got my wedding ring today... I love it! my partner isn't sure about his ring though so that's got me freaking out!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

Haha Zenyatta, we've got the opposite problem. FH likes his ring but I am not so sure about mine. Well, I really have my eye on the wedder that matches my engagement ring (it was too expensive to buy right now) and told FH he'll just have to get that for me for an anniversary gift in a few years time when we have more money to spare. :)

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Had my second to last dress fitting today, and I love my dress! It finally looks like a proper wedding dress, instead of several pieces of cloth pinned together. I am so excited about the final fitting next Saturday. I didn't think I would be so thrilled about the dress, to be honest I wasn't very confident of the design I'd given the dressmaker. Now I can't wait!!! :D

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 am

must feel so good, gdemon :) My final fitting is this coming saturday which will be exactly 2 weeks before our day. I'm frustrated because of no apparent weight loss in the past week but never mind.
I'm almost finished my first bouquet, but I think the other two will take a lot less time because now at least I know what I'm doing! Then I still have to make cake flowers and men's buttonholes.
We're still in two minds about seating arrangements. The coordinator doesn't think the U shape will work so maybe we have to go back to rectangular tables. But I want to abolish the bridal table and I'm not sure how best to do that.
What else is going on this week? My garter and lace bolero have arrived, our chalkboards have arrived, we are still waiting on cufflinks and I want to make signs this weekend too. Hens is this Saturday night. AAGH so busy!!!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Zenyatta wrote:
My final fitting is this coming saturday which will be exactly 2 weeks before our day.

I think we're getting married on the same day - 2 June?

We have a tentative seating plan now, so my next step is the seating chart. I hadn't really thought about it prior to this so that will take some research and work. Then I have to start collecting ingredients for the wedding cake. I can hardly wait!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

wedding twins! yay! :-)

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 15, 2012 10:14 am

Here is my bouquet so far ! almost finished! there was lots of trial and error involved - there are still a few gaps in it that I need to close up so it should look better - I'm giving myself a deadline of end of next week to have the other two finished then I have to do cake flowers, centrepieces and grooms buttonholes! phew! I have set myself a huge workload with these babies....oh and I have to give thanks to Robbieslady for helping me with technique!!!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 am

That is beautiful, Zenyatta!! I found it tricky to make my silk flower bouquets really tight with no gaps too.

It was so funny, I was getting stressed at one point several weeks ago so FH offered to make the bouquets & table flowers for me. His words, "It's just tieing a bunch of flowers together, how hard can it be?"

I was so tempted to just let him do it...... :twisted:

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 15, 2012 12:03 pm

haha what a sweetheart!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Lots left on my checklist is paying final payments of everything which I can't do til I get paid *sigh*... impatient - I want my list down.. it feels huge!!!

I organised my guest book today and at my bridal shower got my "Something old, something new, something blue and am awaiting my something borrowed".

My biggest concern is I haven't got my dress alterations yet (which is prob a good thing as I lost 7kgs in the last 3 months - prob 8 by now actually) but I feel a bit nervous and just want to get this done. I'm going shoe & jewellery shopping this friday! Eeek - finally! (with my Mummy).

Gotta book cars still and finalise centrepiece hire stuff... it never ends!

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Ivew just paid all my balances still have the reception venue which isnt due for another couple of weeks. Got my Hens weekend this weekend and im so excited i get to see my best friend (MOH) she moved away at the end of last year and i havent seen her since i miss her so much and its going to be hard not to just want to be with her all weekend and enjoy the hens :D

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I am still waiting finalisation of entree for our menu. I guess the main stuff is done, it's the finicky small stuff that can be annoying/boring to do. Even just trying to get my MOH to sort out accessories, shoes etc is getting a bit annoying as she keeps being "too busy" ummm 3 weeks DAMMIT!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I WANT to pay all our suppliers NOW - but the DJ & makeup artist will only take cash on the day of the wedding, and the reception venue took a 50% deposit two weeks ago and will invoice us for the rest after the wedding. I just want to pay them already and get it all safely done. :D

On another note, apparently my father quarrelled with my uncle a few weeks back and is not saying he won't come to our wedding (because my uncle will be there?! I don't know why, honestly). My grandmother is upset with my father and is now saying she won't come if he doesn't come. Seriously, I'm not sure I care anymore, I just wish they'll decide for sure and let us know soon - there are friends whom we'd like to invite in their place if they're going to let a stupid family quarrel get in the way of attending our wedding.

Also, I just realised that NO ONE has seen my wedding dress except the dressmaker and me! I forgot to show any of the idea photos to my mum, bridesmaids, or my FMIL. Not even FH has seen the dress, though he went with me to half a dozen bridal studios to try on dresses (poor guy) and has gone with me to every dress fitting (he's been more like a bridesmaid than my bridesmaids!), because the dressmaker won't let him see it, other than the fabric scraps. :) This means it will really be a complete surprise to everyone on the day. Now I'm even more excited, if that's possible!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 16, 2012 11:54 am

We've paid thousands of dollars in bills in the last couple of months, including lots of non wedding related expenses, so the later I can put off paying everyone the better! We haven't run out of money but our savings offset our mortgage. I will probably do a bank transfer a couple of nights before to pay hair and makeup. I'm not mucking around with cash on my wedding day.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 16, 2012 11:58 am

I can't seem to get an answer out of our celebrant as to how to pay him, I just want to this asap! I also have no idea when reception wants us to pay and I still have last part payment for photographer and limo wants cash on the day (annoying) but will charge a big card fee if I pre-pay it via credit card *sigh* why must suppliers be so annoying?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06