A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Re: June 2012

Thu May 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Bridesmaid is finally SORTED - all accessoried! This weekend we're getting Groom & Best Man's shirts, ties etc (they already have cute Transformers Cuff Links and they have their shoes). Also planned for this weekend is paying/sorting all little bits of our honeymoon (connector flights, accomodation for the second part - what day we come back from Sydney etc) and prepping the bonbonieres (they are simple, just being wrapped in gold paper with purple "Thank you for coming" stickers on them. I am also hoping to sort out cars/coaches etc. SOOOO big weekend of wedding stuff - all social inivtations have been ignored! I am getting my shoes tomorrow (I hope) and bridal jewellery (I Hope).

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

My bridesmaid finally bought a dress - she bought a satin off-white knee-length dress. I did say they could get any colour they want to wear, and it didn't have to be floor-length, but, I think this just looks like a flowergirl dress. Especially given her very petite build...

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

My bridesmaid finally bought a dress - she bought a satin off-white knee-length dress. I did say they could get any colour they want to wear, and it didn't have to be floor-length, but, I think this just looks like a flowergirl dress. Especially given her very petite build...

Oh boy..i cant help but laugh a bit..some people are almost willfully difficult. You gave her so much freedom, you'd think she'd be able to pick something appropriate.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

sidonie wrote:

Oh boy..i cant help but laugh a bit..some people are almost willfully difficult. You gave her so much freedom, you'd think she'd be able to pick something appropriate.

My rationale was that we couldn't afford to pay for outfits for the whole bridal party (2GM, 2 BM), and I didn't want to force them to spend their own money on something I wanted which they might not like and never wear again. So we said they could choose their own outfits. The other bridesmaid is wearing her year 12 red formal gown, which is absolutely perfect, and from previous discussions I thought this bridesmaid was going to find something floor-length in a peach chiffon/satin, which would have been lovely.

Really tempted to put her at the back of the bridal party lineup and tell everyone she's the flowergirl. I even have a little toss bouquet that would be perfect as a flowergirl bouquet. :lol:

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

Why would she choose offwhite? Thats a bit retarded - sorry but seriously!? :roll:

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 am

Honestly I don't mind the white, and I do think it is very sweet and pretty. But it does look like a flower girl dress!

Dress.jpg

I am wondering now if I should just pay for her to get a more formal dress... I could afford the one dress for her, but I don't want to be unfair since the other three bridal party members got their own outfits.

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm

GAH! Been so busy, I miss so much stuff in here!!!

Zen, what a beautiful bouquet! You should be so proud of yourself!!

Manda, have an awesome hens! I was the same with seeing my besty, but I managed to spend time with everyone! Cant wait to hear all about it!!

Gdemon, I think its a tad flowergirl-y, and I agree with little miss about the colour..what was she thinking..Its up to you though, its your day, if you arent 100% on something - change it! Ive used that mindset abit over the past couple of weeks...hehehe

Little Miss, can I get a YEAH SISTER on the crappy fiddly bits n pieces to do! haha They are like high school maths homework, Id rather say my dog ate it than do it!

We have paid off our rings, my dress, bouquets, honeymoon :D WOOO! One week in palm cove with a spa! Weather better be good! Part of our package is choc-dipped strawberries and champagne delivered to our room EVERY evening! We will probably be welcoming a few extra kg's Id say hahaha

2 more weeks of work..What a drag! Let me be married already :D

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am

How is everyone going? Zenyatta - countdown time!

I've finally printed out all my reception stationery, I need to find time to put them all together by Friday. Had an INSANE week last week - three driving lessons, two dance lessons, the makeup trial and final dress fitting all in 5 days!

Trying to get my P's before the wedding, because I'm just sick of the delays (been on Ls for 4 years now) - so I've had to cram in the final driving test TWO days before the wedding, which also happens to be FH's 30th birthday with a big family dinner planned!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 pm

wowee you're going to be a busy girl!

Yep, saturday week now. I am nearly finished my second of 3 bouquets, then I start flowers for table centrepieces, cake flowers and GMs after that. Phew! I still need to arrange a treasure chest, purchase lighting for the reception, get wraps or cardigans for the girls, a few other bits and pieces... my partner is taking care of the ceremony booklets and table placecards.... there are lots of other little things to do as well but those are the most important things!

I had my dress fitting and hens' night on saturday - I am very happy with how the dress looks and hens' was fun!!!!

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Wow we are making progress ladies well done!

My hens weekend was fantastic over on Magnetic Island with the gorgeous sun out and my best of friends with me. Was perfect for me and my bridemaids did a perfect job of organising it. We even had a latin dance lesson at the house! Perfect! :heart:

I cant believe that i only have two days left of work (after today) and that ill be a married women next weekend so excited :lol:

Still have a few things to do place cards, pics of the table numbers, MUSIC (ipod wedding), powerpoint with pics of dad and I, emergency bag, pack for honeymoon, organize cleaning of cars, change money for the honeymoon, organise all the centrepieces to be dropped of at reception, pick up linen, hair trail, one las dance lesson, ceremony practise, nails did, waxing and tan (takes up all my day practically on Friday) altho im getting a massage and scrub than as well. I really cant wait tho so excited. :P

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Well - I just printed out my seating chart lists and painstakingly cut them to size during my lunch hour. And then my dad calls to say he's bringing his partner after all!!

Mind you, I like her - she originally declined because she could not take leave but has managed to swing a few days off work after all. I'm glad she come, but couldn't they have told me maybe, oh 2 hours earlier - before I did the bloody seating chart??? Now I have to start over again. :evil:

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Stress time! Sheesh My TO DO LIST! (2 weeks today - weekday wedding) 6/6

Pick up dress (last fitting - make sure is ok) on Sat
Make place cards (have materials)
Make table plan (have done draft just need the pretty one)
attach fan labels to fans for ceremony
Finish decorative wrapping the bonboniere
Make up the cute checklists to go with disposable cameras
Write my speech (will do it the night before)
Pay last bit of ceremony venue hire fee
Book limo and pay (is tentative currently)
Draw up MC run sheet
Draw up all run sheets for the day (drafts already done just need altering and sending to photographer, function coordinator and given to Best Man, MOH & MC)
Compile music - all chosen, just needs to be put onto Ipod and CDs
PACK BAGS (Destination wedding Woo!)
Meet with celebrant once we arrive
Put dress in for steaming (already booked)
Check into hotel
Phone all suppliers one week prior to wedding to ensure they are all still doing what they're meant to.

I think I'm nearly there!

8O I hope I haven't forgot anything :wink:

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am

We've done our first test ceremony booklet but not sure where to get the printing done. Arrghh.. I set us a deadline of this saturday to have them all 100% finished.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 am

I keep trying to do things and then getting hurdles. Bit frustrating. I'm also finding that a lot of suppliers and trying to make us pay cash even though they can take credit card but are saying we have to pay hefty fees if we put things on credit card. So frustrating as I don't want to leave my bank account empty while I'm away with mortgages and stuff. I'd rather put a few things on card then pay them off when I get back and not be worried about anything happening while I'm O/S... hmmm

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm

I've baked 4 cakes today, 8+ kg in all. 2 more cakes to go and I can start putting the wedding cake together... 8O

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sun May 27, 2012 5:38 pm

wooowwwww... show us pics!

Well today has just not been my day. My car has given up on me and I am facing the prospect of my final week without a car. Next Saturday is forecast rain and my partner will have to work even harder this week after his colleague has fallen ill unexpectedly... and I still am not happy with my table centrepieces and I haven't even started on so much other stuff. The booklet printing is proving problematic. Feeling very negative!! oh and his new passport hasn't even arrived yet and we applied for a renewal weeks ago.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm

I don't like our table centerpieces either! Im thinking about not having centerpieces at all...

robbieslady

Mon May 28, 2012 5:35 am

Zenyatta wrote:
wooowwwww... show us pics!

Well today has just not been my day. My car has given up on me and I am facing the prospect of my final week without a car. Next Saturday is forecast rain and my partner will have to work even harder this week after his colleague has fallen ill unexpectedly... and I still am not happy with my table centrepieces and I haven't even started on so much other stuff. The booklet printing is proving problematic. Feeling very negative!! oh and his new passport hasn't even arrived yet and we applied for a renewal weeks ago.

Zenyatta, I'd follow up on that passport, just because, I had mine renewed a few months back, and I thought it'd be safe being delivered as they're supposed to be registered post, but came home from work and it was dumped on my doorstep, after, with my neighbor having written on the envelope saying it'd been dumped on her doorstep! I rang Australia Post and made a complaint!

Well I start a new job. Tomorrow (today). Crappy timing really, but I can't just think about the wedding, I need to think about our future also. So I am really dreading the next 2 weeks, the lack of sleep, and the rush really!
We have tried so hard this weekend to knock off majority of what was left, but then FH got called out to site (he usually works in a cushy construction back house role), so he disappeared for all of Saturday! The 3 company co-owners are invited to our wedding, so it's not like they weren't sure if he had nothing on!

FH has a friend who called today to ask if he could not RSVP until wednesday this week, as he may have a business conference to go to in Qld. Ok, there's nothing he can do about that, but RSVP was due a month ago, and although he didn't send an RSVP card, he'd verbally told FH multiple times that he was coming. So I can't move ahead with the seating chart printing until Wednesday night now....agggggh.

I'm really nervous all of a sudden, and it's not even all the 'big day' nerves. We are having 6 interstate guests stay at our house the night before, so my 2 bridesmaids, my Nanna, my Step Mum, a best friend from school, a cousins partner, plus me, and my two little girls. We have a decent sized house, but I am a space person. I like being in my own house, doing my own thing. I am excited, but overwhelmed at the same time. And I am just not feeling like entertaining people while trying to keep it together with the wedding.... I just need to remember to breathe.

We have so many wedding meetings after work this week, I am looking forward to them, at the same time, sad that this will be done soon. It's alright though, my 8 year old has started planning her 9th birthday.... For next January. I have to keep reminding her, that we do not have socialite incomes to fund her 'awesome' party!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 am

Good luck on the first day of work, Robbieslady.

I know the feeling - I had my seating chart all to put together when I had one more guest decide to come and another guest drop out so I had to redo it. I'm not going to put it together till the day before - I'm sure if I did it all up now it'd just be tempting fate to have someone else cancel or something!

Today's my last day of work before taking leave for wedding and honeymoon. It's going to be a busy one though and I really need to leave on time to pick up the last few bits before the shops close.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 am

It's my last day at work today! EEEEEEEEEEEEeeee!!!!!

I am feeling a bit better - my darling dad isn't working today so he let me borrow his car for a couple of days, here's praying that mine can be fixed very quickly. I am thinking of having two small and one big glass bottle at each table with paper flowers in the top and small jars with tealights in them, plus heart scatters. Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can make them look good? I need to get these finished ASAP! ideas and opinions please, good and bad. When I get home I'll put a pic up of what I've got so far.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12