A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Re: June 2012

Mon May 28, 2012 6:43 pm

The list is getting smaller (phew) How's the stress levels girls?

To Do:

Pay last bit of reception
Pay for Guest Coach
Print the readings on to nice card for the ladies reading them
Put music on to CD for ceremony
Organise play list for Reception and put music list together
MC Run sheet
All other run sheets
Photographer Guests photo list
Copy all travel docs
Pack
Top up pet food and groceries at home for housesitter
Wax, Nails & eyelash tint

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 pm

My stress is through the roof!

To top off the already stressful time that is two weeks out. Two of my sisters decide to go to war with each other. One of whom is my MOH who has been awesome up until now, and the other is my dramatic sister who declined my offer to be my bridesmaid. (there is a stack of underlying drama too but thats family for you!) So in true stressed bride fashion I snapped at my MOH when she told me of their most recent argument. I told her I should get my dress my cake and FH and just go elope. Her reply was 'goodluck with it. Send me a postcard." Since then (almost 2 wks ago) I have hardly heard a peep from my MOH. My other sister is straight out refusing to come to the wedding now and I just want to scream! I broke down on the phone to my mum because Im just so over it all. Why did I waste a year of my life planning this thing when all I want to do now is elope and have a honeymoon?!

10 days out and our ceremony isnt finalised. Or even drafted for that matter. GM gifts havnt arrived in the mail from the US despite ordering over 2months ago (apparently they cant track international orders). Music isnt organised. Lolly table isnt finalised. And a gazillion other things that havnt been done. The thing is, I dont give a rats at this point in time! I think Ive become Bridezilla!

HELP!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 am

Don't panic! I get married in 3 days and we're still struggling to print booklets and placecards! and I haven't done my music either, starting this today! centrepieces are my main concern at the moment. I've done the GM buttonholes though, very happy with those, and bouquets pretty much done. I just have to focus today. So my list now....

centrepieces.
music.
assemble booklets.
cut placecards.
need a few more jars + bags of lollies.
Last edited by Zenyatta on Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Chewdi - Deep Breathes Chicky I know you're stressed but time to start looking for solutions. Work out a backup GM gift to give them if yours don't arrive in time - even if you get FH to explain and get them a cheapie for the day then give them their proper gift after wedding when it comes. Sisters - send them a text just saying to behave for the wedding and everything else - just make a list and check things off. :heart:

Zen - I'm jealous I have to get through to Friday for my last day of work and I get married in a week! Eeek! I too am losing too much weight though, it's dropping off me and I'm starting to worry my dress will be too big! I'm doing my seating chart tonight - it's very simple not super decorative or impressive LOL just purple card (for the tables) stuck on Gold Glitter card. Easy!

I still have to do:

Music for reception
Call all suppliers to confirm all services today
Ring up and pay wedding decs
Wax, eyelash tint & nails
Pay reception final payment tomorrow (prob do this today)
All the run sheets! SO MANY RUN SHEETS

I'm a bit tired but getting excited!!!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 pm

I got my waxing done this morning! I went to a new place but she was very quick and thorough ;0)

"Shower or two developing" for the 2nd. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Zenyatta wrote:
I got my waxing done this morning! I went to a new place but she was very quick and thorough ;0)

"Shower or two developing" for the 2nd. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??

Just wanted to wish you an amazing wedding Zenyatta!!! Noticed on your other posts that your wedding is in 5 days, thought I would quickly butt in on this forum to say have a wonderful day :D

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 31, 2012 6:31 am

It is 5 am and I am wide awake!!

The cake took 40 hours over the past few days and I am beyond exhausted.

The jewellers forgot to send my earrings in to have the posts remade and just had them lying in store for two weeks and I found out when I went to ask when I could pick them up. They were part of mum's wedding set, and I'd hoped to wear them this Sat. Boy did I chuck a hissy fit in the store... Just as well I have a pair from FH that I can wear..

I've given up on fitting in stuff like a hair trim and nails. Will just have to DIY!!

All the best for Sat, Zenyatta. It looks like showers where I am too. Fingers crossed...

Hope things sort themselves out Chewdi-Koi...
Last edited by gdemon on Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 am

Woohoo first cabs off the ranks this weekend! How exciting! Looking forward to pics!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

If I don't get time to come back and post I just want to wish all the girls getting married this weekend all the very best. Relax and enjoy every moment of your big day!!!! :0) Thank you Wombatta and gdemon for your well wishes :0)

PS - the post office has had the passport for two weeks!!! they just didn't bother to tell us!!! talk about stress we didn't need!!!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 am

Good luck to you girls getting married on Saturday! I'm super excited for you!!!!

Wednesday for me.. 6 days AND COUNTING EEEeeeeK!!!

I can't stop smiling, this is going to be awesome!

:D

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm

So who is getting married this weekend? I'm losing track. Zenyatta you're one yes?

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 pm

I cant believe tomorrow is OUR MONTH ladies!! It has come far too quick!!

Goodluck for saturday Zenyatta!! Its finally here!!

Goodluck Amanda!! My fingers are crossed that the weather in the 'ville fines up for you! Have a beautiful day ladies! dont forget some pics :)

See y'all on the other side..

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

YAY It's June! I cannot wait to be MARRIED!!! :heart: :P

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm a married woman!! I'm so, so happy with how everything turned out in the end. I'm tired though... LOL! no pics to show yet... should get a couple of official ones soon! When I have more time I'll tell the story.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:41 pm

We had the most amazing day yesterday. Can't wait for the photos now because everything went by in a blur...

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 am

It does, doesn't it... it all kind of just happens around you and you are just a spectator watching it go by... did it RAIN for you gdemon? we were not meant to get rain until the evening and it rained all...bloody...day!!! but it was NOT cold and it wasn't windy so we were quite okay. My dress isn't actually all that dirty, there's something about the material that didn't seem to absorb the mud very much.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 am

Yay girls! Looking forward to pics!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 am

:)
Last edited by Zenyatta on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

robbieslady

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 am

Congratulations Zenyatta and Gdemon!

You looked absolutely gorgeous Zen!

It's forecast to rain here on Saturday too, how did you go with it?

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:51 am

It was only a minor annoyance - my dress was always going to get dirty so I didn't worry too much about it... and my hair was in a kind of loose messy style so the rain didn't ruin it. It wasn't cold or windy so we were comfortable enough. I was very happy to have ordered the umbrellas in time though! phew! Being overcast I knew we'd get great pics....
Last edited by Zenyatta on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04