A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Re: 2012 Brides Part 4

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:25 pm

:D :D My Mum has finally booked her flights :D :D I am soooooo EXCITED!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Exciting Tracy! Makes it more real doesnt it!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Hawaiian Wedding wrote:

I can't decide whether I'm more excited about my Mum getting here or about the wedding at the moment!

So many things happening at the moment are making me realise that it's not long and I will be a wife! It's 9 weeks today, by the time christmas and NY are over and done with, it will be 6 weeks eek!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Tracylacy wrote:
Hawaiian Wedding wrote:

I can't decide whether I'm more excited about my Mum getting here or about the wedding at the moment!

So many things happening at the moment are making me realise that it's not long and I will be a wife! It's 9 weeks today, by the time christmas and NY are over and done with, it will be 6 weeks eek!

Wow, it will be here before you (WE) know it!!!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Yay Tracey! How exciting, do you see your mum often?

I hate to be such a downer! But I just finished getting my lolly jars together and I put it all out to see how it looks and I'm not happy! I made a little sign which is cute but I feel like everything I do is just not quite right! I'm probably being overly picky but after putting hundreds (and yes it has definitely been hundreds) of hours into this wedding I feel justified in being picky! I'm going to put some photos up abit later to see what you lovely ladies think if that's okay!

Tracylacy
Mrs. Bart
Mrs. Bart

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 am

JessieK wrote:
Yay Tracey! How exciting, do you see your mum often?

I hate to be such a downer! But I just finished getting my lolly jars together and I put it all out to see how it looks and I'm not happy! I made a little sign which is cute but I feel like everything I do is just not quite right! I'm probably being overly picky but after putting hundreds (and yes it has definitely been hundreds) of hours into this wedding I feel justified in being picky! I'm going to put some photos up abit later to see what you lovely ladies think if that's okay!

When we went away to the UK in Nov last year was the first time that I have seen my Mum in about 10 years, so nope, don't get to see her often. I hoping that these visits are the start of seeing her more often!

I think we are always overly critical of ourselves - I have redone 2 of the DIY things that I have done so far and I'm sure that there will be more! I'm sure that your lolly jars look awesome, but feel free to put pics up cause I want to see!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes Jessie, post some pics for us!! I'm sure they are great, you just don't see it yourself :D

I can only imagine how excited you are Tracy!!

Balls

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:58 pm

They're in my S&T :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Looks great Jessie! Why arent you sure?

Kristy02
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:11 am

Not sure if I posted on your thread about the jars Jess, I tend to forget where I've posted but I think they look great!!

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 am

Well helllooo,

I have NFI how I havnt seen this thread...Anyway just wondering how everyone else is feeling with their countdown tickers ZOOMING past each day?!?!?!? Its starting to freak me out..I started 12months out and now here we are and there is less than six (til june)

Still though I want it to be 2012 so I can say "we are getting married this year" :oops:

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:36 pm

So tried on my replacement dress. I dont want to show you guys until I get it altered (but there is a pic of what its mean tto look like in my S&T i think)

Anyway when I first tried it on I hated it lol had a massive freak out and threw a tanty.

The all of my girlfriends came to the rescue, the really liked it and thought it was lovely. I realised when they asked me specifically what i didnt like it was things that could be easily changed.

Things I like
The little bit of details on the front
I love it from the waist down,
it fits me perfectly make me look curvaceous lol

Things I dont like
The halter strap is too wide - going to get them to replace the strap maybe put some beading on it
The buttons are about 2 inches apart - they are fake buttons over the top of a zip so will get the dressmaker to add more buttons in between.
I need to get the hem taken up and a bussell added
The ruching is wider than I would like it to be but no big deal

So these are the thing that you happen when you order a dress online. Still I have only spent $270 and considering I couldn't find a dress I liked at all I reckon I'm doing pretty well.

Balls

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I can't find the picture of the replacement dress, Mel. What happened to the first dress you got?

Thanks, Kristy!

And welcome chewdi! It's definitely freaking me out, I was just saying to FH the other day "Remember when I was having a whinge because it was a year and a half away? Now it's only like two months away!"

Erin I'm not sure why I'm not sure haha. Just didn't look like what I imagined but I think it's hard to tell without the lollies in it. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to do with the lolly pops.

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I went straight for the photos too, might be both of us looking over it as I can't find the new dress either :(

Honestly, I was the same when my dress arrived. I almost cried when I first tried it on as it was so different to what I'd built up in my mind! Once I let that go and had a few little things added or taken away to suit my style, I love it! And for $300 including alterations I really can't complain. You'd be surprised just how much a dress can grow on you.

LadyLisa

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Ekk.. I can't even remember when my dress is due to arrive... must be soon...

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 am

Nope, couldn' t find Mels dress in her S+T, WE NEED PICS!! :D

Welcome Chewdi! Cant believe it took you so long to find this thread!

Well I needed to order 1 more placecard (Yes, a late RSVP) so while I was paying for postage, I ordered Thank You cards at the same time. I love them! (Probably because they say 'Erin and Matthew XXXX (insert last name here).... ) :heart:

Balls

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:28 am

Awww, that's so cute, Erin!

I hope your dress gets in soon, Lisa! I hope mine gets in soon as well!

I have a feeling something isn't quite right though. I was told twice by two different people (including the manager) that it would be in mid november. Then I called at the start of december to ask where it was and she said it was never meant to be here in november, always the middle of Jan because that's six months. But when I added it back in my head, six months was the middle of december. The middle of Jan will make it seven months. If it's not in by jan I will be majorly pi**ed! It doesn't leave me much time to find someone to do alterations and get them done. No one will give me a price without seeing it. Grr. k, whinge over.

Is anyone else getting super excited though?! I got my sons suit in the post last week and it looks ADORABLE on him. I wish it wouldn't look funny for him to be walking in a jacket that's too big for him though because he looks so cute haha. He thinks it's a buzz lightyear costume for some reason, whenever he see's it he goes "Me, buzz!" It's not a space suit though, I promise, just a cute little grey suit.

sachick90

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am

Jessie - Those Jars look really nice. That sounds pretty dodgy with your dress, but hopefully it comes soon and is perfect :) Thats so cute about the suit.
Chewdi - Welcome to this thread :) Yeah my ticker is definately freaking me out. I remember when I still had over a year to go.
Mel - I cant find any pic either. It's hard to know without it fitting what you want without those alterations but I'm sure you will love it with the alterations that you want.
Darkpheonix - Yeah I know that feeling. I wasn't that keen on my dress, my BM's loved it though.It has now grown on me and I love it lol.
Lisa - Hope your dress arrives soon.

Does anyone know if this thread will be locked when the new year comes?
Well we have final numbers, just organising the last few things.
I'm heaps excited to see my family coming over from Perth. My brother gets here boxing day and everyone else is the 11th.
Scary how fast time has gone. We have dress fitting tomorrow, after that my BM's are forbidden to lose any weight, they have had long enough and I am kind of over waiting to do this fitting.

Can't wait to hear more about everyones plans. :)

Balls

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

I think it might be :( We'll just have to visit all the other months threads to keep up!

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:30 pm

I really hope not. There is hardly anyone in my July thread
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32