A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

August 2012

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:24 pm

A place for all the August 2012 brides to share their plans :)

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Re: August 2012

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:30 pm

am I a loner here :(

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 pm

no, you're not

I've been having problems working out what flowers will be out then for the bouquet so I went and took photos of what a florist had in stock on my iphone. :mrgreen:

Tarz84

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 pm

ooo i am trying to work out my bouquets as well... tossing up between flowers and buttons..... not 100% sure... when is your wedding?

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Mine is 24 August. Looking forward to it, and still have a bit to do, but I'm fairly cruizy about it.

Tarz84

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 pm

omg a wedding date twin...

I have done a lot of the bigger things done.. trying to get the motivation to get my STD's done and out asap..

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 pm

YAY, I have a twin. :D I've always wanted one of them.

I've sent out my save the dates, found my dress, got both wedding rings (mine was a set), booked the celebrant, got the bridal party sorted, found the venue and I'm looking at a photographer tomorrow night.

treenie86

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm here! have been waiting for the August 2012 thread to start, i kept getting lost in the general 2012 one.

I've finally got my engagement ring back, and have seen my wedder aswell and they look absolutly gorgeous together! have to wait till FH next pay day to pay the rest off then i can bring it & FH's ring home. But i'm so glad I was able to get my E-ring, after 6 weeks without i have to get use to wearing it again. THey cleaned it up for me so it looks brand new again! can't believe it had gotten so dirty!

We shall be a close nit bunch if its just the 3 of us. Where are you girls getting married?

Tarz84

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 am

So totally thought I was organised but you gals.. wow I have not even thought about my wedder yet :p OK that's a lie i have thought about it just haven't done anything about it.

I am getting married at Nathania Springs which is in the Dandenong Ranges in VIC. It snowed there this winter so fingers crossed I might be having a white wedding....

So far I have the below sorted
*Photographer
*Videographer
*Reception and Ceremony
*DJ
*Celebrant
*Cars
*a few bits and pieces for the decorations.
* Looking at button bouquets at the moment
and the all important big one! - My dress - I have it its at FIL's place waiting for the big day! sqqqueee its going so quick.

Soooo any reason you chose the dates you did?

Our date is our 5yr anniversary.

treenie86

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Tarz I love Nathania Springs, its such a gorgeous place, and one that we considered. I love the big stained glass windows in the chapel.

We are getting married on the 2nd August and we (well I) chose our wedding date because its our anniversary, our 4th.
We have only done our wedders because I needed to get my engagement ring re-sized and we thought we may aswell look while in the jewllers. Found one that FH liked and the cost of getting mine custom made was cheaper then we had thought it would cost, so thought why wait.

Ok things I have organised so far are:

- Wedding dress (at home hidden in the spare room cupboard)
- bridesmaid dresses
- wedders
- dj (FH's brother)
- photographer (FH's cousin)
- venue - reception & ceremony (Grand Mercure Pinnacle Valley)
- start & finish times of ceremony and reception
- an umbrella for me in case it rains (still trying to find ones for my BM)
- song for walking down the aisle, first dance, walking into the reception and throwing of bouquet

wow i have more organised then i thought I did :D I was starting to panic I wouldn't get everything done

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 pm

We have the ceremony and reception at Ginninderry Homestead in Canberra. I loved the reception venue.

I have organised
both of our wedding rings
my dress
found my head peice
got the bonbonierre boxes
bridesmaid dresses
my dress
celebrant
photographer
menu almost finalised
start & finish times
bridal party
song for walking down the aisle

Looking at stuff for decorations, so I found 5 really big vases cheap, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use them yet.

Tarz84

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 pm

oh i had done more then i thought lol.. got my head peice, and my BM gifts... printing save the dates now! YAY!! feel like i am getting somewhere.

BritBride

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 am

Hi ladies - can I join? I'm getting married 4th August in Sydney, although I'm British and living in the UK. Planning a wedding half way across the world is quite challenging!

I've pretty much got everything sorted. The only big things left to do are bridesmaid dresses, men's suits and rings. Other than that, it's just little things, which we can't do until we know who's coming. Invitations are going out next month (to give people plenty of notice).

TazzaDazza

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm joining too!

I am getting married on 4 August in Melbourne - and to date, all we have organised is the reception venue - The Boulevard in Kew, our photographer - Mark Avellino and our cake - my mum has a friend who is making it.

I am hoping to get some inspiration and motivation from you lovely ladies - I will need to get my skates on if I am going to keep up!!

treenie86

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

is anybody else panicking that they dont have enough time to organise everything that is left? or is it just me :(

Sharali
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm just cruisin along. No panicing happening here. Yeah there is a lot to do, with most of it left to be done next year. I'm on the look out for umbrellas and have found an awesome online store for them. This is the one I like for me from there. http://www.brollydollys.com.au/product/new-hf005

TazzaDazza

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:20 am

Hi Treenie, DON"T PANIC!

I think its sometimes overwhelming on forums like this - lots of the girls here are super organised! and this can make you feel a little underprepared.

I got engaged at the start of the year, and so far, we have organised our reception venue and photographer - literally nothing else! I started to panic a little while a go thinking, oh my goodness, now we are under 12 months, this is going to fly by and I will end up with photos and dinner, and little else, but my BM's reminded me, 10 months is a long time!!

It might be good for you to make a bit of a check list with your FH, and work out what needs to be done immediately, and what can wait a little while - if you can set yourself some goals, you may feel a bit more under control. I have started making a list - and if you search on here, there are a lot that you can tweak to suit your wedding - and am slowly going through it, getting ideas, researching suppliers and getting quotes.

You will be able to pull it off, but I know for me, the more organised I am now, the less stressed I will be in August!

Hope that helps!

aug b2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm joining too. I'm from Sydney and having a destination wedding at Daydream Island.

TazzaDazza

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Aug B2B,

Great to have you, how are the plans coming along? Daydream Island is gorgeous!!

What else have you organised? Very interested to see your theme, and any ideas.

aug b2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi,
Planning is coming along, slowly but surely. We are having a pretty small and intimate wedding about 40 people. At this stage We have picked our bridesmaids/groomsmen, photographer and cake and that is about it, oh, and of course location lol. Not sure of a colour scheme yet, plan to go dress shopping (for both me and bridesmaids) in New Year so will know more then. Because it's a destination wedding we have sent out our STD so people have plenty of notice. I'm not stressing as we have been assigned our wedding co-ordinator and he will pick up things that i'm sure to forget. At the moment i'm trying to find invitations that i like, it's proving difficult, maybe i'm just being too fussy.
How is everyone else going?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06