A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Longtimecoming

Re: October 2012

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 pm

dungie79 wrote:
I'm on a Thursday!! to be honest, I didnt think that most of the people that I invited would be able to make it due to work etc, but they are! I'm so shocked and happy! How have you guys gone with the fact that its not on a weekend?

The only real setback we've had which was due to it being a Friday is that our friend whose car we were using was told he couldn't have the day off anymore so we've had to find another car instead :(

I thought a few of my interstate relatives might not be able to make it due to work but so far those I thought of are all coming.

Apart from having to give my daughter a day off school which she doesn't want to do because she loves school lol I haven't really noticed any difference to it being on a weekend.

Longtimecoming

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm

peony wrote:

That is so exciting!!!! I won't get to take mine home till maybe the week before, so no prancing around the house in my gown for me :(
Hehe, probably for the best.

Anyways, I love love love your dress too :) It's really unique.. I've never seen anything like it

LOL I will have to stop myself prancing around in it! But the main reason I'm getting it a bit early is because I have to decide whether to get the bust area altered because it is slightly too big or just buy some chicken fillets and a good bra to fill it out! FMIL will be doing the alterations if needed and she is very time poor so dont want her to have to rush it!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm

You all seem to be oganised ^^

Ok girls, think the stress is starting to finally set in - i was getting worried there for a while that everyone else is stressing expcept me! lol

6 weeks to go, but i still think i am fairly organised. Time will tell.

Got my dress fitting next week and mum and my sister is coming over for it - cant wait.

Still to do

Seating plan - will do it the week before when i get home so i can do it with mum
Lingerie - hope to buy some in Perth next week when i go for dress fitting
BM Dress alterations - the girls will do this themselves buit at least we have dresses now they have arrived!
Girls are getting their own shoes
Not sure what to do about jewellery or hair pieces - might go shopping in Perth next week.
Table centre pieces - will do the week before when i get home
Groomsmen ties - girls are going to get to match the dress colour - pretty easy i should imagine
Still have to write vows.......eeek!
Still waiting for 2 couples to RSVP
Need to buy a gift for MIL...I was waiting as long as possible to get her a watch so she can exchange it if she doesn't like it.
Bon Bon/favours - Have purchased choc's on saturday and name labels have bene done for a while, i just need to sit down and put them together.
Ummm......I have no idea what i have missed and thats the problem! haha

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Longtimecoming wrote:

LOL I will have to stop myself prancing around in it! But the main reason I'm getting it a bit early is because I have to decide whether to get the bust area altered because it is slightly too big or just buy some chicken fillets and a good bra to fill it out! FMIL will be doing the alterations if needed and she is very time poor so dont want her to have to rush it!

Let us know how you go! and post pics when you can please :wink:

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 pm

October is creeping ever closer. How scary!! My work mate is getting married in 2 weeks.. For the last few months we would talk about our weddings as a distant future thing, and now hers is nearly here - it's really starting to hit home for me, eep 8O

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

peony wrote:
October is creeping ever closer. How scary!! My work mate is getting married in 2 weeks.. For the last few months we would talk about our weddings as a distant future thing, and now hers is nearly here - it's really starting to hit home for me, eep 8O

Its four weeks today for me! As if this second, I am OK with that! But maybe not in ten minutes hahahha. At least, all the appointments are booked etc. My DJ is going to India next week, so we have to choose all of the songs by then.. Good luck with that since FH is OS at the moment!! My celebrant is also away a week before the wedding, so have to do them soon too... and there goes the stress levels again!

Bons should be delivered today and my cute little Bridesmaids tops I ordered from America are on their way. Earrings purchased on the weekend. Im also looking for something small and cute to put in my hair. My hair is really fine and my head is kinda small (!) so everything that I see is too big! I am seriously thinking of getting a brooch and super glueing a pin to it!
peony wrote:
Longtimecoming wrote:

prance all you want!!!! I would put it on every night if I could!! wear the cr&p out of it!!

Let us know how you go! and post pics when you can please :wink:

Longtimecoming

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Hahahahaha Don't wanna wear it out and look awful on the day :wink:

6 weeks today for me!!

Flowergirl basket and ring pillow arrived today, got a few more things on the way too and all appointments set up so feeling organised at the moment. Oh except I need to search for a reading or 2 for the celebrant to read at the ceremony but keep forgetting to do it :roll: Need to tape a big sign to my computer screen!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Dont worry i have sticky notes in all sorts of places......not that i have remebered to do any of them haha

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Well its 4 weeks and 2 days today for me :y_shoched:
I am getting my dress fitted on thursday for my one and only fitting so hopefully they got the right dress!
Mum and my sister fly into Perth tomorrow night to come with me and i will hopefully get to see my sister's dress in person too.
Lots of shopping on the cards for things like lingerie, hair pieces, jewellry, mum's outfit, bits and pieces in the next few days. I will definantly be all shopped out by saturday i think.

How is everyone else going with everything? a few of you girls will only be 2 weeks away?

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 pm

adrienne wrote:
Well its 4 weeks and 2 days today for me :y_shoched:
I am getting my dress fitted on thursday for my one and only fitting so hopefully they got the right dress!
Mum and my sister fly into Perth tomorrow night to come with me and i will hopefully get to see my sister's dress in person too.
Lots of shopping on the cards for things like lingerie, hair pieces, jewellry, mum's outfit, bits and pieces in the next few days. I will definantly be all shopped out by saturday i think.

How is everyone else going with everything? a few of you girls will only be 2 weeks away?

That's def something to look forward to! I'm sure that it will go perfectly! Shopping for those kinda things are fun aren't they? And I think a lot easier to choose.

I'm three weeks away on Thursday.. Feels like we are dropping like flies.. one by one.. hehehe its a terrible analogy I know!

I have almost done most of things that I wanted to do.. Just annoying fiddly bits to do now. Wanna hear my schedule for the day that I arrive?

11:30am arrive in Melb
Pop into my local shopping centre for the watch to be engraved and to pick up supplies for my Out of town bags
Go home and have a shower
Go back to the shopping centre, pick up watch
Head into the city, drop off Out of Town bag, dress fitting
get hair done
write thank you cards and write names on placecard and gift tags
Pass out..
Somewhere in between this, I was hoping to eat!
And then for the next six days, repeat!

Should be lots of fun!!!

Does anyone have any ideas about guests writing messages? I had this great idea where guests would write a message and then hang it up on a cherry blossom tree. FH went out and bought a polaroid printer, which seems to be pointless as it doesnt really print straight from the camera to the printer. I was thinking of a Polaroid, but the film is going to cost $300!!!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Sounds much like my schedule!

On the thursday night (11th) We catch a 6pm flight from Kalgoorlie to Perth, then midnight redeye from Perth to Brisbane getting there at 6am, then get the 7am flight to Gladstone. Get picked up (hopefully) at 8am friday. Say hello to EVERYONE, go order the cheesecake and pavlova, probably go shopping with mum then lunch. Hope to get a sleep (unlikely), then dinner and FH has is bucks that night (i was smart and made mine the saturday night) then get my trial hair done on saturday, hens sat night, my MOH's baby shower with a hangover on the Sunday, then have to drive down to Agnes waters sunday arvo to meet with the photographer and drive back (1 & 1/2 hr each way). Check out our house on the monday and it goes on like that from there. I havent even put a list together for the friday before the wedding (19th)!
Off the top of my head - Pick up hire car, pick up the cake & cheesecakes, pick up flowers, try and fit everything in the cars, drive down before lunch (as if!) then have to meet with the celebrant friday afternoon, unpack and set up all the tables and chairs for the reception, talk to the resturant, blow up about 100 - 200 balloons for the ceiling (mum decided this 2 days ago), say hello to all our guests who are also getting there on the friday, and my sister wanted to spoil me at a day spa to get our nails done on the friday too! not sure how we will fit it all in!

Im exhausted thinking about it!

As for the messages, I suggested to a friend to use some left over invitiation card (which was recycled cardboard) cut up with a piece of string hole punched into it with a black board just asking to leave a message to the couple and a big vase for them to go in as she is also doing large gum nuts for each person to write their name on to go in a vase as a keep sake and i suggested she attach the left over invite card to each gumnut so she gets both.

I also had a thought to buy a big blank photo album with the black or white card that you normally use for scrap booking and write each family or couples name at the top of the page, then ask guests to find their page and write a messge then i was going to get everyone's photo after the wedding (cause i am asking for a photo of each couple and family on the "I Spy cards") then i was goingto stick that photo on the page they wrote on. That was my idea but then FH said what happens when people write on the wrong page or dont write at all? So somethign to consider. I am now having nothing lol.
Last edited by adrienne on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Sounds like a great idea with the guestbook! Could you have a dedicated person (a relative maybe?) who takes the book around to all the tables?

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Most of my time lately has been devoted to setting up our home (we've never lived together before), so getting a bit worried that neither thing will be sorted in time..
and of course nothing runs smooth :lol: of COURSE it should so happen that as I complete the seating arrangements, arrange the name cards in table order and prepare the seating chart, we get asked if plus ones and family friends can come. I don't mind inviting these people, but why couldn't this have been raised all those weeks ago? Gahhh.... all I can do at these times is shake it off and laugh :lol:

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Oh my gosh Adrienne!!!!

My head is spinning reading about your plans!! I thought that mine were bad! It will certainly be a whirlwind! I just thought that by the time, you will be up in the air flying, I will have already gotten married! Argh! scary!

but, you know what.. i reckon that we will prob be a lot calmer because we have so much to do, than if we didn't. At least that's what I am going with!

Thanks for the blackboard idea! Its def something to think about.. I am not really sure what we are going to do about it at the moment and its not really something that I want to stress about! I just realised that FH hasnt even booked the flight for his brothers to fly down from the gold coast! grrrrrrrrrrr

peony... I am trying to do the same thing.. FH is moving in.. umm when I don't know, since four days after we get back, he is going to America for a week.. and we havent even bought a double bed yet!! arghhhhhhhhh

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 pm

dungie79 wrote:

peony... I am trying to do the same thing.. FH is moving in.. umm when I don't know, since four days after we get back, he is going to America for a week.. and we havent even bought a double bed yet!! arghhhhhhhhh

Our bed is finally arriving tomorrow after 5-6 weeks, get a move on!! Arghhhhhhh!!!! :lol:
Panic mode has truly set in... there's NOT ENOUGH TIIIIIIIME!!! 8O

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:49 am

peony wrote:
dungie79 wrote:

Our bed is finally arriving tomorrow after 5-6 weeks, get a move on!! Arghhhhhhh!!!! :lol:
Panic mode has truly set in... there's NOT ENOUGH TIIIIIIIME!!! 8O

I tried to get him to move in months ago, so we wouldnt have to deal with this issue, but i am guessing that its the same cultural issues as you...

I am in the frame of mind that if things dont work out the way that they should be in my head, then it cant be helped.. i cant expect things to be perfect due to the fact that we are getting married in another country and he has a business trip... We will all be fine! Maybe concentrate on the wedding and worry about the other stuff later.. if he hasnt fully moved in after you get married, then as long as you guys are together, then thats fine! I have images of FH still sleeping at home after we come back!!! god......

Longtimecoming

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi girls

Wow reading all your posts about all the travel etc is making me really glad we decided to get married here in Brisbane where we live rather than Northern NSW where most of my family are! Lots of relatives are travelling but at least that's all they have to do then they get to enjoy the party!

So 5 weeks today for me! I picked up my dress yesterday :D :D :D :D :D Didn't get to try it on though because I had to work in the morning then pick kids up from school/kindy so by the time I got home I only got to get it out for a quick look and hold it up against me before FH got home from work and I had to hide it away.

RSVP date is today - only 5 couples I haven't heard from so will chase them up next week.

We are meeting with our photographer tomorrow morning to look around where we are all getting ready and the ceremony and reception venues so she knows whats there and can get some ideas for the day. I'm excited about that, makes it all seem so close!

My mum & dad are coming up on Sunday so mum will help me do seating plan and placecards and we are going shopping for a few things like toasting glasses, guest book which I'm not even sure if I want but if I see any I really like I guess I'll get them. My sister had a guestbook last year and hardly anyone signed it so don't really know if its worth it?

Also need to get the choccies for the bonbonierre.

Then I have hair and makeup trial next thursday and then a date night with FH since I'll be looking all flash :P (doesn't happen very often for us!)

So thats my plans for the next week or so, gonna be busy considering it's school holidays as well so will have to keep the kids entertained at the same time!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Well girls i have picked up my dress!

Rather than double up, check out my S&T for the full story.

Not long now girls!

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Two weeks today and I dont feel the way that I thought I should be feeling.. *sigh*. Families eh?!

Anyway, most things are done from this end. Suppliers all paid and hopefully invoices on their way shortly. The only thing that I need to do before I leave is finish my speech and make the Oos and burn the ceremony CD..

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 am

dungie79 wrote:
Two weeks today and I dont feel the way that I thought I should be feeling.. *sigh*. Families eh?!

Anyway, most things are done from this end. Suppliers all paid and hopefully invoices on their way shortly. The only thing that I need to do before I leave is finish my speech and make the Oos and burn the ceremony CD..

It'll all be over soon.... thats what i keep telling myself lol

I am feeling depressed about the lack of "friends" i have after planning my own hens for Kalgoorlie which i was told in no uncertain terms i must have (then that person wont be here now!) so its a total of 3 work people and 2 people i am good friends with since moving here which is pizza and drinks in my back yard :e_boohoo: - Party hard - NOT! , and trying to make a list to my BM/MOH of people to invite for my hens at home (includes/makes up mostly people NOT invited to the wedding as its a family only wedding and they wont be there til the weekend after) of which there is only me, my sister, my MOH and her sister in law that are our age (20-30yrs) coming. Everyone else is over 50 :oops: . Not that thats an issue but it really hits home that i just dont have many friends my age.

I think i need that drink now!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11