A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: October 2012

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

i think that it is a pretty common thing to think! I was chatting with one of my friends who is getting married in March next year and she is already over it! Its been really stressful with doing everything online and then having FH away all of the time, like seriously, in the next seven weeks, he is away for a month as a whole! Grrrrr. I just hope that our FH understand and realise everything that we have done to make this day great! prob not though! I wanna print out all of my emails and make him see them all! Prob I would kill a few trees though! ahhah

Half! wow! people are strange arent they? I put a stamp on all of them, so they didnt even have to go to the post office! I even got international reply coupons for the o/s guests! They all replied via facebook! and like you dont have enough things to do, but to chase ppl up!

Are you guys having a hens day/night?

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Welcome back dungie! Would love to hear all about your dress shopping experience :D Details!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit over it all. It feels terrible to say it out loud, but it's like running out of steam on the home stretch...
It's just hit me how much there is left to do, omg. You ladies sound like you have it all together though :)
Adrienne, my RSVPs are about half as well. My deadline is 1st September and I'm at:

47% yes
14% no
39% not a peep

Anyways at the moment our main focus has been on moving so wedding plans have kind of fallen by the wayside.
Shopping for homewares is seriously SO FUN!! Totally trumps wedding hehehe

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 pm

I admitadly feel pretty relaxed and calm about it all - which is worrying me - am i suposed to be stressing out right now? What have i not thought about or forgotten?

On Another note; I went corset shopping with a friend who is getting married on the same day as me! here in Kalgoorlie last night. She asked me to come to her dress fitting earlier in the week after she had a melt down on her own the week before (family and friends not here), but it went well. She bought a $200 online dress that arrived way too big for her, but we will fix it. So we went corset shopping last night and was told to try the sex shops! So we hit the sex shops and giggled like little school girls. First shop and bingo! she looked amazing in this corset and the shop assistant wanted a peek too and just about flung her accross the room doing it up! (lace up) it was the funniest thing ever! She bought it no questions asked (only $100 and its white!) and neither of us could believe the difference! cant wait to see her with the dress over it next week now! I think it will be amazing! (i hope for her sake it is as well).

We realised last night there are a few things we have overlooked so we are going to sit down together tomorrow and work out some lists but i'm sure we will get it sorted! Im just a bit annoyed i only met her only a few months ago and not a year ago when i started planning all this stuff!

Dungie, yeah i addressed and stamped all the rsvp envelopes myself as well so they had no reason not to reply! We had 1 more RSVP arrive last night but am still short mostly my family haha so i asked mym to chase them up for me next time she's talking to them. I know some of them are coming but i dont have the card that says "yes".

Oh annnnnddddd! My dress has arrived in Perth!! Got the phone call during the week! But im not going to Perth until 20th Sept to try it on and get it altered etc so i still have to wait! Mum and my sister are coming over for the fitting which will be good. I got that little excited gut feeling when i got the call which i wasn't expecting but it was nice to see myself actually getting a little excited about the whole deal haha!

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 pm

peony wrote:
Welcome back dungie! Would love to hear all about your dress shopping experience :D Details!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit over it all. It feels terrible to say it out loud, but it's like running out of steam on the home stretch...
It's just hit me how much there is left to do, omg. You ladies sound like you have it all together though :)
Adrienne, my RSVPs are about half as well. My deadline is 1st September and I'm at:

47% yes
14% no
39% not a peep

Anyways at the moment our main focus has been on moving so wedding plans have kind of fallen by the wayside.
Shopping for homewares is seriously SO FUN!! Totally trumps wedding hehehe

39% not a peep!!??? are you serious!? I really dont understand ppl! I mean if you sent out Save the Dates, ppl should be aware and even not, either you can come or can't! I know that its not that black and white though!

My dress experience was certainly interesting and although it was fun, its not something that I would want to do again! Its kinda a long story, but ill try to shorten it! Coz I live overseas, I only had two weeks to go dress shopping! I contacted Wendy Makin ages ago before Brides of Melbourne went broke and arranged an appointment for the 29th July as Wendy was down from Brisbane. i was able to retain that appointment at Wendy new store in Melbourne. Yay! So the previous Monday, i went out shopping to see a Martina Liana dress that I had looked at! It was sooo gorgeous, but the sales lady was so rude and pushy, telling me that I had to buy it that day, or it couldnt be altered it time. I had a mini freak out coz I didnt want to miss out on trying Wendy's dresses, so I was able to pop in there that same day. OMG.. the staff were so friendly and not at all pushy. I decided to forgo the other dress as it was gorgoeus, but too much. I visited a few other stores, but they were all the same.. rude. The amount of times the sales staff told me that it was impossible to alter an off the rack design in that time and one even snorted when I mentioned that Wendy could make a dress in that time and stated that she highly doubted that it would be tailored made. And they all bitched about each other! I met with Wendy that Sunday and again OMG, she is amazing. I really liked the lace on the bodice of one dress but it was more of a mermaid style, so we held up another dress which had a princess tulle skirt and my dream dress was found! So, basically I found an order made dress in less than two months to go!!! I would recommend her a million times over! Argh long story! sorry!!

I am definately over it and yay for homestuff shopping!!! I do agree that its way easier and alot more interesting! Plus its hard not to be over it when you have to deal with family members and friends and everything else! I had a mini meltdown this morning! hahah

peony what else do you have to do at this stage?

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:45 pm

@Adrienne, i wouldnt worry too much if you aren't stressing! It prob means that everything has fallen into place! I am only stressing because I am so time limited in between getting dress alterations, beauty appointments and picking up o/s guests. I arrive a week before, so I am literally going straight to the city from the airport to get my dress fitting!

OMG, thats sounds like it was hysterical! I love those little random adventures!

And how exciting about your dress arriving! I bet that you will be counting down the days, just so you can try it on! Do you have any pics?

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:05 pm

We still have to:

- finish name cards (as RSVPs come in)
- chase RSVPs
- organise seating
- make up seating charts
- ceremony choices
- music choices
- meetings with vendors
- finalise timeline/run sheet for all the vendors
- make up bomboniere boxes
- suit alterations
- beauty appointments
- hens/bucks

All this has to be done in between other stuff we need to do to move our into our apartment. This weekend is dedicated for apartment stuff, and next weekend is a write-off with a friend's hens and then Father's Day. We are running out of weekends here!!

Anyways, dungie your dress sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see pics :) When do you get it?

Adrienne, did you end up buying a corset for yourself too? I never got the appeal of them until I tried one on myself. Some of them are incredible!
So exciting your dress is in, but how frustrating that you have to wait so long to see it :lol:

Longtimecoming

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi everyone

Wow most of you sound way more organised than me LOL I am getting there though.

We only sent invites out 2 weeks ago - RSVP date is 21 Sept but I have a few back already from those eager and organised people who pretty much sent them back as soon as they received them! Plus I have family coming from interstate so they are organising accommodation etc too. A few people have said they will have to organise a day off work (my wedding is on a friday) so won't RSVP til they've confirmed that but should be all good.

I finally decided on a cake design and paid a deposit on that so thats sorted. Also found a hairdresser at a price I can afford, just need to find a make up artist now. Got a DJ booked but still need to settle on songs for first dance, walking down the aisle, cutting cake etc etc etc Every time I think I've decided I hear another song and think Oh I need that!

My dress is due to be paid for and picked up by the 20th Sept then I just need to get it altered slightly. Can't wait to have it here, I LOVE my dress! :D

The only other major thing I need to decide on is flowers, keep changing my mind on colours and still not even sure if I'm gonna go with real or fake!!

Then there's all those things to do for the reception - place cards, seating charts, bonbonierre

Oh also gotta find another car, we were using a friends Premier with him driving it but now his boss has told him he is going away for the 2 weeks that our wedding falls in the middle of so being that he is 2IC he can't take the day off anymore :(

Wow so my list is still quite long! And yeah Peony, we are the same, running out of weekends - fathers day this weekend, bf's sons the next weekend, my sons the weekend after that.....

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Longtimecoming, that is a lot you have left to do!! Get your skates on!! :lol: Just kidding, you'll be fine
That's great you have gotten most of the major things out of the way... especially the all important dress!! Can you tell us about it? :)

ps - Adrienne and I know all about changing our minds re: flowers!

Longtimecoming

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm

LOL Peony I know I know! But considering we've been together 12 years on our wedding day, engaged for 8 and only decided mid May this year to actually set the date, I'm doing pretty well :wink:

http://miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=372&sname=&cname=&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0 This is my dress :heart: :heart: :heart:

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Wow your dress is amazing Longtimecoming.

Peony, not yet - i saw that website someone posted about the cheap australian site, i am really seriously thinking about taking the risk. i had plans to go try one on at the same shop last night but didnt get around to it as we had a few other things on our lists to get done first (went shopping with the other bride again last night). my problem is that i am alot bigger busted than anything in he shops and that website doesnt really specify much info to help me decide online either.

Printed out the schedule of events today, so i can tick that off my list & My BM dresses are in the mail ad the cake topper arrived yesturday!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Longtimecoming wrote:
LOL Peony I know I know! But considering we've been together 12 years on our wedding day, engaged for 8 and only decided mid May this year to actually set the date, I'm doing pretty well :wink:

http://miasolano.com/gallerydetails.asp?main_id=372&sname=&cname=&cat_id=27&subcat_id=0 This is my dress :heart: :heart: :heart:

That dress is amazeballs! Fantastic choice :D

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Well girls, we can now all say... we are getting married NEXT MONTH!! 8O :D

How are we all feeling? I'm excited, but so nervous that there's so little time too.. and yet oddly calm as well?!?

Now that the RSVP deadline has lapsed, I am at:

65% yes
14% no
21% quiet as a mouse

The followups begin!!

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:56 pm

peony wrote:
Well girls, we can now all say... we are getting married NEXT MONTH!! 8O :D

How are we all feeling? I'm excited, but so nervous that there's so little time too.. and yet oddly calm as well?!?

Now that the RSVP deadline has lapsed, I am at:

65% yes
14% no
21% quiet as a mouse

The followups begin!!

That made me vomit up a little in my mouth!!!! hahahha waaaaaaahhh scary!

21% as quiet as a mouse??!!! I think that everyone should plan a wedding! Then they know what we are going through! My BM hasnt replied still, but I know that she is coming.. I really dont know what I could have done better short of putting a letterbox outside their door! Good luck with the followups!

I kinda feel like I am on the home stretch now, with most things done and dusted. Really all that is left to do is finalise the seating plans and menus and all of the paperwork the venue requires.
- Order place and thank you cards
-Choose the wedding songs (hard!!!)
- Complete and print out OoS and translate OoS
- Make running sheets for the bus pickups and the EMCEE
- Print out photos!

I think that that is it!!! and then land in Oz on the 4th and hit the ground running!!!!

inlovemiss

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 pm

We are getting married on October 19th 2012 :D Very soon!

I am feeling nervous/excited and anxious all rolled into one!

I think we are mostly organised there are only those last minute things now like getting all RSVPs in and picking up dresses and suits and meeting with the priest :D

How is every one else feeling?

x

Longtimecoming

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks girls - I've said it before but I'll say it again - I LOOOOOVE my dress! :D :heart: Spoke to the bridal store this morning, they are sending it off to be cleaned today. Thursdays are the only day I can get to the store so could have had it next week but thats my sons birthday so already very busy that day so leaving it there for another week. It will be in my hot lil hands the next Thursday though!

peony wrote:Well girls, we can now all say... we are getting married NEXT MONTH!! 8O :D

7 weeks today for me!!!! Getting excited now I've got final meetings with photographer, celebrant etc organised. Hair and makeup are sorted since my last update. Still gotta decide on flowers but that's top of my list for next week.

Longtimecoming

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi inlovemiss

I see you're going to be a Friday bride like me :) You sound very organised with such a short to do list unlike me LOL

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Longtimecoming wrote:
Hi inlovemiss

I see you're going to be a Friday bride like me :) You sound very organised with such a short to do list unlike me LOL

I'm on a Thursday!! to be honest, I didnt think that most of the people that I invited would be able to make it due to work etc, but they are! I'm so shocked and happy! How have you guys gone with the fact that its not on a weekend?
It seems that most people have taken the Friday off too and we are having a massive recovery BBQ at my parents house!

It was 5 weeks to go yesterday, and I feel mostly in control (for now), but lots of little things to do, and FH is off o/s for a week and a half, so kinda have had to plan things before then. Four weeks until I'm on a plane back to Melbourne and then the whirlwind of everything happens!!!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Longtimecoming wrote:
It will be in my hot lil hands the next Thursday though!

That is so exciting!!!! I won't get to take mine home till maybe the week before, so no prancing around the house in my gown for me :(
Hehe, probably for the best.

Anyways, I love love love your dress too :) It's really unique.. I've never seen anything like it

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 pm

inlovemiss wrote:
We are getting married on October 19th 2012 :D Very soon!

I am feeling nervous/excited and anxious all rolled into one!

I think we are mostly organised there are only those last minute things now like getting all RSVPs in and picking up dresses and suits and meeting with the priest :D

How is every one else feeling?

x

Hi inlovemiss! Congrats!! I'm feeling the same.. excited, but also anxious about all the usual things..
What if the day is a flop and no one enjoys themselves?
What if my dress is a laughing stock?
What if I look ugly and that's captured in the pictures forever?! Hahaha.. silly, but that's what's going through my head atm

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:46 pm

dungie79 wrote:
It was 5 weeks to go yesterday, and I feel mostly in control (for now), but lots of little things to do, and FH is off o/s for a week and a half, so kinda have had to plan things before then. Four weeks until I'm on a plane back to Melbourne and then the whirlwind of everything happens!!!

5 weeks, jeepers.. saying it like that is just plain scary :lol:
It's the "lots of little things" that drive me bananas:

- SO still to get his suit altered
- SO still hasn't bought his shirt
- We ended up getting different ties for the GMs than planned.. they're a weird almost taffeta-like silk, which makes finding matching fabric for pocket squares very difficult! (Can we have matte ties and a shiny satin pocket square??)
- Seating charts still to do
- need to complete name cards
- need to order choc hearts and assemble bombonniere boxes
- need to make ceremony choices, music choices etc
- need to have final meetings with suppliers (but first prepare all the paperwork like schedules, contacts, payments)
- my dad's suit
- updating our registry (people don't mark the item off the list or buy from elsewhere - we have already ended up with 3 or 4 multiples of the same item, and it's still sitting on our registry lol)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21