A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: November 2012

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:20 pm

we're having dinner with my future in laws tomorrow to discuss how they can help.
Also i emailed all vendors last night to confirm they were all still good and see what needed to be done before hand. Most nervous about the reception venue - the website has been updated and now features rules and additional costs that werent there when we booked. I cant find our booking form anywhere. I hope it's at work... Eek. Nervous for their reply.

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Where's the 'like' button?? I bought some flowers from woolies today and did a trial centre piece/table set up run. Also bought the ribbon from spotlight to go on the invites. now i just need the invite paper to arrive so i can print and send them...

Kez

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions on shoes. Decided to sit on it a bit longer and hopefully Ill stumble across some soon. Thanks for the offer Curly but unfortunately they are the wrong size but gorgeous shoes.

Yay for getting on to those invites ladies. So glad thats all behind me, I cant even bare to think about OOS menus etc.

Started putting together my wedding favours and quickly realised that I majorly missed calculated how many jelly beans I was going to need to fill the jars and Im approx 8kilos short :haha: Oh well.... they look great though :)

Who here is having a church ceremony? I have no idea how to decorate the pews. I had my heart set on tissue paper pomanders which I was making but they are soo time consuming :( I've only made one and kinda gave up. So today I brought some material to make bows but they look like poo. So i dont know what to do humph

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

omgosh.... November is coming so fast.... I am looking at songs for the reception now :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 am

curly wrote:
It's scary how fast it's approaching. We really need to get our bums into gear.

Oh definitely!

I am getting into all the timeflow stuff at the moment - full on! I am trying to reschedule our hair/makeup because I don't think I've left enough time to get dressed and have photos before we go. The last thing I want is to be rushing, especially when we have all morning free.

I think our next thing is to meet with the celebrant and start working on the vows/readings and also the actual running of the ceremony.

Making up invites at the moment, so exciting! FH is not generally too interested in the wedding finer details (LOL) but when he saw the invited he loved them! I'm so happy :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:52 am

I have had a couple of bad dreams lately! One was that I had forgotten to get my dress altered so it had no sleeves and didn't fit properly. The second was that I forgot to organise emergency supplies like panadol etc. Hah!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

i sent mine already.... did i do it too early?

at the moment i am sorting out the timing of the day, arranging my hair trial and we are going shopping for the GM suits in 3 weeks.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 am

Slinky wrote:
I haven't had any bad dreams lately that I can remember, but I woke up in pretty much a puddle of sweat at 4am this morning (so gross!). So maybe I have been having wedding nightmares that I can't remember. :lol:

My goal is to hopefully finish off invites this weekend too! Well at least the ones for people who have to travel to attend the wedding. :e_shifty:

Same! I have been playing around with them for a couple of weeks, finalising numbers, partners names etc. that I just want to get them all out ASAP! Still need to take one to the post office to weigh so I get the right postage so I can send off the interstate ones but apart from that its just assembling them all! Is anyone else having someone help them make up the invites? I have had lots of lovely people offer but I am just such a perfectionist I wouldn't want to offend anyone! LOL I would just prefer to do them all myself.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 am

curly wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
Is anyone else having someone help them make up the invites? I have had lots of lovely people offer but I am just such a perfectionist I wouldn't want to offend anyone! LOL I would just prefer to do them all myself.

Not only that, but i prefer for them to be a surprise to all our guests :)

Oooh good point! :heart:

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Name change!!! :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Name change!!! :)

Yay!

I have no idea why I chose Miss_Anne to start with its just confusing when my name is Michelle 8)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 am

curly wrote:
Invites are COMPLETE!! :) Yipee!!! :bdance:

Will be getting them in the post this week.

I have done half! They were more fiddley than I thought so took a little while to put together. Have done immediate family and a couple that need to be posted so can get them out ASAP, yay :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I thought I would share a couple of pics of our invites... The invite is on card with a pattern on the back, RSVP postcard and a smaller card with details on it, tied together with some twine...
invite.JPG

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Miss Michelle wrote:
I thought I would share a couple of pics of our invites... The invite is on card with a pattern on the back, RSVP postcard and a smaller card with details on it, tied together with some twine...
invite.JPG

omgosh they are SO cute :)

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 am

Miss Michelle wrote:
invite.JPG

YAY! Michelle they look amazing!!!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:16 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Miss Michelle wrote:
invite.JPG

YAY! Michelle they look amazing!!!

Aww thanks :heart: Not very good pics but I am very happy with them! So excited getting them all bundled up to send!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 am

curly wrote:
The invites went out in the mail today :) so our guests should receive them tomorrow... Eeee!! :)

Eeek how exciting is it!! I am so nervous sending them - LOL, double checking all the addresses etc... :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 am

curly wrote:
Slinky wrote:
Hope the dresses turn out okay Curly! :D

Me too... *fingers crossed*

Oooh so exciting, can't wait to see pics!!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 am

I made some signs for my reception yesterday :D

for:
photo booth
candy buffet
fingerprint tree
and I have an invisible ink pen i am having guests write secret messages for us

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am

stormageddon wrote:
I made some signs for my reception yesterday :D

for:
photo booth
candy buffet
fingerprint tree
and I have an invisible ink pen i am having guests write secret messages for us

Oooh are you having a fingerprint print? I love them! I wanted to get one but ended up going with a similar concept but you sign your name instead.

The signs look great! :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18