picking up my dress tomorrow :bdance:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: November 2012

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 am

falling_dawn wrote:

OMGosh how exciting, I want mine SOOOO bad ;) I still have almost 2 weeks to get mine

Olive182

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 am

falling_dawn wrote:

You must be so excited! :D

My fitting went brilliantly last night. I love love love LOVE my dress! I'm so excited now! I can't wait to get to swan around in it for more than an hour or so! :P
And my Kitchen Tea/Hens is next weekend, my bridesmaid and mum have done a wonderful job organising it all, so I'm pretty excited. :D

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 am

Having a minor freakout... Not overly happy with hair and makeup trial (although it did grow on me) and worried earrings are too plain, they are little drop pearl earrings but you can't even see them in the pics I took. Wondering if I should go a bit more "blingy" but its hard to picture with my dress 8O

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

Miss Michelle wrote:
Having a minor freakout... Not overly happy with hair and makeup trial (although it did grow on me) and worried earrings are too plain, they are little drop pearl earrings but you can't even see them in the pics I took. Wondering if I should go a bit more "blingy" but its hard to picture with my dress 8O

It's ok not be happy with your trial, this is the point of a trial ;) what weren't you happy with? was it too much?

I think drop earrings will be fine, you don't need something over the top that takes all the focus :D

Curly, they do generally need to put quite alot of foundation for the photos and if you are not used to it then it will feel like too much, did you take a photo and see what the make -up looked like in that?

also just a general comment for hair and makeup I see soo many pictures of Brides in their gorgeous dresses and hair done and makeup and sadly it just doesnt look like them any more, I don't understand why people go to so much effort to look unrecognisable on their wedding day? I am having very minimal makeup on my wedding day and definitely no more than i would usually wear because I want to look back at the photos and see me :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for the comments ladies, it really does help :)

With the hair - I said I wanted it to look quite natural but I am worried it is almost too natural, as in looks like I did it myself?! The more I look at the pics though I think maybe if I ask for more loose curls around the face and have a bit more of a defined curl at the front it would help. I have attached a couple of pics, they are not the best, I was waiting for FH to come home but it was getting dark so I took a couple myself.

The makeup was very heavy and my skin went very shiny and pore-y which was weird because she said she used makeup that was made for shiny skin. It was also very "pink" even though I said I liked a natural look... I am not very good with makeup so I'm not sure exactly what I should be asking for but please let me know what you think...

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

This one shows the makeup - I think it is a bit heavy around the eyes?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 pm

You look gorgeous Miss Michelle :)
In the natural sun light your eyes don't look too heavy at all :) I agree that you need a bit more powder though to prevent any shine

And your hair is really nice and if you out a few more curls than I think its will take it to the point where its just a bit more formal :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks hun, that makes me feel a lot better thank you. :heart: It was so hard not having anyone else to ask and of course FH was just like "yeah it looks nice" LOL. That shiny pic is a bit embarrassing, I just used a bit of powder I had and it looked heaps better afterwards - not sure why I didn't take another pic?!

Also I said I thought the lipstick is a bit pink for me and she suggested I find one I like and we use that on the day.

I think the hair definitely needs a bit more of something, especially around the face but I don't think that would be too hard to do?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Miss Michele,

I think its best we all by our own lipstick for the day so we can top it up whenever we need :)

Also with your hair why not add a small pin or brooch?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

stormageddon wrote:
Miss Michele,

I think its best we all by our own lipstick for the day so we can top it up whenever we need :)

Also with your hair why not add a small pin or brooch?

Yes, I agree, I am so bad with lipstick though! Will just have to try some different ones until I find "the one"! I love gloss but it can get so sticky and annoying, might just put a bit on top. Let me know if you know any I should try :)

I don't know if you saw in one of the pics, I had a lace hairpiece that has a bit of netting on it... I am thinking of putting it more to the back because it looked a bit funny sticking out at the side.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Miss Michelle wrote:

I don't know if you saw in one of the pics, I had a lace hairpiece that has a bit of netting on it... I am thinking of putting it more to the back because it looked a bit funny sticking out at the side.

ah thats the pic on the side lol, i see it now :) i think that with a few more curls will look lovely

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 pm

I had my hair and makeup trial a while ago and it took 3 goes for me to not look like a clown. To be honest, I don't care what I look like in photos, I am pale so I will be washed out anyway. My first reaction when I looked in the mirror was NO! 8O

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 am

Aww thank you all for your lovely comments, they have made me feel so much better, thank you :heart: I will definitely get more curls around the face and I think this will dress it all up a bit. :D

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 am

curly wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
You look gorgeous Miss Michelle :)
In the natural sun light your eyes don't look too heavy at all :) I agree that you need a bit more powder though to prevent any shine

And your hair is really nice and if you out a few more curls than I think its will take it to the point where its just a bit more formal :)

Look at your COUNTER!!.. 30 DAYS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

OMGosh..... this is happening soooo fast! my hens night is next weekend! I should hopefully get my dress next week (pray it doesnt need alterations) I am picking up two suits today that were altered

I just printed ceremony bookelts :D tonight I will make them pretty with some sticker lace :)

Sunday we are meeting with our celebrant one last time... eeek

Do you ever feel like 'Oh my what have I got myself into' ?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

JerseyRose wrote:
Haha! I feel like holy crap no way it's too close for comfort now lol! I am sooooooooo excited to get married but it's just getting so close now that I'm starting to freak out like Omg I actually have to walk down the aisle in front of so many people! I'm not used to being in the spotlight! And I get so emotional I don't know how I'm going to get through my vows without being a blubbering mess!

My hens is also next weekend, so looking forward to chillin out with my girls!!

Oh I am the same! I like to blend into the crowd a bit and walking out in front of everyone scares the cr*p out of me!! And I have no idea how I will make it through the vows, I tear up just reading them in my head! I guess you just do your best and try to take it all in?

My hens night is next weekend too! I'm sure they will be lots of stories to share the next week ;)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

has anyone else had all their RSVP's come in then some people call up after to change it to a no? :(

Its kind of upsetting to have your numbers go down

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:31 pm

stormageddon wrote:
has anyone else had all their RSVP's come in then some people call up after to change it to a no? :(

Its kind of upsetting to have your numbers go down

No I haven't as yet :(
We still have about 15 people (about 7 invites) to RSVP so I'm thinking some of them would be a no - surely you would know by now if you couldn't make it? Or maybe they are just lazy?!

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Picked my dress up on Thursday, its about 2 sizes two big and I have not lost much weight so not sure what happened there , then went to get it altered today , the lady is very good but she is going to have to take it in by a few inches and re-do the bust so it sits right and flat so that is costing a pretty penny, :?

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:14 am

I bought it in a shop and they measured me and said that was the right size I thought they should get a size smaller as I was trying to lose weight but they said they did not do that as it was much harder to make a dress bigger then smaller, maybe I did lose weight and my scales are lying to me 8O It would not make sense for them to get it wrong as they dont do alterations you have to take it else where. :? , its the same size as the dress Im wearing in my S&T which pretty much fit but unless that one had the wrong label on it
its costing $500 for alterations not sure if that is normal, but they have to pull the beading off under the bust and down the side and basically redo the whole top part and take up quite a few layers which was going to happen no matter what dress I got as I'm 5 ft ( 153cm) tall
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28