A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: November 2012

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 pm

For shortening, adding of removable straps and a bustle= $250 . 5 layers of dress though

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 am

falling_dawn wrote:
maybe I did lose weight and my scales are lying to me 8O

Maybe you lost fat but gained muscle, this would account for your measurements being smaller but weighing the same... It's a bummer about the cost for alterations but they were right in saying it's eassier to make the dress smaller than bigger :D

But Yay you have your dress, I will hopefully get mine this week and then see if i need any alterations also

Olive182

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

I hope all you girls manage to get your dresses sorted out. :) I'm lucky, I've got a friend that alters wedding dresses, so I got her to shorten and bustle mine. I've got a lace up back, so I didn't need to have it taken in or out, which was lucky because I have lots of beading on my dress, could have ended up costing a LOT more!

My RSVPs are due on Wednesday this week. I'm still waiting for 14 RSVP cards back ( or 24 peoples RSVPs) (two of them are in the bridal party, and a bunch of them are family! :? ), so that's really frustrating me, particularly since I'm making the place cards, and they're not an easy 2 minute job to do at the last minute!

My hens and FH's bucks is also this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. It should be a great night! Altough... My MOH has decided this week that she's going on a two week detox... Not entirely sure how that's going to work at a theatre restaurant with 4 meal options, and none of them particularly healthy for you! Or what she's going to do while we're all up dancing, because she doesn't dance unless she's been drinking... Hrmmm... At least it'll be good practice for the wedding! :P

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am

WOOHOO my hens is this weekend too :D

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm

curly wrote:
Hope you have a great time at your Hens do :) Ours are on the 20th... Should be fun.

Im getting another hair trial this weekend, want to try another style... Will post pics if all goes well.

We are still waiting for a majority of our RSVP cards to come back... Yesterday FH called his grandma to see if she had sent the card back with no name on it, and she was like "oh i didn't think i had to send it back because i told you the other week i was coming" :roll: So im wondering if this is why people haven't sent theirs back because they had verbally told us that they are attending and don't feel the need to send the card back.

I have had so many people do this , "but i told you I was excited so I just assumed you knew I was coming 8O " still waiting on 34 I have not counted my siblings or "phone RSVP" in that tis slightly frustrating we even added a self addressed stamped envelope so made it a easy as we could RSVP date in 13th

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 pm

I WANT MY DRESSSSSS

lol sorry for the yelling but I want it so bad hehe

I was told it should arrive this week and I just can't wait anymore lol I WANT i want lol

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 am

curly wrote:
Well mum sent me a message today that she botched fixing our page boys pants, so we are having to buy another suit (cant just buy pants), so we are getting a smaller size and fingers crossed it all fits nicely.

Oh no :( Fingers crossed this one fits properly.

I am having my first dress fitting tonight sooooo nervous!! I bought a strapless dress and some extra fabric to add sleeves so I just hope it all works and come together as I imagined. Eek!!! The last time I tried on my dress I was really disappointed so hopefully will the extra material on the top I can see it all together a bit better.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:11 am

Bridal party gifts,

Boys have swiss army knives we bought IN Switzerland ;) and they are engraved with their names

Girls have an old handmade pendant each we found in a little store on a Greek Island, all the pendants are different and unique ;)

Olive182

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 am

curly wrote:
I WANT MINE TOO!!! They are trying to fit me in for an appointment but its always when im working :( Wahhh... might have to try take some time off work.

What are you all getting your bridal party as gifts?

We've bought watches for the boys, with engraving on the back (which we're yet to get done!) and the girls are having a day or two of pampering (hair, nails, make-up, waxing) and they're also getting a cute little trinket box with their bridal jewellery inside, and an emergency kit including a little purse to use on the day, inside a cute little drawstring bag matching their colours. :)

I can't believe how close it's getting!
My mum and Bridesmaid are finalising all the nitty gritty stuff ready for the Bridal Shower/Hens on Saturday. The only thing I need to do is make sure I have a clean house, and create a CD for our travel into the city! Oh, and I'm making some cute Hens Night sashes out of pink ribbon and iron on transfer paper - I'm just waiting for the ribbon to arrive! I'm really excited about it, not sure how I'm going to sleep on Friday night! Lol.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

I think all i need is my dress, they said it should be in this week when i called last week. Should i call them and see if they have any updates?

I am worried if I will need any alterations that time for fittings etc may be difficult

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am

stormageddon wrote:
I think all i need is my dress, they said it should be in this week when i called last week. Should i call them and see if they have any updates?

I am worried if I will need any alterations that time for fittings etc may be difficult

I think it doesn't hurt to call and ask, maybe if you ask about the alterations as well so you don't feel like you're bugging them?? I wouldn't worry too much about the alterations, maybe see if you can get a number (if they don't do it there) and pre-book an appointment just in case? I get the impression the actual alterations don't take long, it more depends on what else they have to do and of course everything is on a deadline!

I had my dress fitting last night and I had that awful OMG moment - my dress was tight!!! The only thing I can put it down to is that I had my period and my boobs get quite bloated and tender around this time... I have lost 5kgs since I first ordered the dress and the last time I tried it on it was loose - so much so it wouldn't stay up without me holding it! Eeeek... I am now worried that any alterations won't be right on the day but I guess as long as its not too big it should all work OK.

Olive182

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 am

Wow!
A month to go today!

I'm getting all excited about my hens this weekend! I have to find a nice black strapless bra for the night, because I don't own one that fits any more! I'm having half a day off on the Friday so I can get my fringe trimmed, clean my house and do my nails ready for Saturday. I really need to get it all done on Friday because I have a dance practice on Saturday morning (the concert is two weeks before the wedding!!), and I want to be able to come home and relax after that. :) My mum and one of my bridesmaids is coming over around lunch time on Saturday to set everything up. It should be an awesome day/night.

Is everyone else looking forward to their bridal showers/kitchen teas/hens nights coming up?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 am

OH CRAP, getting stressed!
Just called the shop to ask about my dress if she had any news and she keeps telling me "'should' be in this week", she says "we told them its urgent so 'should' be in this week but definitely 'should' be here by mid next week at the latest!"

what if it's not in mid next week? should i contact the designer and ask?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 pm

LOL Jerseyrose I doubt your FH Bucks party will be any worse then your half naked men on a boat ;)

My hens and FH bucks are on this weekend also but neither of us know what is happening but we did have a rule of no strippers

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 pm

curly wrote:
we also told our bridal party no strippers but we Dont know if they have listened. =/ will find out next weekend. Hope its all tame and no surprises.

I am expecting surprises! I have just been told that I wont be going home Saturday night an dthat I have to pack 4 star pyjamas and my bathers! what are 4 star pyjamas? I only have lace ones or flannel betty boop so betty boop it is haha

Olive182

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 am

stormageddon wrote:
curly wrote:
we also told our bridal party no strippers but we Dont know if they have listened. =/ will find out next weekend. Hope its all tame and no surprises.

I am expecting surprises! I have just been told that I wont be going home Saturday night an dthat I have to pack 4 star pyjamas and my bathers! what are 4 star pyjamas? I only have lace ones or flannel betty boop so betty boop it is haha

Lol - 4 Star PJ's? when you find out what that means you'll have to let us know!

My mum and my Bridesmaid are getting a bit stressed out about the Hens Night, but I'm sure they'll be great on the day once they know everything that needs to be done has been done. :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am

stormageddon wrote:
curly wrote:

Hmm 4 star pyjamas - who knows?! Maybe they just mean not your old t-shirt and shorts?!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

Miss Michelle wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
curly wrote:

Hmm 4 star pyjamas - who knows?! Maybe they just mean not your old t-shirt and shorts?!

FH thinks maybe a 4 star hotel with a spa?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

curly wrote:
Officially under a month until the big day... 8O

YAy :bdance: I have 23 days!

vixsta01

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

OMG 5 WEEKS till NOV 17TH!! wooooohooo , longest wait of my life!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22