A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Olive182

Re: November 2012

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am

Welcome Julie!

Just over a week to go - how exciting for you!

I spent some time last night doing our place cards, so far I've folded 35 or them - halfway there!
I've done up a "To Do" list, which seems to get bigger everyday instead of shorter!
It's still kind of surreal to me just how close it actually is! I have a feeling that it won't really hit me until the day, perhaps not even until I'm actually walking down the aisle!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks Julie, You are probably right about not noticing the weather. My only worry was when we are outside taking photos but you cant really plan for Melbourne weather ;)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

stormageddon wrote:
Thanks Julie, You are probably right about not noticing the weather. My only worry was when we are outside taking photos but you cant really plan for Melbourne weather ;)

Yep, Melb weather is soooo unpredictable!!

I hadn't thought of any cover ups for myself or the girls... maybe if the weather is looking particularly nasty I could pick up some cardis or similar? I don't want to wear anything with my dress so hopefully adrenalin will get me through any cold spell we might have!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19 am

9 SLEEPS :heart: :heart: :heart:

Olive182

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am

Miss Michelle wrote:
stormageddon wrote:

Yep, Melb weather is soooo unpredictable!!

I hadn't thought of any cover ups for myself or the girls... maybe if the weather is looking particularly nasty I could pick up some cardis or similar? I don't want to wear anything with my dress so hopefully adrenalin will get me through any cold spell we might have!

I've been keeping an eye on the 28 day rain forecast - it's really been all over the place! Monday it was predicting a high chance of rain on my wedding day, and now it's predicting none! Fingers crossed it stays as none - I haven't got an alternative location for my photos - we're planning on having them in the park - and we're doing a butterfly release which you can't do when it's raining. :(

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am

Olive182 wrote:

I've been keeping an eye on the 28 day rain forecast - it's really been all over the place! Monday it was predicting a high chance of rain on my wedding day, and now it's predicting none! Fingers crossed it stays as none -

I am staying away from that lol I will just start checking the 7 day forecast from next week as it might be more reliable

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Hadn't even thought of a 28 day forcaste.Thanks girls. 50% chance of rain. I hopefully will not keep checking for the next 3 weeks 8O

julie8323

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you for the welcome ladies.
Yes olive182 it is very close and I'm starting to get a little excited.
I'm sorry if I have freaked anyone out with the long range forecast. I tried to look it up the make myself feel better and to check that it wasn't going to rain on the 3rd of november. Unfortunatly when I checked it said 75% chance of rain. Not really the comfort I was looking for! Most of my friends have had rain on their wedding days and have been happily marriged for more than 15 years so I figure it can be a good omen.
We have just finished the last meeting with our priest who has decided to change the order of the ceremony- thankfully we were planning on printing the booklets this weekend as I would be a little upset if they were all ready to go.
For the last litle while it has almost felt like we have been organizing a huge event but tonight FH said something about having the rest of our lives together to do stuff. That really grounded me and made it all real. No matter what goes wrong or what we forget to do in 9 days we will be married and starting our new life together.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 am

curly wrote:
We have just had 2 guests pull out from our wedding... bit annoying but luckily we haven't paid the full amount for our caterer yet.

Grrr... you're right though, at least you haven't paid the final amount. I am waiting for the ones who message the night before or on the day.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 am

I had a bad dream last night :(

That I had about 10 people not show up for the wedding.... I am paying probably today or Monday, I really hope i don't have any no shows :(

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

My dress fitting in tomorrow my MHO who is my big sister will be coming with me she has not seen the dress yet so fingers crossed she likes it.
The dress maker told me to buy a Bustier i had to order it in as Im a funky size Im not sure about it :?

we have drafted our order of service book we have made it read like a play I really like it :D

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

dress fitting went really well she did a good job, me sister thinks she needs to pull the dress tighter when she does it on the day to gave me more waist and the dress was not tight the lace up was just sitting there but there is not much room in the lace up to go tighter, but we will see , she did not take any picture o well , the sleeves look really good she got rid of the weirdo satin trim the had on it and now it look much better :D

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Just heard from soon to be SIL 2 people who we had assumed would not be coming as we had not heard a word from them ( the RSVP date was 13 Oct ) told her they were and how excited they are she rang us in panic to make sure we had them down these are fully grown adults ( older people 65+ ) and as the husband does not want to come she is bringing her son apperently but have never called to speak to us about swaping :oops: , why are people so freakin rude , at least we heard about it and they did not just turn up 8O

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm

I had my hens night last night. Still recovering but it was fantastic. Kitchen tea brought along a kitchen load full of stuff. . . we have a coffee maker now and we don't drink coffee. At least it makes hot chocolate ;D. Dinner was great an we went out dancing for a little while then went home where FH and his bestman were. Bestman was asleep but tipsy us said that was unacceptable and made him have some shots. We were a little tipsy :)

The extent of my dress debacle has extended a bit. She cut the train in different lengths. there is a slight unexplained stain that you can see at the bottom near the hem. . . It may be that it is more visible when I look down but Mum and my bridesmaid have assured me they didn't notice anything until I said it. . .

HOWEVER said bridesmaid is a sewing genius an has offered to fix the bits and pieces for me.
She is a GEM!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 am

falling_dawn wrote:
Just heard from soon to be SIL 2 people who we had assumed would not be coming as we had not heard a word from them ( the RSVP date was 13 Oct ) told her they were and how excited they are she rang us in panic to make sure we had them down these are fully grown adults ( older people 65+ ) and as the husband does not want to come she is bringing her son apperently but have never called to speak to us about swaping :oops: , why are people so freakin rude , at least we heard about it and they did not just turn up 8O

I have no idea, all manners just seem to go out the window!

One of FH's cousins has recently split from his wife so after much convincing from FH we decided to invite his new partner as even though I had never met her they were living together so we assumed quite serious. Well, he now has a new girlfriend and at the bucks day he was saying how she was looking forward to meeting everyone at the wedding. WTF?! You can't just swap people if the person on the invite isn't coming! I mentioned this to my BM and she said "I ran into him yesterday and he said he was going to bring his eldest daughter". LOL, will be interesting to see who comes?!

My hairdresser was saying she ran into a girl she used to work with a couple of weeks before the wedding and she was saying how excited she was about the wedding and that she had bought a new outfit for her. She had never invited her! But after that she felt guilty and said she still had her invite at home and ended up inviting her. Surely if you didn't have your invite a few weeks before the wedding you would realise you weren't invited?!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 am

Digitalista wrote:
I had my hens night last night. Still recovering but it was fantastic. Kitchen tea brought along a kitchen load full of stuff. . . we have a coffee maker now and we don't drink coffee. At least it makes hot chocolate ;D. Dinner was great an we went out dancing for a little while then went home where FH and his bestman were. Bestman was asleep but tipsy us said that was unacceptable and made him have some shots. We were a little tipsy :)

The extent of my dress debacle has extended a bit. She cut the train in different lengths. there is a slight unexplained stain that you can see at the bottom near the hem. . . It may be that it is more visible when I look down but Mum and my bridesmaid have assured me they didn't notice anything until I said it. . .

HOWEVER said bridesmaid is a sewing genius an has offered to fix the bits and pieces for me.
She is a GEM!

Oh my gosh, sorry to hear about your dress debacle but lucky your BM is a wiz on the sewing machine! :heart:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

I picked up my dress on Saturday, it fits much better now but it kind of bunches up a little biy at the hips ? :( The ribbon might hide that...

had 2 people pull out last night! now I have paid $240 for them! I think I might try and see if anyone wants a plus 1 so the money isnt wasted

FH EX is trying to stop his daughter attending the wedding! lot's of fights over the weekend, i hope he gets it sorted

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 am

stormageddon wrote:
I picked up my dress on Saturday, it fits much better now but it kind of bunches up a little biy at the hips ? :( The ribbon might hide that...

had 2 people pull out last night! now I have paid $240 for them! I think I might try and see if anyone wants a plus 1 so the money isnt wasted

FH EX is trying to stop his daughter attending the wedding! lot's of fights over the weekend, i hope he gets it sorted

Glad you are happy with your dress :)

I seriously don't get people cancelling last minute - surely they realise you have already paid for them?!

Hope everything works out with FH's daughter, like you need something else to stress about! :(

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:01 am

21 and sunny for Saturday.

OMFG!!!!! is this really happening? in 4 days!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am

stormageddon wrote:
21 and sunny for Saturday.

OMFG!!!!! is this really happening? in 4 days!

I can't believe it, the last month has just flown!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11