A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: November 2012

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am

I think its just hitting me now!!!!!!!!!

I dont want to work anymore... i wish we had time off :(

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 am

I get Friday off, but I want to go home now :)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:07 am

3 more sleeps! :heart: :heart:

Saturday is still forecast for 21 and sun ;)

Olive182

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 am

stormageddon wrote:
I get Friday off, but I want to go home now :)

Mine isn't until NEXT Saturday, but I know how you feel!

I hope you've got everything all organised. :) The weather sounds like it's going to be perfect for you! :D

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am

I think its all done... if it's not then its probably too late now anyway lol

I have:
my venue,
a celebrant,
a FH ;)
I have my dress,
the BM dresses,
the GM suits,
the hair booked
the makeup booked
photographer ready
band ready
lolly buffet boxed
finger print tree and inks ready
costumes for booked photo booth
jewelry and lingerie packed
vows written
rsvps in (apart from 2 that cancelled and I am trying to fill now)
oh and i have my BM flying in from london tomorrow with my surprise bouquet that no one knows about ;)
order of the day and ph numbers printed
everyone has been paid

I really think it's ready? eeeeek

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am

We get married this month.... 8O

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am

Digitalista wrote:
We get married this month.... 8O

YAY :D

Olive182

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

I've just checked the rain forecast for Melbourne for the 10th, and at the moment it's showing no chance of rain, I hope it stays that way! :D

I can't believe it, we're getting married this month! Next week! In 9 sleeps! ARGH! I feel like I still have a million things to do with all the final payments and confirmations with the suppliers!

I've just spoken with the celebrant to go over the final ceremony details, we've had appointments this week to finalise and pay for the venue and cake, and we're doing the flowers tomorrow night. And I had my bridesmaids try on their dresses last night to get the length of the hems right - I was so annoyed at my MOH, I've been bugging her/them for weeks to make sure they were wearing their shoes in, and I asked them all to make sure they wore their bras etc to the fitting that they would wear on the day. I got an "okay" from her when I initially asked, and yesterday I discover that she doesn't even have her bra for it yet! Gah! I wish she'd just told me she didn't have it, instead of me telling her to go and put it on in front of my mum and bridesmaids, and her telling me then!

And apparently I'm a bit of a prude when it comes to appropriate necklines for a wedding! I went shopping yesterday with a friend and she was looking for some jewellery for the day, I'd asked her about the dress, and she'd said it was a halter neck, but she didn't think the neckline was that low. I almost had my eyes pop out of my head when I saw it! 8O It was low enough that it ended just under her boobs, so you could see the entire gap inbetween her breasts - she's not a girl with a small chest either! And there's no way you could wear a bra with it, not even one of those specially designed plungy neckline bras... Is there an appropriate amount of clevage for a wedding? I suggested to her that it's just a BIT too plungy and revealing for a wedding, but it would work if she pinned it to make it a bit more modest... And she asked for my help with that, so I'm hoping that means she wasn't offended by my horror... Lol.

But anyway, no more ranting... It's all really happening!

I've got 26 place cards left to fold, and then just a matter of sticking the names to them, and then they're all done. A week until they need to be complete to be dropped off at the venue. So I'm off to do some more folding! :D

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 am

Good luck to all the November brides! I can't wait to see all your weddings :D :heart:

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Slinky, your day sounds so happy and productive. Good on you.
Curly, stormageddon's wedding was everything she wanted. Everything went smoothly as far as I know, she looked a dream. Her dh was absolutely dashing, and the venue so majestic.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm not sure whether her sd was able to be there, I don't think so.

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:38 am

Dress is fixed and ready to go. 12 DAYS! ///going to find FH shoes and pick up his ring :D Also finding BM earrings. Bought wedding underwear yesterday too! :D

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm keeping photos off the net until after because FH is too tech savvy.
We just got back. We now have his shoes, the BM earrings. The ring is about 2.5 sizes too small. FH was measured at another jeweller so I gave this jeweller this size. (O 1/2 to a Q!) :roll: . . . we now have to pay more to get it made bigger. Hopefully it gets here before the wedding because I have no idea what we are going to do if it doesn't. I'm such an idiot for leaving it so late to order it.

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm

November Ladies, what are we walking up and down the aisle to?

After months of deliberation I have chosen the traditional route at the beginning
Bridal Party walking down to Pachabels Canon
Myself walking down to Bridal Chorus- I have never been to a wedding that had it
Signing Registry- Real Love - Regina Spektor and Book Of Love- Peter Gabriel
Recessional---We may go with Petshop Boys Indefinte leave to remain- FH choice
OR All you need is Love- Beatles - My choice :D

Olive182

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 am

I'm getting married in 128 hours. WOW!

I'm walking down the aisle to the instrumetnal part at the end of the song Black Dress by Kisschasy, we're playing Sum 41 - With Me and Goo Goo Dolls - Iris during our signing, and we're walking out of the ceremony to Yellowcard - Dear Bobbie.

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am

walking down the aisle to Gabriel Oboe ( from the movie the Mission)

had my Hens night Im lazy so I have reposted my text from my S&T :lol:
had my hens night it was wonderful my big sister picked me up Friday night she had hired the wonderful house in Healesville
http://www.stayz.com.au/97204

we went out to dinner then in the morning
surprised me ( and all the bridesmaids ) with a scenic flight which was great till I got air sick :lol:
then I was sent to a spa retreat for a full body massage
when I got home they dressed me as a dolly and we had games and drinks and my mum and aunty cooked , then on Sunday we all got up cleaned up hung around then went to lunch in the town ,as we did not have to check out till 3pm it was wonderful , photos are on my facebook here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 38311ae3c0
Last edited by falling_dawn on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kourtz88

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 am

Olive182 wrote:
I'm getting married in 128 hours. WOW!

I'm walking down the aisle to the instrumetnal part at the end of the song Black Dress by Kisschasy, we're playing Sum 41 - With Me and Goo Goo Dolls - Iris during our signing, and we're walking out of the ceremony to Yellowcard - Dear Bobbie.

You have great taste in music!!!
Dear Bobbie is one of my favorites!!! Beautiful song :)

MrsMaher
Formerly known as MrsMaher2B

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi all,

We are are holding our engagement party on the 17th November, but we are actually getting married that day instead.
It will be a very non traditional wedding as it was a very last minute decision.

Background story is My DH and i found out a month ago that we are expecting our first child together, and we wanted to be married before baby was born.
So we thought what better situation to get married than our Engagement, where all our family and friends would be.

I am not wearing a wedding dress, nor having flowers or a car or anything of the normal wedding things as we didnt want to spend a lot of money when we have a baby on the way.

We have however decided to renew our vows in 2014, where we will do the whole traditional wedding.

We are very excited about it all and cant wait.

R

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm

welcome :D

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Good luck to everyone this weekend. I hope the weather in your parts of the world are good to you. :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1