Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Hehe posting to keep up!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Wow part two! Not many 'month' threads get to part two! Well done girls :D

OMG Air Australia is gone and left you high and dry Millie!! That's so crap that they aren't doing something about the bookings you already have. Do you already have some sort of travel insurance that you can claim against? Thats horrible that it has ruined your honeymoon! Thank God we booked with Hawaiian Airlines. I feel for you :(

Glad everyone is doing final fittings and loving it! Not long to go!

Mel we leave in two weeks too! We fly Sat 3rd.. What date do u fly?

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

I thought when I first saw the mod post that it was going to be locked like the 2012 thread! Was sad until I realized it was just that we're too talkative and needed a new thread :D

Millie! That sucks!!! If you didn't have travel insurance do Air Australia have some kind of sister company? You might be able to transfer the flights across. I was able to get a Jetstar flight for no extra when the Qantas strike happened.

I'm nervous about picking my dress up next week (didn't have the money too this week :cry:), I've had such a bad week in terms of exercise and diet that I'm scared I'll be too big for my dress! I know it's just me being silly but it was such a perfectly snug fit that any weight either way wouldn't be great.

Can't believe how close it's getting for you girls! I know I'm not long after but it seems ages away with my ticker still saying it's over a month.

I'm potentially going to be doing my own flowers now. There's a place nearby that's practically a flower market, they sell to the public at wholesale rates. They do have a florist on staff but I've been told it's not exactly cheap but it should save a bit if I do it myself. I kind of figure I can do a test run and if I don't like, FH just bought me a bunch of flowers I had to assemble :P

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Aww Millie that sucks! I saw that on the news and I was hoping none of you ladies were affected. Oh bum :( Will you guys be able to organize something else?

Kate I used this tutorial on youtube to help me make my bouquet, it's pretty helpful! Actually I can't find the one for the brides bouquet but the BM tutorial is almost exactly the same. She has a bunch for different styles of bouquets as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVHN5E6 ... creen&NR=1

darkphoenix

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks Jessie!!! I wasn't quite sure where to start, was almost contemplating the hour half drive to my Aunts as she's done a florist course years ago. I've done nothing more then picking flowers from the garden for mum for mothers day when I was a kid so that's going to be a huge help if I go down that path!

So annoyed with FH at the moment! I told him I needed some time alone tonight as I had secret stuff to work on and he keeps coming and bugging me. It's kind of cute as he just wants to come give me hugs or something but his surprise just isn't gettting done! I've been on SnapFish for hours trying to upload all the photos and find a layout I'm happy with for his boudoir photos and everytime I make progress he comes in and it times out!! Just wish I had a lock on the door!

darkphoenix

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Btw, I just saw your new ticker Jessie!!! Still so excited for you :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh a new ticker Jessie!! Love it! It will be here before we know it too! :D

Great idea with doing the flowers yourself Kate. It can't be that hard, can it? :P

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Travel insurance companies weren't covering air aus flights anyway as were sure they would go bust. Hope all your guests can still get there.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 am

Yeah not covered by insurance and we didn't pay with credit card so it's gone. Feel for fh coz he feels bad as the honeymoon was his one job. Not sure what we'll do now

darkphoenix

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 am

Erin, thats what I'm hoping! Hardest part is that I've chosen oriental lilies that have a few flowers to the stem so I have to figure out how to wire them in. Otherwise I figure it's all decorative...hopefully.

I'm a touch upset this morning, it looks like I've broken my arm!!!! I did it last night but didn't fancy hours at emergency, could barely sleep with the throbbing but I woke this morning to a black, swollen arm :( And with the wedding being 6 weeks away today, just really hoping I won't be in plaster! Silly isn't it, couldn't care less about the pain, just being in plaster on the day! If I need it, I'm going to take it off a couple days before and get it replastered the day after if I need it I think.

Millie, I don't know if it helps as it's still a lot of money but Qantas is offering cheap flights Air Australia customers, it's $1300 return to Honolulu.

Balls

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:17 am

Oh no you poor thing Kate! Big hugs! I have my fingers crossed for you that it's not broken!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:02 pm

How on earth did you do that? Hope it's not broken.

reen

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:27 pm

To KiwiMelH:
"I also what to find a little pocket book sized "how to be a good wife" book if it even exists."

For an engagement present, my Fh uncles gave us a book each "Dont's for Wives" and "Dont's for Husbands" written in 1930 i think. They are hilarious and we are going to incorporate some into our wedding speech. My favourite: "Don't begrudge you wife a new frock" ha ha they are funny but some are still so true! I found a website that sells them http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesw ... s/5829835/

Hope that helps a little!

Thats terrible about people losing their flights I hope you can work it out :/

One month for me today!! And I get to pick up my dress this week hopefully!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:54 pm

OMG Kate I HOPE HOPE HOPE it isn't broken, but by the sounds of it, you seem pretty certian. I agree, with 6 weeks exactly until the wedding, ge tthe plaster on now, and hpopefully you can ge tit off in the few days prior... definately not what you needed! Big hugs coming your way :e_hug:

Millie I was going to suggest Qantas too..I saw o nthe news they are offering flights at the same prices as Air Australia did, but I realise it still means you have to pay for your flights twice...have you decided what you are going to do?

Mel that book sounds hilarious! I am going to look for one..Im sure my FH would love one as a wedidng present! Cant' seem to get that link working, but that may just be my stupid internet.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:56 pm

OO found it at Dymocks online! Its from 1913!
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetail ... 0713687910

darkphoenix

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Grr, wrote a stupidly long post (with one hand) and I lost it!!! :x

That book looks gold, thinking I should get one for FH as part of his wedding present. So at least he knows the rules from the get go :P

As you probably gather from the one hand typing comment, I'm in plaster :cry: On a plus though, my cast is already covered in adorable smiley faces from the neighbours kids :P I'm a bit cranky as I thought last night it couldn't be broken, I actually just grabbed an unopened 3L juice bottle out of the fridge and I felt it go. Figured the max of 3kgs it would have weighed wouldn't have done anything so just ignored it last night but as it turns out, my bones are still like absolute chalk because of being sick. It's caused a stress fracture down near my wrist! They've said 6-8weeks for the plaster so I'm going to go with 6 I think :P The only downside though, and I'm seriously just wanting to be upset right now, it's my left hand and my car is a manual! FH's is an auto but of course, he still hasn't got off his butt and got it fixed after the accident. All my family drive manuals too so I have no way of getting around before the wedding! So that's thrown a major spanner in the works, there's still lots of little things I had to buy and not so little things to do like picking up my dress! With FH and I working together I can't even get him to be my chauffeur and I'm not too keen on letting him pick up my dress! So I'm hoping I can figure something out, like roping mum into taking a sick day so I can pick up my dress and get all the last minute things I need. Otherwise, I have no idea where to start now with the wedding, the plan I had worked out so perfectly isn't so perfect anymore!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Kate, Just think, things could be a lot worse..lucky it was only youyr arm that you broke, and nothing even more inconvenient like your leg or back or something (trying to find a positive here...) Yep, you need a good friend (BM etc) or mum to take a day off work and be your driver for the day, just to get all those things done... The stress is not what you need right now! (P.S lucky you had yor photo shoot already!)

darkphoenix

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Haha, thanks Erin! I hadn't even thought about the photo shoot but that is a huge plus! I'm happy that I can still wear in my wedding shoes and I have an excuse to get out of doing the dishes for over a month :P Plenty of positives, just annoyed with the not being able to drive part. But I spose one negative isn't too bad. It's pretty much just my mum, my sister is self-employed and can't really afford to take time off, MOH won't drive up this far, she gets really nervous with highway driving and my other BM is in Sydney, as are most of my friends. Pretty sure mum will be alright for at least one day, otherwise FMIL has offered to come over two weeks early and help with all the last minute things. Leaving it a touch to close for my liking but at least there's a backup. I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as I'm out of plaster for the day I'll be happy.

One more down I just thought of, it's going to make it really difficult to get another tan trial!
GZIP: On