A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Aww milllie. Big hugs!
If there's anything that I can help with, I have way too much time on my hands at the moment. I can barely do a thing at work so I've just been sitting around and wasting time on the net.

I just realized, I've only done half of the coathangers!! Not sure I'll be able to manage that with one hand and I've only done two of the three BM so it might be an after the wedding thankyou I think. Would've been nice to have them for the day but I can't imagine my sister would feel great if she was the only one without one.

Erin, I said it before, but I have to say it again, that ring box is gorgeous! I think it's a bit of a guy thing, I've been excited when a couple of things arrived and FH was just meh. Only time he got excited was when I said I'd picked a dress!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 am

I just realised I might not be able to see any of the photos of your ladies wedding day as I will have left for my honeymoon in Europe on 7th March and data roaming is too expensive on my phone. Will have to keep popping into intenet cafes to stalk your photos as I have enjoyed watching all the girls weddings on the March thread come together.

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 am

FH has banned me from WC for our week away :P He knows I'm on here everyday and he actually wants to have a bit of a honeymoon :P
I've actually told my brother he has to take a lot of photos so I have something to upload for you girls before our pros get back.

I'm picking up my dress today!!!! Probably a touch too excited about it but after today, it's mine :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 am

I was thinking exactly the same Majeen! Going away on the 3rd of march and not back until 24th...I will miss all the lead up to most of them! I will still be checking in, but not daily like I am now! I will come back and stalk everyones Hall Of Fames in April for sure!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 am

oh gosh Im the same too, will this place just be dead over the actual month of March.

I am getting really sick, like run down sick and I know its that im subconsciously stressed out. Have been getting really bad headaches and feeling naseous. Going to go to kickboxing tonight so I can beat the crap out of a bag, always makes me feel so much better

My rings arrive today or tomorrow.

still waiting on a few things in the mail which better arrive shortly.

but I have bought everything that I need. Just the tables numbers left to make.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 am

Remembmer my list? Look at it now!

Find some earings/bracelet - DONE
FH's suit - DONE
Confirm transport for the day - DONE
Send placecards and favours to the restaurant - DONE
Confirm a few 'ceremony' details with celebrant (aisle, signing table, timings) - DONE
Contact Hair/MUA proir to leaving Australia - DONE
Organise pressing/ironing dress after arriving in Hawaii - DONE
Find alterations person to put a bustle on the dress - DONE
Decide on shoes (ok i have 3 pairs to choose from, need to put them all on with the dress ) - DONE
Honeymoon!!! - Pretty much planned, just need t o book a few more things
Follow up on my clutch (grrrr) - DONE
Speeches? (Maybe just FH)
Organise menu with restaurant - DONE
Organise "night before cocktail hour" - DONE
Visa for USA! - DONE
Contact NSW Births Deaths and Marriages re requirements to have it recognised in Oz - DONE
Stick to diet/exercise plan - so far going well
Waxing - few days before
Contact list of guests (Mobiles or Hawaii contact)
Contact list of service providers - DONE
Buy mints for mint tins - DONE

Im Impressed!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am

I still need to finish my place cards. I keep saying "Oh yeah, I'll do them today!" and then I go look at cots or prams instead.

Also, one of the families coming to our wedding I grew up with and the dad of the family, turns out it's his birthday on his wedding day! So I thought I'd get him some chocolates and a card and put it at his place setting. Maybe have the staff bring him out a beer as soon as he gets there.

Still need to figure out who's doing speeches. And get a list of our songs to the DJ. I'm feeling so lazy I'm pretty much going to tell him to play whatever through the night. and I need to a burn a CD of our church music. I won't tell you guys the rest, it's crazy long hehe. You guys who're going away must be so excited!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

Yeah my dad asked about speeches too...not sure what we are doing, its not a big reception thing, just a dinner so I don't want people doing long speeches like at a wedding - maybe just FH saying something.. more as a thank you than a speech..

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey everyone. Thanks for the thoughts. I just feel so down about losing our honeymoon and there's just nothing we can do :( we can't afford a new trip and to be honest I have so many other stuff to do for the wedding and work that I just don't have the time to sit and plan anything. I feel all this pressure to finish off my diy stuff this week because we are losing our home office next week due to fh changing jobs and I just can't cope with it all. Fh thinks I'm blaming him (which I don't) and all these people keep saying to us that we should have paid by credit card as if that is helpful right now. We can't get a refund for the balance of our honeymoon package because we can only get a credit note which is like $1500 out of $5000 and I just found out that we also lose our internal flights within Hawaii because they ate domestic and it's like flying jetstar. You just don't get them back. Sorry for the rant I just hate the world right now. I've been looking at a domestic trip in Australia and at deals on the Internet and they just keep blocking the school holidays
it's just put such a dampened on our celebration

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

Big hugs Millie ... I can only imagine how disappointed you would be right now. Try and not let it put a dampner on the whole wedding., The fact that you are getting married is the most important thing, not where you get to go on a holiday...Maybe plan for a honeymoon later inthe year when you have time to plan it, time to save for it, and are able to get time off work. I know you have been looking forward to Hawaii for awhile now, but Hawaii will still be there in 6 months or a years time, and the wait will make it even more special when you d ofinally get there...

Grrr... I hate how businesses can be run like that, and ruin so many plans for others...I think it is so selfish of them..they would have known they were struggling for months and didnt publicise it, and kept selling tickets for flights they knew might not go ahead...they dont just realise one day that there is no money left..

Mel you said on my S+T that you are getting nervous? About the planning all coming together or actually being married? Im not nervous about actually getting married - can't wait for that, but I am a bit stressed/anxious about everything coming together. I HOPE that I am so busy and preoccupied that I don't care about it on the day.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 am

i totally understand how you feel Millie.

We booked flights and domestic flights to go the US. When after the Rugby world Cup while I was away from work, FH got really drunk and got arrested.

The arrest meant that he was not able to get into the US (for another 5 years). We lost out on nearly 5000 worth of flights (all not exchangeable) etc that I just couldnt get back and not only that but all my dreams of going to the US (somewhere I have always wanted to go). I get what people say about how its not important, but in my sitcho I was so angry at FH for getting drunk and doing something stupid and ruining it for us.

In the end we are now doing an OZ honeymoon, going to Cairns to get our scuba licenses and Port Douglas to relax.

Although not my dream honeymoon, it worked out in the end and being in Oz it was really easy to organise.

I know my story may not make you feel better, but at least know that I understand how you feel.

Erin - Not nervous about the marriage at all, im excited about finally being FHs wifey. Im nervous about everything going ot plan, or thinking that I have missed something important!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am

2 weeks today!!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 am

Only 1 more week at work! 10 days to go!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 am

I onyl have one more full week of work tooo.

Holy girls, final countdown alright

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 am

I put pics of my placecards and table numbers i made on my S&T all the surfaces are really metallic, but you cant see that in the pics

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

I have the rest of this week and next week at work too! I am seriously starting to freak out that it is so close. As Mel said I am not nervous about being married as such more just that the day is going to go to plan and everything will be ok!

Balls

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 am

I finished my place cards and menus too! Yay. I also emailed the DJ and figured most things out but he'll call the week before to comfirm small details.

Umm what else do I need to do!? I need to get DS pants taken up and cut my veil to the right length. Should probably call the cake lady and finish all the details on that!

I can't believe how long we all have left! Feels like yesterday we just started planning.

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 am

I can't believe how long we all have left! Feels like yesterday we just started planning.[/quote]

Tell me about it. I keep thinking to myself...OMG in 2 1/2 weeks I will be married and all of this will be over, which is making me sad!

I am crossing off things every day and I hope by the end of the weekend we will pretty much be done...except for beauty things which can only be done the week before of course.

Music for the ceremony is still one thing that is playing on my mind and we really need to sit down and work that out. We are just having it played through a CD player in the church as we left it too late to find someone (and money was an issue too) to play music for us.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 pm

I just received my wedding rings!!! Pics are in my S&T

They also cleaned my ring properly and it looks gorgeous and HUGE

My list is now down to this
Label for Wishing well
Finish Song List
Take shoes to dry cleaners
Print out pages from this workbook
Get Wax
Get facial
Make 3 additional place cards for people who told me friday they are coming !!!!

That's it.

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm not freaking too much yet as my ticker still says there's over a month left! I'll probably start to freak come mid next week :P
For the first time wedding plans kept me up last night! It's caused lots of bizarre dreams before but I've never lost sleep over it. I woke up last night because of my arm and just couldn't get back to sleep, my head was just running with all the things I still need to do!

I got an email saying my guest book has finally been posted! Was starting to worry so I'd given myself a deadline of the end of this week before I called. It's coming from America so I thought I was best to follow up with a bit too much time then not enough for postage.

Millie, I know this probably doesn't help much now, but there'll be another chance to go to Hawaii. We lost close to $1000 (not as much as you & Mel) in accommodation and internal flights for our honeymoon to Canada. I was sick when we started booking it but was still well enough to go, then it spread to my lungs and it's meant I can't fly. It's a huge risk if I do and insurance wouldn't cover me, while it meant losing money we decided my health was a touch more important. I was pretty devastated though, I'd always wanted to go to Canada and FH always wanted to go there for his honeymoon and not only was that impossible, we couldn't go anywhere nice like Tassie or NZ because of the flying. We're going to the Gold Coast for a week after the wedding and while it's not what we dreamed of, it's a week away with my new husband and it'll be fun. We've decided to go to Canada for our one year anniversary, while it would have been nice for our honeymoon, it's given me something to really look forward to and I have a lot more time to plan it.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31