A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Yay for your guest book being posted, Kate! Try not to stress too much, it'll all come together!

Mel your to do list is tiny! I'm jealous hehe.

I need to start looking at wedding pictures or something I'm abit unexcited about the whole thing which is sad, I thought I'd be bouncing off the walls with this long to go!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for all your support girls, it has been so appreciated and I feel so much better today. I think that Kate, you are so brave to face everything you're going through, I can't believe I come on here and have a whinge. Actually I have to say one of the things that was making me so miserable is that I didn't like what was happening with fh and I. Usually when we have stress outs it is just one of us stressing and the other can step up and show support. This has been one of the first times in a while that we have both been super stressed (about other non-weddingy stuff too, but won't go in to that) and I don't think we handled it real well, but I feel we have sorted it all out now :D still no honeymoon but we're still getting married ha ha ha...
So back to wedding plans, I'm so thrilled that eveyone is so close. My to do list is pretty short too, and I carry it round with me:

-finish OOS
-get paperwork and all of our 'bits' to the venue
-get a big fat checque to pay the venue with
-make envelopes to pay the band, the make up
-pay florist and go down and get the lace to them for buttonholes
-write beautiful thankyou letters to mums, dad, brother and groomsmen (bridesmaids done)
-final beauty preps- pedi, mani, tan, hair
-see if i can find someone to video wedding
-write speech with FH

Of course all sorts of little things do pop up, but I'm pretty sure we're nearly there!!
so pleased that everyone else is travelling fairly stress free.

YAY For weddings.

PS I'm not nervous to marry fh but I am a bit nervous about the whole day- after all this money i really want an awesome wedding!!!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Millie, don't be silly! Just cause I've got stuff going on doesnt mean you shpuldnt complain! I complain about things like my arm that seem so minute in comparison but its human. It sucks when things are out of your control.
I think the first big thing when you're both stressed is a big milestone. If everything goes to hell and you still manage to support each other and work through it, it shows a lot about the relationship.

I need to pull my finger out with my oos! I've got the design sorted but I'm stuck on the actual wording.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I cant believe it is almost here! Everyone on here is all so excited which is amazing! :) It feels easier to show my excitement on here, because we are all in the same situation, where my friends/workmates/family probably dont want to hear about it ALL the time :P

I just need to confirm my placecardsfavours got to our restaurant in Maui (i sent them in January, but havent heard, so I emailed this week to check), and sort out speeches..THAT IS IT!!! We also need to book accom for one stop on our honeymoon roadtrip (in Portland) but that will happen this week.

Other than that, I am starting to get things together that I need to pack (leaving in 9 days!) making sure I dont forget anyhting for the wedding! FH has told me he is REALLY scared he is going to forget his ring, so I am in charge of taking both our rings (carry-on of course!)

Talking about it all being nearly over, what are people going to be spending their time on? For us, we are doing home renovations...we live in a 1 br house, and we are adding 2 bedrooms upstairs (yes, in preperation for some babies!) and changing the layout downstairs. We have the plans done, just getting quotes, getting the plans through council etc...the whole thing will take us the rest of 2012 at the minimum..it will be hell to live here..but worth it in the end :?

I have a question...I know there are all the threads on here that married ladie chat on, but this thread will close at the end of march..where can we all just keep in touch with each other and gossip, share news etc? Any ideas, and is anyone interested in doing that? I will miss this thread! :cry:

My ticker isnt working!!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 am

I'm kind of jealous that it's so soon for most you girls! I know I'd be freaking if it was less then a month away but I just want to be able to call FH my husband!

I've been getting through a bit of stuff tonight, almost snail pace with my arm but thankfully I have nothing but time as I can't do much at work. I've finished half the menus, then decided I needed a change (it gets quite mind numbing after a while) and worked on pew decorations. I thought I'd have to completely skip on them, can't really afford fresh flowers and I'd tried crepe paper, tissue paper and coffee filter flowers but I just couldn't manage any of them. Don't ask me how, but of all things, I managed origami ones! I think because I can fold with one hand but the others I need two to hold everything together and tape it, either way, I can manage it and I'm pretty happy with the end result. I'm thinking of adding some little gems to the centre of the flowers and planning on using black ribbon. I just had to add the purple stuff as FH couldn't picture it hanging from the chairs without it.

After the wedding, I've got to move straight onto my little brothers. They want me to do invites for their engagement party and all the stationery for their wedding. I know that won't take up all my time but it'll take a bit. Hopefully, keeping absolutely everything crossed, I'll be well enough that I can go back to study anaesthetics or at the very least find a decent job.

I'd definitely be keen to keep in touch somehow! I'd miss chatting with you girls!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:14 am

Kate those flowers are beautiful..I think you are really talented with the DIY stuff...its something I am no good at all!

Have a think about where we can all keep chatting!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 am

Those flowers look incrediable. And one armed, well done!

beckstar2012

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 am

Wow Kate they look fantastic-you are so clever! I could never do something creative like that, even with two hands :lol:

We have a few things around the house that we want to get done as well after the wedding such as tiling the main areas of the house and putting a deck on out the back, and who knows now that we are not preventing we might have something else to keep us very busy in early 2013! I would love to keep in touch with you girls. I don't want to see this thread close :(

Hmmm, how strange, my ticker isn't working either!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:37 am

Oh mi gosh so yesterday was a everything arrived day.

FH groomsmen present whcih are these beautiful stainless steel pilsener mugs with this engraved (laser printed on them)

Rarotonga
Name of Groomsmen
10 March 2012

They are gorgeous!! I'll take pics tonight to show you guys tomorrow, we didnt get FH one, which was silly so I will order him one once we get back.

As for what are doing afterwards, well we are doing renovations too, the entire house to be exact its going to be stressful! We have so far, replaced the roof and guttering and finished a large deck out the back of our house. We are going to move onto the inside renos when we get back, basically new everything a new larger bathroom and changin everything but the kitchen. However since we have moved here we have managed to collect ourselves a group of tradesmen friends who are all willing ot help us out. It is so exciting

and are going to start TTC! I've been on pre-conception vitamins and had blood tests and check ups and everything is good to go!!! Our dream result would be a honeymoon baby lol. But these things can take time. OUr best friends are getting married next April so our friends have told us we better make that baby fast so that we can travel to their wedding.

And yes Erin I think thats a great idea, we could just create a thread and keep writing in it? Is anyone a Mod to see if that is possible?

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 am

Oo, how exciting Mel! I think I'm getting a bit clucky, I come on here and every time I see Jessie's ticker I want to start sooner then later! We've decided to wait around 12 months after I'm in remission before we start trying though, better safe then sorry so I guess for a while I'll just have to steal someone elses baby for a day :P

I feel crummy for complaining but just a bit cranky with the timing! I need a new round of my treatment before the wedding, I got my dates wrong and thought it wasn't until after Easter so now we've got to come up with almost 1k before the wedding! We've been scrounging every cent and we're only just going to scrape together enough for the wedding so I don't know how we're going to come up with this! Kind of more important then the wedding but I no longer have any corners to cut for the wedding. Just keeping my fingers crossed for the lotto :P

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:25 am

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed over here Kate!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks Mel :) I'm sure it'll be fine, be great if my first dress sells, it'll go a long way to helping.

The one job I want to get done today is having the OOS ready to print, I've been procrastinating big time! I've got the design down, just really struggling with what I actually put in it! The first page I've got the list of our parents, bridal party and celebrant but the second page where I'm planning to put the actually order I have no idea what to put! This is what I've got so far
Procession The Book of Love (Peter Gabriel)
Welcoming
Reading Scripture
Read by Walter C., grandfather of the bride
Unity Sand Smile (Uncle Kracker)
Signing of the Register Marry You (Bruno Mars)
Recessional Love is all Around (The Troggs)

It look a touch nicer in word but it only take up not even a quarter of the page. For you girls that had them, what did you have in yours?

I actually thought of my first job after the wedding and chances are it'll take me a month! I have to clean our house! It's clean as in there's not dishes, the floors are swept etc but it's so far from tidy it's not funny! FH finally got all his stuff down from Townsville, he only had the basic everyday living stuff, so the house is full of boxes that landed wherever he wanted to put them and I just haven't had time to unpack them or put them away! I think there's a lot of stuff being thrown too, it's just so cluttered at the moment.

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 am

Our house is super messy right now too! I haven't been wanting to complain but morning sickness is a ***** so I've been spending alot of time curled up on the lounge with DS reading books and watching TV haha.

Fingers crossed your dress sells soon, Kate!

Erin I'd be interested! It has always seemed like a silly rule to me to encourage friendships with your year then your month then once your month is up to shut the thread down and not give anyone a new place to talk *shrugs*

Yay for your stuff getting there, Mel! Looks like you're all going to be busy after your weddings fixing up your homes!

We'll be moving not long after our wedding, yaaaay! Bye-bye FMIL! Lately everytime she comes home, whatever good mood I was in just dissapears, even if she's not being mean for once. We're going to try to move away from the central coast altogether maybe and see if we can get a place near hornsby to be closer to my family.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:26 am

Ah Mel...renovation buddies :D It is going t obe hell, so I might be complaining alot :wink:

Seems there are lots of babies on the cards in this group! We are just trying t owork out when to start trying...we both want one asap, but need to get these renos done. We hope to be TTC in the next 6 - 9 months or so and I cant wait! Im sooooo clucky its not funny!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

Jessie, it's great that FMIL isn't moving with you! She doesn't sound like the nicest person in the world, I take my hat off to you for putting up with her at the moment!

I'm hoping we'll be able to start TTC in about 12 months, I think thats me being quite hopeful though.We need to move before we have kids, preferably into our own house, so I guess we'll see. This house wasn't built for constant living, there's no insulation, no fly screens, none of the doors are sealed properly. It's one thing for me to get a cold but I'd be constantly worry about a child getting sick or worse having a snake crawl in! We've ended up with a couple of red-bellies in the spare bedroom as there's a massive gap under the door, we've blocked it with towels but the bloody things still manage to get in.

Finally got out video from our dance lessons! The link hasn't been working and we've been struggling without it. FH has got shocking memory and he keeps trying to lead me the wrong way, then getting cranky when I don't follow :P It's meant a lot of frustration and getting nowhere, we've got the first half pretty well done but the second half is more complicated and it just hasn't been working, with only 5 weeks I'm freaking a touch! Need to start pushing FH, he keeps coming up with excuses of why he doesn't want to practice. Tempted to tell him we're just doing a boring waltz (his words) if he doesn't pull his finger out!

beckstar2012

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am

You girls who are doing house renovations are going to be very busy! I don't envy you at all. I am dreading us having to move all our furniture so we can tile the house. FH will be doing it after work and on the weekends (he is a tiler by trade) so it is going to take extra time which will annoy me but it will be worth it. We currently have those stupid floating floor boards and they are horrible!

Maybe we will all end up in the clucky thread together! That would be cool if we did and we can share that journey with each other. I know what you mean about being clucky Erin, I am surrounded by babies at the moment and even though I have the distraction of the wedding it is contsantly on my mind. We aren't actively TTC at the moment but we aren't preventing either (as of last week so when AF leaves the building).

Jessie that is great news you are moving after the wedding and your FMIL will not be moving with you. Sucks that you are suffering really bad MS. Fingers crossed it doesn't last too long for you.

I can't wait to finish work next week. I think I am getting sick...one of the guys I work with has been sick for the past week and now a couple of us at work have the same symptoms. I really can't afford to be sick at the moment :(

Has anyone else been having really weird dreams at the moment? I am dreaming everythign wedding but also a lot of other random stuff. Usually I don't remember my dreams but I think becuase my mind is so active at the moment it is carrying through into my sleep.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am

I changed my ticker to one that works :D

Jessie that's great news that you are moving on without FMIL... :wink:

Beck I am having CRAZY dreams...and talking in my sleep...the dreams arent wedding related, but I think my mind is too active and I am finding it hard to switch off, so my mind makes up STUPID things when I sleep. The other night I was physically trying to get the spiders out of my bed...FH was laughing at me..he didn't know my dream was about spiders, and he tickled me cause he thought I was waking up...it freaked me out, and I thought there were spiders in my bed!

beckstar2012

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 am

OMG Erin, funny you say you were dreaming about spiders, I had one last night too! I dreamt that a spider was falling from the roof in the middle of the night into our bed. I remember rolling over to FHs side of the bed and hit him which woke me up. It freaked me out and then I was laying awake for ages thinking it was real.

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Beck, I'm having the most bizarre dreams too! I normally do when I'm stresssed but I almost think I'm going crazy :P I've got the normal wedding nightmares but there's been some odd ones too. A stupid one from a few nights ago, I was being chased by vampire gummy bears. Random, there was more to it but that's all I remember. My head is a messed up place at the moment I think!
I hope you're not getting sick! It's horrid timing! Lots of vitamin C I think :)

I just got a call from my sister, she wants me to go with her on the weekend to look at a venue! Apparently I know the questions to ask and I'll have a better idea of whether it will work. I've got so much to do that I really don't want to have to worry about her wedding until after mine but I feel like a crummy, selfish sister if I say no. I don't want it to be all about my wedding but I still have so much to do!

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Made an appointment for next thursday to finalize cake stuff, I'm excited! I'm also nervous, she's not backwards about coming forwards so if she thinks my cake topper is stupid she'll tell me haha. I'm also rethinking the cake. Because I like to make things nice and complicated.

Erin that would be a terrible dream! I have dreams sometimes where I wake up and feel like I'm falling, it's so weird. My pregnancy dreams are alot more umm..they're not about weddings, I'll leave it at that. :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31