A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 pm

I've been having so many wedding nightmares that they dont really feel like nightmares anymore, like I know that its not real so i dont let myself get freaked out in my dreams.

However I have always had really atrociousy scary nightmares ever since I was little, so compared to those wedding nightmares are a breeze.

kate cant you just explain that to your sister exactly or ask if you do this for her maybe she can help you with some stuff you have to do. Thats a fair trade i reckon.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm

KiwiMelH wrote:

kate cant you just explain that to your sister exactly or ask if you do this for her maybe she can help you with some stuff you have to do. Thats a fair trade i reckon.

I agree, Kate! Very fair.

Our co-ordinator is going on maternity leave tomorrow. Booo. It's not really a big deal because it's all pretty un-fussy but I like her :lol:

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I still feel a bit bad, she's just excited and wants to start planning. And normally I'm that organized I'd have everything done 3 months ago, think she's forgetting I've only had 5 months and juggling being sick and I think she's a touch naive about how much work there is. I actually want to go with her, I've done events management so I feel like I can handle a wedding and still have some great contacts that I can get cheap prices off. I think they really want to just book it in and get it done, so thinking I might suggest next Wednesday instead of the weekend. I've got my scans next Wednesday so it's pretty much a write off day for wedding stuff but I should have time to duck down with her.

I've finished all my menus!! Only took me the whole morning, and there's only 15 of them, but at least they're done! Now to work on the OOS, I put if off again, just didn't want to look at it this morning!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Bummer that your co-ordinatir is going on maternity leave Jessie :(

Dreams are funny aren't they - Jessie I don't think we want to hear about your pregnancy dreams :wink:

Kate I hope your sister is ok with doing the venue visit on Wednesday.. It seems like it would suit you better. I am sure he would understand I you told her that you were busy, particularly now with the broken arm... Maybe there are some two handed jobs you need her help with? Good work in finishing the menus! Stop putting off the OOS :P think how organized you will be once they are done.. Still, lots to do and only one arm.. It will be a tough job (maybe your sister can help with that one!)

I really have nothing I can be doing except getting ready to go away... I can't wait, I have that constant feeling of excitement in my stomach :-)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Oh and Jessie, have you told your family about the pregnancy? Are you going to be able to keep it a secret at the wedding?

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Haha I'd be too embarrassed to share them anyway!

Write a to pack list! I love making lists because I'm just a little bit strange. :lol: Are you going to have much to do before you leave erin and mel?

I told my family yes. I asked them to keep it a secret for me so I assume all my guests will know by the wedding! :lol:

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 pm

lol funny Jessie

I wrote a to pack list, with all the wedding stuff that we have to take, cause im freaked out im going to forget something important

Im printing off my worksheets this arvo, then it just small things to get done before i go and packing

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Yep I will definately write a packing list... Knowing me u will forget something important :D

Haha yes Jessie, I think most people will know by the wedding (well in my family they would!)

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm the same with lists Jessie, I'm staying 25min from our house but I still have a list of everything to pack. It's not disaster if I forget something though but I want to minimize all the running around. The week before the wedding is just crazy, I've got medical appointments Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Just crazy they all feel in one week and of all weeks! I think the Friday will be busy with nails and tans and waxing.

I know, I need to stop procrastinating! I'm putting it off until tonight now as I want to get FH's opinion. It still looks really empty on the order page so and I just don't know what else to add. They're already half finished, I just have to print off the middle pages, fold them in half and FH is doing all the ribbon tying so there's not a whole lot for me to do with them. So instead, I'm watching crappy daytime TV and working on my pew decorations. I'm hoping to be half way by the weekend!

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:15 pm

I just got super excited out of no where. Yaaaaaay, getting married! I think I want to do a speech but I'm worried I'll be too scared. Is anyone else doing a speech?

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

I'm doing a speech. I hate public speaking, it's the thing I'm most nervous about on the day but everyone knows I don't shut up so I think they're half expecting it :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:15 pm

We haven't really discussed who will be doing a speech..... Guess we should sort that out :P

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I am doing a speech but love to talk and be centre of attention do won't be a surprise to anyone at all.

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Majeen! 8 days! oh my freakin' god you must be excited!

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Well I did it! I stopped procrastinating and the OOS are now printing! :D
Feel like I've had such a productive day and it's made me quite excited about the wedding!

Only problem, the closer the weddings getting the more little DIY things I keep finding to do! All these little touches that I'd love, I think I need to stop looking.

My mum's actually pretty upset that I'm doing a speech. She'll be fine on the day but it's no tradition. As far as she's concerned the bride doesn't give a speech as it shows that she stand behind her man and will be seen not heard! Got to love how old fashioned she is! She's even a touch upset that our vows aren't including obey!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

I still don't have time to be excited, way too busy at work and still so much to do on the wedding. I think next Wednesday I will be excited as my parents and brother are flying in from NZ and I will have finished work (although have back to back appointments all day Wednesday).

Not sure why my ticker says 8 days as my countdown on my wall at work says 9 days.

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

I think it's something to do with time zones on that website Majeen. Aww it'll be nice to see your brothers! Are you from NZ?

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh my god sooooo many posts!!!
Can't even think of all the things I was going to reply.
Except for one thing, Kate I'm shocked at the cost of medicine. Call me niaive but I always kind of assumed that the government would pay for that? Shouldn't the government pay for stuff like that? Isn't that why we pay taxes???? Makes me mad. I hope your dress sells and you don't get eaten by snakes or spiders.

Fh and I rent so we will be spending the year saving. The plan is to be in our own home in around the next year. HOWEVER.... the plan is also to start our family. I have a feeling it will take us a long while though (lol, for both). I have been on the pill for around 10 years without a break. My period will be the week before the wedding and that's when I'm gonna stop taking the pill. Can't wait. But I don't know if it will be easy or hard for us. I hear it takes about a year for your body to get fertile after the pill.

As for what I'll do with my time, the answer is RELAX!!!! I will enjoy not having to be looking for stuff for the wedding or researching.

Erin I'm so excited for you and how soon you leave!!!!

Also, I would like to join a new thread too.... we can begin one in 'afterlife' i'm sure.

darkphoenix

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:38 pm

It's the one thing that's made me quite cranky about all this Millie. I've been told the standard course of treatment won't work so because I'm having to go with "trial" treatments and natural therapies it's not covered. I get little bits back on private health but for the most it's on me. To me it just seems the government look at it as why bother spending money on someone who's a lost cause anyway. It's another thing that will be keeping me busy over the next year or so, I intend on starting up some kind of charity for terminal patients to cover treatments. It's been hard for me but I've still been able to work a little bit to cover it so I can only imagine how much worse it would be for someone who can't work. Sorry, it's completely NWR I know, it just really irks me!

Millie, I think it depends a lot on the person as to how long it takes to conceive after the pill. My aunt, took her 3 years, my mum however it was the first month! I don't know about fertility but with the hormones it takes about 3 months for them to restore completely to normal after the pill so that would have a bit to do with falling I'd think. Either way it's exciting! Although, it's making me wish FH and I could actually plan, it's all just a waiting game at the moment but we'll get there one day.

Is it bad that I'm really excited about being able to help with my brothers and sisters wedding? I've had a lot of fun with all this planning stuff that I think I'm going to miss it so just glad I've got something to fill the void :P

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 am

Sorry ladies - NWR but back to TTC , I have been on the pill for roughly 13 years... I have friends in the same boat and some fell pregnant in the first few months, while others blame the pill for having difficulties and needing treatments and assistance such a IVF and hormone therapies. I guess everyone is different.. I have my fingers crossed that I will follow in my twin sisters footsteps ... The first one was an accident and the second one was planned and in the first month of trying.. She is obviously very fertile so maybe I am too??? :wink: I would have started trying a year it so ago, but finally after the wedding we will have no reason not to (ok once we have the renos underway and extra bedrooms on the way)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35