A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 am

Hello Ladies,

Well after a good weekend (FH had it off, which happens maybe 2 every 12 weeks) so it was heaps of fun. Went out for dinner with all of our friends where we live who are unable to come to the wedding. So so much fun and a really good night.

I only have 4 more days of work, just a few more things that I have to do and re-print.

Feeling alot better about the extra people situation. There isnt anything I can do, people ahve already booked their flights to another country! So I really should feel good, that they care about us that much.

I had a mini freak out realising i leave in 4 days and feel like I still have heaps to do even though i know i dont. Going to start packing my bag tonight! That will help me feel better

beckstar2012
I survived and got married

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 am

Haven’t you ladies been chatty over the weekend??

Kate I am sorry that it came to that point with your MOH and you had to put her in her place. It would have been very difficult for you to do but I really hope that now you have she finally steps up and does what she is supposed to do. As much as I would want my grandparents there I honestly don’t think that I would want someone like your aunty at my wedding, especially if it is going to make you worry the whole day. The day is about you and your FH and you should only have the people you want there, not those who are forced to be there. I hope things work out for you.

Spanna, sorry you had to fire your brother as your photographer. Have you had any success finding a replacement in such a short amount of time?

Erin you are so organised having things booked for your honeymoon. FH and I decided that we would just book into things while we are over there. The only thing we have booked for at this stage is to visit the world trade centre memorial. When do you guys head over to the mainland? It would be funny if we were in Vegas at the same time hehe

YAY for only having 4 days of work left Mel. I am so excited about finishing up on Friday. I can’t wait to sleep in and do things around the house next week. Hopefully you get everything done you need to in the next couple of days.

I had a very busy weekend. I picked up my dress yesterday, and seriously fell in love with it all over again. It is now hanging up at mums in the spare room (with the door closed so no prying eyes) ready for me to put on. I also put my engagement ring in to be replated and I feel so naked without it. Had my hair coloured on Saturday. I have decided that I am going to make my own unity candles for the ceremony. I looked online this morning to order some already made and it was going to cost me over $100...WTF seriously?? I can decorate 3 candles myself for about $30. I still need to pick 2 songs for our church service (still struggling with the music) and make my menu’s and table numbers, thanks to Jessie I will be giving this ago during the week. I was struggling to find something to put on the third side of our menu’s/table numbers and I was telling my MOH that we were donating money to the Motor Neuron Disease (MND) Foundation in memory of my grandad, and she suggested that I put some information about MND and the charity as not a lot of people will know about it. I have made up little thank you cards for all our guests telling them what we have done but haven’t put any information on them about the disease so that is what I will be doing.

I seriously can’t believe it is under the 2 week mark now. I am starting to get so excited!

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 am

I think the whole MOH thing is definitely playing on my mind, had a dream last night about my hens night and she was doing nothing but moaning that we should have been at a pub not bowling and I lost it. Told her she was fired, and just to go home as I'd had enough of her crap. Really hoping it doesn't pan out that way!
I've booked another hair trial for the day of my hens so I'll get to see how long it lasts, really need to look at another trial tan (wasn't too happy with the first) and I really need to book into a dentist, not sure how long veneers take so I need to get a wriggle on!

Beck, sounds like a productive weekend. I really like the idea of the having something about the foundation on the third side, it'll be a nice touch. Whereabouts do you need the songs for in the service?

And just have to say, so jealous that all you girls are finishing work soon! I've still got a month! :( :P

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

So much for not much more to do, just say on facebook that one of my other cousins or uncle has now decided to come.

I AM SO PISSED OFF :evil: :evil: :evil:

I cracked it and said. I've already confirmed numbers so whoever this person ends up being can come tot he ceremony but not the reception and they will have to find their own accom cause they cant stay in the house.

I will actually let them go to the reception as I can change everything for the FOURTH TIME, but i want them to realise its not a simple thing to do. I am not however letting whoever this person is stay in the houses with all of us. The rooms are already getting really full. And they can be the person doing last minute organisation and see how it feels

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 am

Big hugs Mel!! Can't believe there's another one! Even if you're family, since when is it ok to invite yourself!
Probably a good thing you said something otherwise there might be more thinking they can just tag along! I don't think people realize how much it means changing so close to the date!

beckstar2012

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

darkphoenix wrote:
Beck, sounds like a productive weekend. I really like the idea of the having something about the foundation on the third side, it'll be a nice touch. Whereabouts do you need the songs for in the service?

Thanks Kate, I thought it was a great idea too. I still need to pick a song for the communion part of the service and our leaving the church song (we don't want the wedding march). I am finding it really difficult to find something. Yes both FH and I are catholic but we only go to church on special occasions (me more so than FH) and the songs that the church allow you to play are just not us at all.

I know this sounds awful, but I am kind of regretting having our ceremony in the chuch only because the whole service really isn't FH and I :( I know that to me I wouldn't feel married if I didn't have the church service and got married in a park, but I am just feeling a little unhappy about it. My mum did not realise that we were having a full nuptial mass and thought we were only having the service so she is over the moon and so is my grandma. I found out yesterday that none of my aunties and uncles or even my mum had the full nuptial mass, and I felt bad if we didn't have it which is why I went with it and now I find out it would have been ok if we didn't :( FH has been great and he said as long as he is with me on the day he doesn't care about anything else.

Mel I can't believe your family keep doing this to you! Good on you for taking a stand and not letting them get away with it so easy.

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 am

I know that feeling Beck, I was brought up full on Christian so I wouldn't have felt right with a beach or park wedding and my mum was really pushing for a full on church service. Thankfully found a little chapel instead of a big church, while FH and mum aren't quite happy it's a compromise and we've both said as long as we get to marry each other that's the important detail.

I'm not sure if it'll be allowed at your church (some do, some don't) but I've played How Beautiful by Twila Paris for the communion part a couple of times, Let us break bread together is another nice communion one, very traditional though. I'm biased as I just love playing it but Ashokan Farewell by Ungar is my favourite recessional, Rondeau is another nice one.

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 pm

I feel a bit crummy for being relieved but MOH just stepped down!!! She called to say she just got her rego and it's due a couple days before the wedding, she did ask if I'd be able to afford to cover her hair and makeup and wait until after the wedding for the money for her dress but when I said I really couldn't she asked if she could just come as a guest. And she apologized too! Apparently she realized she'd been acting like it was her day and dictating to me so she's feeling bad about that but cranky I didn't tell her to pull her head in sooner :P It's a great outcome as I don't have to stress and I still have my best friend.
And icing to the cake, my sister was in tears when I called and asked if she'd be my MOH instead, think she's a touch excited!

Downside though, I had the motivation to print off all the OOS last week and the names are obviously wrong now! It'll probably only be $10 for more paper but just annoyed that I have to do them again!

reen

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey mate sounds good that its all sorted now..better now than right before your wedding and like you said you still have your friend at the end of it!

We havent had a good few days...we found out that my Dad is unwell, he has bowel cancer so they are doing big surgery on friday (2 weeks before the wedding). Had a big cry last night, because Dad may not be able to walk me down the aisle so he has asked my brother to do it just in case. Its really sad and my emotions are all over the shop at the moment felling happy about the wedding sad about Dad, stressed about study....Its hard to keep all in check! the hardest part is Dad is apologetic about it all becuase the surgeon wants it done asap....at the end of the day we just want him better.

Anyway its great to have you girls on here to chat to now and then, so thanks :)

Reen

beckstar2012

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:04 pm

darkphoenix wrote:
I feel a bit crummy for being relieved but MOH just stepped down!!! She called to say she just got her rego and it's due a couple days before the wedding, she did ask if I'd be able to afford to cover her hair and makeup and wait until after the wedding for the money for her dress but when I said I really couldn't she asked if she could just come as a guest. And she apologized too! Apparently she realized she'd been acting like it was her day and dictating to me so she's feeling bad about that but cranky I didn't tell her to pull her head in sooner :P It's a great outcome as I don't have to stress and I still have my best friend.
And icing to the cake, my sister was in tears when I called and asked if she'd be my MOH instead, think she's a touch excited!

Downside though, I had the motivation to print off all the OOS last week and the names are obviously wrong now! It'll probably only be $10 for more paper but just annoyed that I have to do them again!

What a great outcome Kate! Glad everyone is happy and it has all worked out. Hopefully this will be the last of your stress!

Thank you for the song suggestions before, I will definitely check out your suggestions tonight :)

Oh Reen, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I really hope that your dad is ok to walk you down the aisle but if he isn't at least your brother is able to step up. Sending you big hugs :heart:

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Reen, big hugs! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I really hope he's well enough to walk you down the aisle, if he's not, maybe have your brother walk you down and stop at the front row where your dad is to give him a hug and a kiss?

No problem Beck, should have mentioned in the last post they sound a lot better with piano or violin. I've heard a couple played on trumpet or guitar and they're just not as nice. Even if they don't help, hoping you have some luck finding ones you like.

reen

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

darkphoenix wrote:
Reen, big hugs! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I really hope he's well enough to walk you down the aisle, if he's not, maybe have your brother walk you down and stop at the front row where your dad is to give him a hug and a kiss?

Thanks guys, you're all so lovely on here! Yeah thats a really nice idea..we will just be playing it by ear, day by day so thanks so much for your thoughts.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Oh Reen that is awful news...I have my fingers crossed for your family. I think it is a lovely idea of Kates to have your dad waiting for you at the end of the aisle. He can still give you away that way. I hope the operation goes well.

Kate how exciting that things have worked out with your MOH! That must be a huge relief for you, and your sister sounds excited!

Beckstar we are in Vegas for 3 nights, March 9,10 and 11, leaving on the 12th. I only have 2 days of work left!!! I finish this Wednesday and we fly to Hawaii on Saturday! Im in the final stretch! Mel you are talking about packing already! Maybe thats a job for thursday/Friday for me... Thats is a great idea with the third side of the menu cards.... It sounds like it will make the reception very personal. You had a very productive weekend! can't wait to see a pic of these candles!

Mel I cant believe people are still inviting themselves to your wedding! If I were you I would have lost the plot by now :x
Glad you had an amazing weekend :D

Majeen you are getting married this weekend!!! :heart: Are you nervous? It sthe first for the March thread!!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Yes this weekend for me. Last day of work tomorrow. Trying to fit 5 days worth of work into one day is not my idea of fun.

I still have to print my seating chart while I still have a printer.

Not nervous or excited yet. Still too much on to even think about it. I think when my parents arrive from NZ on Wednesday it will get very real!

darkphoenix

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been thinking my god can't believe the first of us girls is this weekend! Makes it feel a bit more real for me but so excited for you Majeen! And of course, I'm excited for the photos :P

I've done my seating arrangement, that's based on who has said they're coming and who I think is being slack and I'll have to chase up so it'll change a bit but it was so easy! My cousin lent me a program called Perfect Table Plan and I love it! Made it such a breeze, took me about 10min and it'll be easy to change if need be. So now I just need to get a wriggle on with actually painting the photo frames and covering my board with fabric so I can print it and have it done.

Almost wanted to cry tonight, got a definite no from my grandparents :( My nan called me in tears so was hard to keep it together, really disappointed but these things happen. Just have to take lots of photos and I'm planning to head down shortly after the wedding to see them.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:34 am

Yay kate re you MOH. Im glad tht is sorted but so sorry to hear about your grandparents.

We are travelling to NZ just before the wedding to spend a night and a day with my mothers parents. I see my dad mum all the time as I go back there (my hme Town) quite often but my grandparents cant make that flight to rarotonga. Be so good to spend some time with them. I told them that I will try on my dress so that they can see it. And we are taking them to their favourite restaurant for dinner to celebrate.

Reen - The biggest and greatest hugs of them all. Alot of people in my family have had cancer so I know how it feels, but so close to your wedding must be devastating. Muy prayers are with you and your family.

As for me 1. A few extra people is nothing compared to what you girls have been going through so I'm just going to suck it up and get on with it.

However something miraculous happened yesterday and my auntie acknowledged that all this last minute planning must be a nightmre for me and they appreciate all the changes that i have to make. That was all I wanted to hear although i didnt realise.

So I am going to get most of the things on the list below tonight and then thats me. Im going to sit back once it is finished and have a beer lol

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am

Hahah, don't blame you Mel! I think after all the last minute stress you certainly deserve a beer!

It's another busy wedding day for me, I want to get close to finishing the pew decorations (which'll probably take most the day), I've got to go an get more paper so I can re-do the OOS, I want to at least start on the seating chart and I need to try and find some nice writing paper for my letters, never thought it would be so hard but I guess people don't write letters anymore.

beckstar2012

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 am

Kate I am sorry to hear that your grandparents definitely aren't coming :( YAY for such a busy day, hopefully you get through it all.

What a lovely thing you are doing Mel, spending a night with your grandparents. I am sure they will really appreciate it and how special you are going to try on your dress for them.

Majeen I can't believe you are the first of us girls to get married. SO EXCITING! I can't wait to see pictures :heart:

Erin, you are going to be in Vegas before we even leave the country lol so we definitely won't be there at the same time. I can't wait to come back and share our honeymoon experiences.

I was having such a productive night last night making up one of the table menu's and just as I was about to hit the print button to print a test one out we had a black out so I didn't get it finished :( fingers crossed it doesn't happen again tonight as I really want to get them done and out of the way. I hate not having my E-ring. I wont be wearing it until the wedding day now as it will be nice and clean and sparkly when I get it back on Friday and I don't want to ruin it.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

I've been lurking and not saying much lately, I feel so sick. I hope I feel alright for the wedding! I'll catch up with everyone abit later, sorry ladies I just need to have a whinge about my aunt.

I asked her if she was coming and she said yes, definitely. Then the other night my sister called and asked me why I had said I could let her decide at the last minute.

I told her I didn't say that, I told her I was letting my uncle decide at the last minute as he's very sick and wouldn't know until the last minute.

So I called my aunt today and said this is it, I need to know if she's coming TODAY so I can give final numbers and she said she'd call me back in five minutes and never did. I called her back but she has switched her phone off.

I'm tempted to just call them and say she's not coming. I'll be super P-O if we pay and she doesn't come, we're budgeting down to the last dollar at the moment it's so tight and the 60-80 dollars for her meal and drinks would mean a nice pair of shoes for DS.

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Jessie, I hope you feel better soon you poor thing! Have you tried anything natural to help? I've always been told a mixture of ginger, camomille (?) tea with honey helps.
I'd be sending your aunt a txt, saying if you need to let the venue know today and if you haven't heard back by 4pm you'll assume she's not coming. If she doesn't reply it's kind of on her then, she could still come to the ceremony but she's missed the boat on the rest. So annoyed how people are with RSVPs, it's just rude!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26