A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

beckstar2012
I survived and got married

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

darkphoenix wrote:
Jessie, I hope you feel better soon you poor thing! Have you tried anything natural to help? I've always been told a mixture of ginger, camomille (?) tea with honey helps.
I'd be sending your aunt a txt, saying if you need to let the venue know today and if you haven't heard back by 4pm you'll assume she's not coming. If she doesn't reply it's kind of on her then, she could still come to the ceremony but she's missed the boat on the rest. So annoyed how people are with RSVPs, it's just rude!

GBHs Jessie! I hope you feel better soon and you aren't feeling so terrible on your wedding day :(

I agree with what Kate has said and I would definitely send your aunt a text and put the responsibility on her. Some people are just so rude!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

I second what Kate said Jessie Grrr I know how you feel jessie. I guarantee in her head she thinks well if your uncle can do it so can she. It cant be that urgent. But they dont realise abuot the money side of it.

been so busy at work today, but its glorious as the day is speeding past

I calculated our additional costs and we still have to pay another 2800.

Thats for the
additional people
table centrepieces
Bus rides for everyone to and from the reception
Additional drinking hour

none of which I can finalise until i had final numbers. I shudder when I think just how much our little destination wedding has ended up costing us. Cant help that we are so popular :P :P :wink:

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks ladies, I'll definitely do Kates suggestion and tell her the deadline is 4 pm. I have tried a few things Kate, ginger stuff, crackers and what not. Actually the crackers or dry food helps a tiny bit. I'll try the tea though anyway because I like tea.

That's a good way to look at it Mel haha. Very popular indeed!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh Jessie your Aunty is inconsiderate..and to have turned her phone off! Did you hear from her by 4pm? I hope you are feeling better soon, and this doesnt go on for the next 7 months!

Balls

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:20 pm

She didn't reply but it turns out I have until saturday for final numbers anyway. I want to know so I can be organized though. Oh well. Aww you're so sweet! I hope I'm not sick the whole time as welll, at least it passes though. Won't be forever. Plus I get a pretty neat pressie for my troubles.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm

I dont think the point is that you have until Saturday for final numbers... She should respect you and RSVP!

Balls

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm

My mum's on it hehe. She's going to tell me tomorrow what to do so at least then it's not on me! Not that I'd let mum take the blame.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 pm

I have my fingers crossed it all works out for you Jessie

Balls

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 pm

I just found a few extra hundred dollars, yay! I forgot all about the deposit for the reception venue and I hadn't been counting it towards the total!

Before a few of you go away for your weddings I just want to say that for the past year or so, I've really enjoyed getting to know you all. You're all such amazing ladies and it has been an absolute pleasure planning with you all. I can not wait to see the pictures and hear the stories from all your beautiful weddings :heart: :heart:

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Mini crash - good luck to all of the March Brides as we finish February! Looking forward to seeing how your big days go. Massive Hugs!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Oh Jessie and LIW you are gorgeous! Good luck to you all as well :heart: Ive had a blast and feel like the girls on this forum have made the whole process so much easier - we can vent (when others in our lives would get offended) , we can get excited (when others get sick of hearing about it), and we can offer advise and ideas.
Ive really enjoyed getitng to know you all :D

Where can we keep chatting !?!?!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Naaaawwwww Jessie that is lovely! I have enjoyed getting to know you all here too.

Finally finished work but had to stay back until 8pm (work paid for a cab home) and still didn't finish everything. I don't go back until 2 April now Yay!

Starting to hit me I am getting married THIS WEEKEND! Tomorrow I have back to back appointments.

Will try and get a sneaky shot of me all ready to you girls before I take off to the ceremony if possible!

darkphoenix

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Aww Jessie, that's so sweet. I know I haven't been planning or on here as long as you girls but it's been great getting to know you all and you've definitely become a bit of a lifeline for me. It's been insane trying to plan a wedding in a matter of months with everything else going on and I would have been lost without the support and advice I've had here :) I never actually thought I'd be just as excited about someone else's wedding as my own but I'm really excited for you girls and can't wait for the photos!

As for all my jobs today, didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to :( I booked another hair trial and rescheduled it for the day so we can leave on time and did a fair chunk more of the pew decorations but that's it. I spent most the day in bed, always the way, the day I plan on doing tonnes I'm too sick to get out of bed. Always tomorrow though, and I'm feeling fairly on top of it for now. Finally starting to get some RSVPs too! Had 3 come in today so excited!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 am

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 am

Congrats on finishing work Majeen! Today is
My last day as well, and I'm also back in April 2! In feeling food about the work load though, and hoping to be out the door at 4 or not much after :D Have fun at your appointments today!

Kate I'm sure you will some stuff done today.. Do you feel abit better? Luck you are so organized and on top of
Most of it!

Thanks Millie - like Majeen I will also try for the quick post on the day :-)

darkphoenix

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am

Even more jealous of you girls now! Not only have you finished work you've got a whole month off! I've got a grand total of 10 days! And only because Easter is that weekend! Tempted to ask if we can take two weeks, screw em, they've been nothing but problems and we deserve a break :P

I'm feeling heaps better today, actually jumped out of bed at 6am! So loads of energy today, finalized our song list this morning, found some classics I'd completely forgotten about so they'll be stuck in my head all day! But that's almost the extent of wedding stuff today, I've got to swap MOH's dress for a smaller size and that's all I can do today. I've got more scans so I'll be at the hospital for pretty much the whole day being poked and prodded :( Fingers crossed for good news though!

I'll definitely have some photos to upload for you girls before the ceremony, mum mentioned about putting them on facebook! Not until after the ceremony silly, I don't want anyone seeing me beforehand! So mum will definitely be going overboard with the photos so I should be able to upload them on the half hour drive to the chapel. Although, it still feels ages away for me so odd to be thinking about the actual day.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Kate my fingers are crossed for you and your scans today. Please let us know how you go

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I would also like to second what Jessie (my wedding twin said)

Thank you all for being my wedding buddies.

Just to keep you posted, I have one more place card to do.

My music list is finished but my ipod crashed last night and so did my computer. Luckily for me I am in IT so can fix it and will do it tonight.

I am picking up my beautiful and freshly cleaned dress today, have finished packing and pretty much all of my printing is done.

seriously feel like a wave of relaxation has taken over.

beckstar2012

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow girls, I can't believe it is coming to the time where we are wishing each other good luck. I am kind of sad about that as once March is over what are we going to do :( it has been a pleasure getting to know you all and I hope to keep in touch after our weddings are over and done with. You are all such lovely ladies and I would seriously be lost without this forum!

Wishing you all the best for the weekend Majeen and safe travelling for you Erin! I wish you both the very best and I can't wait to hear all about your special days once we come back :heart:

I am finishing work on Friday and I can't wait. I am hoping to have a very productive weekend so that the rest of the week can just be relaxing until Thursday and Friday when we have back to back appointments.

Kate I hope you received some good news at the hospital today. Make sure you let us know how you got on.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:36 pm

:bdance: Woohoo! I finished work!! Couldn't wipe the grin off my face when I was driving home :D

Thanks Beck!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19