A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Spanna500

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Good luck to all the ladies doing the walk this weekend! Remember to breath and take it all in :heart: :heart: :heart:
2 weeks to go here! So excited.

Had some luck finding a photographer.....which I'm super surprised at AND he was super cheap but does nice work!

Another kick in the teeth is that my car blew up this week. $6000 to fix it. Come off it universe!!!!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I don't think I'm going to know what to do with myself once this thread is closed! I feel like I practically live here so it's kind of bittersweet! So excited that we're all just about there but I'll miss it.

My scans were good and bad today, it's now just in my lungs and half the size it was last scans!! So I feel like I'm finally on the home stretch, it's the smallest and most confined it's been since all this started so feeling hugely relieved. The bad, they've finally figured (after god knows how many tests and finally an ultrasound) that it's done permanent damage to my ovaries so kids are almost an impossibility. Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I guess sh!t happens. I'm lucky to still be here and even luckier to be getting better so I'm definitely not going to complain. I kind of figure you hear all the time about women falling pregnant after being given no chance so it could happen but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. I'll still have an amazing husband and we can always get a dog :P

Changed over MOH's dress today so bit relieved that's done. And I found some amazing shoes while I was there!! They didn't have them in my size though and they're no longer ordering in shoes so I got the brand name and fingers crossed I can find it somewhere! They're exactly what I wanted so hopefully, the ones I have are nice but it was more settling as I couldn't find anything. And music is done too! I had a good couple hours to kill at the hospital so took to finding songs, got some awesome oldies from some of the other patients too that I never would have thought of so I'm happy!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Kate that is great news! Half the size is AMAZING! There are always other options for children - adoption, surrogacy etc if you choose, but in the meantime, GET A DOG! My dog Jasper is the light of my life..I will miss him immensly the 3 weeks we are away....

sachick90

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Crashing

Hope you March ladies have amazing days :-)
Can't wait to see photos

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks Natasha!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 am

So pleased that the cancer is going away Kate. What a great attitude you have!!

Spanna!!!!! Oh you poor thing. I hate when stuff like that happens!!! $6000??? Wow must have really blown up!

I just picked up my new car 2 days ago, it's really nice. I'm lucky in a way because my car that was worth around $22 000 got written off and they had to do a new for old replacement which was around $28 000. But of course, FH wanted to upgrade (I thought the last car was the upgrade?!) so now we have a Subaru XV and about $8000 of debt. But our big plan is to become a 1 car family and sell his car which is worth about $40, 000.

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 am

happy march 1st ladies!

we are getiing married THIS MONTH!!!!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 am

Kate that is great news about your scans.

i agree there are so many other options and also so many children out there that need a loving home that you and your FH are sure to be able to provide.

Today is my last day at work. I got the most amazing facial last night, my MOH got her dress and its perfect. I have two more pages of printing and im getting a wax, and mani pedi tonight then going to dinner with some friends and then thats me. Im all done.

I actually feel more relaxed than I have been over this entire process. I am a very happy girl at at the moment.

Unfortunately this prob the last day that I can get on the net before I leave. I will be back on teh 26ht of March with a vengence!!

So to all of your wonderful march ladies. Good luck with the rest of your planning and have a great month. Oh i feel sad! P.S keep me posted if we start another thread!

beckstar2012

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 am

Kate that is great news about the results your scan. I am sorry you got bad news about not being able to conceive naturally but as the other girls have said there are many other options if you do wish to have children of your own. Your strength and determination has inspired me so much and whenever times get tough I will use your strenth to remind me that things aren't so bad :heart:

OMG only 9 sleeps to go! Happy 1st of March ladies :) it is all starting to feel so real!

I have not had a very productive week at all. Our little nephew was born yesterday morning so we were up at the hospital until late last night and by the time we got home I didn't feel like doing anything so tonight I will be very busy. I need to finish our OOS so I can send it off to our priest to look at before getting them printed early next week. I need to find a basket or something to put them in at the church. I have a few other things that I want to do tonight as well. Thank god I finish work tomorrow is all I can say! I think after tomorrow I will be feeling a little bit more relaxed.

Wishing you all the best for your last day of work Mel and I am sorry that you won't be able to get back in here much before you leave for your big day. Wishing you all the very best and I can't wait for us to come back and share our photos :heart:

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 am

Happy march 1st ladies!

Kate that is FANTASTIC news about your scan! I'm so happy for you! Not so great news about the babies though but miracles happen all the time and you have a million other options like the other ladies said.

Mellybean, good luck! I can't wait to see your photos! Enjoy your trip and seeing all your family!

Congratulations on being an aunty, Beck! I hope him and his mum are both doing well! Spotlight for the basket? Or a cheap shop?

Thanks, Sachick! You're so nice to think of us :)

Aww no, Spanna, that sucks! What crappy timing! Good news about the photographer though, you must be relieved!

Yaaaaaaaay, Erin, no more work! Enjoy your time off lovely, you deserve it!

AFM, not much! Off to see the cake lady today to finalize cake stuff. Going to the venue on saturday to pay the balance and I pick up my dress this coming week. I still need to take DS's pants and find him some shoes. Also, I need to cut my veil to make it a little shorter and finish my music choices. I think that's all though!

darkphoenix

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks ladies :) I'm pretty relieved and while the whole kid side sucks, there's always worse things. And it gives me the perfect excuse to get a dog, FH doesn't really want one but I'm sure if I pulled that card he wouldn't say no :P

Mel, just wanted to say good luck! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Beck, how exciting becoming an aunt! Spotlight has some really nice baskets, I bought one there yesterday for my fans.

Spanna! That's such sucky timing! GBH! Glad you got another photographer though

I've realized pretty much all you girls will be married and back before I'm in my last minute stress week! It seriously still feels like so far away! I know it'll come around a bit too fast though.

I'm finally at the stage of having to pay everyone, it's so depressing to see our savings slowly going down. Even though I couldn't touch it was nice seeing so much in the bank!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Good luck Mel, have a great trip! Cant wait to hear all about it :D

darkphoenix

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Getting so nervous and excited watching all your tickers! I know mines not far behind!!!

I should, fingers crossed be finished the pew decorations tonight! That's the plan anyway, just depends how good my motivation is with footy being on :P
We picked up FH's ring tonight!!! So happy about that, one more expense down and just making it feel so real having it here!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Did you get the pew decorations done Kate? Haha your ticker is moving pretty quickly too, believe me!

Im starting to pack! I have written my list, and getting things together...going to be a busy day tomorrow but we dont leave til late saturday afternoon, so plenty of time - I will probably be twidling my thumbs on saturday :-)

I just went for a run in this awful Sydney weather ... geez I am SOAKING!

darkphoenix

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 am

I almost have them finished! I've got all the flowers put together and then realized I hadn't bought any ribbon! But that should be a really quick 5min job.
I'm honestly wondering where this week went! It's just gone and I feel like I didn't get much at all done, hopefully more productive next week! And hopefully can convince FH to pick up my ring! Really want to see it again!

Can't believe you fly out tomorrow Erin!! So excited for you! I've got a pretty hectic day at work so if I don't get back on again, good luck! Soak up the sun, take lots of photos and make us feel even more jealous :P

beckstar2012

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 am

YAY you fly out tomorrow Erin! How exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures of your special day. Wishing you a safe trip and hopefully you can pop in. Enjoy the warm weather, it is like the middle of winter in Canberra here today! Fingers crossed it is nice and warm next weekend or I am going to freeze!

Well today is my last day at work and god I love all the people I work with. They have completely decorated my desk with streamers, little wedding dress and champagne glass confetti, balloons and even bought me a cute little pink veil to wear today. I feel so special (but also a bit silly hehe).

Kate I have to say a big thank you for the music selection you gave me the other day. The How Beautiful song is so lovely and we are using it in our service as our communion song (hopefully the priest doesn't say no).

We got our order of service sent off to the priest last night to have a look at so hopefully he doesn't make too many changes so I can take them down to office works early next week to be printed (my printer doesn't print double sided unless you manually feed them each page in manually and that would be a massive pain for 100 OOS). FH has been a great help and has pretty much put together all of the place cards. We just have to make the menu's and I think all our DIY stuff is done. I still need to find some pew decorations. I emailed the girl who is having their wedding before us weeks ago to see what they were having and maybe we could have come to some sort of arrangement but unfortunately she hasn't emailed me back so I will have to come up with something.

darkphoenix

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 am

Beck, the people at your work sound so lovely! Glad I could help with the song, I know how hard Catholic services can be for music! With the OOS, what we did for ours with printing was I printed just page 1 fifty times then flipped it over and printed the second one so it was still double sided but didn't have to do each one manually. It's easy enough to do and might save you some money.

I'm just about to buy my third pair of wedding shoes! I finally found the perfect pair that I'd been looking for all along! So really really happy as I'd settled on the last ones. I'll find a pic a bit later of them.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Beck I will definately try and pop back in while Iam away..I am sure I will have time onec I get to Hawaii in the days leading up to the wedding, and I will get someone to take a few iphone pics so I can post them on here :-)

Glad you have got nearly everything done and FH is helping out! How fun to have a fuss made over you at work! I got lots of 'good luck' and 'have a great time' but thats about it...then again I mostly work with boys :)

kate - 3 pairs of wedding shoes!! 8O

darkphoenix

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Hahah, I'm not intending on wearing them all Erin! :P The first pair were about 2 sizes to big, ordered from the sites silly conversion chart and it was just way out so got a refund on those. The second ones are the flats I have and I very much so settled for them as I couldn't find anything else but I'll wear them everyday so it's not a waste of money and they were only $40 so can't really complain. The third pair are the dreams ones I'd envisaged from day one and by chance stumbled across them, and FMIL has offered to buy them as my birthday present. They're dyeable too so figure I'll get them some bright colour or black after the wedding so I'll get plenty of use. Anyway, I found a picture of them finally!

Can't believe how many RSVPs I have to chase up! Today was the cut off and the post arrived with one more, but that's it, there's still about 20 people I have to hound down. I'm hoping it's more just forgetfulness then rudeness but just annoying as I'm tight on time! Messaged one of my close mates to ask if he was too important to come (jokingly of course) and silly thing had thought he'd already RSVP'd even though the RSVP card was stuck to his fridge! I'm not looking forward to it as it means I have to get a wriggle on with the seating arrangements, not looking forward to that! :(

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Yes Kate, RVP's are a pain to chase up! And it always seems there are many to chase up!

Ah yes, now I remember the shoes being the wrong size...Im glad you found your dream ones!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37