Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Gorgeous shoes Kate!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks Beck :) They've only got a 1/2 inch heel too so perfect with FH being a shortie :P

Just been told by FH there's about 10 people he heard from last month about the wedding and he's only just telling me now! So hoping he hasn't forgotten anyone! But it's taken our all up no's to 15! Which has left us with only 55 people including us! Our venue has a minimum of 60, so we have to pay for that whether there's 60 people or not so just wondering, is it rude to invite some people last minute? There's some that we would have loved from the start but just couldn't fit them in.

NearlyMarried

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 am

Just noticed someone asking if its rude to invite people at late notice.

I have a confession, we were in a similar situation so I rang a few people that we wanted to invite but like you couldn't fit in and pretended that I was chasing up their RSVP's. They just thought it got lost in the mail.
This was done for both their benefit and ours. It saved us the embarrassment and didn't make them feel like they weren't good enough to make the first round of invites. :D

darkphoenix

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:55 am

Can't believe our first March wedding is here! Best of luck today Majeen (I know you probably won't see this till after), hope the rain holds off for you!

Erin, I know you're flying out today so not sure if you'll see this but just wanted to say good luck! Wishing a safe flight and a relaxing week before the wedding.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 am

Good Luck Majeen! Happy wedding day!! I am sure it will be beautiful, and I cant wait to see some photos when I get back. Enjoy the day hun :D

Yes today is the day I fly, so only a few more posts from me when I csan get online (bitter sweet really!) I am very excited, but will be slightly relieved when we are in the air and on our way :D For all you ladies getting married while I am away, I want to wish you all a perfect wedding day, and I am so excited to hear all about them all!

Thanks for your friendship ladies
xx
Erin

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am

Aww, good luck Erin! Have a great time!!!

ETA love the shoes, Kate!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Wow so excited for everyone but as for me it's as though 1 week nerves have kicked in and my tummy is doing flips. I feel a bit ew

beckstar2012

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

OMG LESS THAN ONE WEEK TO GO JESSIE, MEL AND MILLIE!!!

I know how you are feeling Millie, mine have started to kick in too! I know as soon as I get to the church and see FH I will be fine.

How is everyone else going? Have you got much left to do?

darkphoenix

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Nerves have started to kick in big time for me! I think it's more nervous about the ceremony then actually marrying FH. I'm not a big fan of public speaking in the slightest so even having to squeak out my vows is terrifying!

I'm slowly getting through things, I'm freaking out big time now though! Just found out FMIL is coming over for the wedding two weeks early! She wanted to come earlier so she could be here for my birthday. Absolutely love her and so glad she's going to be here but the spare room is packed with wedding stuff so have to move all that and tidy the house and get as much as I can done before she gets here. Last time she came we were out pretty much everyday even though I had things to do! I'm sure it'll be fine though, and knowing her chances are I'll have an extra pair of hands to help with the last minute things :)

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

The freak outs go in waves don't they? About 2 weeks ago I was freaked out like u Kate, oh my god I've got so much to do etc etc. Now I'm more just hoping the day is great and things run according to plan and every one has a hood time at our reception. This morning I freaked because I thought- I better just count to chek I've got all my bonbonieire and I had missed one! I had no idea at first who it was! Turns out it was fh's cousin's fiancé. I had to hand write her place card because we don't have a printer anymore but if she cracks the **** I don't care!!
I had a friends hens night last night and we went to the same place as mine 2 weeks ago ( which secretly I really didn't like) so now I feel like I can't wait to be an old married couple who want to stay home on a sat night. Ok not always but I'm def over clubbing!!
I'm kind of annoyed at something else though- we wanted to host a BBQ the next day for all the friends and family who have travelled and we don't see much of. Well we have all our regulars coming but so far none of our interstate family are, or my brother who is flying out from kuala lumpar. Seems they all are flying out the next morning but flying in early. And of course I want to see lots of them but they want to all catch up the Saturday- the day before the wedding! Um... Kinda busy what with the rehearsal, the nails, the spray tan, the killer nerves!! Saturday not so good!!! I feel so rude though. I told my bro I would catch up with him on sat arvo. Not sure what I'll do about the others though!

darkphoenix

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Aww Millie, family just don't seem to think at times when it comes to weddings! Could you maybe just do a small dinner at a restaurant? Would only take a couple hours out of your evening and at least they'd all get to catch up. If you can't though I'm sure they'd understand if you had too much to do.

I feel like I've had a rather productive night, I've completely finished the pew decorations (actually remembered to buy ribbon), made a veil for my friends hen's night, put all the gifts for the GM and BM in boxes and tied them up with little tags, I've put all the fans into the baskets nan made and finished the coathanger for my new BM. Now I just have to work on my sister's coathanger, her name just has all the difficult letters so been procrastinating.

FH is finally telling (not asking) the bosses tomorrow that we're having a week off after the wedding. Half stressed they'll say he doesn't have a job but so tired of nagging him about it! It's unfair to leave it till last minute as much as I'm against doing any favours for them but fingers crossed it's fine!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:11 am

My fh has This whole week off!!! Lucky thing!! But lucky me too because he is doing lots of running around now! Very stress free for me! My work was kind enough to grant me 2 count them 2 days off after the wedding. Without pay.

reen

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 am

Hi ladies, so much to catch up on! Wow cant believe its time for some of you how exciting!! cant wait to see some pictures!

So.....I live in north east victoria and our reception venue has been flooded!!!! The water might recede in time, but it will still be hard to access and be very wet and smelly underfoot!! Luckily the ppl are super nice and will refund us...they are as dissapointed as us but it cant be helped! So now we are looking for a new place...will probably end up at a local hall...I'm sure we can still do it up and it will be lovely! And at the end of the day we will be married and celebrating with our family and friends so doesn't really matter about the venue!!! Got to pick up all my lollies for the lolly buffet yum! And all our flight centre information for our honeymoon to vanuatu very exciting!!

:D

beckstar2012

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:36 am

hey ladies

Only 4 more sleeps to go! I am having a big DIY day today finishing off our menus and place cards (the ones that FH stuffed up while he was doing them!). I have breathed a huge sigh of relief this morning and as hard as it was I told my mum that FH and I had decided not to have a full mass for our service (we are having a Catholic service). Having a full mass just isn't us and I was really beginning to stress about the actual service itself. I felt so sick as I knew how dissapointed my mum and my grandma were going to be (honestly, they were the only reason we were having the full mass much to FHs disgust). Now I feel so much better and although my mum was upset I think she will be ok. I really hope my grandma doesnt say anything (even though I know she will!). I feel so much better and am actually starting to look forward to it now :)

Reen, fingers crossed you are able to find somewhere else to have the wedding. Are you looking for somewhere just to have your service or the reception as well? YAY for booking your honeymoon to Vanuatu, that is so exciting.

How is everyone else going??

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm

i can't believe its march!! FH is home sick (man sick not real sick) so ive asked him to use that time to choose our music for the reception. our dj sent us a list of over 20,000 songs and i almost had a meltdown when i started looking at it so ive now delegated to FH. hopefully there is something that resembles a list waiting for me when i get home.

beckstar - i am currently putting together our catholic service and like you we arent having a full mass. the only catholics in attendance at the wedding will be myself, mum, sister and aunties so we thought it may be a bit 'too much' for the non catholics there. just a question about your service. how many readings are you having? are you doing liturgy of the word, responsorial psalm, new testament, gospel reading and prayers of the faithful?? how many readers do you have?

brys

beckstar2012

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 pm

[quote="Brys"
beckstar - i am currently putting together our catholic service and like you we arent having a full mass. the only catholics in attendance at the wedding will be myself, mum, sister and aunties so we thought it may be a bit 'too much' for the non catholics there. just a question about your service. how many readings are you having? are you doing liturgy of the word, responsorial psalm, new testament, gospel reading and prayers of the faithful?? how many readers do you have?

brys[/quote]
Hi Brys

That is another reason I didn't want to have a full mass as it is only my side of the family that is catholic and really only my mum and grandparents who are practicing catholics. I just feel so much better after making the decision and i know I would have regretted it if we had a full mass (that sounds awful but it just isn't who we are). We are having all that you have listed above. I didn't realise it should be a different reader for the responsorial psalm so we are just getting whoever does the first reading to do that as well and then 2 people for the prayers of the faithful. I am more than happy to send you though a copy of my OOS once my priest has looked over it (hopefully he will get it back to me this afternoon) so just let me know and I can PM you :)

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm

oh that would be awesome beckstar. im just putting together our service now so i would love to have a look at yours. as all of my friends have been married by a celebrant i dont have anything i compare to.

appreciate it!

darkphoenix

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Reen, fingers crossed you find somewhere!! This rain is just horrible!

My big job for this week has been to download the rest of our music but we have no internet!!! It's been dismal weather here, the roads keep being cut and our internet just doesn't tolerate any kind of bad weather. I've got plenty of other jobs to keep me going but have to do that one ad our dj is away from Friday until two days before the wedding! Even more annoying, I'm spose to post a couple more invites today but can't get through with the roads closed. Enough complaining though, my guest book finally arrived today!!! So happy with it! Well worth the two month wait!

Not long to go now for you Jessie and Mel!! Actually, not long for all of us but best of luck for this weekend ladies!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh reen u poor thing!!! every time I think about moaning about the weather I think of all those poor people flooded out. Best of luck!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Just thought I would wish all you gorgeous March brides the best of luck for your weddings (sorry I missed those on the weekend!). Can't believe it has been nearly a year since my wedding! Fingers crossed the rain subsides for all the ladies effected by it! I'm sure your special days will all be wonderful! :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29