A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah ours went super quick too! Even the getting ready stuff seemed to fly! We did video the ceremony so I look forward to seeing that! I put the ring on the wrong finger!!!! Ha ha there's always one! But I seem to have started a nice family tradition as my brother did the same thing at his wedding! Now with just one more brother to get married we've said that he has to do it too!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Ladies!

I just jumped online from California to see how the weekend weddings went and it seems Millie, Jessie and Beck all went well! Yay! Can't wait to see pictures ... April is going to be a busyonth for me stalking HOF's!!

For those of you not on FB, I have posted just a few pics in my S + T until I get back and can write my proper memories of the day for you all and post a HOF. I can't wait to have time to sit down properly and fill you all in about my day.

Anyway, I just read through all the posts since I left on March 3 and there have been some dramas! Reen do you have a new venue? Kate i hope FMIL gives you a hand with last
Minute stuff - how is your wrist? You seem to have web busy with all the DiY stuff :D

I can't believe how quickly my wedding went, and te honeymoon is also flying... Take care ladies and good luck for those with weddings in the next few weeks!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Naww, thanks Beck :) It kind of still feels like forever away but it's coming too fast too.

Erin, the photos were just gorgeous! I haven't posted half my dramas on here, I've been to the point of screw it lets just get back what money we can and have a registry wedding! But I'm finally feeling a bit better today, things are starting to come together. My arm's slowly getting there, not painful anymore, just annoying and I've got to try and hide the thing now as a bucks party we bumped into on my hens night thought it would be swell to draw p3nis' all over it!!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Quiet on here this week! Just dropping in and nothing is happening! Who is next? (sorry bit sure off the top of my head...)

darkphoenix

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 pm

I know spanna (Kylies) is tomorrow, can't remember if reens is as well or if that's the next weekend.

I haven't been online much at all this week, been under the pump to get things done before fmil arrived today. Pretty on top of it, just have to bag up our m&ms but waiting till the last second so they don't melt with the humidity.

Did any of you other ladies find the week or two before the wedding were insanely busy? I've got 9 wedding appointments in the next 14 days!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Yay Spanna good luck!! I'm sure it will be perfect! Can't wait to see
Some photos :-)

Kate im glad you seem on top if it all :D I suppose the lead up to mine was different - not having as many appointments, but rather just confirming things via email...

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Good luck to everyone who's day is tomorrow! I can't wait to see photos!

I've been so slack about getting on here but combined with DH, DS and morning sickness, I've been pretty busy!

Spanna500

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:26 pm

yep 24 hours here ladies! so excited.....

really pissed off at the decorators thou. went to the venue, they'd charged us for 20 extra chair covers and sashes and not brought the table/table cloth for the signing table. i know its only a small thing but after the crap theyve put me thru youd think theyd be on the ball by now!

I did find that dark. in the last 2 weeks i had about 8 or so. in the end my boss told me not to come back till after because i was using to much time in leiu and i was virtually usless when i was at work. had to laugh as since ive left ive had about 50 phone calls on how to fix something or how to do something. I was stressing way to much also....i should have taken the whole week off beforehand.
In the last week or so my phone hasnt stopped ringing its driving me crazy. up until yesterday ppl were still RSVPing......so uncool. :evil:

im so excited.I woke up this morning and thought "hell yes this is happening. im really getting married" and as an added bonus Aunt Flow (who was a week late mind you) is giving me a re-prive and will be all but gone by tomorrow. Was really starting to worry for awhile there.

will post pics and the photo link possibly next week. love to everyone. thank you for letting me join ur excitement and plans.
Best wishes to everyone for this week and next.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Good luck spanna!!
Kate I found that I was ok the week or 2 leading up but beautiful hubby did have time off so he did the running around for me! What I didn't expect was how exhausted I would be after! I literally didn't sleep for 2 nights after through too much excitement still pumping. And spanna u r doing well coz I was soooo emotional the before!

For those who have theirs coming up I know everyone says this but try to focus and be in the present and take everything in! I was not very good at this and was super distracted during the ceremony- looking around, mind wandering etc!

Good luck!!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 am

Haha Millie - your mind wandering during the ceremony!! That's hilarious :D

I'm logging on from a beautiful. B+B in the Naps Valley... so cosy which is great because it is raining and is supposed to be for days. I don't think our bicycle winery tour will go ahead tomorrow :-(

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:09 am

Hi ladies
Just checking in on you all to see all the lovely photos of the March brides. You all look fabulous from what I have seen so far.

We are halfway through our honeymoon in Europe and loving it.

Will be logging in whenever possible to check for more pics!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:48 pm

All quiet in here!! Everyone must be busy :D

Our bike tour of the wineries went ahead today...it was dry right up until we finished then there was a hail storm!! Now I'm relaxing back at the B+B with my husband and a lovely bottle of red :heart:

Hope u start feeling better Kate..

Brys
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 am

not around much as we are in wedding lockdown! this friday is my first day of holidays but im actually considering using my time in lieu and having thursday off as well as i just feel so stressed!

my bridesmaid arrives from the UK on saturday and i also have my hens is this saturday. im still waiting for our OOS and menus and seating chart to be printed this week.

after having my mind made up for the last years on how i wanted my placecards i decided to change my mind on the weekend. i must be insane!

FH decided to finally go out and buy his shirt yesterday and hes not very happy cause he has realised he has a fat neck :D so nothing fits him properly and he will need a shirt altered. honestly! we've been engaged for 18 months. why do men leave things to the last minute?

darkphoenix

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am

We're almost down to single figures brys!!!! I wad insanely busy last week trying to get everything fonr before fmil arrived and now I'm just busy with all the last minute appointments and spending time with fmil.
FH still hasnt bought his shirt! The ones with the suit we're hiring are thst worn they're practically see through so he wanted to get one bit still hasn't!
We've practically sorted the table arrangements. Not 100% happy as dome tables have 9, others 7 but just can't find a way to split some people up. No mstter, I think as long as everyone knows someone at their table they won't care how many people are on each table.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 am

Hi ladies

I'm dropping in from Portland, the last stop on our honeymoon. We will be home on the weekend :-( I have had a ball and really dong want to come back to normal life...can I be an eternal traveller?

Brys and Kate - not long to go!! You must be so excited! OMG no shirt yet for FH!! I would be having a heart attack! So glad he got it sorted :D. DH was the same, i had to basically push him out the door at the xmas sales to go shopping and find something to wear....Kate are able to download those classical songs you are looking for (that you mentioned on fb) or buy them individually on fb?

darkphoenix

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Can't believe your honeymoon is almost over Erin! I'll join you on the eternal traveller thing, I love it, hate coming back home every time but it sounds like you've had a fantastic time!
It's down to single figures tomorrow!!! :D I'm not stressed about FH's shirt anymore, he'll do it, it'll be last minute and he'll stress but that's his problem now. I know he won't get to the day and be without a shirt, he'll just have to run around like a headless chook.
I had a bit of a breakthrough with those songs, I haven't been able to download them but I've sat down and recorded one today that I'm really happy with, just one I usually play at catholic services so I already knew it, even if that was just on repeat I doubt anyone would notice.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Oh that's awesome that you recorded a song for your wedding. I agree that if u put it on repeat noone will notice...and how special to use your own music - something you recorded yourself .... that's so much more special than buying from itunes :heart:

darkphoenix

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 am

I found some really nice Miranda Wong recordings I managed to download as well, she does a lot of wedding songs so I'm really happy. I'm still having mine in there, even if it doesn't sound as fantastic :p I mentioned it to FH and played it for him and he got all teary! I know no one on the day will know but it will be special to us, even if I won't get to hear it.

It's going to be a pretty busy weekend for me, I have to box up all the m&ms and finish the seating chart but once that's done all I have to do is the running around, dropping things off to decorators, getting my nails done, etc. Best thing though, I've managed to have that much time the day before I'm able to spoil myself! I got some money for my birthday and I've booked in for a whole 6 hours at a day spa! Manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, the whole lot. Going to feel so relaxed and fantastic and I sure as hell need it after the stressful past couple of weeks.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am

Oh Kate I am jealous about your 6 hrs at a day spa!! It sounds devine!!!

Balls

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 pm

I've been so slack for checking in here! Kate, enjoy your last week! It's stressful but fun at the same time! Enjoy your spa day, it sounds fantastic!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05