A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Re: March 2012 - Part 2

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm actually not stressed at all about my last week. Feeling so on top of it all and I thought I'd be running around like a headless chook! FH got his shirt tonight and we picked up my wedding ring!!! :D It's finally starting to feel real

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:30 am

I think that's so romantic to be playing the music yourself!!! Well I am well and truly out of my 2 day honeymoon phase! Been back at work for 2 weeks now!!! I hope the last min things are wonderful and stress free for you girls! Xxx ps take some vitamins

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes Millie great tip! Take some vitamins!! I did not and about three days into the honeymoon I was at the vitamin shop in Las Vegas looking for them... You definately need something extra :D

Today we flew back to Las Vegas from Portland (from snow to beautiful 30 degrees) and tonight we are at Las Vegas airport waiting to come home... We fly at 150am tonight ( a few hours from now) and will arrive in Sydney Saturday night after a few hours stop over in Honolulu ( we are just going to go out of the airport for breakfast)...

Its finally all over, after three weeks - an amazing three weeks at that!!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah I didnt take vitamins and wish I did because after the wedding I just fell in a heap exhausted (but still running on adrenaline) and have been fighting a cold since 2 days after the wedding! Horrible!!
Wow can't believe ur honeymoon is over! Been feeling so guilty about not being on here to support our late march girls! Especially after all the support they gave us!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 am

Well we are home! It feels good after 2 days of travel (Portland - Vegas, Vegas - Honolulu, Honolulu - Sydney).
Hmm...I can't believe it is all over!

We went to pick up our dog from a friend who came to our wedding i nHawaii but has been home for 2 weeks. She put together an album of all the photos she took on our wedding day (she was up to catch the sunset over the volcano crater), and FRAMED a picture of Sunrise and Sunset on our wedding day for us...such a personal memory for us, i got teary when she gave it to us!

beckstar2012

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 am

Hey girls, just checking in quickly from LA. It is absolutely pouring with rain today so we are stuck in our hotel room hoping it stops soon. We hav had the most amazing honeymoon. NYC was unbelievable and we didn't stop for 5 days, vegas was awesome and I actually cried when we left as I didn't want to leave. I am not impressed with LA at all and can't wait to head to Hawaii tomorrow :)

Kate I hope the last week goes nice and smoothly for you. I can't believe your day is nearly here. Wishing you all the best and I can't wait to see some pics when I get back next week!!

darkphoenix

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks Beck :)
It's a pretty hectic week, looking forward to Friday as it's the first day I'll be able to sleep in and have a relaxing day.
A bit annoyed with the last minute things that are posing interesting problems, had FBILs wife say she's a maybe and found out his son can't make it! He couldn't get the time off work but I'm sure he would have known that more then 5 days out! The receptions been paid for so people pulling out is a waste of money! But oh well, just more frustrating as it's screwing my table arrangements. And to make it worse, the wife that's a maybe is requesting to sit at a certain table which would only have 5 people if she doesn't come (where the rest have 8 or 9!) so not happening. Just hoping she doesn't chuck a tissy if she ends up showing on the day!

I've got it planned so that I can get a photo to you ladies before the ceremony. It's a half hour drive in the car so thinking I'll be on my phone to distract myself from the nerves so I'll try and get a photo up :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Beck it rained for most of our honeymoon (besides Vegas), but that didn't stop us! We flew via Hawaii on Saturday and it wasnt raining there, so fingers crossed that fine weather keeps up for you! Enjoy!

Kate try not to stress. I know its easier said than done, but in a couple of days you will be married, and all these little things wont make a difference :heart:

darkphoenix

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks Erin, surprisingly not stressed just feel very busy and just annoyed more then anything. I know I can't control everything so no use stressing but it does irk me when it's just rudeness. Actually been having lots of fun with all the last minute stuff and while I have an appointment every day this week I feel like I have plenty of time. I doubt I'll still feel that way come Friday but a couple of late nights will get everything done. My big thing is finishing off my letters, just been procrastinating and still have to hand write them all, shouldn't take too long as I have them all typed up.

Feeling quite excited as family is starting to arrive! My grandparents arrived from Sydney last night, my cousin (and BM) is flying up today and FBIL arrives last tonight. I think I'm a bit overwhelmed now that everyone is here and all offering to help. I know I should delegate some things but I think doing it myself I know where things are at and there's really not much to be done.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Haha Im really bad at delegating too Kate. I think its a female thing :D

Everyone my HOF is up!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:48 am

Kate how are you feeling!!!!??? It's this weekend!!! :D

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi lovely ladies!

Just back from honeymoon and thought I would check in with you ladies getting married this weekend and see how you were all doing. Looks like all the last minute things are keeping you all busy.

Big deep breaths and remember as long as you marry you wonderful man, none of the little things matter. Something is going to go wrong somewhere as there is so much to come together.

Can't be worse than my DH ripping my wedding dress after we were married and walking back down the aisle. He was excited and showing off so decided to do a little spin and caught my dress under his shoe as he spun and as my dress was only organza, ripped it in about 3 places and nearly knocked me over in the process. Lucky I had a bunch of safety pins in my emergency kit as we had to keep pinning it up all night as other people keep stepping on the side that was hanging down and ripping it more. My lovely $2500 dress ruined in seconds. Lucky I wasn't planning to resell it but now I really can't.

darkphoenix

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Excited is an understatement!!!!! :mrgreen:
Feeling quite scattered too though, I think I'm over thinking and just forgetting things! I've been to the shops four times this week already and forget to buy a thankyou bottle of wine for my Aunt everytime and I forgot to pick up our aisle runner when I was at the decorators!!! Just little things slipping my mind! But otherwise I'm all prepared, I just have to finish writing out my letters and that's it. Everything else is done and booked, just have to show up to get my nails done, etc.
I'm not too worried about things at all, I know something is going to go wrong, it's inevitable when planning big events but I get an amazing husband at the end of it so couldn't care less. As long as the celebrant and FH are at the chapel and the car gets me there I'll be happy :)

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh Majeen! What a story! I suppose as long as it was AFTER the ceremony (technically it was AFTER if you were walking back down the aisle) you would be a bit more relaxed about a ripped dress. Thats a great story for the years to come. ..

Kate I will be thinking of you on Saturday :D

Our page will be locked after this weekend, so our time to chat is coming to an end..UNLESS:

1. There is a facebook group called "2012 Brides - Wedding Central". There are some of us already there, plus girls from the other months. It is a closed group so just come over and request to join...

2. Also, Jade ("Yadie" who got married in January), has given us a link to a forum where we can all keep chatting and keep in contact. It has some other former WC girls on it. Here is the link: http://Www.nhwom.freeforums.org Again, some of us have already registered :-) It is the same - a closed group... you will need to be added by the admin.

It would be great to see those that would like to keep in contact and keep chatting. Who knows what we all might get up to in the coming months and years..Im sure it will be exciting following everyones journeys.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 am

Hey Ladies

Just added some sneak peaks ot my Show and Tell.

Dammit i hate that we kep having to close our groups that we love.

Also good luck to every who got married the weekend just been or even this saturday, the last of the march brides.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 am

Good luck to the last of the lovely march brides!! It has been such a pleasure getting to know you all :heart: Definitely join one of those groups ladies, it'd be great to keep chatting with you all!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey I couldn't find the face book group! Good luck Kate!!!!!!

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

millie wrote:
Hey I couldn't find the face book group! Good luck Kate!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284420858276625/

Millie what is the name of your facebook profile and I will find you and add you if you like.

darkphoenix

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 am

I'm getting married tomorrow!!! So excited :mrgreen:

Brys, I don't know if you'll be on today but just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow!

Can't believe this thread will be locked tomorrow, it's come around so fast! It's been great getting to know all you lovely ladies and being able to share this wedding journey with you :) I'm glad we've found places to keep in contact, be great to see what the next year holds for us all.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 am

Good luck tomorrow Katie and Brys!!!! You both must be so excited! I am sure your wedding days will be everything you dreamed of.

It's a little sad! End of an era really :( Please come and join us for a chat everyone.

WOOHOO March brides are nearly all MARRIED! :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1