A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsLobster

Re: April 2009

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

deleted
Last edited by MrsLobster on Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rubysync
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:12 pm

congratulations to all you.. this is it!

Im_Sunny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Sooooo.. good news.

They are having grape grazing at our winery on the day of our wedding.

Fun times ahead

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 pm

its raining its pouring
grrrrrr

bondibride2009
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:10 am

FH tried on his whole outfit last night. only thing missing was the buttonhole and some hair gel :P he looked SOOOOOO sexy. OMG i cant wait to see my handsom man on the day *swoon*

countrygal

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 am

Good Morning ladies! Im all packed and ready to head south. ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS!!!! 8O :D

Just wanting to wish all my fellow April Brides the absolutely very best. Enjoy the day, dont worry about any gliches - the BEST weddings I have been to are definately the ones where the bride and groom are enjoying themselves. This is the beginning of the rest of our lives.

I'll be back from Honeymoon about April 19th. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!1

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 am

Best wishes Country Gal! Can't wait to see pics!

And MORANBAH - where are you!!!

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 am

two more days. im starting to relax.
ive resigned to the fact it will be raining and thunderstorms :cry:
so will except the fact i will be having an indoor wedding.
I kind of like the idea of having 40 pink umbrellas though lol.
Anyone know where I can buy 40 pink brollies cheap? :wink:

I have my dress.
I have a huge mess on my loungeroom floor or all the bits and pieces i need to do.
Still have to burn music and make a slide show but I can do that tonight.

I think most things are done so Ive decided to just relax and go with the flow. I want to enjoy my wedding day so have decided to just take it as it comes. Anything ive forgotten to do can just be forgotten......

hahaha until tomorow when i realise what ive forgotten and frantically run around like an idiot hahahhahaha

My life will be back to normal soon yay

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:42 am

roxibutterfly wrote:
its raining its pouring
grrrrrr

Same up here. 50% chance of more rain this weekend where we are getting married. It's absolutely bucketing down in Brisbane....I feel really down about it....

2 more sleeps...what are the chances of me having our outdoor wedding now... :cry:

Tashybabe
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:51 am

Lots of best wishes to the ladies getting married this weekend. I hope the weather clears for you and you have a wonderful time. Get lots of sleep and take time to enjoy the day. I'm very excited for you.

meanwhile, i still have mountains of things to do!! I wanted it all done by Easter so we can relax before guests start arriving.....

bessiebroadarse
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 pm

everyone sounds so organised... I don't even know where I am at.... must sort my sh*t out...

SavvyAli
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:34 pm

hello everyone :) I've been a bit slack getting in here lately as wedding season has us snowed under with work. I just wanted to say good luck and have fun to the first of our April brides and I hope your days are everything you dreamed.

Best advice I can give that I give to all brides:

Relax and enjoy it as it will be over before you know it
and don't sweat it. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' wedding, there is always something that will throw you whether it is as simple as not being able to find your shoes for a few minutes, to a council dropping a mountain of bark in the middle of the area you were planning on having your ceremony (yes, this has happened to a bride.) Breath and stay calm, you will be able to work it all out.

Have fun ladies! I look forward to seeing your photos in hall of fame. :D

moranbahbride
Black Lung Bride
Black Lung Bride

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:03 am

Last edited by moranbahbride on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bondibride2009
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:59 am

good luck today girls :)

so excited for you. and dont worry about the weather. your day will still be perfect :heart:

xxxx

bondibride2009
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 am

Over southern and eastern Australia the cold front events likely to bring widespread rain are now expected about 28 March to 1 April, 11 April to 15 April, and 25 April to 29 April. Rain events originating in the tropics and moving south are possible about 25 April to 29 April.
Over Western Australia the strongest cold fronts should occur about 13 April to 17 April, 22 April to 26 April, and 26 April to 30 April.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-rang ... nsw/sydney

Looks like my day is all clear :D

I hope these long range forecasts are accurate :)

My mum has chosen her hair and makeup from the latest cosmo bridal mag. i think she's going to look stunning. she bought her dress in paris, it is a sort of lilac colour, but I havent seen it yet, and it's floor-length.. she is coming to meet me for lunch on wednesday and show me the dress, then we're going to go shoe-shopping for her.

I've also booked in my waxing, spray tan, nails.. so excited :) and i have a personal training session on the friday morning before the spray tan (wedding is on the sunday - 19th). my trainer said he will put me to some major physical work that morning, as it will be the last bit of exercise I'll do before the wedding.

feeling really good about my weight loss :D the most important thing for me is that my arms look good, because they've always been so wobbly (chicken wings). but now i feel heaps strong, and fit. i can do 3 sets of 8 pushups, which is a huge thing for me.. when i started training i couldnt even do ONE pushup.

anyhoooo.. i have my hens night in 1 week, and the day after I think I will dedicate to buying stuff for the honeymoon. yay shopping :D very excited about everything. im getting excited/happy over the smallest things. i got my nails and feet done yesterday, my nails are soooo short now, usually they're long but after rockclimbing last week they got all yucky so I cut them down really short.. but then i got a manicure and pedicure, and they are so cute now, even short. i made another appointment for thursday week, to get a manicure/pedicure, and then the saturday before the wedding, i'll just get the gel nails. dont want a spa pedicure, because it might wash out the spray tan.

phew.. what a long ramble.. sorry about that. if you've read all of that, well done LOL

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:02 pm

well i hope everyone who got married today had an amazing day, reagardless of weather.

and for all tomorrows brides, good luck and best wishes

and for the rest of us not long to go now.

krisfred371

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am

Hi,
Had the biggest fright yesterday. I am getting married in two weeks and my FH was playing AFL. I asked him not to play so close to the wedding, but he said that nothing would happen. Ten minutes into the game I see him lying on the ground calling for the medic, then I see them calling for the stretcher 8O . They carried him off with blood pouring out of his head and carried him straight into the changerooms. I didn't get to see him until after the game and he has ended up with four stitches right near his eyebrow and concussion. They said that the stitches will come out in five days and I am hoping that the cut will blend in a little to the eyebrow. I have to say that I think I gained a few extra grey hairs yesterday. At least next weekend is Easter and he won't be playing. I think it is quite funny that the first thing he said to the medics was "oh no, I am going to be in big trouble" :)
Hope everyone elses plans are going well and I hope this weeks brides had wonderful days.

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:12 pm

well my FH had his bucks last night, so he is now upstairs having a nap but i have to say that he was really sweet - almost romantic (which is unusal)

I was out when he left for the night so when i go up to bed late last night there is a note sitting on my pillow saying how much he loves me and how much he is looking forward to getting married. :D :D Then late last night i get a drunken phone call and all he can say is how much he loves me that he is missing me and that he cant wait to be able to call me his wife. :heart: :heart:

it was so sweet

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 am

IM MARRIED!!!!!!!
Beautiful day!

I love my HUSBAND so much and am so happy.

Had a few hiccups but mothing major.

I suprised hubby with a tattoo on my wrist. I got it morning of the wedding. Its his name.

My pop cryed doing a reading at the ceremony and everyone got teary. I couldnt even look at anyone cause i was crying.

The weather was so terrible and people were calling and texting me allllll day! But I was insistant i wanted it at my tree and the weather stayed clear enough for ceremony and location shots. It poured afterwards.
The most amazing thing happened during and after the ceremmony. DOLPHINS started jumping out of the water. I have lived here my whole life and I have NEVER seen dolphins in the lake. A whole bunch of them started playing in the lake near us.

here is a link to my facebook album for a sneak peak at a few pics....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =730782818

Mrskegg2b

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Congratulations...Wow amazing about the dolphins!

I'm Married too!!!
Yay! day was fabulous, we also had a few little hiccups but nothing too big.
It was pouring at our house and for about half of the 15min drive to the ceremony but was clear and blue over the gardens. Stayed dry for ceremony and photos, our last one was being taken when it started sprinkling. I cried a fair way through the ceremony and my DH was watery eyed for most of it too which was sweet (the big toughy), I'm so in love :heart: with my hubby and couldn't take my eyes off him. I felt like we were the only 2 people there. It was so special... I've only got a couple of non pro pics at this stage so here is a piccie of me with my Daddy before leaving home. I felt so beautiful and had an amazing day. i hope you all get the same out of your wedding. I can't wait for the pro-pics
GZIP: On | Load: 0.59