A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: April 2009

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Awwww i was crying aswell. lol
I was fine up until about 3 mins from the ceremony then all of a sudden got teary and nervous. My mum was with me and she got teary too.
Walking towards my gorgeous husband i had to keep blinking back the tears and taking deep breaths.
I kept tearing up and he had shiny eyes aswell.
My pop did a reading for us and broke down crying half way through it. Not a dry eye in the place. I had to look away as i was a blubbering mess for a bit. My dad has passed away and my poppy is really sick. We found out 2 weeks ago that he has terminal cancer so all the emotions were a bit overwhelming.

hubby and I made everyone laugh with our "special kiss".
We were being silly the other day and practising our kiss and we started discustingly licking at each other in a gross kissy way so decided to do that as our kiss. Everyone cracked up laughing.

I had a beautiful day and my children were perfect little angels for the ceremony and looked gorgeous.

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Stunning photos ladies, im so pleased to hear that the rain held off for both of you.

I cant wait to see more photos.

congratulations to both of you

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 pm

My gorgeous husband

I had his name tattooed the morning of the wedding

my brother and his girlfriend made this cake.
PERFECT

Our family dance

karli_5

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Im married!!!! i wont bore you with all the details, but i cant say any more than it truly was the best day of my life! :D the day couldnt have gone more perfectly... weather was amazing, everyone looked stunning, my groom was absolutely gorgeous!!! :heart: im in the process of uploading HEAPS of photos to my facebook page, so will post the link when im done... hopefully it works!!

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Mrskegg2b wrote:
Congratulations...Wow amazing about the dolphins!

I'm Married too!!!
Yay! day was fabulous, we also had a few little hiccups but nothing too big.
It was pouring at our house and for about half of the 15min drive to the ceremony but was clear and blue over the gardens. Stayed dry for ceremony and photos, our last one was being taken when it started sprinkling. I cried a fair way through the ceremony and my DH was watery eyed for most of it too which was sweet (the big toughy), I'm so in love :heart: with my hubby and couldn't take my eyes off him. I felt like we were the only 2 people there. It was so special... I've only got a couple of non pro pics at this stage so here is a piccie of me with my Daddy before leaving home. I felt so beautiful and had an amazing day. i hope you all get the same out of your wedding. I can't wait for the pro-pics

You look beautiful.
Glad you had a lovely day and CONGRATS :heart: :heart: :heart:

We are wives!!!! wow

karli_5

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi everyone! here are the links to my facebook albums... hopefully they work! went a little overboard with the photos! none are pro pics. mostly just copies of ones off friends' digital cameras, so may get a little repetitive!! album 3 is prob the best one. cant wait to see everyone elses pics!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... b99ee5d1d6
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... cd517fd01d
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... 8d00e4455a

countrygal

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Wow, us married girls are taking over this thread ...

All I can say without gushing is, everything everyone says is true - it is the best day ever but goes wayyy to quick.

Oh, and we had thunderstorms the day before and it POURED ... but on our day the weather was spectacular! Couldnt believe our luck. Not a drop of rain, no wind and about 24 degrees. Beautiful day.

I am typing this from the Library at the Four Seasons Resort in Jimbayan Bay, Bali. This place is incredible - we have our own private pool overlooking the ocean. This is pure luxury. **Sigh** I never want to leave.

Cant put many photos up till we return but here is one as a tease :lol: :lol: :
DELETED

I wish all the other April brides the very very best - enjoy your day! Look forward to seeing more from all of you as the month progresses..
Last edited by countrygal on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:45 pm

no fair country girl that is just a tease, i want to see more. Congratulations and im pleased to hear the weather was perfect for your day.

And Karli5 you look so happy, congrats to you too

roxibutterfly
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am

my photographer just sent me 3 sneak peak photos

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:53 am

Well it is just over 1 week to go and i still have heaps to do my list is as follows

- Buy Ribbon for Wishing Well
- Buy Ribbon for Flowers
- Get Shoes for FH
- get my ring cleaned
- Print out table names
- get the last of the lollies for the lolly buffet
- confirm all suppliers
- Pay final payments
- finish FH present
- practice vows
- confirm Babysitters (for guests children)
- Pick up dress from Drycleaners

that is all i can think of off the top of my head, but i know that there is more then that to do

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 am

CONGRATS to all you girls who got married! You all look stunning and looks like you had a perfect day! :D

Only 10 days to go for me... so much to do! All just little things though. :D

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am

Hey Kwitty,

not long now, when are you going on leave?? i finish up as at 5pm today :bdance: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

chelley lee

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:16 pm

i was just sitting on the computer and thought THIS TIME NEXT WEEK.... :D wow time has gone way too fast !

Congratulations to everyone who has had their wedding, the photos of the ones i have seen look FANTASTIC!!! i can only hope we have a great day too.

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 am

Well the current forcast is that there will be afternoon showers for my wedding, i dont mind as long as they happen after the ceremony. FIngers crossed it stays clear for the wedding.

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:13 pm

meljade wrote:
Hey Kwitty,

not long now, when are you going on leave?? i finish up as at 5pm today :bdance: :bdance:

Man I've been sooooo busy doing stuff this weekend!

Lucky you Mel - you're on holidays!! I am working Tues/Wed... my work is too busy for me to take those two days off :x

We're getting married next weekend!! Aaarrrgh!! :bdance: :bdance:

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Kwitty wrote:
We're getting married next weekend!! Aaarrrgh!! :bdance: :bdance:

it is starting to hit home now as the first of our guests have arrived. by the end of this week i will be a Mrs 8O 8O

SavvyAli
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Wow! This thread is getting exciting!

Congratulations to those who have walked down the aisle. So glad to hear you have had such great days (even with the weather). :)

Well I finally had my make-up trial yesterday. It took about three hours to get it right because Paula (my MOH and make-up artist) started out with pink tones but we quickly discovered that my skin saps the life out of any colour applied. By the end we found that golds and browns worked much better on my skin... so this is roughly what we are going with

I'm pretty happy with the result :D Pretty amazing considering I haven't slept for a few days (my oldest son turned 10 on Thursday and had a sleepover and my twin sons, who are having their first birthday today, have been sick the last few days). Paula has worked magic on the dark circles under my eyes! :)

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

Well it is all over and done and it was amazing, - Im a WIFE!!! - it all went well (there were a few small issues but they got sorted quickly) i will get back on in a few days and tell you all about it and when i get some photos i will share. :bdance: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

Kwitty enjoy your day and every one else who is getting married today.

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:54 am

meljade wrote:
Well it is all over and done and it was amazing, - Im a WIFE!!! - it all went well (there were a few small issues but they got sorted quickly) i will get back on in a few days and tell you all about it and when i get some photos i will share.

Kwitty enjoy your day and every one else who is getting married today.

Congratulations meljade! Love your "-1 day" ticker :lol: Have a great few days away!! :D

And Good luck today to Kwitty, and the other April girls!! :mrgreen:

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 am

sneak peak (bad photo my boobs look huge in this one)
jaz photo.jpg
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14